Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2326 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2008, 23:15 Bucky

Thank goodness!

QFT.

Now I can finally go to bed--I didn't want to move to Canada. Wink

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elemental: War of Magic Announced
1. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Announced Nov 4, 2008, 16:57 Bucky

Ordered, just as soon as I can figure out where to do it.

I Heart Stardock

News Comments > Steam Cloud This Week
8. Re: Steam Cloud This Week Nov 4, 2008, 06:25 Bucky

That's crazy. Personally I get annoyed when games use 'c' for crouch, as that's just bloody awkward - how am I meant to turn right when I'm using that finger for crouching? At least with Ctrl - or 'Shift' as you somewhat bizarrely use - can be pressed by your spare pinky.

My reasoning has always been that more commonly used actions should be a close as possible to WASD without interrupting movement or aim if possible. CTRL is ok, but it's much easier to hit shift to crouch--after all, when was the last time you actually used a keybind for 'walk'?

News Comments > Steam Cloud This Week
2. Re: Steam Cloud This Week Nov 3, 2008, 21:30 Bucky

It's probably a bad sign when I'm already checking Steam compulsively to see if I can start the download.

Saving binds is nice, but I'm generally happy with the default layouts--except for crouch. Why must everyone reverse crouch and walk? Shift is for crouch, ctrl is for walk. Annoyed

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Movie
6. Re: Left 4 Dead Movie Nov 1, 2008, 17:35 Bucky

Actually I need to wait and see if this is fun solo, as I no longer really have anyone to play with

Join the Blue's News Steam Community, then hit up us folks when you're looking for a game.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Movie
4. Re: Left 4 Dead Movie Nov 1, 2008, 17:17 Bucky

Multiplayer Co-op against zombies.

I've been sold ever since I heard that, and still am. Honestly, they could have charged more and I still would have bought it without hesitation. Now to go hone my aim while I wait for release day.

News Comments > The Million Witcher March
19. Re: YEA!!! Oct 30, 2008, 16:11 Bucky

Grab it off of Impulse (via Stardock). No DRM whatsoever, the handiness of an online client to download and keep updated, and no need for Impulse to be running to play The Witcher as it's completely seperate.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2008, 17:25 Bucky

I just installed the Comodo Suite (Free). Antivirus + Firewall. I'm of the camp that believes being careful is enough, but having just had my place set up with it's own dedicated cable modem (and not yet having a router) I needed some sort of firewall in between. So far, I like it. Then again, I only hung up with Comcast about 10 minutes ago, so my usage so far has been minimal.

Now the real test. I need to fire up TF2 and make sure it works--since for the last 3 months I couldn't play online for more than 10 minutes without my connection dropping (finally tracked it down to the VOIP setup that the landlord uses).

Edit: I can play online again! Woohoo! Party2
*Immediately pre-orders Left4Dead*

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2008, 19:00.

News Comments > Good Old Games Open Beta
32. Re: Good Old Games Open Beta Oct 23, 2008, 19:15 Bucky

Damnit. Now there's no reason for me to avoid the site since it's in open beta. I should just shred my credit card right now and pray I forget the numbers.

What's worse is System Shock 2 was released when I went on hiatus from PC gaming; by the time I came back it was already dated. I've never played it. Now I don't have much of an excuse. Edit: Didn't realize they don't have SS2. Good thing for me, I already had the card out. Shocked

Interesting side note: Of the games on my shelf (and not stuff in a box and tucked away) reside the original Freespace, Freespace: Silent Threat and Freespace 2. I still load 'em up and play through on occasion.
This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2008, 19:20.

News Comments > TF2 and Half-Life Updates
5. Re: TF2 and Half-Life Updates Oct 23, 2008, 16:00 Bucky

Even better, since I recently decided to play my way through the Half-Life saga again.

I forgot how awesome Half-Life is. It still holds up very well, even with the aging tech.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2008, 17:30 Bucky

So when you gonna get that t-shirt link back up and running?

+1

News Comments > Amazon Buys Reflexive
6. Re: Amazon Buys Reflexive Oct 22, 2008, 15:55 Bucky

I know them from Ricochet primarily, been playing their versions for a long time now. I actually just picked up Ricochet Infinity via Steam for $5, at that price it's a freakin' steal.

Edit: Whoa....a .sig divider! Gonna have to remove mine now.
This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2008, 15:56.

News Comments > UT3 Expansion Revealed
2. Re: UT3 Expansion Revealed Oct 20, 2008, 21:55 Bucky

I like UT3, and I hope this does in fact "grow the customer base", but it seems like an odd announcement for what I personally perceive as an unpopular FPS. I don't know though. I look forward to seeing what it is.

I couldn't have said it better.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2008, 16:27 Bucky

Well, short-handed play is different but I rarely get that far.

A good way to improve your small game play is to get a weekly game together with friends, and friends of friends (etc), and limit the game to 8-10 people. I've been playing weekly poker with friends for about a decade now and it's always a good time. We keep the buy-in small ($10) and usually only pay out to first place with second getting their money back.

It's a good time, the small buy-in keeps things friendly, and you get a lot of experience in both types of play (full table and small tables). I tend to do fairly well in organized tourneys, but I've never played in a field of thousands. I quit online poker years ago; I hate it with a passion.

I've gotta agree about that poker hand, too. It's not a 'bad beat' but it is ugly. I mean...wow. Watching it again is just painful.

News Comments > SotSE: Entrenchment Price Oopsie
2. Re: No subject Oct 19, 2008, 13:59 Bucky

Yes. They're planning two more micro-expansions (for 3 total) and will then release all 3 as a complete expansion for those that don't want to use the micro-payment model. I'd guess that the final price for the bundled three will be less than $30, but that'll come at the price of a wait.  

News Comments > Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Patches
4. Re: When where? Oct 15, 2008, 17:05 Bucky

Import it from GoGamer. That's who I picked up the original Sacred from. I still buy boxed games from them, although it's few and far between now.  

16. Re: post votes? Oct 15, 2008, 16:14 Bucky

I am not going to ban people capriciously, but if warranted, they will get their just deserts. The goal is to minimize the negative impact of former users like Nuclear Watchdog and Woody.

Party2

I'm going to have to fight the urge to commit random acts of smiley abuse now.

5. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2008, 15:55 Bucky

Frans is truly a force to be reckoned with... yesterday he implemented a whole new library of smilies for the forum, and today he added the ability to format posts using menu choices, rather than using codes.

All Hail Frans. Allthumbsup

13. Re: Logo Oct 10, 2008, 16:45 Bucky

I'm a D-Link guy too. I've had bad experiences with Linksys and abysmal experiences with Netgear. I'm currently running a DWA-552 D-Link adapter and I'm literally an hour away from setting up the DIR-655 router. Hell, I might just do it now. I've been running on b wireless sent from a shitty Netgear router for two months now, I finally broke down and offered to upgrade my landlords network just so I could play online again.

Edit: I don't know about the other manufacturers, but D-Link adapters use Atheros chipsets--Atheros recently made their code open source so Linux support should be excellent (I'm going to find out in the next day or two, currently burning Mandriva 2009 which should have the support in there)

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2008, 16:47.

25. Re: Enahs Oct 3, 2008, 16:07 Bucky

There might not be anything new there, but I can not get past that point as the game crashes there!!!

Enahs, aside from the fact that I'm running an overclocked E6600, your specs are identical to mine. I've played Mass Effect (Boxed copy) once through now, and it was rock solid for me the entire time.

I am using a Xonar DX for audio instead of onboard, that's the only difference I can think of that might be crash related.

Bucky, then just get the companion for the card you currently have (which its specs are nice, other then having extreme in the name):

Thanks, I'd been leaning that way, but wanted a little confirmation before I go out an plunk down the $100.

2326 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo