Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2327 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts?
40. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 14:38 Bucky

Quinn wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 14:11:
I tried the D3 beta just now. Without an invite.

The servers are down, indeed. I'll know more in 50 minutes, if their estimate is ok.

Heh. Having been in the beta for awhile, their downtime estimates are usually a coin-toss. Heck, the maintenance period has already been extended once (pushed 4 hours back).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts?
14. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 11:31 Bucky

It looks like complete access was due to a bug that crept in during patch 17. See this. [Ars Technica]  

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer
19. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 23:48 Bucky

I think it took me around 3 hours to hit the Skeleton King with a fresh character, but I'd search every single area, look through all the lore, mess around in town, and make sure everything that moved was dead.

I had to stop playing the beta so that I wouldn't get frustrated with the lack of progress and not be excited for the full game when I finally got it.

News Comments > Valve Confirms Hardware Plans
9. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 10:36 Bucky

Quboid wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 10:05:
Definitely an interesting one. My guess is a stripped down PC running Steam and little else, but what sort of controller they have will say a lot about what they have in mind.

This. I don't have any particular attachment to the PC platform, what I do care about is the input method. Keyboard/Mouse is the superior input choice in pretty much every game genre I play, which is why I stick to the PC. Considering games these days are almost always limited to the current console generation, the extra PC hardware is going to waste anyway. Give me a beefy console with a keyboard and mouse and I'll be the first in line.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
61. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 01:24 Bucky

Krovven wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 01:10:
To heal you also can find a quiet spot and press R to Rest. This will regenerate your party health.

Just make sure there aren't any monsters nearby. I woke up to an unpleasant surprise....

News Comments > Diablo III Barbarian Video
6. Re: Diablo III Barbarian Video Apr 11, 2012, 00:12 Bucky

The barbarian is easily going to be my first character. I used to prefer the ranged approach (either casting or arrows), but I've found lately that I just prefer to run in and smash stuff in the face until it stops moving.

Considering the lack of love the Witch Doctor is getting, I'll probably play that class next.

And then I'm going to build a melee range hardcore wizard....

And then....

This game can't get here soon enough.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 11:14 Bucky

Purchased. Now they need to get a beta weekend going!  

News Comments > Mistborn Announced
18. Re: Mistborn Announced Mar 29, 2012, 00:03 Bucky

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 18:55:
You know, kind of like George R.R. Martin, who I also expect to die before he ever finishes The Song of Fire and Ice books.

The Mistborn trilogy was very interesting. His writing got much better in the second and third books. I still prefer Patrick Rothfuss, however.

I refuse to give my time to Martin until he finishes The Song of Ice and Fire series. This includes TV and video game renditions, too. Heck, Steven Erikson wrote the entire Malazan Book of the Fallen series in less time, and I prefer it to Martin's stuff.

Rothfuss is on my radar, but I'm waiting for him to finish the series before I pick it up. At one point I was reading a half dozen book series, none of which was finished. I decided to only start a new series when it's been completed. I've been entertaining myself with short story writers instead, which is a shocking change of pace from epic fantasy.

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
1. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 28, 2012, 14:06 Bucky

*sigh*

I just downgraded to the 12.1 drivers today, because I'd fired up Skyrim and noticed texture corruption. It figures.

News Comments > Mistborn Announced
4. Re: Mistborn Announced Mar 28, 2012, 13:41 Bucky

CommunistHamster wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 13:26:
Might be cool. Always nice to see attempts at innovative combat.

I've never heard of the books, has anyone read them?

Yeah, I've read them a couple of times. It's a solid series with one of the more innovative systems of 'magic' that I've seen. It'll be interesting to see how they design the Allomancy system in the game.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Patch Tomorrow
3. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patch Tomorrow Mar 28, 2012, 10:58 Bucky

I'm looking forward to the air warfare changes, specifically how the Stinger and IGLA will work as a stronger point defense against air. The attachment balancing should prove interesting, too.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 22, 2012, 14:27 Bucky

This is what I've been waiting for. Once Intel gets Ivy Bridge out the door, I'll wait a month or two for those initial release premiums to disappear, and then it's time to build a new rig with the GTX680 powering it.

I was really hoping NVIDIA would put out a good card, and they have. It seems like they've flipped roles with AMD this generation, with the NVIDIA card being the more efficient of the two now. I've also had less problems with NVIDIA drivers, my 5850 has suffered from numerous driver issues over the last couple of years. So long as NVIDIA was competitive I was jumping ship, and it turns out they've got the better card right now.

News Comments > Dungeons of Dreadmor Patch Nears; Project Odin Art
2. Re: Dungeons of Dreadmor Patch Nears; Project Odin Art Mar 21, 2012, 10:56 Bucky

How often do you laugh when reading patch notes?

FIXED: You can no longer eat your own belt by right-clicking it. Really, this time.
FIXED: You can now start the game with pants.

I started playing this a few weeks back before ME3 came out, I'm going to have to jump back in once this patch is out.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
178. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 16, 2012, 00:01 Bucky

wolve wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 17:56:
Bucky wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:54:
Frijoles wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:46:
nin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:07:
Yeaa!!!!! My amazon preorder is still locked, it looks like.

If you pre-order with Amazon before they show the same-day shipping, does it switch over to that? I've been thinking about pre-ordering it for a while, but not if they're going to deliver it a week late.

You can change the delivery options, though it still does not show release day delivery. My guess would be that because Amazon doesn't yet have the release date in their system the option is not available.

Two more months. Happy that we've got a date, sad that I've gotta wait until May.

Amazon updated their listings with the date, and I just switched my CE order over to free release date shipping since I have Prime.

Yikes. I had to wade through a lot of 'discussion', but thanks for that post. I was able to switch my CE preorder to release day shipping without a problem. I'm not a prime member, so for me release day shipping was $0.99. The horror.

Personally, I can't wait for the game. I took issue with it during the early betas primarily because of the connection issues, but they've gotten that sorted pretty well. The gameplay changes from Blizzard have gotten better with each patch, and I chatted with a lucky fellow who got to access some of the later areas before the waypoints got nuked--he said that the game ramps up fast; everything up to the Skeleton King is clearly meant as the starter area.

61. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 14:38 Bucky

Dev wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 13:56:
Bucky wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 13:21:
I might make a run at it this week, since I'm pretty close already. I just need to find a bunch of suckers willing to die so that I can revive them.
Maybe we can get together, I'll be needing to do that as well with all the classes.

Friend me in Steam, or drop me an email (listed in the profile). I need to do the revives, plus the Matriachs Bones event. I've also got to finish leveling up a few characters; I had to create a new monk since the last patch rearranged all the skills and broke the monk that I had.

55. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 13:21 Bucky

Dev wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 12:38:
I wonder if its worth replaying the beta to get the achieves again and to see what the state of the game is. Like will they give any of the full achieve beta players anything in the real game (like a unique flag symbol, etc).

They've said multiple times that none of the beta achievments will carry over, though I'd be surprised if they don't do something for those that pull off Betamaxed Overachiever.

I might make a run at it this week, since I'm pretty close already. I just need to find a bunch of suckers willing to die so that I can revive them.

Edit: Achievement confusion.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2012, 14:44.

15. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 10:54 Bucky

Frijoles wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:46:
nin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:07:
Yeaa!!!!! My amazon preorder is still locked, it looks like.

If you pre-order with Amazon before they show the same-day shipping, does it switch over to that? I've been thinking about pre-ordering it for a while, but not if they're going to deliver it a week late.

You can change the delivery options, though it still does not show release day delivery. My guess would be that because Amazon doesn't yet have the release date in their system the option is not available.

Two more months. Happy that we've got a date, sad that I've gotta wait until May.

Hardware > Headphones
9. No subject Mar 13, 2012, 14:12 Bucky

Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 13:58:
Bucky wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 12:22:
I might have to try that out. The desktop mic works well, but it seems to always be in my way.

Give it a whirl man, it's a great little mic. I wish I had known about it sooner as I had been married to shitty gamer headsets for way too long due to the mics. It's nice to be back using quality headphones again.

They're a cool little shop too, the owner included a little thank you note on mine and you don't see that too often these days.

Done. I'm not an Amazon prime member though, so it'll be a week before I get to try it. Thanks for the heads up on that.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking
5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 13:02 Bucky

Origin still crushes framerates if you have the overlay turned on. It did this in Dead Space 2, and it's even worse in ME3. Once I turned it off, everything ran nice and smooth.

As for the ending, the more I think about it the more I like it. I think it says a lot about the series that the ending shows you just how emotionally involved you've become. I'm tempted to call the Mass Effect series the greatest series ever, but I'll need some time (and distance) from the game before I'll stick to that statement.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
29. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 13, 2012, 12:47 Bucky

nin wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 12:41:
Hey, it was a lot of fun playing Guild Wars with nin, until he ran away from me because he complained that I was power-leveling the starter area.

Creston

I remember the early days with the pre-expansion game, and getting an involuntary twitch when anyone mentioned the words "Thunderhead Keep".

Oh sweet fluffy lord, don't ever say those words again. I got hit by a wave of dread just reading that. It's one of only 2 (or 3) missions that I did not accomplish the bonus objective--in the case of that particular mission, it was because you had to go outside of the keep in order to pull it off.

2327 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo