Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Tampa, FL 10/09
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2337 (Senior)
User ID 18104
User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Sacred 2 Patched
3. Re: Sacred 2 Patched Jul 21, 2009, 09:51 Bucky
This one recommended?

I've been almost hopelessly addicted to it for months now. The writing and voice acting are poor, the game doesn't shoot for immersion (certain lines from the classes will even reference the fact that it's a game) and it has some hardcore elements that may turn people off. Specifically, even playing in the softcore mode all your attribute and skill point allocations are a one-time thing--you can't get them back or unlearn them, ever, over the course of the 200 available character levels.

With that said, it's a blast. You can jump in, slaughter countless enemies (I hit the 10k dead mark at level 46 or so) and loot to your heart's content. The gameworld is also massive and the game looks pretty damn good. For those that hate the camera limitations those can be easily tweaked. There's also a hardcore mode; if you die, the character is gone for good.

Blowpipes are now able to hit mounted creatures.
It's about time. That was really starting to irritate me since my primary is a Dryad.
The heroes do not point out insufficient armor against the wrong damage types anymore.
That one has been there for so long that I actually stopped thinking of it as a bug.

Also, for anyone thinking of picking this up: I don't know who's responsible for it, but the patches for Sacred 2 tend to show up on the digital distribution channels later than for a standard install. I think the last patch took a week or more before Steam had it (I have the Steam version).
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 10, 2009, 18:59 Bucky
I watched that earlier when I hit up DQ. That clip is worth watching--several times.  
News Comments > New on GoG.Com
4. Re: New on GoG.Com Jul 9, 2009, 22:07 Bucky
Unfortunately, Evil Genius was way better in concept than execution. It felt like the whole time you were just waiting for stuff to happen. Waiting for your minions to be trained, waiting for this research to finish, waiting to get enough money to buy something... The traps were kind of cool, and it was kind of fun to string traps together and make some room of uber-death, but there wasn't enough actually happening in the game to really make it stick.

Agreed. I've still got the game disc around here somewhere, though I never felt it had enough merit to get a reinstall.
News Comments > Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced
15. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 16:36 Bucky
I'm down for starting up Titan Quest again if anyone else wants to.

I just grabbed the demo. I'm gonna try it in a few hours, if I like it I'll pick up Titan Quest Gold via Impulse. In other words, maybe.
News Comments > Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced
11. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 16:17 Bucky
I've been playing Sacred 2 quite a bit lately. It's a good game, but it was very obviously built around the hack-n-slash mechanic. The story and voice overs, even the death cries and character comments attest to it. It's a good game, just a bit more repetitive than most.  
News Comments > Impulse Sales
3. Re: Impulse Sales Jul 1, 2009, 16:45 Bucky
I'll probably jump on the Red Faction bundle (never played the earlier games) and Kings Bounty. Maybe Flock as well.  
News Comments > Firefox 3.5
21. Re: Firefox 3.5 Jun 30, 2009, 16:17 Bucky
I'd been browsing a lot with the Opera 10 Beta (or is it RC?) lately and had been thinking about giving Firefox up. Fortunately this release pulls it's speed out of the can and gets it close enough that I'll keep FF as the default browser. Opera still feels faster to me, but there are a few things that I don't like--enough so that I'll stick with the (now only slightly) slower Firefox.  
News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 16:30 Bucky
It's a shame Billy didn't get to see USA smacking Brazil 2-0 at half time in the Fifa cup. I thought I would never in my life time ever see the USA team beat the world ranked #1 team then go on to the final and lay down the goals on a team like Brazil. No matter what happens the rest of this game, I still can't believe it. I think I will be getting the next EA Fifa game.

USA owned the first half, but Brazil completely dominated the second half. The final score should have been 4-2 anyway; the shot that went off the crossbar was in. Still, the last week has been one helluva showing from the USA team.
News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 14, 2009, 15:48 Bucky
Hm, might be worth picking up another 4870 and going crossfire. I've already got the board and PSU for it, though I might be better off waiting to see how their upcoming card performs first.  
News Comments > Metaverse
3. Re: FF Speed Blast Jun 9, 2009, 05:59 Bucky
I've recently been playing with the Opera 10 Beta release, and it blows the doors off of FF 3.0.10. It probably not a fair comparison though, we'll wait until the 3.5 candidate lands before I make my browser pick.  
News Comments > Demigod Patched
4. Re: Demigod Patched Jun 2, 2009, 21:02 Bucky
They've mentioned that upload speed can really hurt larger games as it pushes a lot of data; they're finding that quite a few people with broadband connections have really poor upload speeds which really hurts in a p2p connection system. I think the stat that was thrown out was a 35% reduction in upload data. They also believe they've finally squashed all the annoying Demigod 'stuck' problems where a move command had to be issued before you could do anything else.

I'll probably give it a whirl tomorrow night to see how things have improved, and then get my ass handed to me online.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2009, 21:04.
News Comments > Demigod Documentaries
7. Re: Demigod Documentaries Jun 2, 2009, 18:03 Bucky
They just tossed out the 1.01 patch today, too. I might have to fire up Demigod later.  
News Comments > The Old Republic Trailer & Database
9. Re: The Old Republic Trailer & Database Jun 1, 2009, 21:22 Bucky
Who gives two shits about a non gameplay trailer?

*raises hand*

I'm just gonna set that trailer to loop and leave it running. I admit, that trailer just made my interest in the game jump way, way, WAY up.
News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer
15. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer May 29, 2009, 13:10 Bucky
Are there really that many people who are so insecure about their sexuality they won't even touch a game with a female only character? Well than they've missed several very good games over the years.

I actually prefer rolling female characters in RPGs. I figure if I'm going to spend a fair amount of time looking at a digitally rendered backside it might as well be female.

Anyone who went through that game more than once and DIDN'T roll a female missed out on some of the greatest dialog in the whole game.

I just finished reinstalling. I'm going to play down the male paragon path once, then female renegade. I need to do the good side of the game again since I've probably forgotten large portions and I want to see how things change.

On topic: video looks solid, but I'm sad to see the return of the typical forced cover system that every single console based shooter uses. It probably has regenerating health still as well. But the whole forced and artificial feel to the cover system in the last (big blocks of stone in the middle of a path, hallways having waist-high steel walls staggered through out the hallways, etc. I find those kinds of systems extremely boring. Give me a real time collision system ala Far Cry 2 any day of the week!

Agreed. As good as ME1 is there are design choices that were made to serve consoles and hurt the PC port. Then again, it was a well done PC port so I can't complain too much.
News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer
6. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer May 29, 2009, 11:00 Bucky
I only played ME through once, as a male Soldier taking the paragon path. I think it's time to reinstall and give it a few more passes now.  
News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 23, 2009, 11:30 Bucky
It's hit-or-miss here. It'll load, but the load time right now is all over the place.  
News Comments > Demigod Demo & DLC Plans
9. Re: Demigod Demo & DLC Plans May 19, 2009, 14:38 Bucky
Regarding Demigod: Great game. It's a blast with a lot more strategic depth than is obvious at first glance. Connectivity works great for me now, though I'm having issues getting direct connect to work--though I believe that's due to my configuration. They've still got some things to clear up but it's pretty solid now.

Regarding AoC: I'm hopping back in come the weekend. I was one of the people who purchased at launch and didn't continue, so we'll see how things have fleshed out. Apparently I've still got 3 guest passes left too, if anyone wants 'em. Just drop me a line via the email attached to my forum account.

Edit: Stardock will be giving out a 50% off coupon for Demigod soon, to all those that have stuck with the game since launch. I have no flesh-and-blood friends that are gamers, so I'll need to give that away too....

This comment was edited on May 19, 2009, 14:39.
News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
5. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers May 19, 2009, 13:45 Bucky
I've have the same problem, and have in the past as well. I'm willing to bet it's because of one of the addons, maybe I'll play around with 'em a bit to see if I can figure it out.  
News Comments > New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed
2. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 11:47 Bucky
It's the reason I haven't. I'll pick them all up when they hit the retail disc.  
News Comments > Age of Conan Turns One
4. Re: Age of Conan Turns One May 18, 2009, 23:57 Bucky
I've actually been hearing a lot of good about AoC lately. I'm planning on getting back into it this weekend, possibly a bit sooner. It seems all the reason I left are no longer issues, and the game had one of the most impressive worlds and class systems I've seen. The combat was a blast too.

Damn, shouldn't have talked about it that much. Guess I'll reinstall tomorrow....

This comment was edited on May 18, 2009, 23:58.
2337 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

Blue's News logo