Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2329 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars
10. Re: Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars Nov 19, 2012, 12:34 Bucky

rist3903 wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 12:19:
I am trying to donate but the page keeps timing me out.

You can also donate via Kickstarter.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
14. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 21:31 Bucky

So, I just pledged $60 via Kickstarter.

This is the first, and very likely only thing I will ever crowd fund. Will the game be everything he's promised, and everything we all want? I have no idea. Frankly, I'm paying $60 just to be hopeful for the next two years, and that alone is enough.

Or look at it another way: instead of buying the latest CoD, fund this instead.

Edit: Timeframe.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 11:35 Bucky

The President is a small part of the problem, yet is the focus for much of the anger. We have 535 other idiots in Congress that seem to prefer fighting each other to getting something productive done.

The real news here is the BSG: Blood and Chrome release coming up. Far more exciting, imo.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 12:13 Bucky

Last year, when the freak October blizzard hit New England, work didn't get cancelled. I was driving under trees hanging from power lines to get to work, and I didn't have power for almost four days. I'd been told, in all seriousness, that we would only cancel work if the snow was over the top of the building and it was on fire. Wtf

They shut down today at noon. I work second shift, so I've got the day off. To say I'm surprised is an understatement. The funny part is, I live in Western Mass. The chance of us getting anything significant is pretty minimal, especially since last years storm already took down every weak tree.

I guess I'll have to play games all day.

News Comments > Star Citizen Stretch Goals
10. Re: Star Citizen Stretch Goals Oct 27, 2012, 14:52 Bucky

If this game turns out to be as amazing as all the hype and promises make it out to be, I'll buy two copies. He seems to be promising us everything we've ever wanted, and I doubt anyone could deliver on all of it. With that said, it's not that I doubt him specifically, it's more in the nature of my distrust for Kickstarter and crowd funding. I've yet to invest in any project, so it probably says more about me than it does about Star Citizen.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
51. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 23:47 Bucky

After War of Magic and Demigod, my faith in Stardock plunged. The sale of Impulse to GameStop left a bad taste in my mouth; I abandoned that platform entirely. Sins: Rebellion restored some faith, and seeing Brad and Co. owning up to their mistakes is certainly heartening.

If you had told me about this game three years ago, I would've pre-ordered without hesitation. Now, I'm going to wait for the rest of the gaming community to kick it around before I make a decision, but it's definitely on the radar.

I have no idea if it's even feasible with this game, and I know Stardock is already giving out 100,000 free copies, but a demo would go a long way toward helping this game get some traction.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch
53. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch Oct 12, 2012, 14:00 Bucky

Prez wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 13:13:
Dan Stapleton of PC Gamer once wrote in an X-COM retrospective that naming your favorite soldier after yourself was a must because it made you care even more about him but it also had the effect of telling the aliens to hunt him down and kill him at all costs. Somehow they * always* knew. So true! I am trying it now in my current game.

That's brilliant. My current method is that I don't do any customization until they've hit Captain. I've been leaving names alone for now, but I think in my next game I'll make a point of naming the first Lieutenant after myself.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch
46. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch Oct 12, 2012, 12:55 Bucky

I just lost Col. Tucker, my first really serious blow. 43 kills, 17 missions, and my god-like sniper had two chrysallids rape him because I made a dumb move.

This game is great.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
34. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 9, 2012, 12:47 Bucky

I strongly recommend starting on Normal Ironman, just for the sake of sanity. There's a lot of game mechanics that need learning, and I know I've made a bunch of rookie mistakes. Ironman just helps reinforce the lessons.

My third mission, I obliterate a Thin Man at point blank range. I figured there's no way I'd miss, and I didn't. Problem is, he then exploded, poisoning my poor rookie. That rookie panics and dies a couple of turns later because no one had the foresight to take a medkit along. His squadmate (another rookie) sees this, panics also, and shoots my Heavy, a Sargent at the time. Thankfully I'd given him some extra armor, so he shrugged it off. The last squadmate got flanked and had no chance since his support was all busy panicking.

I finished that VIP mission with two soliders, and I refused to put my Heavy in front of the rookie who shot him.

I also have the bad habit of not checking to see if the enemy is in Overwatch, and then moving right across their field of fire.

Edit: I just lost my highest ranked support, because I didn't realize that the other support solider I had could stabilize even after his medkit was used. Well, I did realize it, just one turn after poor 'Whiskey' Wouters bled out. I'm gonna miss her, even if she did shoot my Heavy on her first mission.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2012, 13:21.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 9, 2012, 11:11 Bucky

I don't care about the XCOM legacy, because I never played the originals. It's why I'm able to just sit down and enjoy a damn good game.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews
55. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews Oct 9, 2012, 01:10 Bucky

My third mission (the first where you basically get full control) and I have two rookies wiped out. Very, very happy I decided to only start on Normal Ironman.

I'm already attached the Rookie (squaddie now) that panicked and still managed to blow away a thin man.

49. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 23:58 Bucky

RailWizard wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 23:57:
It's unpacking! Boogie

Looks like they cut it loose a few minutes early. Squee!

44. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 23:17 Bucky

Sepharo wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 23:12:
Midnight or 3AM Eastern?

According to the store page it looks like Midnight EST.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
47. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2012, 22:18 Bucky

Yifes wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 20:54:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 20:03:
@briktal, as for 1 thru 3, where did you get the info from? I was going to start off normal too but now I wonder if I should just go Classic without the Ironman. I guess I could always be a wimp and start off Normal for the 1st play-thru, then Classic for the 2nd, and finally turn on the Ironman for the 3rd.

It's from the gameinformer interview with lead designer Jake Solomon (!spoiler warning! - they talk about a specific set piece mission, and contains concept art of advanced tech.)

Normal is going to be too easy for any X-COM vet.

And now it looks like I'll be starting Classic Ironman. I'm blaming you when I fail miserably.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2012, 15:33 Bucky

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 15:30:
I was going to go for europe, more countries covered at once and the research bonus. Gonna go Classic / Ironman my first playthrough...things gonna get dicey!

I was thinking the same thing, except I'll be starting on Normal Ironman. I want to play at least 1 game to get a feel for the mechanics before I dive into Classic.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
31. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 5, 2012, 01:27 Bucky

Prez wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 00:37:
Hopefully enough 'X-COM-ness' will survive the transistion to a new modern day iteration and I can avoid missing out on a great game because of a name.

I'm one of the lucky(?) ones in that I never played the original XCOM games. I fully understand the passion attached to them, but for me I'm able to look forward to this game without any of the legacy baggage attached.

The wait might kill me, though.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 14:33 Bucky

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 14:11:
Then again, Dishonored and Xcom are right around the corner.

Creston

I've been needing a good turn-based fix for awhile now; I'll probably forget to eat for about a week after XCOM comes out.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 11:35 Bucky

Alright, the "Elizabeth Warren, Not who she says she is" political ad is driving me nuts, mostly because it's giving me a noisy pop-up on a regular basis. I don't know how many people see it, as it's a Massachusetts senate race and I'm one of the poor suckers that lives in Mass, but I'd love it if you could pull that ad, Blue.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 11:31 Bucky

I still am. It's not the all-consuming game it was for the first month, but I'm still on regularly. That's the nice thing about no monthly subscription; I don't feel compelled to play every day.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer
27. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 30, 2012, 10:46 Bucky

Chromius wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 09:04:
I was excited about this when I saw the initial gameplay trailer, but after playing the Demo I found that like most games coming out these days, it has very nice graphics wrapped around an over simplified Xcom.

I honestly would prefer an updated UFO game that has some depth vs this, it is not an improved Xcom...........

RPS had a great post about the demo, the short version is that the demo, specifically, is bad because of how limited it is.

2329 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo