Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2326 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Jan 27, 2011, 18:46 Bucky

It looks to me like the Guardian is the Healer replacement. It's been said that each class will posses the ability to switch roles on the fly, so I think the dedicated healer is out. Then again, there's a few class reveals left so I could be wrong.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Brink in May
10. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 16:31 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 14:20:
This has one been game I've been following closely and the first FPS in a very long time that is a must-buy for me. I'm going to be all over this like a fat kid on cake

Verno wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 14:33:
Day 1 for me man, the videos sold me alone. It's been forever since I wanted a multiplayer so badly on the PC.

I was forced to quote both for the +1.

The reason(s) it's a pre-order for me: True arcade style, infantry only multiplayer, as opposed to say, Black Ops, which tries to be both realism and arcade at the same time, IMO. Huge amounts of customization, and the SMART system. Also, Splash Damage has always made good multiplayer games that have never been quite 'there' for one reason or another; I think Brink is set to change that for them.

News Comments > Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues
26. Re: Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues Jan 26, 2011, 18:33 Bucky

New Update, now with middle-mouse rebind option!

Multiple move orders with delays will now properly stop during the delay.
Steam usernames longer than 15 characters will now be shortened instead of crashing.
The errorReport in the application directory now also contains a version numbers.
Server lists can now be properly scrolled.
Fixed a bug when displaying an already disposed server in server listing which caused a crash.
Path names are now region safe.
Chapter 6 Scene 4 (Grimnir mind duel) now spawns the correct amount of spawns.
Removed VAC option, all online games now use VAC.
Improved cutscene-skip in Chapter 2 Scene 2.
Improved cutscene-skip in Chapter 3 Scene 3.
Checkpoint added in Chapter 6 Scene 5 (Grimnir boss fight).
Added keyboard binding for cast self (default middle mouse button)
Statuseffect desync crash fixed.
Animation time desync crash fixed.
Features added
Cancel button added to gamepad configuration popup.
Icon added for break free action.
Icon added for boost action.
Icon added for magic action.

They seem to be true to their word. I'm happy with my purchase.

News Comments > Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues
21. Re: Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues Jan 26, 2011, 16:44 Bucky

The Single player works fine for me, if just a touch laggy in spots. The multiplayer, however, is a trainwreck.

It's still worth $10, but for anyone who hasn't picked it up I'd say wait a few weeks.

News Comments > Magicka Patched
5. Re: Magicka Patched Jan 25, 2011, 17:18 Bucky

I somehow managed to earn an achievement that involves killing somebody by crossing the beams....and I was the only one playing. I recommend against casting whilst inside a shield.  

News Comments > Magicka and Demo Now Available
9. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 16:14 Bucky

This game is a must-buy at $10. I messed with the demo last night, and the full game is downloading right now.

While in the tutorial, with only 3 elements available, I lit myself on fire, dropped a rock on my head, and blew myself up. I spent the entire first hour just grinning and laughing to myself; this game will only be better with friends playing.

Now I need to figure out how I made those crazy egg-mines last night....

News Comments > Magicka This Month
1. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 22, 2011, 16:28 Bucky

I forget where I read it, but it was said that the game played better with a controller. Now one is on order, which will help with all those other games I want that are controller based.

Unless my eyes deceived me, that was a mage with a machine gun. Just.....yes.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 22, 2011, 16:19 Bucky

Downer28 wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 16:04:
So, no mesmer?

There's still a few classes left for them to reveal. As it stands the Ranger is still my first pick unless the Mesmer does get a revival.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched Jan 21, 2011, 21:15 Bucky

Yeah, I'd get those too. It was a coin toss whether or not the game would recover for me. I haven't had a single problem since the patch, and I just spent a more time playing today than I'm willing to admit.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched Jan 21, 2011, 10:42 Bucky

A neck injury has kept me out of work all week, so I've been playing Black Ops pretty frequently. Since day one I've gotten random lockups that, to me, have no pattern. It would happen in the menu, in-game, and at every point in-between. Worse still, I could play for hours with no problem, and then the next day have it lock up three times in a row.

The snow is still falling and I've got nowhere to be, so I'll test out this patch and see if it finally solves these issues.

Edit: So far, so good. It's also gotten rid of the annoying menu hitching that would occur.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2011, 15:47.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2011, 17:03 Bucky

With a bit of an edge, since the Steelers/Ravens game has already started, I'll agree with blue.

Of course, as a Pats fan, I'll also pick them to go the whole way.

News Comments > PC Monday Night Combat Delayed 1 Week
2. Re: PC Monday Night Combat Delayed 1 Week Jan 14, 2011, 19:31 Bucky

I first heard about this game whilst reading Penny Arcade one day. Got super excited...and then found out it was an Xbox Live Arcade only game. I might have cried myself to sleep that night.

Now it's nearly here for the PC, and the devs go and delay it a week. That, in my mind, is a very good thing. It shows they care about the game and are putting in the work to make it a good port. I've been loosely following the beta progress, and it seems they are involved with the community and really making an effort on this.

With no Bulletstorm demo, I think I'll wait for it to go on sale and buy this instead. In fact, I think I'm gonna buy it right now.

Edit: I forgot, pre-order=beta participation. Woo!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2011, 16:36 Bucky

The Ars frontpage clearly calls the article an opinion piece. Like any good opinion piece, it's got people talking about it.  

News Comments > Elemental Expansion Detailed
8. Re: Elemental Expansion Detailed Jan 11, 2011, 19:17 Bucky

joe2tiger wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 19:01:
I remember when people praised Stardock when Sins of A Solar Empire came out, I was one of those people. Back to Elemental, I don't think they are being greedy, they made a critical failure on initial release. I've heard they fixed a lot of issues.

I haven't bought Elemental yet (so I don't have the rage face everyone else has), I plan to when it drops its price down to 10 dollars or something.

I was a big Stardock Fan because of GalCivII and Sins. I bought Demigod and got burned, and planned on picking up Elemental if reviews were favorable. Needless to say, I still haven't bought it and my faith in Stardock has been shaken quite a bit.

I continue to watch them to see what happens, but they no longer get the benefit of the doubt. In fact, very few studios do anymore....*sigh*

News Comments > Bulletstorm Specs
24. Re: Bulletstorm Specs Jan 11, 2011, 16:03 Bucky

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 15:42:
Does anyone even care about this game on the PC?

I'm looking forward to it, even though they seem to have chosen to inject some unnecessary immaturity into the game. These are the guys that made Painkiller, so I was automatically interested upon hearing about it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 9, 2011, 17:38 Bucky

I play Black Ops regularly and enjoy it (multiplayer only), but honestly, what else is out there right now for shooters? TF2 was great, but the addition of so much extra crap has turned me off from it. Bad Company 2 is fun, but I prefer straight up infantry combat.

Right now my hopes are pinned on Brink. Hopefully in a few months we'll actually get to find out.

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs
50. Re: Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs Jan 7, 2011, 16:09 Bucky

Wow, I guess I'm in the very small majority on this one. I enjoyed Mass Effect 2 more than ME, and the changes they're making to Dragon Age 2 actually have me a bit excited. I prefer the faster paced combat, I never use the tactical camera, and the loss of party banter, while sad, doesn't really bother me.

It would have been a launch day buy for me, so pre-ordering and getting the DLC is fine by me. I'm not particularly thrilled with the way game DLC seems to be working out (pre-order store exclusives really irritate me) but I'm not so bothered that I'll boycott a game.

That Dragon Age 2 isn't just like Dragon Age isn't a problem; more of the same just leaves things feeling stale. While they've likely made changes I won't like, in the end it's a game, and if I have fun it's a success as far as I'm concerned.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
4. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 4, 2011, 16:03 Bucky

Ah, my mistake. Thanks for the correction.

I think I'll just overclock the crap out of my 920, since I've got excellent cooling on it and hold out another year. If I can resist the 'ooooh, shiny' response.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 3, 2011, 19:59 Bucky

Agreed. Also, the i7-2500K looks like a perfect upgrade from my i7 920. AMD's Bulldozer is rumored for an April release date and can drop into existing AM3 motherboards (meaning lower hardware cost) but I doubt it'll have the price/performance to match the Intel stuff, at least not at the ~$200 price point.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2010, 20:52 Bucky

I can't remember everything that's been listed, but I've picked up AI War and Clones.  

2326 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo