Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2326 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 15, 2011, 00:47 Bucky

I don't know just how extensive the changes are, but so far the driving feels better to me. The drifting/sliding especially feels better than United. Granted, I'm only through A09 or so at the moment.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 14:19 Bucky

I can't remember where I'd seen it, but it was said that it was not coming to Steam immediately upon release. They'd also promised to try to provide Steam integration for existing owners if/when the game does get added to Steam.

Now I need to go buy this.

News Comments > DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 "Lead Platform"
26. Re: abracadabra Sep 14, 2011, 01:06 Bucky

If the load times are less or equal, does it matter where the server browser runs? For that matter, if it's better than the typical DICE browser (which won't take much), isn't that a good thing?

Sometimes I swear PC gamers have a built-in "Change is Bad!" reflex.

Do I like Origin right now? No. It is, however, where I can get BF3, therefor it is installed and BF3 is preordered. While everyone else is whining about a browser-based server browser, or Origin, I'll be playing and having fun.

News Comments > Hard Reset Demo
2. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 14:31 Bucky

Agreed. Had a blast with it, and with everything maxed out and an insane amount of action on the screen it still ran buttery smooth.

I'm still grinning just thinking about the final battle in the demo. I have a fondness for indirect fire weapons, so I went in with the electrical mortar and the grenade launcher--that's the kind of fun we haven't had in FPS games in quite some time.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Has "Hundreds" of Changes from Alpha
8. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Has Sep 6, 2011, 13:08 Bucky

I already have my copy pre-ordered--through Origin. The game was pretty much a guaranteed purchase, so I figured I'll at least try the Origin service out and see what it's like, and get a few shiny extras in the process.

The only thing I'm really hoping they either remove or modify is the spotting system. In the Alpha it was identical to the system in Bad Company 2, and I bloody hate it. They could add a cool-down to the spotting, make it mini-map only, or even make it a fixed position marker....just, anything to keep it from acting as a spammable all seeing eye.

News Comments > No Bastion DLC Plans
9. Re: No Bastion DLC Plans Sep 4, 2011, 19:04 Bucky

Aero wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 17:16:
I'm having better luck with an Xbox controller than mouse+WASD.

I need to try the controller on my next playthrough. There's some specialized movement toward the end of the game that I think would have been less irritating with the controller.

News Comments > No Bastion DLC Plans
4. Re: No Bastion DC Plans Sep 4, 2011, 14:47 Bucky

I finished Bastion yesterday, and it's worth every penny.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 12:33 Bucky

Just.....wow.

I was already sold, now I'm chomping at the bit.

EA got me a week ago, on Origin, when they said "Hey, we'll give you all this cool pre-order stuff, and a free copy of Dead Space 2." I couldn't help myself at that point.

News Comments > Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM
3. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 10, 2011, 22:36 Bucky

nin wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 22:01:
I'll take them both. And I'm betting I enjoy them. As someone said last week (and the quote above mentions) once you just think of D3 as a MMO (and plan your purchase accordingly), it takes the sting out...

Agreed. All the recent news of both sucked me back into Torchlight, which I'm once again having a blast with. It makes the waiting easier.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access
9. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 21:56 Bucky

SirKnight wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 21:34:
I've never had a problem with Amazon's release day delivery. Maybe it's because I have Amazon Prime?

I've ordered several games via Amazon for release date delivery, and I've always had them on time. I've also never used Amazon prime.

News Comments > All Zombies Must Die Announced
5. Re: All Zombies Must Die Announced Jul 27, 2011, 18:00 Bucky

yuastnav wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 14:40:
I just wonder when this whole Zombie hype will be over again.
I hope soon.

Would you prefer a WWII game?

I still think developers need to explore the use of robots to populate their games. Using human (or humanoid) characters does create some limitations, especially when it comes to RPGs. Seems like every game I play has a character with some form of memory loss....

Anyway, back on topic. I picked up Burn Zombie Burn during a sale, and it's not bad. It runs fine for me, and it's a good way to relieve some stress in short bursts.

News Comments > New AMD Drivers and Driver Preview
3. Re: New AMD Drivers and Driver Preview Jul 27, 2011, 17:56 Bucky

The 11.6's completely hose video acceleration for me, no matter what voodoo I perform when I install them. Windows just spits out an error telling me my card is busted, then closes the video.

I haven't been nervous about a driver install in a long time. nVidia may be getting me back when the next generation of cards launches.

Edit: "Windows Media Player can not play the video because there is a problem with your video card."

Anger.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2011, 18:06.

News Comments > BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops
5. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 15:08 Bucky

I'll probably buy this through Amazon, they've never failed me on pre-order items or release day delivery.  

News Comments > EA Buying PopCap
7. Re: EA Buying PopCap Jul 12, 2011, 21:25 Bucky

RIP PopCap.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
51. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 4, 2011, 16:24 Bucky

New Vegas for $15 is a steal. I'm finally going to pick up the DLC, since it's a franchise sale.

Frozen Synapse for $12.50 is a damn good price, too. I paid $20 for it, and it's worth it. It's worth mentioning that they still give you an extra copy to give away. Of course, this reminds me that I've got several matches I never finished...

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2011, 13:20 Bucky

nin wrote on Jul 3, 2011, 13:15:
Tempted by Assassin's Creed 2 for that price, despite the DRM

I thought about that too, but then I remembered UBI doesn't want me as a customer.

No loss for me, still have a ton of other stuff to play.

Damn, I'd forgotten about UBI's DRM. Nevermind. On the bright side, it looks like I'll make it through the day without a purchase.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2011, 13:15 Bucky

I might pick up the entire Assassin's Creed pack. Worth it?  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 2, 2011, 16:15 Bucky

I bit on Darksiders, the id Super pack, and the Magicka DLC. Also purchased Plants vs Zombies GotY for a friend, because everyone should own that game.

If you've got a gamepad, I highly recommend Super Meat Boy--it's a superb platformer.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
15. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 15:59 Bucky

Beware the hype. I'm not saying RAGE won't be good, but this video reminds me way too much of the marketing for Brink.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Camp Sale Begins
21. Re: Steam Summer Camp Sale Begins Jun 30, 2011, 16:31 Bucky

Creston wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 16:15:
Bucky wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 16:09:
If I was smart I'd just cancel my credit card right now. I still haven't gotten to all of the games from the last few sales...

*sigh*

Look at it this way, Bucky. When you have a few dozen games stashed away (for cheap), you'll have several years worth of games to play when the game industry inevitably turns into a "Pay By The Minute" Rent-fest on someone's servers.

That's the day when I stop buying games, so I plan to make sure to have around a hundred games stored up.

As for Recettear, I think I'll skip that. Seems a little too much like work to me... (I read a few reviews.)

Creston

I think the indies will help to prevent that; either through outright competition or by giving the true PC gamer a new outlet.

Still, I agree with the strategy of buying games for pennies, and then saving them up. It's worked well so far.

There's not much to interest me today. DoWII: Retribution won't tempt me until the DLC goes on sale too. As it is, all of the DLC is more than the game's full retail price. The only thing I'm tempted to buy is The Witcher 2, but I may just wait for the winter sale and hope it comes down some more.

2326 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo