Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Tampa, FL 10/09
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2337 (Senior)
User ID 18104
User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears
101. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 23:53 Bucky
If people don't like what Blizzard is doing with Diablo 3, why not set your sights on another game? Torchlight 2 is around the corner, and I think Grim Dawn is targeted for this year as well.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
40. Re: the best gaming experience Feb 24, 2012, 14:20 Bucky
I'm not a fan of the new skills UI either, but the beginner friendly system has actually helped me, so clearly they've met the design goal. It seems like the new skills UI is focused on helping a person build a balanced character, which I wasn't doing before. I prefer to have full tooltips (can't wait until they fix the settings bug), and I'm sure once I have a better handle on the classes I'll switch to the advanced skill setup selection.  
19. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 11:23 Bucky
Alamar wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 11:10:
For me, this is now a Day 1 purchase. I have really enjoyed the beta, and while there are still some connection issues, I'm confident they'll be fixed shortly after release heh...

I pre-ordered D3 last night. I've been a critic of D3 in the past, but Beta 13 made a lot of improvements to the game that I approve of. Blizzard seems intent on questioning every design decision in the game, which ends up being a good thing (e.g. no more skill points) but does hurt them a bit in that delays are inevitable. Their communication and interaction with the community is fantastic, too. Granted, they suck with announcements and release dates, but that's a trade-off I can live with.

I'm still not entirely certain their servers will be up to the task at launch, but if there's one thing Blizzard has experience with it's managing a large number of online players.
News Comments > Battlefield 3 Weapon Tweaks Planned
7. Re: Battlefield 3 Weapon Tweaks Planned Feb 23, 2012, 10:37 Bucky
Draugr wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 02:03:
FirstSRecoilMul 2 -> 2.4 -> 2.0

Thats quite the bump on the recoil mutliplier

It was. The last change reverted back to the current recoil modifier. There's no saying it won't be changed again come patch time, but as of the latest update it had been left alone.
News Comments > Battlefield 3 Weapon Tweaks Planned
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Weapon Tweaks Planned Feb 22, 2012, 23:57 Bucky
I just got back into BF3 over the weekend, and I like most of these changes. The fore grip change is the most significant, as it will reduce horizontal recoil less (mini-nerf) but will also increase minimum spread (if I'm reading it right-big nerf). It's gone from being a must have attachment to, in my eyes, dropping it in favor of something else.

My preference is for medium rate of fire weapons with good recoil and spread, which is why the M416 is still my favorite gun. Fortunately it looks like it's been left alone, except for the damage buff that all of the assault rifles are getting.
News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups
2. Re: Guild Wars II Beta Signups Feb 22, 2012, 13:46 Bucky
I've been trying very hard not to pay attention to Guild Wars 2. I put more time into Guild Wars than I've put into any other game, and with Guild Wars 2 continuing to look completely awesome, I'm afraid that the anticipation alone may kill me.

I really hope they wait until Fall to release GW2. I'd like to be outside this summer.
News Comments > Gaslamp Games Interview
1. Re: Gaslamp Games Interview Feb 19, 2012, 09:53 Bucky
I was browsing through my Steam library the other day and remembered that I'd picked Dungeons of Dredmor up; I've been playing it since yesterday and I've just come to realize how brilliant it is. For $5, everyone should own this game.  
News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend
9. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 14:19 Bucky
Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 09:21:
I tried this for all of 2 hours before deleting it. Wow, what terrible, terrible multiplayer.

I didn't even make it that long. I've been a fan of the CoD games in the past, but this cow is completely dry now. The game has aged, badly, and it seems all of the map designs were done by people who think the old deathmatch 'killbox' maps were the best thing ever. Frankly, the game looks, and plays, horrible. All that money and an incredibly popular franchise--you'd think they would try to improve on the brand instead of drive it into the ground.

BF3's infantry combat, alone, is far superior to MW3. The one good thing about this free weekend is that it's rekindled my interest in multiplayer FPS--I'm gonna have to play me some more BF3 this weekend.
News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 17, 2012, 10:10 Bucky
I'd made the switch to Firefox as my primary browser a week ago, and three days later was back to using Chrome. Firefox had slowed to a crawl after a day of was eating over 1.5GB of memory. I don't know if this was FF or an extension, but since FF without the extensions isn't better than Chrome, it doesn't matter.

I just wish Google would add a real bookmark manager to Chrome.
News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
16. No subject Feb 12, 2012, 01:44 Bucky
Shok wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 13:50:
I finally just made Chrome my default browser the other day. Firefox causes my video card to crash regularly with the nvidia VPU recovery nonsense. After installing Chrome it's amazing how much faster browsing seems now.

Funny, today I made the switch back to Firefox as my default browser after having had Chrome in that spot for a few years. There's no noticeable performance difference to me, Firefox works better with a few flaky websites, and the Firefox extensions still can't be beat.

What really drove the switch was Chrome's shitty download and bookmark managers, with no good extensions to improve them because of the way Chrome is designed. Sure, a bad extension in Firefox can cause more problems, but the access it has to the browser is also what makes them better.

I discovered Tab Grouping shortly after transitioning all of my bookmarks, and it sealed the deal. I'll still keep Chrome (and Opera) installed, but for now Firefox wins.
News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 9, 2012, 12:28 Bucky
The fast pace of releases is nice, because it gets us updates and new features a lot quicker. It has the added benefit of making version numbers almost meaningless, so there's no longer a huge marketing push every time a new version is released.  
News Comments > Steam for Mobile Released
3. Re: Steam for Mobile Released Feb 1, 2012, 01:02 Bucky
And we're yet another step closer to a single device handling all of our gaming needs. Allow me to drop the phone into a dock that already has a standard PC setup (keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers) and I'll be in gaming heaven.

It will also mean I'll have no escape from my addiction. The day gaming heaven arrives I might have to quit cold-turkey in order to survive.

For an early mass release, the Steam phone app runs surprisingly well. Now they just have to add support for games in your library that have Android (or iOS) versions and make them playable (see the current Humble Android Bundle)
News Comments > Screenshots
4. Re: Screenshots Jan 18, 2012, 23:50 Bucky
nin wrote on Jan 18, 2012, 21:09:
Hope they release the extra content for free to previous owners...

They never have announced what they're doing, have they? I saw it was on sale with the steam holiday sale, but I couldn't see buying it w/o knowing what their plans were...

Nope. I went digging around for the information for that very reason. I'll just keep waiting until they actually decide to enlighten potential customers...
News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Prerelease Demo Plans
6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Prerelease Demo Plans Jan 10, 2012, 14:20 Bucky
Meh. It's a pre-order anyway.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
4. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 9, 2012, 14:17 Bucky
Verno wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 12:39:
There's no way I'm dropping that kind of cash on a videocard anymore when you can get by with years old equipment due to console development targets.

Sad, but oh so true. My system is closing in on 3 years old, and except for an upgrade to a 5850 nothing else has been changed. I can play BF3 and Skyrim on high detail without a problem, and everything else released is significantly less demanding than those two games.

I'd like to build a new system when Intel's Ivy Bridge and nVidia's Kepler are released this spring, but I just can't justify the cost when my system isn't the limiting factor. Heck, my most anticipated 2012 games (Torchlight 2, Mass Effect 3, Guild Wars 2) will all likely run just fine on what I have.

I'll probably just pop a solid state drive in, and then squeeze another year or two out of what I already have. I imagine in 5-10 years we'll just be dropping our phones into docks and using them as the primary gaming device, anyway.
News Comments > Steam Soars
29. Re: Steam Soars Jan 5, 2012, 00:45 Bucky
Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 20:16:
PHJF wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 19:53:
Where have you heard that GW2 is coming soon?

They started closed beta a few weeks back so sometime in the next 3-6 months is a good bet.

So I only have 3-6 months left to live, then.

Guild Wars is the only game that ever held me for years, and GW2 looks so much better...
News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 2, 2012, 17:44 Bucky
Jerykk wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 17:34:
On a brighter note, good to see DX:HR back on the charts. Seriously underrated game and my personal choice for GotY.

My rule this sale was nothing over $5, but after hearing so many good things about DX:HR here (and after being so disappointed by DW:IW) I broke and picked it up +the DLC. Enjoying it so far, though I've only just scratched the surface.
News Comments > Mobilization
3. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 13:02 Bucky
Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 12:18:
Hoping some good oll internet law degrees drop in but...

As Verizon changes their billing policy doesn't that give you the 30 day right to back out of your contract? Something with a contract being changed you are free to back out of it without penalty?

Or since it's your choice how to pay it doesn't matter? They're just passing along the charges to their customers?

It's not a change in fees, it's just a fee for a one-time payment method, so it won't alter the contract.

I pay all my bills online, and I prefer to do it with a one-time credit card transaction, but more and more sites are charging a fee for this. With a credit card I'm protected if the information gets stolen, and by not making it a recurring charge I'll actually keep an eye on my bills.
News Comments > BF3 Famas Rifle Changes Planned
22. Re: BF3 Famas Rifle Changes Planned Dec 28, 2011, 14:45 Bucky
Matshock wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 14:01:
Seriously though, the pilot/gunner hear a lock tone when you've got a SAM locked on them- they don't get an actual launch warning.

Just wait for them to pop flares, wait a second or two depending on how fast they're moving then fire.

Actually, there's a lock tone and then there's a 'pinging' tone when the missile is actively tracking you. I know better than to pop the flares before the missile is on the way, though occasionally it's on me too fast to even get the flares off.

With that said, I've found focusing on the ground game to be more effective for me. While everyone else is flying around and neutralizing each other I'm running around capturing flags.
News Comments > BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack
3. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 20, 2011, 23:42 Bucky
Meh. I've had the pack the whole time, and the only thing I ever used for any length of time was the Type-88, and it was only briefly.

I'd much rather they put out a patch for in-game VoIP. I hate to even say it, but I'd pay to see it done.
2337 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

Blue's News logo