Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2330 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer
27. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 30, 2012, 10:46 Bucky

Chromius wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 09:04:
I was excited about this when I saw the initial gameplay trailer, but after playing the Demo I found that like most games coming out these days, it has very nice graphics wrapped around an over simplified Xcom.

I honestly would prefer an updated UFO game that has some depth vs this, it is not an improved Xcom...........

RPS had a great post about the demo, the short version is that the demo, specifically, is bad because of how limited it is.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 15:37 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:08:
My major concern is that in the lastest Ars preview they state the game is maybe about 16 hours long and really doesn't seem to have any replay value. So no random maps, editor, etc. is making me go 'Hrmm' now. I think I may hold off for a little bit after launch for some more feedback.

I stopped relying on the Ars gaming reviews when Ben Kuchera left. He started the PA Report, I'd suggest his write-ups instead.

6. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 15:03 Bucky

They've already taken my money. Now they need to give me the game!

My first playthrough will be Normal Ironman. After that, Classic Ironman. I'm looking forward to the multiplayer, but I probably won't dive into it until after at least one full single player playthough.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 15:08 Bucky

I had fired up BL2 on launch day, felt a bit 'meh' about it, and hadn't looked at it since. I started playing it a bit again last night, and suddenly I'm hooked. I even find myself not caring at all about the checkpoint system because it just gives me another excuse to kill stuff and find loot.

I'm already in love with my turret. I really want to see what it can do with rocket launchers bolted on....

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client
25. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 14:56 Bucky

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 13:35:
Bucky wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 12:03:
Why not bring a few people along for the story quest?

I've tried. Nobody wants to play in another person's story, because they get zero XP. (well, they get a few xp from kills, but other than that, nada.) So it becomes a question of "Why would we?"...

Creston

I'm always willing to help, and I have all eight classes at various levels.

My Warrior is still my main at this point, but I've been thinking about giving the Elementalist another try. The Warrior is powerful, but kind of simple to play, IMO. Pets irritate me right now, and with 20 weapon skills to juggle and the lowest base HP in the game, it should prove challenging.

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 12:30 Bucky

Most of the Blue's News people are on Tarnished Coast, which is the US unofficial RP server as well. It's not required though, as the only thing that's server restricted is your ability to do WvW with guild members.  

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 12:03 Bucky

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 11:02:
I'm giving up on my Thief. Her personal story just becomes impossible to play at higher levels. I went to go help out the Skritt, and it's basically a small deathmatch level where you have to kill TWELVE Destroyers and a Destroyer Queen. All at once. After dying about five times, I finally managed to get them situated so that I could Scorpion Wire one out of the group and kill it, then rinse repeat.

Then I had to try the Queen about five more times, until finally I managed to kite her with the shortbow just well enough that she went down. Total time it took me for that battle was around an hour, and I had a nice 12 silver repair bill at the end of it. I won't even mention how well she did at the battle for Claw Island...

Order of Whispers my fucking ass. They should just call themselves the Red Vigil.

In the meantime, my Warrior just stands there at level 15 and tanks 2 lvl 17 Sons of Svanir and 2 lvl 16 icewolfs without breaking a fucking sweat.

Creston

Why not bring a few people along for the story quest?

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer
19. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 14:25 Bucky

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 14:20:
Bucky wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 14:03:
After watching some of TotalBiscuit's Twitch stream of him playing TL2, I'm thinking Borderlands 2 may end up waiting a few weeks.
The one he did some time ago? Or does he have a new one up?

This one. Done the 15th. Fair warning, it's all of Act 1, so there will probably be spoilers. I just skipped around to get a sense of the gameplay, and now I want to start with an Outlander.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer
16. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 14:03 Bucky

nin wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 13:48:
TL2 will have to wait

I'm kind of thinking the same thing...up to my ears at the moment.

After watching some of TotalBiscuit's Twitch stream of him playing TL2, I'm thinking Borderlands 2 may end up waiting a few weeks. That, or I need to get sick for a month.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light
32. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Sep 15, 2012, 15:14 Bucky

Beamer wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 14:25:
Holy crap this game is awesome.
And addicting.

Everyone needs to go buy this game, now!

It's brilliant.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved
5. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 21:39 Bucky

I typically see very little cheating when I play, and the ones that do are pretty obvious.

With that said, it's sometimes hard to sort out good players from cheaters. I can easily go 20-0 in a tank, because I understand that it's far more effective to use the vehicles to project force than it is to drive them onto a cap point.

Heck, my first round of Armored Kill last night I went 11-1, because there were a surprising number of players that apparently don't understand just how obvious your silhouette is when you're running along the peak of a ridge.

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light This Week
18. Re: Re:Indie Rant Sep 12, 2012, 17:12 Bucky

I had barely heard of this game, and gave even less attention to it. Then I read Tumbler's post. Now I'm wondering how I'm supposed to fit this in between Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2 (jesus, how many sequels am I playing?!), Battlefield 3, and probably a dozen other games I'm forgetting right now.

I need to get sick for a month.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 21:06 Bucky

McJammiepants wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 19:19:
Rea1One wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 19:09:
The Best BF3 DLC so far!!!

Agreed. I have played for only an hour and a half or so and already had a number of epic moments. That, and the maps are beautiful.

+1. Is it me or do you paradrop out of the gunship at a faster rate than normal? All I know is that the first time I did it I just barely pulled the chute in time.

News Comments > Age of Conan Update Plans
6. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 14:45 Bucky

MattyC wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 14:15:
^ Was burned by AoC. :*(

I have a CE rotting on a shelf.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 2, 2012, 16:01 Bucky

El Pit wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 15:25:
Guild Wars 2 Status Report: I'm enjoying it thoroughly. End of status report.

I can hardly even tear myself away from the game. I found a crazy Asuran jumping puzzle last night that is well and truly hidden, I still don't know how I even spotted it. The crazy thing is that this puzzle is elaborate, and I'm certain almost everyone runs right past the entrance without ever knowing it's there. I must have spent almost an hour there, and I was the only person there the entire time. That they'd put in that sort of effort, and then hide it, is just stunning.

After putting way too much time into every profession I finally settled on the Guardian. I had thought I was going to stick with the Warrior, but the Guardian definitely suits my play style more.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
60. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 14:13 Bucky

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 14:05:
Bucky wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 14:02:
Wait, what? Care to elaborate on that? Mostly because I have no idea what you're talking about when you say 'renown vendors'. I think I'm missing something important, now.

The little renown heart NPCs. I had no idea they turned into karma vendors when you finished their stuff. You can buy a lot of crafting stuff, items and etc from them. I have no idea how I went through all of beta and missed that, LOL.

I'd stopped checking merchants because my gear was always better, but the first Heart I check has armor that's all better than what I'm wearing. And it appears they might even have region specific looks to the karma items.

This is almost as bad as me beating Diablo 3 on Normal before realizing that the NPCs had conversation chains.

58. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 14:02 Bucky

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 13:44:
Just a funny aside but I kept wondering where all of the karma vendors were in beta. No one explained that the renown vendors turn into karma vendors when you've finished their events. I don't know how I missed that, whoops! I have like 2300 karma stockpiled already.

Wait, what? Care to elaborate on that? Mostly because I have no idea what you're talking about when you say 'renown vendors'. I think I'm missing something important, now.

Edit: Renown Haeart Why didn't anyone tell me this sooner?! I'm level 22 and haven't spent any karma!

*logs back in*

49. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 12:49 Bucky

28 hours played so far, most of it on my Charr Warrior. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of the game. I haven't touched any of the PvP yet, and crafting has been a nice diversion. Mostly I've been exploring, joining in on events, and jumping off of cliffs.

I'll say it again: dynamic leveling is fantastic. You won't outlevel an area, so you can always go back and play earlier zones while still getting a challenge, and rewards that fit your actual level. I strongly recommend exploring, there are lots of neat areas that you won't see on the map. They'll also put chests or other rewards in these out of the way areas, so it pays off.

My only gripe right now is the same as someone else mentioned: crafting components don't have any storage area, so it only pays to make them when you are going to use them.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 25, 2012, 18:27 Bucky

Quick thoughts, because I need to go back to playing:

The downleveling system is brilliant. You can run around a level 5 area at level 10, still get a challenge and get loot and XP appropriate for your level.

The artwork, environment, landscape, everything is this game is gorgeous. I've gotten killed more than once just wandering around appreciating the level of detail and polish that went into GW2. It's a work of art in it's own right.

Smoothest online launch I've ever been a part of. The trading is down right now and the servers are a bit laggy, but it's to be expected. It's still perfectly playable for me.

The combat really started to click for me around level 10, when you really have to start watching what your opponents are doing and paying attention to position.

The game is an explorers dream. Lots of hidden areas, vistas, points of interest, etc. I had a complete geek-out moment an hour ago when I was doing an event and suddenly realized that I recognized the landmark from the first game.

The personal story is interesting. I'm enjoying it, and the choices that I get to make. I hadn't expected to care much about the storyline, but now I find myself looking forward to the next part.

PC Gaming > Guild Wars 2 Guild
22. No subject Aug 25, 2012, 03:23 Bucky

Server: Sanctum of Rall
Charr Warrior - Trake Einar

Played for 3 hours straight. Need to sleep. Having too much fun to even remember to blink.

I really like the that the Hall of Monuments rewards will just reskin your existing gear instead of replacing it.

I'm going to lose so much time to this game.

2330 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo