Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2326 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam for Mobile Released
3. Re: Steam for Mobile Released Feb 1, 2012, 01:02 Bucky

And we're yet another step closer to a single device handling all of our gaming needs. Allow me to drop the phone into a dock that already has a standard PC setup (keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers) and I'll be in gaming heaven.

It will also mean I'll have no escape from my addiction. The day gaming heaven arrives I might have to quit cold-turkey in order to survive.

For an early mass release, the Steam phone app runs surprisingly well. Now they just have to add support for games in your library that have Android (or iOS) versions and make them playable (see the current Humble Android Bundle)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Screenshots
4. Re: Screenshots Jan 18, 2012, 23:50 Bucky

nin wrote on Jan 18, 2012, 21:09:
Hope they release the extra content for free to previous owners...

They never have announced what they're doing, have they? I saw it was on sale with the steam holiday sale, but I couldn't see buying it w/o knowing what their plans were...

Nope. I went digging around for the information for that very reason. I'll just keep waiting until they actually decide to enlighten potential customers...

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Prerelease Demo Plans
6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Prerelease Demo Plans Jan 10, 2012, 14:20 Bucky

Meh. It's a pre-order anyway.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
4. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 9, 2012, 14:17 Bucky

Verno wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 12:39:
There's no way I'm dropping that kind of cash on a videocard anymore when you can get by with years old equipment due to console development targets.

Sad, but oh so true. My system is closing in on 3 years old, and except for an upgrade to a 5850 nothing else has been changed. I can play BF3 and Skyrim on high detail without a problem, and everything else released is significantly less demanding than those two games.

I'd like to build a new system when Intel's Ivy Bridge and nVidia's Kepler are released this spring, but I just can't justify the cost when my system isn't the limiting factor. Heck, my most anticipated 2012 games (Torchlight 2, Mass Effect 3, Guild Wars 2) will all likely run just fine on what I have.

I'll probably just pop a solid state drive in, and then squeeze another year or two out of what I already have. I imagine in 5-10 years we'll just be dropping our phones into docks and using them as the primary gaming device, anyway.

News Comments > Steam Soars
29. Re: Steam Soars Jan 5, 2012, 00:45 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 20:16:
PHJF wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 19:53:
Where have you heard that GW2 is coming soon?

They started closed beta a few weeks back so sometime in the next 3-6 months is a good bet.

So I only have 3-6 months left to live, then.

Guild Wars is the only game that ever held me for years, and GW2 looks so much better...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 2, 2012, 17:44 Bucky

Jerykk wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 17:34:
On a brighter note, good to see DX:HR back on the charts. Seriously underrated game and my personal choice for GotY.

My rule this sale was nothing over $5, but after hearing so many good things about DX:HR here (and after being so disappointed by DW:IW) I broke and picked it up +the DLC. Enjoying it so far, though I've only just scratched the surface.

News Comments > Mobilization
3. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 13:02 Bucky

Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 12:18:
Hoping some good oll internet law degrees drop in but...

As Verizon changes their billing policy doesn't that give you the 30 day right to back out of your contract? Something with a contract being changed you are free to back out of it without penalty?

Or since it's your choice how to pay it doesn't matter? They're just passing along the charges to their customers?

It's not a change in fees, it's just a fee for a one-time payment method, so it won't alter the contract.

I pay all my bills online, and I prefer to do it with a one-time credit card transaction, but more and more sites are charging a fee for this. With a credit card I'm protected if the information gets stolen, and by not making it a recurring charge I'll actually keep an eye on my bills.

News Comments > BF3 Famas Rifle Changes Planned
22. Re: BF3 Famas Rifle Changes Planned Dec 28, 2011, 14:45 Bucky

Matshock wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 14:01:
Seriously though, the pilot/gunner hear a lock tone when you've got a SAM locked on them- they don't get an actual launch warning.

Just wait for them to pop flares, wait a second or two depending on how fast they're moving then fire.

Actually, there's a lock tone and then there's a 'pinging' tone when the missile is actively tracking you. I know better than to pop the flares before the missile is on the way, though occasionally it's on me too fast to even get the flares off.

With that said, I've found focusing on the ground game to be more effective for me. While everyone else is flying around and neutralizing each other I'm running around capturing flags.

News Comments > BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack
3. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 20, 2011, 23:42 Bucky

Meh. I've had the pack the whole time, and the only thing I ever used for any length of time was the Type-88, and it was only briefly.

I'd much rather they put out a patch for in-game VoIP. I hate to even say it, but I'd pay to see it done.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition on Dec 20, 2011, 23:27 Bucky

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 23:17:
Note to my friends on Steam - keep an eye out for some gifts from "Santa Prez". Anyone who wants something form their wishlist this Xmas, friend me. (Yeah, this IS the only way I can get friends, so shut up.)

Done...though I thought you were already in there. I took a look at your Steam library--I have been humbled.

The Witcher 2 is high on my list, but I can't quite pull the trigger on it yet. I'm already neck deep in awesome games, I figure by the time I'm ready to play it it'll have been on sale for an even better deal.

Edit: Prez, you need to photoshop a Santa hat onto your profile picture. Thanks!

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2011, 23:35.

News Comments > Torchlight II Trailer
8. Re: Torchlight II Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 21:07 Bucky

Krovven wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 20:29:
Bucky wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 20:13:
Judging D3 based on the limited area that we have is a mistake.

So you didn't bother to quote the part where I said...

Granted I expect D3 to change a lot before it goes live, but as it is, I'm more looking forward to Torchlight 2 and it's going to be a 3rd of the price of D3.

To repeat...I expect things to change in the D3 beta. BUT AS IT IS NOW, I am more looking forward to Torchlight 2.

I didn't quote it because, gameplay wise, this section of the game will likely remain as it is now in terms of enemy quantity and interactions. The game will certainly open up after the skeleton king, but all we have is the newbie training area. I think you're referring to the game as a whole, while I was focused on the beta itself. It's my fault for focusing so strictly on that part of your comment, I've just seen a lot of comments in the D3 forums where people don't realize the beta content is the section of the game with training wheels.

News Comments > Torchlight II Trailer
6. Re: Torchlight II Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 20:13 Bucky

Krovven wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 19:27:
I recently played through the D3 beta, the Skeleton King dungeon was pretty good, everything up to that point was fairly boring. There just arent enough monsters, the ones that spawn out of the walls, statues, etc, the animations take so long for them to become active they pose no threat whatsoever, and when 75% of the monsters are like this, makes combat very boring.

The monsters also seem to have a very short aggro radius, and often they wouldnt attack me at all. If they did aggro and I ran away for 20ft they would stop chasing. So rounding up a big stack of monsters to fight was impossible. Yawn. Back on the lack of monsters, there were often times that I'd be walking through room after room and it was just destructible environment stuff and never a monster. Felt like I was playing one of those hidden objects games.

D3 looks great and sounds great, but the (lack of) skill/stat progression and combat are simply boring.

The beta content is the starting area only, it's intended to be easy while players get a handle on the game. As such, monsters are sparse, aggro range is limited, and monster skills are limited. There are numerous threads on that very point. Judging D3 based on the limited area that we have is a mistake.

Now, judging it based on other qualities is another story. The amount of server interaction that's required by the game is quickly making D3 drop on my list. If you have 200+ms lag it's visible in almost every interaction you have on the screen (combat, looting, storage, etc). It completely ruins the game feel, in my opinion.

I'm also rather underwhelmed by the art direction. Torchlight 2 just looks better, to me. As it stands, Torchlight 2 is a Day 1 purchase and D3 will wait for a sale.

News Comments > More on Guild Wars 2 Mesmer
6. Re: More on Guild Wars 2 Mesmer Dec 14, 2011, 13:55 Bucky

I always thought the Mesmer was under-rated in Guild Wars, and a profession I loved to play. It was always particularly strong in PvP, where a number of different builds worked wonders.  

News Comments > The Humble Indie Bundle #4
11. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 23:54 Bucky

I already own 4 of the 7 games, and can honestly say this might be the best humble bundle yet. Super Meat Boy alone is worth $15. I'll be grabbing this, Shank has been on my wishlist for ages but I've yet to see a sale, until now.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand
18. Re: Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand Dec 13, 2011, 12:32 Bucky

Verno wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 12:10:
McSterls wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 12:03:
Already have moved onto Skyrim...BF3 looks great but suffers from the same problems as previous BF games, the sniper rules the field.

Hahaha this is just absurd, snipers are a joke these days. The Recon kit in general is by far the weakest one. The scope glare means that you can pretty much spot them anywhere, their rifles aren't very good until the later unlocks and their gadgets are so situational that you're often better off just playing a general class. Snipers are so marginalized in this game that it's kind of hilarious.

The last patch fixed up the majority of the balance problems and the game is a blast to play now. I love the fact that snipers suck too, it's a wonderful idiot trap for public players and they pad my score.

LOL, a bunch of grumpy pissed off complaining gamers..LOL!

So you're angry and pissed off? You post on Blues too

I've been playing for the last few days, and the last patch was a huge improvement in terms of balance. The game is once again pure joy to play. Though for some reason each initial map load after the patch took AGES, though now it's back to being nice and quick.

I agree with snipers being marginalized and situational. I prefer to use the class that way, either equipping a semi-auto rifle with a short range scope to eliminate glare, or using one of the PDWs. Their spotting gadgets are also extremely helpful to the team if used properly.

News Comments > Diablo III Opening Cinematic
11. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 21:48 Bucky

MrBone wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 21:04:
The beta is sobering. Reminded me never to get my hopes up too much. Disappointing.

Having gotten into the Beta with the last wave of invites, my biggest problem with D3 is just how much of the gameplay is tied into the servers. The servers have been having issues over the last few days thanks to the new wave of invites (hey, that's the point of the beta) and it's exposed a few flaws. My biggest issue is that even weapon strikes are related to ping, which can ruin the gameplay if you're on a server that's having issues. Not fun to play a monk, see a blow thrown, and then throw a second blow when the first one would have normally felled the enemy--which it does, once it finally registers.

Oh, Torchlight 2, get here soon.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Interview
16. Re: Torchlight 2 Interview Dec 6, 2011, 23:41 Bucky

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 20:33:
Doesn't matter if TL2 and D3 were exactly the same and released on the same day, one is $60 and one is what, $20? Less?

$20

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Interview
6. Re: Torchlight 2 Interview Dec 6, 2011, 14:52 Bucky

Optional nickname wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 12:29:
IF I were project lead on TL2, I'd have cancelled the game altogether by now. D3 is around the corner.

There's quite a bit of difference between the two games, not the least of which is the level of control each developer is imposing upon the game. D3 is going to be locked down, while Torchlight 2 will be open to modding and the like. Runic has said they aren't particularly worried about Diablo 3 given how different the two games are, not to mention that the original Torchlight had lengthy and sustained sales which I'd imagine they expect with the sequel. There's also the not-so-small issue of budget, Torchlight 2 won't have to sell nearly as many copies as Diablo 3 in order to break even.

I'm practically foaming at the mouth for either game, and both Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 will be pre-order puchases. Now if only either company would give me a release date!

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today
8. Re: No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today Dec 6, 2011, 11:07 Bucky

3.9 GB update. I guess I'll go get groceries while I wait...  

News Comments > BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates
27. Re: The real change-log; Client R3 + Server R11 on 6DEC Dec 3, 2011, 00:45 Bucky

Once this patch lands, I'll be playing BF3 again. Lots of excellent balance work in there.  

2326 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo