Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2329 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Global Agenda Launch Schedule
2. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 26, 2010, 21:37 Bucky

I remember being interested in this game when it was first announced, but it seems to have fallen off of my radar since then. Now it's about to be released. I guess I'll have to dig around for opinions on it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
6. Re: Steam Top Sellers Jan 25, 2010, 21:47 Bucky

Sepharo wrote on Jan 25, 2010, 21:20:
I'm not getting it until I hear some good Blue's poster reviews but I'm definitely considering it.

Skipping MW2 has really left me itching for a new PCMPFPS.

Me too. It's even worse now that I've just come back from a friends house where I played MW2 for a couple of hours. It was the first time I'd ever used the PS3, and I've gotta say I still hate console controllers for shooters.

If they add dedicated servers, I'll buy MW2. If not, no sale. *sigh*

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 25, 2010, 21:44 Bucky

And with that, Chrome becomes my default browser. I just intend to never, ever think about just how much Google knows about me.  

General Discussion > Site suggestions
42. No subject Jan 11, 2010, 22:01 Bucky

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 11, 2010, 15:38:
Uhm, these are forums -- can you explain what you mean by "were to add forums"?
Sorry, just saw it linked to at the bottom of the Popular Threads column and didn't pay attention to the separator. I just meant conventional forums rather than like the comments section; like one of the traditional pre-fab types like vBulletin - something that could be added as a separate entity. These forums just don't really strike me as being like... forums.

It's also not really worth putting the effort in if a new and improved forum system doesn't see any usage. I see this as a way of testing the waters, and so far it's proven to be very quiet.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: IGN - Why PC? Jan 9, 2010, 21:10 Bucky

LightAssassin wrote on Jan 9, 2010, 16:58:
Where are people having issues? I personally don't get many, sometimes games are buggy, but that's a fault of the developer/hardware vendor usually (ie patch fixes it, or driver update) which is generally automatic these days.

I can remember the days of beating my head against a wall to make a game work right (or at all), but I've rarely had an issue in the last few years of gaming. As for the rare issue I do have, well, I simply consider that the price I pay for playing on a superior platform.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: RA3 Jan 2, 2010, 17:53 Bucky

It looks like I'll be picking up RA3 then. I've always been a fan of the series.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2010, 14:11 Bucky

I'm tempted to buy Red Alert 3. Any recommendations for or against?  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2010, 13:57 Bucky

Xenopulse wrote on Jan 1, 2010, 13:51:
I know many people who've been waiting for ME for $5, so I'm sure they're selling a crazy number of copies right now.

Hell, I'm tempted to pick it up at that price and I have a boxed copy.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2010, 13:56 Bucky

Nameless wrote on Jan 1, 2010, 13:18:
I think Steam is finally cracking under the strain. Tried to buy Mass Effect for $5 and I'm just sitting here looking at a "Working...." button. Steam has broke before under launches, but never bad enough where they still couldn't take my money...

*update: They charged my account, so I'm sure they're just being hammered. Oh well, back to more CivIV

That happened to me yesterday when I picked up the Crysis pack about 30 minutes after it went on sale. I ended up getting a credit card declined notice (after about 10 minutes). I just waited an hour, tried it again and all was well.

News Comments > MechWarrior: Living Legends Beta Hotfix
1. Re: MechWarrior: Living Legends Beta Hotfix Jan 1, 2010, 12:41 Bucky

I'm going to have to check this out, since I just picked up Crysis during the Holiday sale.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 28, 2009, 12:11 Bucky

EricTheMad wrote on Dec 28, 2009, 11:19:
The Steam front page currently has the top twenty listed, and it does seem to be updating more often. I don't think it's broken, I think they just increased the refresh rate on the list because of the holiday sales.

Most likely. That Top 20 has been all over the place, depending on the days sales. Shame the last few days haven't had anything I'm interested in.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 22:56 Bucky

Narf2029 wrote on Dec 26, 2009, 20:42:
God damn, I just got Torchlight the other day for $10 from Steam. That's not cool, but at least I'm only getting screwed out of $5 and not $25 or some shit.

I bought it for $20 and it's been worth every penny. Paying anything less is a steal, no doubt about it. It's also nice to finally see digital distribution paying off in terms of game cost; while it may not have improved initial retail price it's certainly helped over the long term.

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 13:19 Bucky

Tumbler wrote on Dec 26, 2009, 12:46:
New stuff up, $4.99 for torchlight...doh, already bought it at $10...

Lumines Base + Advanced pack -2.99
Dragon age origins - 37.49
Dragon Age origins deluxe - 48.74
Star Wars premier pack - 24.99
Universe at war: Earth Assault $4.99
Torchlight - $4.99
Prototype - $19.99

Meh, torchlight is a good deal...

For $5, everyone should own Torchlight.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2009, 20:35 Bucky

Defense Grid: The Awakening for $2.50 on Steam. Worth every penny.

Edit: Oh god, I need to stop looking through the Steam sales. I'm gonna be all set on the gaming front for years if I don't...
Edit 2: Look carefully through the sales, there's a lot there not mentioned on the main page. Dark Athena for less than $7.... (I paid $10 during the last sale)

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2009, 21:05.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2009, 15:03 Bucky

Seemed odd for northeasterners who should be used to the snow.

It happens every single snowstorm. I honestly can't figure out why; these people have lived here all their lives. You'd think 6 inches of snow was the opening salvo of the apocalypse. Boggles the mind.

News Comments > Steam Torchlight Patched
10. Re: Steam Torchlight Patched Dec 18, 2009, 22:27 Bucky

Ok you got me, I bought it. I tried the demo and thought I could pass my turn on this one. The main fact is time, I already have plenty of other things to do and I already spend enough time on the computer (ask my gf) but for the price I said why not, even if I could only play 30 minutes a week it should be cool.

One of the best things about Torchlight is that it's very friendly when it comes to short gaming sessions; it's very easy to jump in and out without having to put any serious time down. I find myself frequently loading it up for 15 minutes or so before I go to work.

News Comments > Steam Torchlight Patched
5. Re: Steam Torchlight Patched Dec 18, 2009, 19:59 Bucky

Steamcloud and achievements are a HUGE update! This game is an absolute steal at $10. RIDICULOUS value.

Agreed. Anyone that doesn't own this game had better after this sale. At that price I'll probably gift a few copies.

General Discussion > Site suggestions
28. Re: Post display Dec 17, 2009, 21:09 Bucky

So I've put this on my to-investigate list, but don't know if and when it'll ever get done.

Well you never said you wanted practical suggestions.

News Comments > TF2 Soldier Wins: Update Live, Free Weekend Begins
2. Re: TF2 Soldier Wins: Update Live, Free Weekend Begins Dec 17, 2009, 21:06 Bucky

Sweet. Definitely time to check back into TF2, since my favorite class has finally gotten it's update.  

News Comments > No Shattered Horizon Engine Licensing
1. Re: No Shattered Horizon Engine Licensing Dec 14, 2009, 20:43 Bucky

I just noticed this game when visiting Ars today. It seems right up my alley; I've always enjoyed the type of gameplay they seem to have focused on. I'd have bought it already but it seems the active player base is almost absurdly small:

http://stats.shatteredhorizon.com/stats/listPlayers.action

It seems the devs are in constant communication with the community too, so there's another good thing going for it. I really think all they need is more players, perhaps a 50% off sale when the drop their first map pack?

I'd love a guest pass if anyone has one.

2329 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo