Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2328 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned
31. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 14, 2011, 12:53 Bucky

Finally had a chance to play some more. The game is running smoother for me now (on an ATI 5850) and the gameplay seems to be falling into place, now that people are getting a handle on the game.

Edit: And some more after that. The game is a great deal of fun, and it encourages team work. The 'quest' wheel does a good job of it, and there's a lot of flow to the gameplay. I started out regretting my purchase, but not anymore.

I also like that you can customize each weapon per character, and then just choose a new loadout at any command post. It's a great way to adapt to situations as they change.

This comment was edited on May 14, 2011, 14:00.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned
6. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 13, 2011, 22:22 Bucky

There's a good game hiding in there, but it still needs some polish. Fortunately it seems that they are hard at work on that front, so I'm willing to be patient.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Brink
49. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brink May 11, 2011, 06:02 Bucky

Equip a grenade launcher, knock 'em down and mop up, then attach the box and scamper away. That was the only challenge that really gave me trouble.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, having put 5 or 6 hours into it yesterday. There's frequently more than one way around a map, though most people don't seem to have caught onto that fact yet. My favorite thing to do so far has been take a back route with the grenade launcher, knock everyone down in a 'choke' point, and then watch my team roll through.

Weapon sounds are awesome, and the level of weapon and ability customization is great.

My issues so far: Yes, the browser is weak. I also want to be able to right-click to go back a layer in the menus, instead of having to hit that damn back button. The game runs like ass on my 5850 with the hotfix drivers (Core i7-920 and 6GB ram on Win7 64). I've also got some concerns over the classes, but I think that's more a matter of having not played enough yet.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Brink
28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brink May 10, 2011, 18:13 Bucky

Liking the feel of the game so far, though I'm still messing with the challenges to get a grip on the game.  

News Comments > Brink Launch Trailer
27. Re: Brink Launch Trailer May 9, 2011, 21:08 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 9, 2011, 20:44:
I have to admit, I really think it is cool that they are acctually releasing it digitally at midnight EST. Makes it 11 for me and I work nights and am off tonight! Perfect

Oh sure, rub it in.

As much as I'd like to stay up and play tonight, there's no way I'd be functional at work the next morning on 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

I can't remember who was going to set a Blue's server up, but they should toss a post in the gaming forum about it so it won't get lost.

News Comments > Brink Launch Trailer
20. Re: Brink Launch Trailer May 9, 2011, 19:25 Bucky

The Half Elf wrote on May 9, 2011, 18:14:
Any word on if we will be able to buy the pre-order stuff as DLC? Love to get the game right now with the Best Buy Pre-order (Fallout), but just can't swing the clams till Wednesday, and I really don't want to drive to Best Buy for it?

Everything I've seen indicates that the pre-order stuff will only be available during the pre-order period. I picked up two copies (Steam and Amazon) so that I could have all the unique weapons--I'm a publishers wet dream. It has been stated that multiple keys can be linked to a single account, so that idiots like me can get all the goodies on a single account.

I've gotta be up at 5:30, and I still might try to get a game in tonight.

Edit: Just found this little gem in part 2 of the community Q&A session:

Will there be an option to reset purchase abilities? And if so, how does it work? -Lynn

Yes! At any point, you can sell all of your purchased abilities and completely re-spec your character. This comes at a cost, however, as your character will lose one level (and with that, one ability credit). For example, if you’re level 11 and decide to sell everything, you will be dropped back to level 10 and are then left with 10 credits to buy abilities.

That makes me very, very happy.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2011, 19:31.

News Comments > BRINK Preloads on Steam
17. Re: BRINK Preloads on Steam May 7, 2011, 08:19 Bucky

The attempt to mitigate the usual BS such as one shot kills is huge for me. There's also the fact that the scoring does not reflect your kill/death, which should help to encourage team play.  

News Comments > BRINK Preloads on Steam
6. Re: BRINK Preloads on Steam May 6, 2011, 22:40 Bucky

Gimme gimme gimme!  

News Comments > Brink Trailer
14. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 16:54 Bucky

I'll definitely drop in, just so I can show all of you how to properly catch a bullet with your teeth.  

News Comments > Brink Class Trailer
4. Re: Brink Class Trailer May 4, 2011, 16:31 Bucky

Elessar wrote on May 4, 2011, 14:10:
As much as I hate exclusive pre-order crap, I'm very tempted to pre-order this one. Wonder if they'll offer a way to unlock weapons from other pre-orders.

From everything I've read the pre-order exclusives will remain exactly that, with no way to get them after the fact. I wouldn't be surprised to see an about-face on this at some point in the future (especially if demand is high enough), but they have no stated plans for that as of now.

News Comments > Brink HUD Trailer
18. Re: Brink HUD Trailer May 4, 2011, 05:48 Bucky

Jerykk wrote on May 4, 2011, 04:06:
So... the video clearly shows that the special abilities selector was designed for the D-Pad on a console controller. Unfortunately, my mouse and keyboard don't have D-Pads. How will special ability selection work on PC?

Just bind the keys however you'd like. My best guess is that by default they'll be on the number keys, since they won't be needed for weapon selection. You can only carry two weapons, so a single weapon toggle key is all you need for them.

News Comments > Brink HUD Trailer
16. Re: Brink HUD Trailer May 3, 2011, 18:58 Bucky

Thanks to a recall from Amazon I had some spare funds, so I purchased a second copy from them since I wanted all of the unique weapons and attachments.

Yes, I'm a sucker. I also can't wait for this game.

News Comments > On Brink Multiplayer
12. Re: On Brink Multiplayer Apr 25, 2011, 18:54 Bucky

Aye, thanks for that link. Brink looks to be the game that I'd hoped it would be.  

News Comments > Humble Frozenbyte Bundle Bonuses
2. Re: Humble Frozenbyte Bundle Bonuses Apr 22, 2011, 18:05 Bucky

I already own Trine and the Shadowgrounds games, but I still tossed $10 their way just to make sure these bundles keep on going. So really, $5 for a pre-order and the rest to charity, which is still a good deal.  

News Comments > Brink it Sooner
8. Re: Brink it Sooner Apr 11, 2011, 18:53 Bucky

!

Woohoo!

I hate pre-order exclusive stuff, especially when there are multiple options. Despite this, I'm seriously considering a second pre-order just because I want all the unique weapons.

News Comments > Brink Abilities Trailer
6. Re: Brink Abilities Trailer Apr 6, 2011, 16:09 Bucky

I was sold when I saw a developer quote that said there will be no one-shot kills.

I can't wait for this game, and I'll have hopefully built myself a new box by the time it arrives.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 4, 2011, 20:56 Bucky

Heh, good timing on that link considering just how badly I've been sucked into Super Meat Boy. Damn Valve and their sales...  

News Comments > Morning Previews
8. Re: Morning Previews Apr 4, 2011, 17:19 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 17:01:
Verno wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 12:04:
Brink sounds fucking great.

I've already got my pre-order paid for. I cannot wait to get my hands on Brink! I want it NOW!

I've actually been considering a pre-order from Amazon, in addition to the Steam pre-order I already have, just so I can get the extra goodies.

God I want to play this game.

News Comments > GameStop Acquiring Impulse
13. Re: GameStop Acquiring Impulse Mar 31, 2011, 20:02 Bucky

My faith in Stardock has been slowly eroding, to the point where I'd actually duplicated purchases so that I wouldn't be tied to Impulse anymore. Now that Gamestop owns Impulse it's time to add the few games I have left on there to my Steam wishlist.

I'll put my Impulse login details next to my lifetime subscription to the All Seeing Eye...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2011, 18:49 Bucky

I've passed on Homefront and Crysis 2, both due to word of mouth and reviews. I burned myself out on CoD months ago, and I wouldn't pay for the map pack even if I was still playing.

I'll use Dragon Age 2 and Portal 2 to hold me over until Brink finally gets here.

2328 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo