Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2326 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix
20. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 16:32 Bucky

I've been having the ping problem, even running as Admin in Win 7 64. I just did the PB update, so we'll see how much things have smoothed out when I log in later tonight.

This game really is a blast, though. The problems may set off the occasional bout of nerd rage, but I'm willing to deal with it in order to play. I'll be rather grumpy if things haven't settled down somewhat by this weekend, though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming
32. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming Mar 3, 2010, 19:43 Bucky

Well, this update obviously hasn't made it very far. After half an hour of attempting to get into a game, I've given up. Been kicked out of every one I've managed to get into. And that was after 5 minutes of attempting to get my login to go through. The servers are all obviously getting hammered right now.

Guess I'll just try again later.

22. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 16:52 Bucky

Ant wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 16:48:
Question: What is hard core (HC)? Is that level difficulty in single player or something?

Across a few different games, such as Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 it's server settings that alter how multiplayer plays. Things are typically adjusted for greater realism, IE: no crosshairs, higher bullet damage, limited to no HUD (no minimap, no heads up waypoints or ammo counts), FF ON, etc. It creates a distinctly different feel. I personally enjoy both modes, so it's all good.

Edit: Wow, the quote system broke big-time. The only tag I can see in use is the /quote tag and it looks fine. All the other formatting stuff is.....odd.
Edit 2: Fixed. Make sure there's a space between the time stamp and the quoted text.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2010, 16:58.

21. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming Mar 3, 2010, 16:49 Bucky

Loving this game to death.

I hit the kick bug a few times last night and was beginning to wonder about that. Glad they're on top of it.

Regarding kits: yeah, the basic stuff isn't unlocked at the start. It was a few minutes before I figured it out, and then a few more before I realized that I hadn't entered the code for the LE unlocks.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ships, Day One Patch Released
37. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ships, Day One Patch Released Mar 2, 2010, 19:30 Bucky

If only the server browser would show pings. All I get is a -. *sigh* Still, having a blast and it's my first time into the Battlefield series.

Now to keep playing so I can unlock the damn medkit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2010, 16:59 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 1, 2010, 10:39:
/edit: Its been a while since i was excited abuot a game (maybe GTA4?) but I am pretty excited about Bad Company 2 tomorrow. Have some friends that are playing a "copy" of the game who also hvae their pre-order int he que, and they flat out say, this is the game you need. The new sliced bread I guess. Sounds like performance and hitboxes were worked over pretty good.

Tomorrow can't come quick enough. Just wonder what the Steam time release will be.

I keep checking to see if I can preload it yet. I didn't play the beta and I've never played any of the Battlefield games but the word of mouth got me. Now I just want to play.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details
28. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 20:48 Bucky

Probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway: is the VIP code included with the Steam version? I'm assuming so, but I'd like to know for sure.  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer
7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer Feb 25, 2010, 20:23 Bucky

In my search for Bad Company 2 info, I noticed that Ars Technica just tossed up a blurb regarding BC2 vs MW2. I also found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14

I'm pretty much sold. This game seems to suit my playstyle so much better than MW2.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer
1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer Feb 25, 2010, 18:15 Bucky

Can anyone that was in on the beta provide feedback on the game? I recently got in Modern Warfare 2 and have developed the same love/hate relationship with it that I had with CoD4. I'd like to kick the game to the curb altogether, but I need a replacement first.  

News Comments > New Steam Beta
9. Re: New Steam Beta Feb 23, 2010, 21:02 Bucky

Just poking around a bit, and I've gotta say I really like the update so far. Steam has been in desperate need of it for awhile now in my opinion. Sure, I've gotta pull down about 13 gigs of data again, but that's no biggie. I needed a break from MW2 anyway.  

News Comments > New Steam Beta
6. Re: New Steam Beta Feb 23, 2010, 20:52 Bucky

Just updated. My installed list is currently 38 games deep. Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor both started updating, CoD:MW2 seems to be re-downloading from scratch.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Patch
16. Re: Mass Effect 2 Patch Feb 22, 2010, 19:31 Bucky

Hump wrote on Feb 22, 2010, 17:37:
Probably one of the slickest, best produced games I've played in recent memory.

The art direction, attention to detail, writing, voice acting....everything is so beyond what most other dev studios are capable of nowadays that it'll be hard to go back to other games that I have on deck.

Agreed. After I get through my gaming backlog (damn Steam holiday sales...) I'll go back and take ForgedReality's advice. I played through ME1 as a Vanguard taking the Paragon path and I'm doing the same thing through ME2. I might start fresh from ME1 and take the Renegade path as a Sentinel through both games.

I suppose that's my high mark for a game; when I'm already thinking about the next play through before I've finished the first one.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Patch
2. Re: Mass Effect 2 Patch Feb 22, 2010, 16:43 Bucky

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2010, 16:25:
One month after release, and no fix for the "get stuck in the air" bug... Grrr.

Creston

That one only hit me during the side mission with the transport thats ready to fall off of the cliff. Unfortunately, it repeated frequently. I had to restart at least a dozen times before I completed it. Other than that the game has been rock solid for me, and I'm loving it. I'm still working my way through, slowly.

News Comments > Wheel of Time Rolls to Obsidian
12. Re: Wheel of Time Rolls to Obsidian Feb 12, 2010, 18:56 Bucky

I've always felt the WoT universe was vastly superior to the books themselves. I've never played anything using RJ's IP; It'll be interesting to see what can be done with it.  

News Comments > Worms 2: Armageddon Coming to Steam
3. Re: Worms 2: Armageddon Coming to Steam Feb 9, 2010, 18:34 Bucky

I think I was one of the few people that really enjoyed the 3D incarnations of Worms. Worms 4: Mayhem in particular was a blast--I used to play it quite a bit online.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 MP Details: No LAN or Dedicated Servers
2. Re: BioShock 2 MP Details: No LAN or Dedicated Servers Jan 27, 2010, 18:29 Bucky

Someone get me a pitchfork.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jan 27, 2010, 06:16 Bucky

I remember playing the demo for this ages ago. I loved it, but somehow never picked the game up. Glad I can finally change that.  

News Comments > Global Agenda Launch Schedule
2. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 26, 2010, 21:37 Bucky

I remember being interested in this game when it was first announced, but it seems to have fallen off of my radar since then. Now it's about to be released. I guess I'll have to dig around for opinions on it.  

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
6. Re: Steam Top Sellers Jan 25, 2010, 21:47 Bucky

Sepharo wrote on Jan 25, 2010, 21:20:
I'm not getting it until I hear some good Blue's poster reviews but I'm definitely considering it.

Skipping MW2 has really left me itching for a new PCMPFPS.

Me too. It's even worse now that I've just come back from a friends house where I played MW2 for a couple of hours. It was the first time I'd ever used the PS3, and I've gotta say I still hate console controllers for shooters.

If they add dedicated servers, I'll buy MW2. If not, no sale. *sigh*

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 25, 2010, 21:44 Bucky

And with that, Chrome becomes my default browser. I just intend to never, ever think about just how much Google knows about me.  

2326 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo