Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2329 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 20, 2009, 18:52 Bucky

Well I'll be. This one slipped under my radar. Having checked out the preview and website it's already on the must-buy list, but given that I've already got so much pre-ordered I'll probably wait until it's released to pick it up.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2009, 18:52.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: The Giants In Blue... Oct 18, 2009, 21:16 Bucky

Let me tell you, after suffering through the Patriots loss to Denver last week, this was a nice change of pace. We're starting to get a bit thin in the running back department though, and I'm still not sold on Maroney--he dances a bit too much for my taste.

It's one of the few times I've actually felt bad for the other team though. I imagine it's going to be a very long two weeks for the Titans.

Edits: I shouldn't be allowed to speak or type right now.
This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2009, 21:18.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: Physical Media Oct 17, 2009, 20:27 Bucky

If you like Diablo, Diablo 2, Titan Quest, Sacred etc, Torchlight is definitely worth the look.

Yeah, I'm pretty much sold now.

Ya know, sometimes I hate the end-of-year push. I only picked up a few games on release day this year (far fewer than usual) and now, suddenly, my pre-order list is huge. And almost all of them getting released within a month of each other.

It's a good thing I'm single and get a two week Christmas vacation--I'm gonna spend all of it playing through the game backlog.

News Comments > Dragon Age Pre-Purchase [Updated]
96. Re: Dragon Age Pre-Purchase Oct 17, 2009, 05:45 Bucky

Is it really SURVERY-2009, or is it SURVEY-2009?

SURVEY-2009. Oops. Embarassed

90. Re: Dragon Age Pre-Purchase Oct 16, 2009, 22:06 Bucky

They do a general email survey every few months (maybe 1 or 2 a year). At the end is a generic code; I don't know if it's tied to the account or not. Try it: SURVERY-2009. It was good for 15% off, I believe.  

News Comments > PC Dragon Age Has Top-Down Camera
12. Re: PC Dragon Age Has Top-Down Camera Oct 16, 2009, 21:24 Bucky

Just another reason I'm happy I pre-ordered. The wait might kill me, though.  

86. Re: Dragon Age Pre-Purchase Oct 16, 2009, 19:12 Bucky

Oy, I only skimmed over the posts, so forgive me if it's already been said.

I picked up the DE from Impulse a day or two ago for $52, thanks to a Stardock coupon I had tucked away for just such an occasion. At the time Steam didn't have either edition available. I'm thinking I've gotten a damn good deal, though I am a bit of a bonus whore. Anyone who takes the time to fill out the Stardock surveys can probably get the same deal....

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 13, 2009, 21:45 Bucky

At lest keen to know what the steam price in US dollars is.

$20

I might have to pick it up at that price. Damn my gaming backlog is gonna be huge this winter.

News Comments > Dragon Age Character Creator & Social Network Launch
15. Re: Dragon Age Character Creator & Social Network Launch Oct 13, 2009, 19:18 Bucky

Pre-Ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from Impulse today. It gives me all the CE stuff I wanted along with the paid DLC, and I got it for $52 thanks to a Stardock coupon I had sitting around.  

News Comments > Pick Your Own World of Goo Price
13. Re: Pick Your Own World of Goo Price Oct 13, 2009, 16:03 Bucky

This game is worth $10 all day long, which I believe is what I picked it up for via Impulse awhile back. Great game, everyone should grab it. I would imagine the site is hammered right now, though.  

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Oct 13, 2009, 05:57 Bucky

As far as the TQ fanpatch goes, I see that the 1.17a patch is for digital downloaded versions. Should I install this in place of vanilla 1.17 or after 1.17? I can't find the answer in the readme's.

If I remember correctly the 1.17a patch was released in order to update the version listed by the digital game copies so that both hard copies and digital copies could play online together. In other words, you can install 1.17a on any copy without a problem. I'm not 100% sure of it, though. A little digging around might be in order.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 12, 2009, 21:43 Bucky

yes, then install the fan made patch.

I agree. Make sure you pick up Immortal Throne and start with that, it'll take you through the entire game then the expansion. The best place for TQ info is here:

http://www.titanquest.net/forums/

You'll find the fanpatch in it's own subsection.

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands
1. Re: Gold - Borderlands Oct 9, 2009, 17:04 Bucky

Just ordered through Steam. Good timing I guess.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Holiday season games... Oct 9, 2009, 16:29 Bucky

T-shirts? Mailbag? Na, those'll never happen.

Games on my list (PC only)
Left 4 Dead 2 (Pre-Order)
Borderlands (Pre-order)
Defense Grid: The Awakening (Today)
Dragon Age CE (Pre-Order, will get DLC day one)
Torchlight (maybe, wait for reviews)
I'm not going to list anything outside of a 2009 release date, and there are a few that I'll only grab if a great sale rolls around.

Still to Play
Braid
Kings Bounty: The Legend

Need to Finish
World of Goo
Obulis
Plants vs Zombies (well, I don't have everything yet)
Eets
Obviously, I love casual games. They also get played with that style in mind

Playing
Red Faction: Guerilla
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

I'll pick up a game here and there when they go on sale, but for the most part I didn't purchase anything all spring and summer. Now I'll overload myself and spend all winter working through the backlog (and yet I'll still buy on day one...) Until now there hasn't been much in the way of major releases this year that have really grabbed my attention

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2009, 16:31.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 8, 2009, 22:56 Bucky

Awesome game. I might like it even more than Plants vs Zombies.

That sells me. I love Plants vs Zombies. Thanks.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 8, 2009, 20:01 Bucky

Current Steam Cart:
Borderlands
Left 4 Dead 2
Defense Grid: The Awakening

I'm still working on justifying all of those at once, though it shouldn't be hard. I added Defense Grid mostly because of positive things said, of all places, on the Blue's Forums (*GASP!*). Should I leave it in there?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans
36. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans Oct 7, 2009, 22:00 Bucky

My initial reflex is to write a long, outraged post. I'm one of those old-school PC gamers who hasn't quite adjusted to the new economics. There are those that will say I shouldn't, but it's a simple choice really--do I want the game (and DLC) or not? Bioware has yet to let me down, so yeah, I'll be buying this on day one along with the DLC.

CrushBug, thanks for being active in here. Just do yourself a favor, only wander in for limited amounts of time. These forums can break the strongest and most resilient among us.

News Comments > Stardock/UPS Follow-up
16. Re: Stardock/UPS Follow-up Sep 28, 2009, 22:21 Bucky

Wow. People get this wound up over something this stupid--and it's video game news.

I'm not sure if I should be happy that people are actually getting engaged in things or appalled by the fact that they chose this moment to get out the torches and pitchforks.

Fortunately I'm a simple man. If Stardock keeps making games I like, I'll keep buying them.

News Comments > Stardock Boycotting UPS? [Updated]
30. Re: Stardock Boycotting UPS? Sep 28, 2009, 19:17 Bucky

Oy. Blue, can we get some clarification in the story since Brad has already posted about it?  

News Comments > Elemental Interview
5. Re: Elemental Interview Sep 23, 2009, 21:45 Bucky

why the fuck are you paying for a game that isnt supposed to be out until the middle of next year?

Ah, the eloquence. Stardock gives anyone who pre-orders access to the beta program, though this is usually only available for a small window of time during the development of the game. I believe they had mentioned opening it up again later on, though I haven't been keeping close tabs on the game.

2329 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo