Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2329 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2008, 17:03 Bucky

For anyone that's never played Space Rangers 2, Stardock has a weekend sale running. Among the titles is Space Rangers 2 Complete for $3.99. With no DRM (at least, I'm pretty sure the DRM is stripped out).

http://www.impulsedriven.com/news/1166_Weekend_Impulse_Buys

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix
10. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 16:32 Bucky

Speaking of L4D anyone playing in the Blues group? I tried getting in a few nights back but its always filled up. Now I don't see the group any longer?

I played for a couple of hours last night. I finally tried out Versus, though I'm more partial to the normal campaign mode. Of course, my weapon preference has steadily changed, so my gameplay preference may change too.

I think my problem with Versus is the way it plays--if I want to play against people I prefer TF2.

News Comments > Linux Prey Workarounds
3. Re: Linux Prey Workarounds Dec 9, 2008, 16:07 Bucky

For gaming, I agree. For your average internet/email/word processing etc, I think Linux is actually better. Most distros I try have better hardware support and a more complete set of applications than Windows. I always make sure I have at least one live CD or bootable USB on hand for just that reason; should anything ever happen to my Windows install (or even my HDDs for that matter) I can be up in running via Linux in 5 minutes.

Give me gaming on Linux and I'd never touch Windows again. Unfortunately that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2008, 17:07 Bucky

That said, I wouldn't really consider axing the reviews sections, but I do wonder how popular or useable thinks like Metaverse and Legal Briefs truly are.

Those are some of the sections I read most carefully, usually because there's a hidden gem or two in there everyday. Heck, I picked up free Zonealarm Pro via those links recently--only to find out that Zonealarm sucks and doesn't support 64 bit. Annoyed

News Comments > The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Movie
3. Re: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Movie Dec 3, 2008, 16:32 Bucky

Agreed. The first one was a great SP game, and quite possibly the only movie tie-in game that I've ever enjoyed.

This game will probably be on the must-buy list, due to the first one.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2008, 00:47 Bucky

You never answered the question though. Does the system have a timer, or are you just looking for excuses to stay up late?!

IIRC Frans posted in a thread a day or two back that it could be (and was) automated so that Blue was not staying up until all sorts of unpleasant hours.

As for my input, as long as I have my daily update before I go to work (6:30 EST) I'm happy. The nightly update tends to get lost on me, since it goes up after I'm in bed--but that's alright, I've learned to scroll down a bit more during my morning read.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2008, 11:18 Bucky

I had that happen after installing the Forceware 180.48 drivers. Putting 178.24 back on cleared it up. There's a lot of posts about that on the Steam forums.

Odd. I'm running the 180.48 on Vista 64 with an 8800GT without any of those issues. Of course, now that I say that I'll have it happen. I should probably play a round or two to be sure.... Zombie

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2008, 06:04 Bucky

Happy Birthday, Blue. Party2  

News Comments > Half-Life Tenth Anniversary Sale
1. Re: Half-Life Tenth Anniversary Sale Nov 19, 2008, 17:26 Bucky

I still play through HL on occasion. I had started a fresh game a month ago, but go sidetracked by all the new releases. Still one of the best games ever, IMO.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 4U
77. Re: Left 4 Dead 4U Nov 18, 2008, 19:19 Bucky

Just played through the Mercy campaign on Expert....well, until the raping on the rooftop. Angel

Personally, I love this game. Love TF2 as well. Do I think L4D is worth $50? Hell yes...and so far I've only been playing pick-up games. Can't wait until I talk my friends into getting it.

As for the browser system; well, I'm starting to get used to it. I actually think it might be the better solution for a game like this (after a bit more work) but my knee-jerk reaction was to hate it.

News Comments > Gold - Left 4 Dead
8. Re: Gold - Left 4 Dead Nov 13, 2008, 21:20 Bucky

Can get pretty intense, but as long as you work as a team (cover, move, duck, get behind to reload, if you get thrown up on, get behind the other 3, etc) you can survive easily.

As long as someone doesn't flip the switch before we're all set. Evilgrin

News Comments > Gold - Left 4 Dead
3. Re: Gold - Left 4 Dead Nov 13, 2008, 20:33 Bucky

Can't get here soon enough--the demo has worn a bit thin and people aren't playing the game as it was meant to be played right now. Then again, I've put in 8 hours in a demo that takes all of 30 minutes (tops) to complete.

Gimme the game already!

There is nothing special about this game. Overrated AI, sub-par graphics, been-there-done-that feel, and weak story. If anyone else other than Valve makes this piece of shit, you all bash it.

Take a deep breath, and let it go. You've been so negative I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a zombie killed your puppy. Bigcry

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2008, 20:34.

News Comments > Elemental: War of Magic Q&A
3. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Q&A Nov 13, 2008, 16:14 Bucky

Technically Ironclad made Sins, though there seemed to be quite a bit of cross-team development.

I'm already drooling over this game.

News Comments > Wheel of Time Game Plans
9. Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans Nov 12, 2008, 16:14 Bucky

I think the universe RJ created is great and might end up a greater legacy than the WoT series. I'm still eagerly awaiting the final book, and it's been a long, LONG wait.

My biggest gripe with the whole WoT series is that the characters have always felt a bit too one-dimensional. I've always preferred authors that write the story around the characters, not the other way around. That said, I've enjoyed the series as a whole and am rather interested in a game based on the universe.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Split Screen Hack
27. Re: Left 4 Dead Split Screen Hack Nov 8, 2008, 10:09 Bucky

Playing this game on advanced wasn't that hard

I think part of that has to do with the fact that there's only 2 levels in the demo. Take note of your team's condition at the end of the second level--in most of my games on advanced the team is in rough shape. If you were to continue everyone would have to burn the health packs right at the start of the third level which would make things rather difficult later down the road. I believe that the difficulty will scale a lot better when you try to play through an entire location.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Split Screen Hack
19. Re: Left 4 Dead Split Screen Hack Nov 7, 2008, 22:25 Bucky

Gameplay>graphics  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Early Access Today
89. Re: Left 4 Dead Early Access Today Nov 6, 2008, 22:21 Bucky

Eh, just shows what it is like when a game is made for a console then the PC....

Na, it's only the UI that was made for a console. You'd think someone would have learned something from the steaming pile that is UT3s UI, but oh no, Valve decided to make the same Goddamn mistake.

God Damn You Valve. You made such a badass game and NOT A DAMN PERSON CAN PLAY IT. Fuck.

QFT.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2008, 22:22.

84. Re: Left 4 Dead Early Access Today Nov 6, 2008, 20:43 Bucky

Personally I'm a big Team Fortress 2 fan so I have to ask how it compares to that?

As am I. Unfortunately it's apples and oranges. I've been playing a lot of TF2 lately, and I can see this game taking over all my multiplayer time. It's Co-Op against Zombies. I get wood just saying that. Uhoh

Seriously though, they're very hard to compare. The gameplay is so different. I see a much stronger emphasis on teamwork and communication; on the flip side, you can't go off alone. You always need a teammate around to save your ass. I can't give a good comparison, you'll need to play the demo. Just don't set off the car alarm when you do.

81. Re: Left 4 Dead Early Access Today Nov 6, 2008, 20:00 Bucky

Ok, I take back my previous comments about this game not being a 10. I just played on a dedicated server with 3 other guys, working as a team and using voice (advanced difficulty)----pure awesome. The gameplay easily tops out any multiplayer interface woes.

God I love this game already. I've yet to see a pissed off Witch yet, though....

Edit: I should mention, at the end of those two levels we all finished alive. No one over 40% health, no medkits or pills left, and 3 guys were running on borrowed time.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2008, 20:01.

79. Re: Left 4 Dead Early Access Today Nov 6, 2008, 19:18 Bucky

It's funny, I can host the first level fine. After that, my computer chokes on itself. CPU gets pegged at 100% and I lag like crazy, though everyone else plays fine. No problems in SP. This is on a Core 2 Duo, E6600 overclocked to 3.0 GHz with 4GB RAM.  

2329 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo