Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2326 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Details
11. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Details Aug 10, 2009, 16:54 Bucky

I was a huge RO fan when it was a UT2004 mod, but I started to drift away as the vehicular stuff became more common. I'll still be keeping an eye on this though.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Sales
1. Re: More Sales Aug 6, 2009, 21:05 Bucky

Impulse has been running the same deal for Red Faction for awhile now, though 1 and 2 aren't yet available to play. I'm guessing it's because they won't charge for Guerrilla until it's released.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. G500 Aug 6, 2009, 16:57 Bucky

Logitech finally did what I've long wanted: stuffed the G9 tech into the G5 housing. I have both and prefer the G9 in every way except for the shape, which is a rather large problem--it's also why the G9 has been shelved for a long time. Looks like they moved the scroll wheel mode switch to the top (thank god) and shrunk the side buttons down a bit. I'll be all over this one the day of release.

Maybe I'll replace my original G15 too....it's started to get a little flaky on me. Dunno if I'll jump on another G-series keyboard though.

News Comments > Borderlands Interview
2. Re: Borderlands Interview Aug 5, 2009, 16:28 Bucky

For some reason this game slipped way under my radar--now that all the pre-launch hype is hitting full force I've finally noticed it. I'm actually quite interested and may pick it up on day one, but it probably helps that I don't have any issue at all with the art style.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2009, 17:44 Bucky

I like the less-consolidated format. A LOT. It's awesome work. Kudos Blue!

+1

News Comments > Sound Blaster Audigy Drivers
13. Re: Sound Blaster Audigy Drivers Jul 29, 2009, 18:07 Bucky

Bucky: Does it have hardware EAX support? No software emulation.

I'm almost positive it can do hardware EAX up to 2.0, and then software emulation a few more notches up. I could be wrong though, the ability to enable EAX might be provided by the software. To be honest I stopped paying attention once I switched over to Vista, and that was awhile ago.

News Comments > Sound Blaster Audigy Drivers
9. Re: Sound Blaster Audigy Drivers Jul 29, 2009, 15:33 Bucky

Friends don't let friends buy Creative!

QFT. I've been running an Asus Xonar DX for awhile now and I love it. Far better sound quality than the onboard solution and it's not made by Creative.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 Gets Serious Graphics
8. Re: Serious Sam 3 Gets Serious Graphics Jul 21, 2009, 13:23 Bucky

Serious Sam 2 was a serious misstep - how could Croteam screw the Serious Sam formula up so badly?

Consolitis.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 Gets Serious Graphics
4. Re: Serious Sam 3 Gets Serious Graphics Jul 21, 2009, 11:55 Bucky

As long as it plays like Serious Sam (Both parts) and not SS2 I'm happy. I can still remember the feeling the Serious Sam 2 demo gave me--it was not pleasant.  

News Comments > Sacred 2 Patched
3. Re: Sacred 2 Patched Jul 21, 2009, 09:51 Bucky

This one recommended?

I've been almost hopelessly addicted to it for months now. The writing and voice acting are poor, the game doesn't shoot for immersion (certain lines from the classes will even reference the fact that it's a game) and it has some hardcore elements that may turn people off. Specifically, even playing in the softcore mode all your attribute and skill point allocations are a one-time thing--you can't get them back or unlearn them, ever, over the course of the 200 available character levels.

With that said, it's a blast. You can jump in, slaughter countless enemies (I hit the 10k dead mark at level 46 or so) and loot to your heart's content. The gameworld is also massive and the game looks pretty damn good. For those that hate the camera limitations those can be easily tweaked. There's also a hardcore mode; if you die, the character is gone for good.

Blowpipes are now able to hit mounted creatures.
It's about time. That was really starting to irritate me since my primary is a Dryad.
The heroes do not point out insufficient armor against the wrong damage types anymore.
That one has been there for so long that I actually stopped thinking of it as a bug.

Also, for anyone thinking of picking this up: I don't know who's responsible for it, but the patches for Sacred 2 tend to show up on the digital distribution channels later than for a standard install. I think the last patch took a week or more before Steam had it (I have the Steam version).

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 10, 2009, 18:59 Bucky

I watched that earlier when I hit up DQ. That clip is worth watching--several times.  

News Comments > New on GoG.Com
4. Re: New on GoG.Com Jul 9, 2009, 22:07 Bucky

Unfortunately, Evil Genius was way better in concept than execution. It felt like the whole time you were just waiting for stuff to happen. Waiting for your minions to be trained, waiting for this research to finish, waiting to get enough money to buy something... The traps were kind of cool, and it was kind of fun to string traps together and make some room of uber-death, but there wasn't enough actually happening in the game to really make it stick.

Agreed. I've still got the game disc around here somewhere, though I never felt it had enough merit to get a reinstall.

News Comments > Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced
15. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 16:36 Bucky

I'm down for starting up Titan Quest again if anyone else wants to.

I just grabbed the demo. I'm gonna try it in a few hours, if I like it I'll pick up Titan Quest Gold via Impulse. In other words, maybe.

News Comments > Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced
11. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 16:17 Bucky

I've been playing Sacred 2 quite a bit lately. It's a good game, but it was very obviously built around the hack-n-slash mechanic. The story and voice overs, even the death cries and character comments attest to it. It's a good game, just a bit more repetitive than most.  

News Comments > Impulse Sales
3. Re: Impulse Sales Jul 1, 2009, 16:45 Bucky

I'll probably jump on the Red Faction bundle (never played the earlier games) and Kings Bounty. Maybe Flock as well.  

News Comments > Firefox 3.5
21. Re: Firefox 3.5 Jun 30, 2009, 16:17 Bucky

I'd been browsing a lot with the Opera 10 Beta (or is it RC?) lately and had been thinking about giving Firefox up. Fortunately this release pulls it's speed out of the can and gets it close enough that I'll keep FF as the default browser. Opera still feels faster to me, but there are a few things that I don't like--enough so that I'll stick with the (now only slightly) slower Firefox.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 16:30 Bucky

It's a shame Billy didn't get to see USA smacking Brazil 2-0 at half time in the Fifa cup. I thought I would never in my life time ever see the USA team beat the world ranked #1 team then go on to the final and lay down the goals on a team like Brazil. No matter what happens the rest of this game, I still can't believe it. I think I will be getting the next EA Fifa game.

USA owned the first half, but Brazil completely dominated the second half. The final score should have been 4-2 anyway; the shot that went off the crossbar was in. Still, the last week has been one helluva showing from the USA team.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 14, 2009, 15:48 Bucky

Hm, might be worth picking up another 4870 and going crossfire. I've already got the board and PSU for it, though I might be better off waiting to see how their upcoming card performs first.  

News Comments > Metaverse
3. Re: FF Speed Blast Jun 9, 2009, 05:59 Bucky

I've recently been playing with the Opera 10 Beta release, and it blows the doors off of FF 3.0.10. It probably not a fair comparison though, we'll wait until the 3.5 candidate lands before I make my browser pick.  

News Comments > Demigod Patched
4. Re: Demigod Patched Jun 2, 2009, 21:02 Bucky

They've mentioned that upload speed can really hurt larger games as it pushes a lot of data; they're finding that quite a few people with broadband connections have really poor upload speeds which really hurts in a p2p connection system. I think the stat that was thrown out was a 35% reduction in upload data. They also believe they've finally squashed all the annoying Demigod 'stuck' problems where a move command had to be issued before you could do anything else.

I'll probably give it a whirl tomorrow night to see how things have improved, and then get my ass handed to me online.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2009, 21:04.

2326 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo