Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2327 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2009, 10:07 Bucky

Droid as in Motorola. Great phone. Now to return my case.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 17:50 Bucky

Posting from my Droid.

Playing with mine now. Don't buy any of the hard cases, they suck. The one I picked up locks underneath the slider, but sticks out too far. As a result every time you move the slider it hits a whole bunch of keys and doesn't operate smoothly. I'll be returning that tomorrow.

The first thing I did when I went to the Verizon Wireless store was pick up a Droid and load Blue's News. I then turned around and said "I want one."

News Comments > Digital Dragon Age Woes
2. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 4, 2009, 17:00 Bucky

I picked up the DDE via Impulse. No DLC stuff atm, though I can play the game just fine. I'm not worried about it though; I have faith that Stardock will get everything sorted.

As for forcing EA.com and Bioware Social Network account creation: that really fucking pisses me off. From EA, I expect this. But from Bioware? I pre-purchased DA:O because of the goodwill they've built up with me, and while the game may be good (I've yet to spend any real time with it) I'll be damned if I'm gonna preorder another game they make.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 1, 2009, 14:14 Bucky

For $20 there isn't a single RPG* fan anywhere that should pass up Torchlight. I'd also strongly recommend Borderlands; both games are great.

*I use RPG in the context of game genre. Just so we don't keep beating that dead horse.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2009, 14:11 Bucky

The evil Flash pop-up is the only reason I have Blues ads blocked. If that's gone, I'll unblock this site immediately.

Agreed. I've already put Blue's back on my whitelist. Thank you, blue, for taking care of your readers. It's why Blue's is still my homepage after so many years.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2009, 16:34 Bucky

I've been splitting my time between Borderlands and Torchlight. The problem is I usually end the night with Torchlight, and I end up in the same situation as Blue. Getting up in the morning is starting to become difficult.

It's worth $20 easily. I understand it's supposed to be easy to modify, so hopefully a good community will spring up around Torchlight.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Preorder Demo
4. Re: L4D2 Preorder Demo Oct 28, 2009, 22:35 Bucky

"This game is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

I got that with the Borderlands pre-load, and the L4D2 Demo preload. Both times it was well after the unlock point. A quick restart of Steam fixed it both times.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Preorder Demo
2. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Preorder Demo Oct 28, 2009, 21:37 Bucky

Ugh. My gaming pool went from nothing much (except for older games) to Borderlands, Torchlight, L4D2 Demo and soon to be released Dragon Age and Left 4 Dead 2. I'm gonna have to quit my job to play everything, but then I can't afford the addiction hobby.

Played one quick match, so far I like it. Everything just seems better than L4D, and the melee stuff is actually pretty fun (and useful!) I might never get over the experience of decapitating a zombie with a guitar.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 28, 2009, 21:28 Bucky

I've really been looking to the Motorola Sholes Droid and had planned on picking it up day one. Problem is, Android is preventing apps from being installed on the SD card (microSD, to be exact) and the phone only has 512MB on it (256 reserved for the system).

*sigh*. As much as I hate Apple I probably would have picked up an iPhone long ago if it wasn't for that fact that it's locked to AT&T. Ah well, I'll still probably get the Droid. It'll even double as a GPS now.

News Comments > Torchlight and Torchlight Demo Released
38. Re: Torchlight and Torchlight Demo Released Oct 27, 2009, 22:18 Bucky

Borderlands is busy sucking away all of my gaming time, but after an hour or so of playing I can already highly recommend this game. I never did pick up Fate, but I'm having a blast with this so far. For $20, you can't go wrong.  

News Comments > Impulse Top 10
10. Re: Impulse Top 10 Oct 27, 2009, 16:03 Bucky

I see Dragons Age is $5 more on Impulse than on Steam. Also strange that Dragons Age didnt even crack the top 10.

I actually picked up the Digital Deluxe Edition from Impulse for $53 thanks to a coupon from Stardock. Most Stardock coupons (for filling out surveys, etc) can be applied to anything they sell via the service, which is nice.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2009, 16:23 Bucky

That's clearly the best thing xkcd has ever done.

Ah, the memories. I'm just not sure if the memories are good, or bad. Confused

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Oct 23, 2009, 05:52 Bucky

I have a decent card that plays current games acceptably on high settings. But even with the graphics turned down, RFG freezes at times (and sometimes it remains frozen until a reboot). I think it's just poor optimization. Apparently a lot of people are having issues with it, but they may just be ATI users like me.

I've noticed minor stuttering with my 4870, but hadn't worried about it too much. I'm curious to see if performance will change any with the new OS, though I doubt it will.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 22, 2009, 20:23 Bucky

$20 for Red Faction: Guerilla?! Stunned

Damn. That's a helluva buy.

News Comments > New ATI Reference Drivers
7. Re: New ATI Reference Drivers Oct 22, 2009, 19:05 Bucky

Heh, I checked the thread at the same time that it worked. I'm wondering if it was failing because I didn't have Java installed at the time (I'm busy doing a Win7 install right now). Thanks though.  

News Comments > New ATI Reference Drivers
5. Re: New ATI Reference Drivers Oct 22, 2009, 18:20 Bucky

Bah. The driver page keeps giving me an error (in both FF and IE) when I try to get the 4800 series driver for Win7 64. Anyone got a direct link?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 22, 2009, 17:49 Bucky

I hope that the upgrade can be installed without having to go through a bunch of BS that everyone has been speculating about. I guess we'll find out soon.

Just installed 7 Home Premium 64 upgrade. Did a clean install, was running Vista Home Premium 64. No problems so far, but at the moment all I've done is get it running, install Firefox, install Norton, and come here. I don't even have most of my drivers installed yet.

That reminds me, I've gotta go nuke the windows.old folder.

News Comments > Cliffski Interview
1. Re: Cliffski Interview Oct 21, 2009, 20:19 Bucky

GSB made my radar a couple of days ago, and is already on my must-buy list. I realize I can get into the beta if I pre-order, but seeing as how I've got a number of games on pre-order that all get released in the next month I think I'll wait for GSB to hit final before I buy.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 20, 2009, 18:52 Bucky

Well I'll be. This one slipped under my radar. Having checked out the preview and website it's already on the must-buy list, but given that I've already got so much pre-ordered I'll probably wait until it's released to pick it up.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2009, 18:52.

9. Re: The Giants In Blue... Oct 18, 2009, 21:16 Bucky

Let me tell you, after suffering through the Patriots loss to Denver last week, this was a nice change of pace. We're starting to get a bit thin in the running back department though, and I'm still not sold on Maroney--he dances a bit too much for my taste.

It's one of the few times I've actually felt bad for the other team though. I imagine it's going to be a very long two weeks for the Titans.

Edits: I shouldn't be allowed to speak or type right now.
This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2009, 21:18.

2327 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo