Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2330 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Interview
16. Re: Torchlight 2 Interview Dec 6, 2011, 23:41 Bucky

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 20:33:
Doesn't matter if TL2 and D3 were exactly the same and released on the same day, one is $60 and one is what, $20? Less?

$20

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Interview
6. Re: Torchlight 2 Interview Dec 6, 2011, 14:52 Bucky

Optional nickname wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 12:29:
IF I were project lead on TL2, I'd have cancelled the game altogether by now. D3 is around the corner.

There's quite a bit of difference between the two games, not the least of which is the level of control each developer is imposing upon the game. D3 is going to be locked down, while Torchlight 2 will be open to modding and the like. Runic has said they aren't particularly worried about Diablo 3 given how different the two games are, not to mention that the original Torchlight had lengthy and sustained sales which I'd imagine they expect with the sequel. There's also the not-so-small issue of budget, Torchlight 2 won't have to sell nearly as many copies as Diablo 3 in order to break even.

I'm practically foaming at the mouth for either game, and both Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 will be pre-order puchases. Now if only either company would give me a release date!

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today
8. Re: No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today Dec 6, 2011, 11:07 Bucky

3.9 GB update. I guess I'll go get groceries while I wait...  

News Comments > BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates
27. Re: The real change-log; Client R3 + Server R11 on 6DEC Dec 3, 2011, 00:45 Bucky

Once this patch lands, I'll be playing BF3 again. Lots of excellent balance work in there.  

News Comments > BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates
12. Re: BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates Dec 2, 2011, 13:42 Bucky

Verno wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 12:33:
Matshock wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 11:33:
I pre-ordered so I'll be happy to play Karkand while waiting for them to improve the other maps.

Some balance fixes on the unlocks have been blogged about by DICE- flashlight and IRNV nerfs are on deck. I haven't heard anything about frag rounds or guided tank rounds yet though.

Guided tank rounds by themselves are fine, it's the fact that they're a fairly deep in MBT unlock that's kind of shitty. Just an example of the types of balance problems present in the unlock system. They managed to get most of the guns close together in terms of performance but the attachments/unlocks are where the problem lies IMO.

I hate to say it, but CoD:Black Ops had one of the best unlocking systems, in my opinion. At a certain level the weapon would unlock, then you spent cash for whichever weapon attachments you wanted. Allowing for some level of discretionary unlocking on the players part is still the best way to go, I think.

News Comments > BRINK Free Weekend
6. Re: BRINK Free Weekend Dec 1, 2011, 23:49 Bucky

The only good thing about Brink is that it has made me much more cautious when it comes to pre-orders.

I haven't been so disappointed by a game in a long, long time.

News Comments > Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale
5. Re: Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale Dec 1, 2011, 14:50 Bucky

Halo wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 14:47:
I tried this and have one question, does the digging speed up? I mean I was getting a little sick of mining one pixel at a time...

It will always be one block at a time with the pickaxe, though you can create new ones that will go through a given material faster, say 1 hit to mine a stone block instead of 4.

Then there's explosives, which are entertaining and will definitely remove more than one pixel.

News Comments > Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale
2. Re: Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale Dec 1, 2011, 14:40 Bucky

Crap. Now I really need to finish my first Skyrim playthrough so I can get back into Terraria, though that may not be a wise decision. This game has the habit of making hours disappear.

For $2.50, everyone should own it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2011, 11:00 Bucky

*sigh*

That HL:Origins teaser only serves to remind me of just how much I want the next installment in the series. One day Valve will announce the next game, and I'll probably drop dead from pure joy before I ever get to play it.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer
10. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 11:58 Bucky

A lot of this is the reason I'd switched to Rush instead of Conquest--everything plays better in Rush in my opinion. Even 32 player conquest is typically superior, though it begs the question of why bother supporting 64 players if you aren't going to design the game around that kind of player count.

BF3 is starting to call my name again, and I've just about hitthe wall with Skyrim, so that extended leave from BF3 should end soon.

News Comments > On Sale
28. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2011, 01:00 Bucky

Dungeons of Dredmor made it into the library late, when I noticed it going for $2.50. At that price, and with the almost universal praise I've seen it get, I couldn't pass it up.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2011, 14:10 Bucky

$10 for the entire Dead Space franchise should be an instant purchase for anyone that hasn't played them.

This is the first Steam sale that's gone past where I've purchased so little: only Orcs Must Die+DLC found it's way into my library. I think a lot of it has to do with the ridiculous number of excellent games that have come out in the last few months; I'm simply content with what I have in front of me right now, so I can wait for better sales later on.

Fortunately there's not much due in the next year or so (that I know of) that has my attention, so I'll hopefully have some time to catch up on all the gaming that needs to be done. Now if only Runic or Blizzard would hurry up and give me my hack-n-slash fix....

News Comments > AMD Catalyst 11.11b Performance Drivers
2. Re: AMD Catalyst 11.11b Performance Drivers Nov 26, 2011, 18:30 Bucky

The performance gain on Skyrim with my 5850 was noticeable, but I've also picked up a silent CTD while playing. I don't know if this is due to the small Skyrim patch or the new drivers, but the 11.11b are installing now, so we'll find out.  

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 20:53 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 19:07:
Bucky wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 18:16:
nin wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 17:50:
Yo Bucky! I see Runespell is on your wish list - it's down to $2.50. I gotta grab that one this weekend.

My first thought reading that was "It is?" I'll have to pick that one up on the last day. My Steam sale rule of thumb is that if it's 75%+ off or under $5 I'll buy it for later, though that's a large part of the reason why my Steam library just continues to grow.

I'm hoping Hard Reset will get a daily sale--I had a lot of fun with the demo and it would make for a good diversion from Skyrim (while I wait for the tactical light in BF3 to finally get turned down).

Wasn't hard reset 75% on the FIRST day:??

I know SOMETIMES they do all of the sales over on the LAST day.....who knows.

Unless I missed a day, no, I'm pretty sure it hasn't had a daily sale yet. Does anyone know of a way (or website) to track the old sales? I'm gonna try lookin' through Blue's sales listing, but I'm hoping for something a bit easier to wade through.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 18:16 Bucky

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 17:50:
Yo Bucky! I see Runespell is on your wish list - it's down to $2.50. I gotta grab that one this weekend.

My first thought reading that was "It is?" I'll have to pick that one up on the last day. My Steam sale rule of thumb is that if it's 75%+ off or under $5 I'll buy it for later, though that's a large part of the reason why my Steam library just continues to grow.

I'm hoping Hard Reset will get a daily sale--I had a lot of fun with the demo and it would make for a good diversion from Skyrim (while I wait for the tactical light in BF3 to finally get turned down).

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 17:47 Bucky

Alamar wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 17:33:
Was waiting for this thread to say this...

Dead Island and Deus Ex at $25, but Space Marine at $33.5 seemed so odd to me...

-Alamar

All of those games are on my list, but with the number of games I have right now I'll wait until they all hit better (75%+) sales before I pick them up. There are just too many good games this year. It doesn't help that Skryim is taking up every minute of gametime I have, either.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
48. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 01:13 Bucky

spindoctor wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 00:36:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 20:55:
PropheT wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 20:54:
Bucky wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 18:25:
Edit: Huh, Steam seems to have forgotten all of my payment information. That's a sign I'm going to choose to ignore....

I think they cleared all of it from the system after the forum hack rather than requiring people to come and do it themselves.

meh. Mine was still there.

Steam removes linked credit card information when a user changes his password.

I did not know that. It certainly explains it, since I changed my password after the forum hack, even though I don't use their forums. It's actually a good security measure, now that I think about it.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
21. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 23, 2011, 18:25 Bucky

Prez wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 17:57:
God they're starting already??? Uhoh

I had the exact same thought. OMD is today's purchase, we'll see what the rest of the week does to my wallet.

Edit: Huh, Steam seems to have forgotten all of my payment information. That's a sign I'm going to choose to ignore....

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 19, 2011, 16:20 Bucky

Impressive.  

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
31. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Nov 16, 2011, 00:30 Bucky

gilly775 wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 22:04:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 19:30:
I'm using a 5770, and Skyrim has been extremely stable with the 11.10, and now 11.11 drivers. Around 10 hours in, and no crashes. In fact, it's running the game flawlessly.

Ditto here with no crashes.

30+ hours here with no crashes, though my framerate will occasionally tank for very brief periods with no clear reason why. This is on a 5850, but I'm not even certain it's a video related issue.

2330 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo