Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2327 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2011, 10:44 Bucky

It's a surprise that Chrome keeps giving you that error, I've been using it for a couple of years now and I've never seen that. Considering I still haven't broken myself of the habit of closing the browser instead of just minimizing it, you'd think I'd have seen it at least once by now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
5. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 12, 2011, 12:10 Bucky

I'd hoped this would be a decent CPU, but it doesn't look that way. At this point I'm just going to stretch my i7 920 and 5850 into next march, when Ivy Bridge and nVidia's Kepler should be about ready to hit.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 23:43 Bucky

As has been said, don't even bother playing TQ without the fan patch. It's a pure community bug-fix patch, which is necessary to make a number of skills work correctly.

Also, Dream+anything is pretty much a win.

I've enjoyed TQ and Torchlight and put a ton of time into each. While TQ is certainly more fleshed-out, I prefer the pacing and combat of Torchlight. I'd have to give the win, narrowly, to Torchlight.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 11, 2011, 23:38 Bucky

Dev wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 19:38:
Looks like they are actively going into bug hunting mode on psychonauts, I'm impressed.

I doubt it would happen, but I'd buy DLC for that game if they made some.

I picked this up on a sale awhile ago based on the word of mouth I'd heard. I think now is a good time to give it a play through while I wait for BF3, Torchlight 2 and Skyrim.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Pre-Purchases; Valve Bonuses
4. Re: Dungeon Defenders Pre-Purchases; Valve Bonuses Oct 8, 2011, 17:30 Bucky

spindoctor wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 17:08:
Bucky wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 12:25:
It's this or Orcs Must Die, though it's hard to choose without a demo for Dungeon Defenders.

If you have Android it's free on the marketplace and you can check it out to see if you like it. The PC version will be different no doubt but it's better than nothing.

Alternatively, they have an old, proof of concept type prototype demo which you can try out - http://www.udk.com/showcase-dungeon-defense

That's good to know. I may make the attempt, though it'll probably just make my Droid cry. Google really needs to release the Nexus Prime before my phone quits altogether...

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Pre-Purchases; Valve Bonuses
1. Re: Dungeon Defenders Pre-Purchases; Valve Bonuses Oct 8, 2011, 12:25 Bucky

It's this or Orcs Must Die, though it's hard to choose without a demo for Dungeon Defenders. DD looks like it has more polish and replayability, so I may gamble with a preorder based on that alone.  

News Comments > BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues
29. Re: BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues Oct 7, 2011, 14:17 Bucky

bawaga wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 13:39:
So many issues and bugs that it blows my mind that it was released to public for testing.

That statement just makes my head hurt. This was put out as a BETA, not a Demo. As such, you can and should expect bugs, glitches, and general wonkiness galore. I think companies should get in the habit of leaving several glaring bugs or incomplete portions of their game alone, during a beta test, just to help remind people of the actual purpose of the beta test. You put them up on a known and fixed list, and move along.

News Comments > BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues
12. Re: BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues Oct 7, 2011, 11:48 Bucky

Thank god they've fixed the blue screen bug, that one drove me nuts.

I can't wait for BF3, I haven't had a good multiplayer fix in ages.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2011, 12:44 Bucky

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 11:16:
That's ok, my first thought was a dinosaur, and I reread it several times, scratching my head...

That was mine as well. I'd actually pictured a velociraptor perched in a tree before things finally fell into place. I should probably start drinking coffee in the morning...

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Oct 5, 2011, 11:37 Bucky

That article was such a clear piece of garbage that I didn't even bother reading it, and normally I'll at least give them a look for entertainment purposes. Instead I fired up a video game, and rather than waste time responding directly to that article, I'm going to do so again.  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Demo and Pre-Purchases
23. Re: Orcs Must Die! Demo and Pre-Purchases Oct 5, 2011, 00:01 Bucky

Slashman wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:36:
Bucky wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:21:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:09:
Isn't each fortress actually made up of several levels? I got the impression that the demo was part of the first fortress and had a few levels from the start.

I don't think each individual level is a separate fort. Could be wrong, though.

Ah, if that's the case it's an instant purchase. Now I need to go find out.

If you find out...let me know! I'm really liking the looks of this game. Still enjoying Sanctum right now, in fact.

Everything I've read leads me to believe that each fortress is a level, leaving you with 24 throughout the campaign. Unfortunately I can't find anything solid to back that with, I'm just making that assumption based on the way a number of previews read. I thought I'd found the answer at one point, only to realize I had Googled my way back to this thread.

11. Re: Orcs Must Die! Demo and Pre-Purchases Oct 4, 2011, 14:21 Bucky

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:09:
Isn't each fortress actually made up of several levels? I got the impression that the demo was part of the first fortress and had a few levels from the start.

I don't think each individual level is a separate fort. Could be wrong, though.

Ah, if that's the case it's an instant purchase. Now I need to go find out.

9. Re: Orcs Must Die! Demo and Pre-Purchases Oct 4, 2011, 13:46 Bucky

nin wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 13:24:
How long did the 3 from the demo take you to get through?

I was probably in the game for a total of 30 minutes, and some of that was spent messing around with settings and getting my bearings. My best guess is that I spent 20 minutes or so actually playing.

I'm sure the game has replay value, with an unlockable difficulty and upgrades for the traps, but I'm not sure the length justifies $15. I may wait for a sale to push it under $10 before I buy.

6. Re: Orcs Must Die! Demo and Pre-Purchases Oct 4, 2011, 13:16 Bucky

Yup, the demo is a lot of fun. My only question at this point is around the length of the game. I'm going to have to do a little research to see if it's been mentioned anywhere.

Beware of V-Sync. I turn it on out of habit, and it added some input lag for me. Everything was fine once I switched it off, and I didn't see any noticeable tearing during gameplay.

2. Re: Orcs Must Die! Demo and Pre-Purchases Oct 4, 2011, 12:40 Bucky

I'm downloading the demo now, hopefully I'll have some time to put into this before work.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 2, 2011, 20:22 Bucky

Dead Island, The Witcher 2 and Deus Ex are all high on my to-buy list, but I've already got the rest of the year booked with Battlefield 3, Skyrim and *crosses fingers* Torchlight 2. I also continue to buy indie titles which lays claim to the rest of my free moments. I just grabbed The Binding of Isaac, which is a good game wrapped in a really disturbing theme.  

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
85. Re: What's it take to get banned? Oct 2, 2011, 14:11 Bucky

Blue wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 12:45:
...but I'm seeing more and more discontent here about they crap that goes on due to lax moderation, so I'm going to tighten things up a bit out of respect for those of you who don't need to be policed to act like adults, and that will be the first step.

This is a welcome step. I've taken to avoiding the comments lately for that very reason. It's sad to say, but when someone said "Welcome to Blue's News" regarding this thread, I couldn't help but agree. While some moderation will help, I think we all need to make an effort to improve the discussion around here. I'd hate to have people start abandoning the site simply because we can't control ourselves.

___

Regarding Rage, what are the thoughts on the game? It's iDs first direct production in awhile, and while I'd love to have it on day one I haven't yet purchased it. I'm still smarting from the mistake that was Brink; a Bethesda published game with a $60 price tag makes me wary now.

As for Carmack getting out, I think it's great. I'd be in line if I was anywhere near the area. It'd be better for us PC gamers if he did it at a different store, but brick & mortar PC game stores just don't exist anymore.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch; Pricing Details
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:04 Bucky

I want to be excited for this, but every time I see the game in action I can't help but think 'meh'.

I think they would have been better off doing another KotOR or something similar, but that's just me. I'll wait to see what people think of ToR before I decide.

News Comments > Diablo III in Early 2012; Beta to Expand
2. Re: Diablo III in Early 2012 Sep 23, 2011, 09:38 Bucky

I'd actually planned on grabbing this over Torchlight 2, and then picking up TL2 later on. It looks like they'll be spaced out enough where I can get both now--provided Torchlight 2 doesn't slip.

Still, I'm terrified of what will happen during the winter Steam sale. My wishlist is going to get a LOT longer before the end of the year...

News Comments > Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints?
7. Re: Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints? Sep 22, 2011, 14:37 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 13:15:
I don't want hints or teases I want solid confirmation that EP3 or HL3 is on the way, dammit!

I don't want to hear about it until the gone gold announcement. Knowing Valve Time like we all do, an announcement that comes any sooner will leave us all waiting for several years.

2327 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo