Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2329 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New WHQL GeForce Drivers
16. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 16:13 Bucky

BurntSoul wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 15:03:
How about a second person?

Anyway, ShadowPlay is brainless to set up (because it's already done). A key command will automatically save 5 minutes of past gameplay. The high setting will make a 1.9GB file in that 5 minutes (resolution is 1920x1080 at 60FPS). I don't know if the driver scans your system and gives you the best setting for your rig, but that was automatically selected for me. You can also extend the automatic shadowplay mode for up to 20 minutes (7.5 GB file) and lower the quality. Finally, you can also go into 'manual' mode, which I'm guessing is recording whenever for however long that you want to.

Make it a third, and I use GeForce Experience to pull in and install the Beta drivers as well.

Out of laziness (since I could just go play with it), does ShadowPlay start recording when you hit the key command, or does it record in a continuous loop and then save when you execute the command?

Edit: Reading comprehension failure. BurntSoul had already given me the answer, and I even quoted it. Embarassed

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
34. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 16:09 Bucky

McJammiepants wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 03:09:
Suppa7 wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 01:07:

Bullshit, this close to release they don't have time to make serious changes. What you saw in the beta will 99% be closest to the final. Every fucking beta works like this, morons like you who haven't experienced enough actual beta's deny it though.

I bet you can't even name one game where beta and retail were radically different.

BF3. Not only are you being inflammatory, you are also quite wrong. The BF3 beta was an older build than what DICE were working with when the beta was being held. The final release was noticeably different both in performance, game play, and aesthetic. This is straight fact, guy.

I can confirm this as well. The BF3 beta was so bad that I regretted the pre-order, convinced as I was that they could never have the game ready for release. Then it came out and I sank a few hundred hours into it, with only minimal (Battlelog related) issues at launch.

For the $48 I paid for BF4, I'm quite happy, even if it's just new maps and some tweaks.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
20. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 27, 2013, 09:56 Bucky

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 23:53:
Normal just irks me because I hate having to dump a whole mag into someone just to have them dance a behind cover and regenerate, then dance out and kill me with a lucky headshot.

It felt to me like they've done a lot of rebalancing, even on normal. I was regularly able to sneak up on a squad and drop 3 people with a single mag. In BF3 getting more than 2 guys with one mag was a challenge.

Should we create a Blue's News platoon? We had one for BF3, though I don't know if it'll transfer into BF4.

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 26, 2013, 22:45 Bucky

MattyC wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 21:35:
Bucky wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 18:17:
I just snagged BF4 from GMG for $48 and finished preloading. I wasn't willing to pay the full $60 for what is really BF3.5

Sadly it looks like that sale has ended. I might be interested at that price, but yeah... I don't feel the game is worth a full $60. Modern level-up shooter is rather overdone at this point. I still imagine I will pick it up later for less.

Or am I missing a sale?

This one is supposed to be good until Monday. I figure BF4 can hold me over until Titanfall in March. This is the GMG code I used: TAREM-BF4NA-BOOM1

Edit: Full Dealzon link in case the code gives you any trouble.

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 26, 2013, 18:17 Bucky

I just snagged BF4 from GMG for $48 and finished preloading. I wasn't willing to pay the full $60 for what is really BF3.5

I'm looking forward to a lot of the balance changes in 4, and I was sold once I saw that they removed the RPG and SMAW's ability to use the laser lock from the open beta (seriously, who thought that was a good idea?)

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
51. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 20:03 Bucky

Holy Shit. I wish they'd learned the lesson faster, and implemented it faster, but still, I'll give them credit for making the decision.

Reaper of Souls has gone from never buying to probably buying. If they make it offline I'll preorder it.

C'mon Blizzard, you can do it!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements
9. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 21:44 Bucky

Ugh, those embedded tweets are horrible. Hide them behind the "Continue Here to read full story" links like you do with embedded videos.

On the subject of BF4, I was going to skip it, but I need something to tide me over until TitanFall. There's just nothing good for multiplayer FPS out there right now.

News Comments > KOTOR Turns 10
9. Re: KOTOR Turns 10 Jul 15, 2013, 22:16 Bucky

I never even looked at the MMO (except for the CGI stuff), yet I played KotOR at least a dozen times.

Just thinking about what KotOR 3 could have been like, had it been given half of the MMO's budget makes me want to cry.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jun 28, 2013, 06:17 Bucky

Creston wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 01:15:
Pure fun is a melee Zero build or really any Siren build that focuses on Ruin and having her power just bounce from enemy to enemy.

I'm not a huge Turret Guy fan; he's a very strong character but he's a little boring. The gunzerker becomes really powerful late, but early on I don't find him very fun, as he dies way too often.

Krieg is okay so far. I haven't died with him yet, but his melee damage feels way too low for what he actually is, and it seems that the "drop a free grenade when you go down" power doesn't work, which is fucking ass.

So far I'm playing him more as a "careful shooter" than a "wade in and melee EVERYTHING" guy, which feels off. Granted he's only lvl 9, but still.

And I don't have the Mechro.

Creston

Once you get halfway or so into Kreig's Mania tree, the melee really starts to shine. I'm 33 with him now, full Mania with a bit of Bloodlust, and he's an absolute monster in melee.

The free grenade only drops when you actually die, not when you go into Fight For Your Life mode, which might be the cause of confusion there.

News Comments > DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer
6. Re: DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer Jun 4, 2013, 21:32 Bucky

Large portions of my childhood were spent playing the original. I swear I could even hear all of the old sound effects while I was watching the video.

Yeah, I'm buying this.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
52. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 22:32 Bucky

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2013, 19:58:
Maybe because while I appreciate deep emotional and immersive RPG's, in the end I also am playing to have FUN, unadulterated and proper fun!

And some times a game like Dust An Elysian Tail is a great diversion. It made me happy to play it. (Ok, it was a weekend, I was bored, and it was raining 2 days non-stop, meaning it was dark and grey, so cute furry fluffiness fighting beat em up battles was not exactly turning me off instantly)..

Anyhow, on Reus .... I find that to be.. not fun.
But Dust An Elysian Tail is proper fun. Exploration, cute furry creatures, beautiful nice flowing animation and an interesting world to explore. Yes it has no real depth (story aside, which is good).. yes It's only really a proper challenge on Hardcore. But it is fun to play. ;p

And sure it has flaws, but I can see something in this game that sooooooooo many Indy games lack, that is honest to good love and effort by the developers. Or developer? I dunno, if really 1 guy made all the animations and characters, then wow. I am blown away. The game also uses extremely nice effects, it looks beautiful...

Anyway you will get your serious game in a few years once Project Eternity, Dreamfall 3 and the various other big recent Kickstarters come out... but I don't see any such shift like you do. People who play games, tend to like good games that are fun ^^ That's just the way it is.

And yes, I can see why some will skip this, it's furry and cutesy, it has a 10+ rating so no blood, no emotional terrors... and it is twitchy and well yes, even a button masher to an extend. I actually liked this game from the first few seconds of gameplay I saw. That it was a rainy dark grey day helped ;p

By the way.. pretty rare a Steam Top 10 topic gets this many replies ;p

I'm just gonna go +1 on this whole thing, because it all applies to me (right down to the two shitty days of rain).

As for the PC/Console concern, as other have said, the PC is my platform of choice precisely because of choice. The other reason is the controls, I find Keyboard/Mouse to be the superior control scheme for the vast majority of the games I play.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 17:35 Bucky

So, I picked up Dust: An Elysian Tale based on TB's WTF video (Thanks for the link, SpectralMeat).

I then played for 3 hours without moving. I haven't had a game do that to me in a long time; I highly recommend it.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 19, 2013, 16:21 Bucky

Creston wrote on May 19, 2013, 14:40:
Has anyone played the Psycho pack / Krieg yet? Any idea if it's any good?

Creston

I decided to grab it instead of a 6-pack this weekend, and so far he's my favorite character. He has an emphasis on risk/reward gameplay, which suits my style perfectly. I can't wait to get farther into the skill trees and see how he shapes up.

I'm only level 10 so far, and if it wasn't for hockey playoffs I'd be playing BL2 right now. Worth the $10 IMO.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Weekend Events
6. Re: Borderlands 2 Weekend Events May 10, 2013, 18:42 Bucky

nin wrote on May 10, 2013, 15:04:
I seriously wonder if 3 will feature armor and the like...seems like a natural progression.

I would trade the first-person viewpoint for third person with armor. I'm all for more character customization, especially if it leads to more character depth and cooler loot.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease
32. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 18:33 Bucky

I'm personally looking forward to BF4. I'm about to fire up BF3 right now, and still find it's the best multiplayer game out there at the moment. With 200 hours in, I've certainly gotten my money's worth, and while I do see the occasional cheater, it's far less common than people make it seem. That, or if there are that many cheaters out there, they suck.

BF4 will probably be futuristic, given that there's some easter egg hints about the setting in the End Game maps.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced
10. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 10:35 Bucky

Wildone wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 10:07:
Too much cheating going on. Planetside 3 is where its at for epic scale battles.

I still play BF3 on a regular basis, and I see far more calls of cheater than I do actual cheaters. The game has a moderately high skill ceiling, and tactics (which CoD players know little of) make a world of difference.

I personally think the Premium pack is worth it. Close Quarters is great for small scale infantry fights, Armored Kill and Aftermath added a bunch of great maps and there's a few good new guns in there (I love me the LSAT LMG).

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Drox Operative
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Drox Operative Nov 30, 2012, 10:16 Bucky

The interface and UI (and even the sounds) share a lot with Din's Curse, so if you've played that before it should feel very familiar. I haven't played the demo enough yet to have a solid impression, but so far I get the same vibe I did with Din's Curse: lots of potential, but it needs a higher production value.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 14:11 Bucky

nin wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 13:29:

In other news, the Steam autumn sale is on, as predicted yesterday.

KOTOR 2 nice and cheap!

Picked it up. I couldn't even make it past the first day without buying something.

Happy B-day Blue!

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization V Patched
2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V Patched Nov 21, 2012, 13:41 Bucky

I recently got back into Civ V, and I was really getting sick of my explorers going back and forth between two tiles.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Nov 20, 2012, 23:47 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 23:25:
Don't think I will be getting much during the sale. My library is huge right now....I don't have anything that is a must have right now.

I'm almost disappointed that I won't be spending ridiculous amounts of money during any of the upcoming Steam sales. I have almost everything I want, and my library and backlog are so huge at this point that I'll probably never play all of the games I own.

2329 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo