Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2327 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: Impulse sales... Jun 18, 2010, 19:46 Bucky

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 18, 2010, 19:36:
Why would anyone buy from Impulse with restrictions at every corner when stuff on Steam has no such restrictions? Instead of splitting your library over 2 services, you might as well wait for the next THQ Ultimate bundle sale on Steam and get all games proper.

One problem with that statement is that Steam is required to run any game purchased through the system; Impulse is only needed when you wish to download or update the game.

I use both services depending on the price of a given game at any time. I'm not picky.

Edit: Tag fix

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Command & Conquer Sale
3. Re: Command & Conquer Sale Jun 16, 2010, 20:26 Bucky

Agreed. I credit the original C&C with making me a PC gamer, and while I really want to finish the series I just haven't heard enough good about them to justify them, even at the sale price.

No rush though, there's always the Christmas/New Years sale.

News Comments > Elemental: War of Magic in August
4. Re: Elemental: War of Magic in August Jun 4, 2010, 04:53 Bucky

Frijoles wrote on Jun 3, 2010, 23:08:
Looking forward to this. Trying to avoid the beta so I don't end up in a buggy game and hating it. I may cave in though. Anyone know if the fancy graphics have been turned on yet?

Keep in mind that Stardock typically uses their Beta tests in the traditional manner; they actually use them to test the game instead of using them as an early demo. Things can change significantly during beta testing. This is why, even though I want to play this badly, I'm waiting for release.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Patch Plans
17. Re: Bad Company 2 Patch Plans May 7, 2010, 17:06 Bucky

Crouch toggle--WOOHOO!

It took them way too long for that one, though.

General Discussion > *crickets*
2. Re: *crickets* May 6, 2010, 18:22 Bucky

*whistles*  

News Comments > Civilization V and Steamworks
31. Re: Civilization V and Steamworks May 6, 2010, 17:30 Bucky

I currently own 78 games though Steam, with the vast majority being picked up thanks to their sales. Personally I love digital distribution (be it Steam, Impulse, etc). No hassle installation and updates, integration with friend lists, DRM I don't mind and phenomenal sales. And oh yes, it's also a practical path for indie game distribution. I've been a PC gamer for the last 20 years and the last few have probably been some of the best for me. It's always interesting to see how gaming evolves.

More on topic, the entire CivIV bundle for $10 is an instant buy for me. I have the the CivIV discs around here somewhere (You know, the ones that were labeled incorrectly and made installation a guessing game) but I'll just pick it all up through Steam.

News Comments > Shattered Horizon: Firepower Released
13. Re: Shattered Horizon: Firepower Released May 5, 2010, 19:33 Bucky

I picked this up for $5 during the New Years Steam sale. Now that it's fleshed out a bit I'll fire it up this weekend. Plain Sight got me interested in Zero-G stuff again.

It'll be interesting to see what the learning curve is like.

News Comments > ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 an MMORPG
9. Re: ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 an MMORPG Apr 27, 2010, 20:16 Bucky

Guild Wars sucked large portions of my life away.

I can't wait for GW2.

Edit: Read the link. I'm not gonna be able to handle the wait.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2010, 20:33.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday
3. Re: Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday Apr 19, 2010, 14:33 Bucky

I'd gotten out of BC2 for a few weeks; it looks like I'll be pulled back in again once this goes live.

And yes, even though Medic is my favorite class I'll still be glad to see the M60 nerfed.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Apr 19, 2010, 13:11 Bucky

PropheT wrote on Apr 19, 2010, 12:27:
It's all pretty simple to me.

If a painting, story, film, dance, or theater involve you on an emotional level and make you feel something by taking them in...they're art. That's what makes them art; the ability to invoke an emotion in the viewer is the entire point of art.

It's as ridiculous to think that no game (or film, etc.) does this as it is to proclaim that all games do.

Well said.

News Comments > Guild Wars 5th Anniversary Event
5. Re: Guild Wars 5th Anniversary Event Apr 16, 2010, 19:48 Bucky

nin wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 13:54:
Did they ever get an auction house????????

Not that I know of.

The weird thing is that Guild Wars is the only MMO-like game that's ever held my attention for any length of time; I've never been able to get into true MMOs and I've tried. *shrug*

That's bound to change with either The Old Republic or GW2. Maybe both.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 16, 2010, 05:19 Bucky

Prez wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 01:07:
Force Unleashed for $15. Worth it?

I second that question. I'm a sucker for most things with lightsabers, but I don't recall hearing many good things about the game.

News Comments > Plain Sight and Steam Client Patched
1. Plain Sight Apr 16, 2010, 04:53 Bucky

I'm still having a blast playing Plain Sight. It's the best $10 I've spent on gaming in awhile, and we're already getting more content.

I just hope they'll balance the perks a little bit since there are a few that just don't seem to be worth the points.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 12, 2010, 21:02 Bucky

It's good to see Opera doing well. It's become my primary browser again, which wasn't an easy thing to do.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Announced
14. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 18:55 Bucky

People Can Fly made Painkiller.

Where do I pre-order?

News Comments > Steam Top-Sellers
1. Re: Steam Top-Sellers Apr 11, 2010, 15:10 Bucky

I'll wait for Just Cause 2 to go on sale--I've spent some time with the demo and while I'm impressed I can see myself getting bored.

Plain Sight keeps stealing hours at a time on me, though.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2010, 16:07 Bucky

I'd argue the opposite: it's right on almost all counts in my experience. I'd only argue with point #10; while performance is generally better driver support often holds a system back.

With that said, I don't run Linux anymore. I use my computer primarily for gaming. While I like Linux better than Windows, I hated booting back and forth when switching from desktop use to gaming. It got even worse when casual indie games started getting good.

General Discussion > To-do^W Done List
2. Re: To-do^W Done List Apr 7, 2010, 21:08 Bucky

It's been easy to see the effort to grow the community, and I'm certainly grateful for it. So thank you to both you and Blue and ---- hey! There's a TrackMania box on the site now. Sorry, I just noticed it and got distracted. Inquisitive

Anyways, thanks guys!

PC Gaming > Plain Sight
1. Plain Sight Apr 7, 2010, 21:01 Bucky

I picked up Plain Sight yesterday on a whim, and I've gotta say it's $10 well spent. The gameplay is stupid amounts of crazy, hectic, vertigo-inducing fun. Combined with a well balanced risk/reward system it makes for a game that's easy to laugh about with other players, while also helping you make life long blood enemies. Just wait until someone wipes you out as you're trying to go nuclear.... Bomb

Honestly, if you've got $10 to spare, give it a chance. Keep in mind it is an Indie game, so you can expect some varied production values. It's multiplayer only (the bots are only to help you learn the game) and there are a few quirky bugs on occasion. Fortunately Beatnik has already pushed out a couple of quick patches and I've heard word about more maps in the works, so I think this game will get a lot of love and support from the devs.

I've had minute long duels around a cube floating in space and loved it.
Ars Review

PC Gaming > TrackMania Server
7. Re: TrackMania Server Apr 5, 2010, 17:16 Bucky

Xymph wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 10:36:
The highlights of the retail United edition are outlined through the Discover United button on the main menu. Bulb

But in a nutshell: six times more content (besides Stadium there are six other environments each with its own unique physics model that you may or may never get used to ); three additional modes (Puzzle, Platform and Stunts to go along with Race mode); hundreds more Nadeo tracks are included for these envs and modes, and nearly half a million user-built tracks are available from TMX; the ability to use custom skins and models for your car; an in-game currency system called Coppers; and more.

I wish I hadn't read that. I'm already hooked on this game, and I've only been playing it since Sunday. All because I needed something to mess with while I ripped my CD collection.....*sigh*

Fortunately for everyone else playing, as long as I'm on the server you won't be the worst.

2327 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo