Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2330 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours?
41. Re: Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours? Nov 15, 2011, 13:26 Bucky

fujiJuice wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 13:19:
Bucky wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 12:56:
The UI still irritates me, not because it sucks with the mouse (I just use the keyboard) but because so much is hidden. I just figured out that you hit R to unlock shouts with stored up dragon souls. Every time I'd tried to select a new shout, it had just said I needed a dragon soul. I'd pushed along in the relevant quest lines, killed dragons and then immediately tried to select the shout.....and then 20 minutes ago I accidentally stumbled across how to do it. Bah!

It should unlock on selection, but to be fair it does tell you at the bottom that R will unlock it.

*loads Skyrim*

Embarassed

Clearly, I'm an idiot. The shouts don't unlock on selection with the mouse, but the information on how to unlock them is given. Thank you for pointing out that I've spent over 30 hours of time in Skyrim with an IQ that rivals a cabbage.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours?
37. Re: Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours? Nov 15, 2011, 12:56 Bucky

I've actually been pretty lucky with loot, scrolls in particular keep coming up big for me. Anything enchanted I tear apart if I can't use it, and all crafting materials get sold. That's the nice thing about being a mage focusing on enchanting--you don't carry around very much. I've only got about 50lbs of gear on me when I've cleaned out my inventory.

The UI still irritates me, not because it sucks with the mouse (I just use the keyboard) but because so much is hidden. I just figured out that you hit R to unlock shouts with stored up dragon souls. Every time I'd tried to select a new shout, it had just said I needed a dragon soul. I'd pushed along in the relevant quest lines, killed dragons and then immediately tried to select the shout.....and then 20 minutes ago I accidentally stumbled across how to do it. Bah!

News Comments > 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim
57. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 13, 2011, 12:06 Bucky

I'm on a 5850, and the one thing I am getting is massive framerate drops on occasion. I'll be running around and suddenly I'll go from a solid 60fps to 4, then after 10-60 seconds it recovers. I've yet to be able to figure out why, but it's annoying. Other than that the game is rock solid; it ran through a 6 hours marathon without a hitch.  

29. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 13, 2011, 00:06 Bucky

eunichron wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 23:33:
Bhruic wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 23:09:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 20:33:
have killed two dragons in total, wandered around a bit, and have played nearly 16hrs so far. And I'm only level 5...ah yeah.

Really? You can kill dragons at level 5? That's a bit disappointing.

It depends. There are standard, unnamed, dragons that are pretty easy to kill. Some of the named ones are quite a bit more difficult. What I don't like about them is they rely almost entirely on their breaths, once they land they stop attacking entirely and give you some free hits before taking off again. Would be nice to see them engage in ground/melee combat to make them even more of a challenge.

The one that killed my mount was chewing on my horses' head between flame blasts. It looked like a rather deadly combination.

I've also seen a dragon attack a small village, and all the villagers start attacking and chasing the dragon. Suicidal group, those poor villagers. They did soften up the beastie rather nicely, though.

14. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 21:12 Bucky

Pumas wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 19:33:
Bought a horse
Surprised by a troll while riding horse
Dismounted and attacked troll
Troll ignored me and attacked horse
Killed horse
WTF? Trolled by troll?

Bought a horse
Surprised by a dragon while riding horse at night
Dismounted and watched dragon kill wolves
Horse decided to attack dragon
Horse died
I killed dragon
That dragon was not worth 1000 gold pieces.

I appear to have very bad luck regarding dragons.

6. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 19:03 Bucky

Heck, I still don't have a horse. I'd rather run around seeing everything I can, not to mention saving the 1000 gold since I apparently need to buy every spell I see.

This game is amazing though. I just fought off a few wolves (easy) only just as I finished electrocuting the last wolf two dragons dropped onto my head. Needless to say, it did not go well for me. After the reload I decided to jump off the nearby waterfall, only to have it wash my into a small village. Right now I'd say Skyrim is tied with Portal 2 for my GotY vote.

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
74. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 14:56 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 14:51:
Also I'm surprised how much I'm using a bow as I didn't intend to, but it's hard to hunt otherwise so far. Hell, it's hard to hunt anyway untill I get my stealth up. Those elk just take off so fast from so far away.

So far I've rolled a destruction mage and a sword and board warrior, but in both cases I find myself preferring to stealth and use a bow. I'm probably going to roll another character after work with a sneak/archery focus, and then try to stick with one character for a bit.

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
64. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 14:15 Bucky

wtf_man wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 13:53:
Loving the game so far... didn't expect an epic sized dungeon on my first side quest (Trader at Riverwood)... I've literally spent 4 hours from beginning through first side quest... and obviously I've barely scratch the surface of the game.

The UI is a little weird on the PC, but other than that... no complaints, no crashes, no glitches (well other than accidentally kicking objects, like skeleton rib cages).

Well... back to the game!

Yeah, that Riverwood Trader side quest is a great introduction to the game. It's also not 100% scripted, as I ran through it with two characters and encountered different undead enemies.

News Comments > Skyrim Reviews
97. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 11, 2011, 02:02 Bucky

Kastagir wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 01:29:
Has anyone been able to rotate items in your inventory when using the mouse+keyboard? I can't seem to figure out how to do this on the PC. Is a controller actually required for this? That would be crazy.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's hold RMB and rotate. I'd jump back in to double-check, but then it'll be sunrise...

Having a blast so far. Almost no technical issues, and no problem with key strangeness. I loot all, and my viewpoint is fine. The only problem I've noticed is some weird framerate crashes when I hit the map (either going to or coming out of) that corrects itself after a few seconds. It's random, and not really a big deal--because I don't need directions.

While the UI isn't great, it's not horrible either. I'm willing to put up with it. Now I just need to start a new character, because it's clear that a High Elf Mage is not my preferred play style right now.

86. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 11, 2011, 00:15 Bucky

Thanks to Creston and RPS I'm now sitting here, attempting to will the game to decrypt faster. I still have absolutely what kind of build I'm going to start as.  

6. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 10, 2011, 12:13 Bucky

Verno wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 11:49:
The RPS review is a pretty good write up as well - RPS Wot I think.

The RPS WOT I Think sold me, now it's sitting here ready to go. Damnit. I was really trying to avoid more big game purchases this year.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Celeb Trailer
10. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Celeb Trailer Nov 6, 2011, 22:26 Bucky

Battlefield 3 will keep me clear of this, but I did enjoy the commercial .  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Improvements
42. Re: Battlefield 3 Improvements Nov 4, 2011, 09:46 Bucky

Verno wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 09:39:
Honestly, the more I use Battlelog the more I like it. If they gave me the ability to set up loadouts (and make presets) in Battlelog I'd be in heaven.

That's a great idea Bucky, I really wish they would implement it. That big GIF of UI improvements that someone put together would be nice too. My biggest hope is for some balance changes to things like IRNV, the mobile AA and so on. Most importantly, the game needs at least squad-level VoIP without making "parties" in battlelog. The game simply moves too quickly to type things out and it would go a long way towards improving the quality of play on most servers.

An update for Battlelog just went out, and apparently they've got a forum for suggestions. One of the top ideas is what I just suggested, so I've gotta go there and throw my support behind it now.

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Improvements
39. Re: Battlefield 3 Improvements Nov 4, 2011, 09:35 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 02:52:
Is this the patch that makes it a non browser game!?

Honestly, the more I use Battlelog the more I like it. If they gave me the ability to set up loadouts (and make presets) in Battlelog I'd be in heaven.

I've had almost no issue with the game since launch. My two biggest complaints are the lack of integrated voice with the game, and absolutely no way to communicate with people not on your friends list during Co-Op missions. God, I need to get all those Co-Op unlocks so I don't have to deal with that anymore....

Other than that, the game is a gem. I'm having a stupid amount of fun playing it, and I've even learned to not crash helicopters.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2011, 14:04 Bucky

PHJF wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 13:40:
Bastion is $7.50 on Steam right now.

At that price, everyone should own it. Great game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2011, 11:36 Bucky

kanniballl wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 10:26:
So here we are, Wednesday morning and still no power or heat since Saturday morning.

This sucks. My only browsing is via work, nothing to do at night, and it's freezing cold. When it started, the hotels were all booked up... now I don't know if it's worth it to stay at one as I *hope* (or at least imagine) we'll get it back within a few days.

20+ years in this town, and this has never happened to our house. This sucks.

I wonder if the town will be restored by Friday's planned "Halloween" rain date?

I got home from work last night to find that power had finally returned. Judging from my clocks, I'd say I was without power for 73 hours, not bad considering the entire town and several neighboring towns were listed as 100% without power. It's not easy to fix either, as frequently the outages are on a street-by-street basis because so many trees came down. I could hear branches breaking every few minutes Saturday night.

Truthfully, I had it easy. I'm a single apartment dweller, so all I had to do was toss everything in the fridge and tough out the cold for a few days (I've decided to keep the beard). It was amusing when I had to open the windows yesterday to warm up the apartment.

News Comments > The Humble Voxatron Debut Expands
3. Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut Expands Nov 2, 2011, 00:05 Bucky

$5 is worth it for The Binding of Isaac alone, provided you can get past the theme they used for the game.  

News Comments > Electronic Arts 2Q Financials - BF3 Ships 10M
18. Re: Electronic Arts 2Q Financials - BF3 Ships 10M Oct 28, 2011, 01:13 Bucky

mag wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 00:35:
entr0py wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 00:19:
LittleMe wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 23:39:
mag wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 23:32:
I still can't play BF2 because Punkbuster kicks me out every 15 seconds. Did they fix that?

Yes but only if you install Punkbuster after installing BF3.

edit: configure and update it for BF3.

Yeah, it was nice to see they posted a prominent notice on battlelog detailing how to manually update punkbuster. I got the "kicked by administrator" bug on one server, if not for that notice I would have just assumed I was getting kicked to make room for clan members.

It's incredible that after sooo many years they still can't get punkbuster to autoupdate, check for the newest version, or give useful error messages reliably. But at least the update worked and only took a couple minutes.

Jesus. I was kidding. I didn't think that they could actually still be having those problems.

I was getting kicked at the end of rounds, and had also assumed that I was just being removed to make room. I did the update though, just to be sure, and suddenly I can play more than one round on a server.

The AA vehicles, with a secondary missile, are lethal. I may not be able to fly worth a damn, so I'm gonna make sure no one else can either.

News Comments > Electronic Arts 2Q Financials - BF3 Ships 10M
11. Re: Electronic Arts 2Q Financials - BF3 Ships 10M Oct 27, 2011, 23:41 Bucky

I'm at the point with BF3 where I know I'll be playing it for a long time, and it's a rare game that triggers that sort of thinking in me. I'm actually considering putting off the Skyrim purchase, because between BF3 and the hopeful release of Torchlight 2 I don't anticipate any more free gaming time.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3
22. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 09:47 Bucky

I for one am glad there are no bots in my multiplayer games. I've hated that since it first started being done, and no amount of server filtering ever seems to ensure that I won't see bots.

Favorite BF3 moment so far: I decided to finally play as a sniper, and I'm moving up on a mcom position. As I'm scanning a ridge, I see a friendly about to lose his dogtags. I fire off 3 quick shots, and save my teammate. I love that they altered the knife to be a long, slow animation--it gets rid of all the BS knife kills from BC2. The knife is still a viable option, but you'd better be careful when you use it.

2330 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo