Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2330 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 12, 2012, 16:19 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 12, 2012, 14:40:
3 days bitches!!!!! woohooo!!!!

I'm sure the delivery guy is gonna give me a strange look when he finds me sitting on the porch, waiting for the CE.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
7. Re: Hardware Reviews May 10, 2012, 23:41 Bucky

Jerykk wrote on May 10, 2012, 19:39:
If ATI wants to compete with Nvidia, not only do they need to lower their prices but they need to greatly improve their drivers and work more with developers. It's pretty ridiculous when a game that's officially sponsored by ATI (like Saints Row 3) runs significantly better on Nvidia hardware. There are just too many games that aren't properly optimized for ATI cards.

My last two card were ATI/AMD, but I finally got fed up with their drivers. I was purchasing nVidia for my next card whether or not it turned out to be the best card, fortunately for me it seems that nVidia has soundly beaten AMD this round.

1. Re: Hardware Reviews May 10, 2012, 14:30 Bucky

And I just got my GTX 680 today. Oh well, it's not like I was trying to save money on the new rig anyway.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 10, 2012, 11:21 Bucky

So what happens to Impulse now? I personally bailed on it as soon at it was sold, and then picked up most of the titles I had on Impulse through Steam whenever they went on sale.  

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
21. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 11:54 Bucky

Verno wrote on May 7, 2012, 11:48:
So to steer the discussion away from flamebait, what's everyone playing?

I've settled on a minion heavy Witchdoctor for my Hardcore character and a meteor spam Wizard for playing with friends/family. I was tempted to try a melee-only Demon Hunter build, it looks pretty doable but I'm worried it won't have Barb/Monk survivability on higher difficulties.

Barbarian. I prefer to just wade in and keep swinging until everything is dead, and when I'm not playing a Barb I still try to do it. After that, I've no idea. I really like the way the Wizard plays, but I may roll a Witch Doctor second just because that class doesn't seem to be getting as much love.

The melee DH would definitely be a challenge at higher difficulties; the Monk and Barbarian get a natural 30% damage resist bonus specifically because they are melee characters.

14. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 11:05 Bucky

nin wrote on May 7, 2012, 11:02:
I'm happy they kept the view isometric though, it just wouldn't have felt right from a third or first person viewpoint.

I would have at least taken a rotatable camera.

That would have been nice, but I've seen both Blizzard and Runic comment on how much more work it would create when it came to level design; with a fixed camera they know what you can see and only have to build the levels from that perspective.

10. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 10:48 Bucky

Only one week left....

Does anyone have a time machine they'd be willing to loan me?

I'm happy they kept the view isometric though, it just wouldn't have felt right from a third or first person viewpoint.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Announced
4. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Announced May 7, 2012, 10:36 Bucky

When will they take my money?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 21:19 Bucky

Dmitri_M wrote on May 6, 2012, 14:43:
somebody sell me on Warlock

Play the demo, or watch this. I'm pretty much sold.

1. Re: Hardware Reviews May 3, 2012, 12:23 Bucky

I'll be damned, I thought Thermalright had stopped making CPU coolers. I just ordered a new rig, and Newegg had all of their stuff listed as no longer available. I'm slightly disappointed, I've got their Ultra-120 in my current system and it works great.

Ah well, it was about time to mess with some minimal liquid cooling. It also doesn't hurt that I won't have such a huge heatsink hanging off of the new motherboard.

News Comments > Diablo III Auctions Detailed
32. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:49 Bucky

I personally think the RMAH is being given far too much attention. Blizzard saw a problem with D2 (third party selling, with cheats) and has attempted to create a solution to the problem that they profit from. That's fine by me; they aren't in the business of making games just so I can have fun.

If you don't like the RMAH, don't use it. I don't have any intention of using it, and I will probably try to avoid the gold auction house as well. For me the fun of the game comes from finding the items, and having to choose between less than ideal gear, not from online shopping (no matter what the currency). I'll admit that curiosity will no doubt eventually get me and I'll explore the auction houses, but going in I intend to completely ignore them.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2012, 13:43 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2012, 13:07:
nin wrote on Apr 30, 2012, 11:02:
Bring on the heat and sunshine!

Fuck that! It's getting close to 90 here this week...

Dude, we're freezing our nads off up here. It's been 10+ degrees below seasonal for 2 or 3 weeks now. *grumble mumble*

We've had freeze watches here in Mass for the last week, which is rather unusual for this time of year. What's really got me going is that it was 70+ in March, and yet at the end of April I'm damn near getting frostbite every time I go for a bike ride. I had to stop checking the weather last week, it was too depressing.

News Comments > Morning Previews
11. Re: Morning Previews Apr 30, 2012, 13:34 Bucky

I think a persons' take on GW2 will depend largely on how much hype they were exposed to, and what their expectations were. I was pretty much expecting Guild Wars, just now as a true MMO, no holy trinity, and a better questing system. The part I really wanted, which was the ability to basically just get a quick pick up group together and play, was there.

I've found my enjoyment of games has gone up ever since I stopped listening to the hype. I check out a game just enough to see if it's something I'm interested in, then I play it.

Granted, it's not all roses for GW2 either. One other major gripe I have is their "conditions" system, which feels overly complex and without significant impact on the combat, though that may change at higher levels.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 30, 2012, 13:24 Bucky

I recorded Family Guy just to see the D3 spot in all it's glory on my TV.

Then I watched the commercial 5 times.

I'm not sure what that says about me, and I don't want to know. I just really, really need these last two weeks to go by faster.

8. Re: Morning Previews Apr 30, 2012, 11:54 Bucky

I enjoyed it. I created a ton of characters to test the classes out--I'll definitely be starting out as a Necromancer. Like Cutter said, it's going to be a good game to jump in and out of, which, with no monthly sub, won't be a problem.

They really need to tone down some of the combat effects (Fire, anyone?)and work on just how squishy the pets are. The event system is fun though, and before you know you've rolled along for the last hour just by getting caught up in what's happening around you.

10. Re: Morning Previews Apr 27, 2012, 14:20 Bucky

I'm in Yak's Bend, under Rathir. I tried to pick a server that would have a high population, I want to see how the first beta event holds up under the strain.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2012, 12:21 Bucky

Ratty wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 11:29:
Ran here as fast as I could to report Fringe had been renewed. Curse you nin! Beat me to it.

Woo! That just made my Friday.

2. Re: Morning Previews Apr 27, 2012, 12:05 Bucky

I go to work right when the weekend event starts. It's gonna be a long eight hours....  

News Comments > Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight
11. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 13:12 Bucky

Personally, I prefer a lot of the design changes Blizzard has put into Diablo 3, not the least of which is the revamped skill system. I'll no doubt pick up TL2, but it'll probably be after I've sunk a few hundred hours into D3.

Then again, I may pre-order just to support Runic, and then I could try to get a friend hooked on the genre by gifting TL. Hmm. Decisions, decisions...

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Events
17. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 01:30 Bucky

Acleacius wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 23:34:
It's crazy to ship so full of bugs to your customers, at least from what I read there tons of issues with this game.

The what now? I think the worst bug I encountered was when the general options settings wouldn't save when the client closed, and that was the only one I can remember seeing.

I'm not going to take Tuesday off, though I'm considering taking Friday off. Things should have settled down a bit by then, and I can roll into a long weekend of gaming.

2330 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo