Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2327 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2010, 20:52 Bucky

I can't remember everything that's been listed, but I've picked up AI War and Clones.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2010, 13:49 Bucky

Heck, I own another copy of Dragon Age because it was cheaper buying the Ultimate Edition on sale than it would have been to pick up all the DLC separately.

I'm consistently interested in AI War: Fleet Command. For $3 I think I'm gonna have to buy it.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
70. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 21, 2010, 06:17 Bucky

Ventura wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 04:31:
So, anyone have any particular recommendations? I already have Bad Company 2, Supreme Commander 2, Portal, Batman Arkham Asylum, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, Call of Juarez Bound in Blood...

I thought about Titan Quest, I mean seriously, $3.74 are you kidding me, but I really don't want to buy something just for the sake of buying it. It's bad enough that I also bought Metro 2033 about a week ago but still haven't actually tried it yet.

Having just bought a 3d screen too, games that look particularly good in 3d get bumped right to the top of the list.

I can highly recommend Titan Quest, just be sure to get the community patch before you begin playing. It stays true to the developers aims while fixing a lot of broken stuff.

53. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 20:44 Bucky

Golwar wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 19:57:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 19:53:
I know I can get it a bit cheaper retail. But I would rather pay a bit more and keep all my games on Steam.

Isn't Black Ops one of those games that use Steam anyways? As Civilization or Empire for example.
In that case you could buy it via retail and will have it in Steam too. Can't say for sure, I don't have it.

Yes, Black Ops uses Steamworks.

37. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:24 Bucky

Well, nothing jumps out at me right now. I own most of the games I want, and the publisher catalog sales aren't worth grabbing until the last day in case a specific game goes on the daily sale.

I still need to play through Dragon Age, so I'll probably grab the Ultimate Edition for all the DLC if it drops a bit more.

3. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 16:01 Bucky

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 16:00:
Break out the credit card, it's going to be a wild ride!

I need to cancel mine, now, before things get out of hand.

News Comments > Monday Night Combat Beta
1. Re: Monday Night Combat Beta Dec 16, 2010, 21:00 Bucky

I've been wanting to play this game since I first heard of it. Now that I finally can play it I just need to drag myself away from Black Ops. And make sure I don't start a fresh game of Civ V.  

News Comments > On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle
22. Re: On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle Dec 15, 2010, 05:17 Bucky

I tossed $75 into the Humble Indie Bundle 2, with $50 going to the EFF and Child's Play. An easy way to donate, and a great way to support the bundle.

For $7.50, everyone should have Just Cause 2. Incredible visuals and just a great game to jump into when you feel like just blowing shit up.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2010, 16:44 Bucky

I for one am happy that everything this guy spouts has been moved into the 'etc.' section. Now if he's just vanish altogether...  

News Comments > The Great Steam Treasure Hunt Begins
10. Re: The Great Steam Treasure Hunt Begins Dec 6, 2010, 20:11 Bucky

*checks library*

114 games. I'm sure I could find another 100 I want.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched (Twice)
11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched (Twice) Nov 20, 2010, 20:10 Bucky

Wait....this game has single player?  

6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched (Twice) Nov 20, 2010, 14:27 Bucky

Things have been fine for me this morning. I've gotten some lag on the first kill/death, but other than that things have been smooth and the servers have been stable.

This game is my new crack.

1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched (Twice) Nov 19, 2010, 22:13 Bucky

Of course I was having crazy connection issues since the patch went out. I'm hoping it's due to the patch being distributed and not a result of a crappy patch, since I'm half a level away from my first prestige.  

News Comments > Steam Patches
1. Re: Steam Patches Nov 19, 2010, 22:10 Bucky

An update just when out for CoD: Black Ops as well. Hard to say how well it's working, since my last two Gun Games both had the server die on us.  

News Comments > DRM-Free Witcher 2 Preorders on GOG.com
17. Re: DRM-Free Witcher 2 Preorders on GOG.com Nov 18, 2010, 16:03 Bucky

It looks like this will be my first purchase through GOG. Can't really go wrong.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailer
8. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Nov 16, 2010, 17:57 Bucky

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2010, 10:02:
The dialogue is dumb in that way you kind of expect and either makes you cringe or makes you laugh at (and hopefully with, as I assume it knows just how painfully dumb it is and has fun with that), but man, that action.

This game really, really looks like something new and different. And insane. And fun. So much fun. People Can Fly really seem like they've learned from what made Painkiller great and become comfortable in making a ridiculously over the top game.

Want. Want want want.

Over-the-top, crazy, insane fun action from the same people that made Painkiller. Where do I pre-order?

News Comments > Elemental Patch This Week
3. Re: Elemental Patch This Week Nov 14, 2010, 18:39 Bucky

I used to call myself a Stardock fan (GalCivII is still amazing), but honestly, why even buy Elemental at all? I haven't read anything that suggests I should spend money on the game.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Update
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Nov 13, 2010, 22:29 Bucky

Esoteric wrote on Nov 13, 2010, 21:01:
I'm just going to skip this completely and wait for GW2.

+1

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops MP Patch
22. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops MP Patch Nov 12, 2010, 16:09 Bucky

Mostly_Harmless wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 14:34:
I've heard of people who are renting servers for their clans but can't actually find a way to connect to them!

I actually ran into this on launch day. A clan player added me to his friends list, then I had to rejoin their server via my recently played list and invite him in so that he could play on his own clan server.

The patch fixed my hitching issues (mostly) and I'm having a blast with the game. Better than MW2 in my opinion, if for no other reason than because Treyarch apparently understands that maps need to be, in at least some way, designed around gameplay. Also no more stopping power, scavenger doesn't replenish secondary ammo, no more quickscoping, etc.

My biggest gripe? Console players can choose their wager match ante (3 tiers, IIRC) while PC players are limited to the 500 buy in. I'd like to play more One In The Chamber games, but I'm not about to toss the 500 away on a game mode I suck at.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Preloads
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Preloads Nov 8, 2010, 21:10 Bucky

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 21:04:
Tumbler wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 20:50:
It's all over the tv about the midnight release. Not for pc though, you guys don't get it till 7am...PST. Hope you r not on the east coast, can't play till 10am!

Which is fine because I gotta work tomorrow during the day anyways. As long as it unlocks before 4PM when I get home I am happy.

I'll be in the door around 4PM EST as well, and playing Black Ops about 5 minutes later. I hope I remember to eat.

2327 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo