Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2326 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Demigod Documentaries
7. Re: Demigod Documentaries Jun 2, 2009, 18:03 Bucky

They just tossed out the 1.01 patch today, too. I might have to fire up Demigod later.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Old Republic Trailer & Database
9. Re: The Old Republic Trailer & Database Jun 1, 2009, 21:22 Bucky

Who gives two shits about a non gameplay trailer?

*raises hand*

I'm just gonna set that trailer to loop and leave it running. I admit, that trailer just made my interest in the game jump way, way, WAY up.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer
15. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer May 29, 2009, 13:10 Bucky

Are there really that many people who are so insecure about their sexuality they won't even touch a game with a female only character? Well than they've missed several very good games over the years.

I actually prefer rolling female characters in RPGs. I figure if I'm going to spend a fair amount of time looking at a digitally rendered backside it might as well be female.

Anyone who went through that game more than once and DIDN'T roll a female missed out on some of the greatest dialog in the whole game.

I just finished reinstalling. I'm going to play down the male paragon path once, then female renegade. I need to do the good side of the game again since I've probably forgotten large portions and I want to see how things change.

On topic: video looks solid, but I'm sad to see the return of the typical forced cover system that every single console based shooter uses. It probably has regenerating health still as well. But the whole forced and artificial feel to the cover system in the last (big blocks of stone in the middle of a path, hallways having waist-high steel walls staggered through out the hallways, etc. I find those kinds of systems extremely boring. Give me a real time collision system ala Far Cry 2 any day of the week!

Agreed. As good as ME1 is there are design choices that were made to serve consoles and hurt the PC port. Then again, it was a well done PC port so I can't complain too much.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer
6. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer May 29, 2009, 11:00 Bucky

I only played ME through once, as a male Soldier taking the paragon path. I think it's time to reinstall and give it a few more passes now.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 23, 2009, 11:30 Bucky

It's hit-or-miss here. It'll load, but the load time right now is all over the place.  

News Comments > Demigod Demo & DLC Plans
9. Re: Demigod Demo & DLC Plans May 19, 2009, 14:38 Bucky

Regarding Demigod: Great game. It's a blast with a lot more strategic depth than is obvious at first glance. Connectivity works great for me now, though I'm having issues getting direct connect to work--though I believe that's due to my configuration. They've still got some things to clear up but it's pretty solid now.

Regarding AoC: I'm hopping back in come the weekend. I was one of the people who purchased at launch and didn't continue, so we'll see how things have fleshed out. Apparently I've still got 3 guest passes left too, if anyone wants 'em. Just drop me a line via the email attached to my forum account.

Edit: Stardock will be giving out a 50% off coupon for Demigod soon, to all those that have stuck with the game since launch. I have no flesh-and-blood friends that are gamers, so I'll need to give that away too....

This comment was edited on May 19, 2009, 14:39.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
5. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers May 19, 2009, 13:45 Bucky

I've have the same problem, and have in the past as well. I'm willing to bet it's because of one of the addons, maybe I'll play around with 'em a bit to see if I can figure it out.  

News Comments > New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed
2. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 11:47 Bucky

It's the reason I haven't. I'll pick them all up when they hit the retail disc.  

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns One
4. Re: Age of Conan Turns One May 18, 2009, 23:57 Bucky

I've actually been hearing a lot of good about AoC lately. I'm planning on getting back into it this weekend, possibly a bit sooner. It seems all the reason I left are no longer issues, and the game had one of the most impressive worlds and class systems I've seen. The combat was a blast too.

Damn, shouldn't have talked about it that much. Guess I'll reinstall tomorrow....

This comment was edited on May 18, 2009, 23:58.

News Comments > A Song of Ice and Fire Games
16. Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Games May 12, 2009, 23:52 Bucky

So does this mean Martin will have to get around to finishing the damn series? He'd better not pull a Robert Jordan...

QFT.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies May 6, 2009, 00:53 Bucky

Easily worth the $10. It was horking on my Xonar DX at first, but a system restart seems to have cleared everything up. Unusual, but no worries now.  

News Comments > Demigod Demo Plans
11. Re: No subject May 5, 2009, 10:03 Bucky

It's the multiplayer game with bots. That's all.

This is actually worse than it sounds, as with bots strategy doesn't really evolve. In the early days people were copying the AI strategy and trying to teleport out of a battle that was going badly--great in theory, except that a number of DGs have an interrupt that is far quicker than the 3 second teleport cast time. You don't see teleports being used in that manner anymore, the Wand of Speed has sort of taken over the "Oh shit, run away" role.

News Comments > On Demigod Sales & Piracy
29. Re: On Demigod Sales & Piracy May 1, 2009, 14:05 Bucky

But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to actually play on a LAN without activating the game on every machine.

I've never done it myself, but I believe what you need to do is archive an up-to-date version of Demigod via Impulse, then use Impulse on the other machines to install Demigod from the archive file.

Actually, a quick search yielded this thread, which looks helpful:
http://forums.demigodthegame.com/345651/page/2/#2147410

News Comments > Demigod Status Report
22. Re: Demigod Status Report Apr 29, 2009, 13:49 Bucky

Anyone can jump in and have a decent time, its like the counterstrike of strategy games.

You shut your filthy mouth and take that back right now! I know you mean it as a compliment, but the thought of the Demigod community becoming like CS....*shudder*

18. Re: Demigod Status Report Apr 29, 2009, 11:34 Bucky

Impulse is kinda clunky and useless, but I haven't opened it since installing SupCom in December. So I guess it evens out.

It got a decent upgrade in April in preparation for the Demigod launch. I consider it about even with Steam at this point, though each has areas where it is superior to the other.

13. Re: Demigod Status Report Apr 29, 2009, 09:33 Bucky

Multiplayer has worked pretty well for me since they got the overloaded servers taken care of a few days after launch. I can get into a skirmish match within a couple of minutes, though skirmish right now tends to set up 2v2 matches. Custom games of 3v3 usually work for me, though 4v4+ is hit-or-miss.

It's a great game marred by a bad launch. I'm not really worried about it since communication like this lets me know it's being worked on, and prior experience with Stardock makes me confident that everything will be addressed.

News Comments > Demigod Updates
9. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 25, 2009, 10:37 Bucky

Just so others know, it takes me about 2 minutes to get a game going.

Yeah, I just came out of a skirmish game that only took about 4 minutes to get going. I did notice one guy drop near the end of the game, but I don't know if that was a specific action on his part or a connection problem.

Favor points seem to be working for me correctly now. My game last night had 'em reset to 0, but this game had all of them (minus the previously purchased stuff). I didn't have much to begin with, so no big deal there.

News Comments > Demigod Updates
4. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 24, 2009, 23:43 Bucky

Another update for the MP actually just went up, literally about 30 minutes ago. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but then again, it was working just fine for me from the start (aside from the servers getting hammered on the first couple of days).

If you want to keep tabs on the Demigod updates, just peek inside the Journals sections on the Demigod forums. That's where all these updates go.

News Comments > Demigod Patch Plans
13. Re: Demigod Patch Plans Apr 22, 2009, 17:29 Bucky

The truth about this game is that even with it's current MP issues...it's worth $35. It just is. So many other games with no MP issues like this can't seem to come up with content like this that is worth the asking price.

And it's easily worth more once you get some MP time in. I've just started to get into the MP side and I keep peeling back layers of depth that I didn't know were there; I'd never seen Erebus played hit-and-run style until the other day. He gave me fits the whole match.

The truth about the game state isn't that it has had so many issues at launch, it's that Stardock is doing such a good job of communication. I'd recommend anyone thinking about this game pick it up and spend a week or so playing skirmish against the AI to learn the game. By the time you're ready the game will have probably seen another patch or two and be running great.

One tip for new players jumping into multi: Run. 'Tactical retreats' are critical, especially early game when a quick DG kill can net your enemy a lot of XP and Gold, not to mention putting you out of action for 30 seconds.

News Comments > Bankrupt ASCARON Still has Sacred 2 & 3 Plans
7. Re: Bankrupt ASCARON Still has Sacred 2 & 3 Plans Apr 19, 2009, 18:26 Bucky

Sad news, I own Sacred 1 & 2 and have enjoyed both immensely. Though I've never had any problem with Sacred 2 activations (Steam version) and I know I've activated it at least 4 times now.  

2326 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo