Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2329 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Swarm Announced
3. Re: Swarm Announced Sep 4, 2010, 08:51 Bucky

Swarm actually looks like fun. I'm going to have to keep my eye on this.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability"
6. Re: Analyst: Mafia II Aug 30, 2010, 21:05 Bucky

Isn't this the guy that we already decided was an idiot? I'll admit though, I tend to label most 'analysts' that way.  

News Comments > Team 17 Goes Digital-Only
8. Re: Team 17 Goes Digital-Only Aug 30, 2010, 17:31 Bucky

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 17:21:
Digital isn't about cutting costs but offering the customer more flexibility. Games can be redownloaded without limit, whereas game discs scratch, break and go missing. Sales aren't stock limited and are widely promoted, as opposed to being "luck of the draw" like with retail stores. Additional features like friends networks, auto-updating, DLC and in-game internet browsers and the such take things further. And that's without the obvious ease - no need to walk to your local store... it's instant.

Also, while a single day comparison may not show digital titles selling for much less (if at all) I've personally gotten a lot more for my money thanks to the heavily promoted sales.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 30, 2010, 06:26 Bucky

The Magician wrote on Aug 29, 2010, 23:43:
I sprang for Worms, because i've always loved the original Worms games .. Worms 3D was a terrifying mess of terrible controls, and unfortunately, Worms Reloaded just continued it. The game is fucking impossible, and the controls are utter garbage.

If memory serves me right, the controls for Worms Reloaded are pretty much identical to the controls for Worms Armageddon. My only real gripe with Worms Reloaded is that they still design the front-end UI for 6-year-olds on an Xbox. Everything has to be scrolled through instead of drop-down menus.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, but to each his own.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2010, 21:34 Bucky

caralimon wrote on Aug 27, 2010, 15:50:
Oh geee, i actually remember reading this OotB back in the day, i can't believe it's been 8 years already . I can't think of any other website i've been visiting on a daily basis this long .

As others have said, OotB is just another one of the reasons i visit Bluesnews everyday, it's like a reality check for me in between all the web, blogging and videogames madness .

You rock Blue, keep up the good work!

Agreed. I can clearly remember reading that OotB post; I would never have guessed it's been 8 years since that was posted.

I always have trouble adjusting when I open a web browser on another computer and Blue's isn't the homepage.

News Comments > Valve Would Like to Make the Half-Life Movie
5. Re: Valve Would Like to Make the Half-Life Movie Aug 26, 2010, 21:18 Bucky

Valve making a Half-Life movie.

Oh dear god, yes. Where do I give them my money for that?

News Comments > New ATI Drivers Add StarCraft II AA
8. Re: New ATI Drivers Add StarCraft II AA Aug 25, 2010, 19:17 Bucky

Switched back to ATI when I picked up a 4870 a while back. I'm on a 5850 now, I update my drivers as soon as I see them here, and the only problem I ever encountered was some missing textures in Borderlands that was fixed PDQ.  

News Comments > Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up
35. Re: Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up Aug 25, 2010, 17:14 Bucky

*sigh*

I used to be a Stardock supporter. I was very interested in Elemental. Now I'm seeing yet another excuse about broken street dates, and a game that, out of the box, is clearly unfinished.

Brad also has a habit of speaking his mind, which as the head of Stardock is starting to do him more harm than good.

The end result of this is a bad launch. I'd been hoping to find some early user impressions and then buy the game if they were favorable, now I'll be surprised if a month down the road I'm still interested enough to try the demo.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mafia II
81. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mafia II Aug 24, 2010, 18:03 Bucky

Hmm, I seem to have mistaken this for a thread about Mafia II.

elefunk wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 13:50:
It's amazing how people still continue to justify and defend piracy.

There are really only a few simple facts:

-No one is *entitled* to play anything. If there is no demo, or you feel like the demo isn't representative enough, or you want to play more before buying it, then don't play it. Don't pirate it. You're not entitled to play more than the publisher gives you, so stop making up this bullshit about how you need more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, before you *FINALLY* decide if it's worth your money.

-If you pirate a game, and play it for a few hours, and *THEN* determine it's not "worth your money", then you're still lying to yourself and everyone else. You spent a few hours with it. Unless your time is 100% worthless, then by pure definition you place value on the game because you fucking spent a few hours of your time on it.

-If a game isn't worth paying for, then you wouldn't have pirated it at all, because by definition it's not worth your time to play it.

-If you think it's a decent game, but not worth paying full price, then again stop fucking justifying piracy and wait for a discount before you play it.

But, most importantly again, you're not entitled to play jack shit. You don't deserve to play more than what they give you. You're not being an "educated consumer" or whatever shit phrase you use to justify your actions, you're simply a filthy thief, a spoiled entitled child who thinks you deserve everything you don't.

+1

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Aug 20, 2010, 19:58 Bucky

Perhaps the list, sorted by distributor? Though I worry that the 'On Sale' section may start claiming too much of Blue's time if steps like that are taken.  

News Comments > Torchlight II Trailer
9. Re: Torchlight II Trailer Aug 18, 2010, 17:01 Bucky

I saw a 2H hammer in there! Woo!

There's no sarcasm there, I really am excited about that.

News Comments > Worms Reloaded Trailer
3. Re: Worms Reloaded Trailer Aug 16, 2010, 17:11 Bucky

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 13:37:
Heh, this game is just taunting me in my Steam games list

I'm new here btw

The trailers aren't making the wait any easier, that's for sure.

Also, Welcome to Blue's!

News Comments > Worms Reloaded Trailer, Preorders
8. Re: Worms Reloaded Trailer, Preorders Aug 12, 2010, 19:04 Bucky

Already pre-ordered when it was announced, but the confirmation of the Holy Hand Grenade (my favorite weapon) is awesome. I was pretty sure I had seen it in one of the earlier trailers, but wasn't positive.  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM
4. Re: R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM Aug 11, 2010, 19:02 Bucky

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 18:52:
I now care about this game again.

Agreed. The premise looked cool, but I wrote the game off as soon as I found out it was using Ubisoft's DRM. Now I'll have to look into it.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 "Manifesto" Trailer
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Aug 10, 2010, 18:39 Bucky

I'm a huge fan of the original Guild Wars. It's difficult for me to overstate my desire for GW2. The only game I can remember wanting this badly was Half-Life 2.

I wonder if they'll accept my soul in return for a chance to play the game early.

News Comments > On Valve's DotA Game
6. Re: On Valves' DotA Game Aug 7, 2010, 18:43 Bucky

Sepharo wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 18:04:
make an open world Diablo clone (that uses robots)

Holy hell great idea.

Crazy cyberpunk robots just rushing the shit out of you as you fight them off with lasers and bombs.

I'm down.

It sounds like a crazy idea until you start to think about it. Using robots removes all sorts of stupid self-imposed limitations. Everything from character design, weapons, armor, and violence (no more blood and gore to worry about) along with the fact that since your robots are already doing large amounts of violence you can justify anything else you want to put into the world.

WWII was used by every game designer imaginable, then zombies became popular. I'm gonna make the claim right now: robots will be next.

News Comments > On Valve's DotA Game
4. Re: On Valves' DotA Game Aug 7, 2010, 17:58 Bucky

I don't remember the deal, but I've obviously sold my soul to Valve since they keep making games I love.

If they ever make an open world Diablo clone (that uses robots) I'll know I've promised them my first-born child too. Hey, leave me alone, I can dream all I want.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 6, 2010, 21:43 Bucky

I finally picked up Gratuitous Space Battles. I'd wanted to the last time it was on sale, but the DLC didn't get included. This time it did in the CE, so I grabbed it.

I still need to get around to playing it, but at $6.24 I figured I couldn't go wrong.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
52. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2010, 21:24 Bucky

My condolences Blue. Take all the time you need, we'll still be here.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 1, 2010, 17:09 Bucky

I know I am. I pre-ordered it the other day and can't wait for it to be released. I've always had a blast with the Worms games--even both 3D incarnations.

Edit: For 50% off you can't go wrong picking up Just Cause 2, either.

2329 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo