Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2329 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: No subject Nov 21, 2006, 13:52 Bucky

Happy Birthday Blue

For your b-day, you should let us nin ban some people.

Easier to just create a new board and let nin be the only registered member.

---
Xfire: GreySpire
We want Blue's News T-shirts!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2006, 16:01 Bucky

Your obsessive/compulsive nature will fit in well w/ GW...

Heh, I'm the same way. I have to do every quest, even if it'll be my third time with a third character. Heck, I was collecting on one last night that nin and Tyler both had missed.

I've got the old Duron rig running (had a dead video card) but good god is that thing slow. Add to that all the crap that's installed on it and it'll be forever to clean the thing up. Oh, and it's running Windows ME.

Maybe I should just burn it and say the power supply shorted out.

---

21. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2006, 15:35 Bucky

When you do a mission and complete it, it disappears....so how do I keep track of so many of those damn things!!!!

You've got me there. Once it's done, it's gone. It's also pretty rare to have more than 3 or 4 active quests at any one time; only the newb areas heap more on and that's just to get you leveled up a bit faster.

I might be missing your point entirely though. The more I think about it, the more I think I am missing it.

---

17. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2006, 14:28 Bucky

Yeah, but I was wondering about something to keep track of missions, subs, sides, etc.

All of that goes into the quest log. I've never found any of them complex enough to have to start writing things down to keep track, though I have a bad habit of having the wrong quest selected and I'll end up on the wrong side of the map before I realize it. I used to write down skill combinations and the like, but with the ability to save skill sets I don't need to anymore.

Good news, the computer is still working. Got out of work early and I'm going to spend a few hours fixing a computer for a friend, then I'll probably be playing GW for the rest of the night. If only my friend would believe me when I tell him that his 750 Duron with an 8MB TNT2 isn't worth fixing...:o

---

5. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2006, 11:20 Bucky

I am tired as hell, played until about 1:30, but I fully explored the newb area of Ascalon city (every nook and cranny - I have played that Char 10 hours), lvl 8 W/N. Having fun.

You won't get past lvl 8 in pre-searing (newb-Ascalon) unless you sit down and grind. I used to pull characters out of there after level 6 usually.

Once you do get out check on the Guild Hall button, it should work then.

On a side note a power line just down the road from me burst into flames last night. No power from about 10pm until whenever I did actually wake up today. It seems I'm fated to never have a stable internet connection again. You watch, I'll get home today and my computer will be a pile of melted plastic.

---

News Comments > Gears of War PC?
16. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2006, 11:12 Bucky

No. As long as you don't mind waiting a year or two for it to be finally released...like the HALO series and Jade Empire...

And I'm still waiting for Jade Empire.

Still, this is good news provided it actually does happen.

---

22. Re: No subject Nov 15, 2006, 18:13 Bucky

There is fun in slaughtering lower level peeps? hmmmm....I was enjoying the challenge.

If you move a character between campaigns you start at the higher level point. For instance if you take a character from Prophecies to Factions you'll skip what is essentially newb-ville so that you'll be fighting full level enemies from the start. The downside to this is that you'll miss a small part of the story that's explained in the newb area unless you create a character specifically for that chapter.

At least, that's how it worked with Prophecies>Factions. No idea if it's like that in Nightfall.

---

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Patches
12. Re: No subject Nov 8, 2006, 17:54 Bucky

I don't believe people are not having any technical issues with the game? How long is your loading take? If it's not excessive than do you get stuttering sound as soon as a level finishes loading and people are talking during a custscene?

Initial level load is about 1 minute. Level transitions and quickloads after that are significantly faster, more like 10 seconds tops.

It seems to me that the sound stuttering is a problem with the Source engine and results from having to pull in new sounds faster than it can. Turning down sound quality usually takes care of that and without any noticable difference in quality. At least, that's what worked for me.

---

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Patches
10. Re: No subject Nov 8, 2006, 17:37 Bucky

I seem to be one of the few people having no technical issues with the game and enjoying it.

Suckers.

---

16. Re: No subject Nov 8, 2006, 17:32 Bucky

NWN2 has some pretty horrid performance issues right now. Anyone having fps issues can try the following tricks:

• Change the refresh rate to a higher setting in the nwn.ini file located in My Documents>Neverwinter Nights 2. This often defualts to 60 or glitches and sets to -1. This will happen every time you make a graphic detail adjustment. Also note that this actually helps; many people have noticed that the abysmal frame rates are somehow tied to Vsync.

• Vsync. Force it off in your drivers. I gained a good 15 fps from that trick alone. If you must have it on force triple buffering instead.

• Shadows. No option change gives me more than a 2 fps change either way, except for shadows. I'm sure some of it is the real-time lighting but the fact is this game has huge performance issues with rendering shadows. A 7950 GX2 should not be straining to hit 30 fps at 800*600 with all the other detail options at the lowest possible setting. I get 60-70 fps at 1280*960 maxed everything with shadows off.

• Anyone thinking about picking up NWN2 should put the money elsewhere and wait for the first second patch.

---
    This comment was edited on Nov 8, 17:34.

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might SP Patch Plans
    10. Re: Will I be able to play? Nov 7, 2006, 23:50 Bucky

I must be one of the lucky ones. I just stopped playing Dark Messiah and it lasted for about 3 hours without a problem.

Granted, the initial load time does suck. It's about 1 minute on a screamin' rig but I do have all the details maxed.

---

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might SP Patch Plans
    3. Re: derails? Nov 7, 2006, 20:34 Bucky

huh - mine works great - to bad I am really into Guild Wars now!! CURSE YOU BLUE GUILD!

Blue Conclave.

Haven't you guys taught him anything?

---

25. Re: AH-hahahahahaha... Nov 7, 2006, 17:27 Bucky

Seriously, how do these fucks stay in business?

Good question. I've been boycotting EB for a couple of years now and boycotting EA for a longer period of time. Sure there's the occasional EA game I want, but I'll buy it second-hand instead of giving money to the poster-child of what's wrong with the game industry.

Did the voting thing today as well. It's hard to match that "drop of water in an ocean" feeling anywhere else.

---

News Comments > Into the Black
    5. Re: Sheep Dash Nov 6, 2006, 23:05 Bucky

I stopped two at .122 and it felt like I was slow (I'm overtired atm).

It helps explain my talent at FPSs.

---
    This comment was edited on Nov 6, 23:16.

44. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2006, 19:22 Bucky

Well, it looks like I nailed down the problem(s).

First, Xfire is hurting fps because of the in-game chat feature. There's a config change that'll fix this, or simply shut down Xfire until it gets patched next week.

Second, and this is the big one: The damn game has a V-sync bug. I forced V-sync to off in the drivers and now I'm seeing 40-50 where I had 20 fps and 30-40 where I had 1-5 fps.

I'm tempted to skip partying tonight and play NWN2. Probably party since I already bought the Beer.

Edit: Also, in the Neverwinter Nights 2 directory in the My Documents folder open nwn.ini and change the refresh rate as it'll default to 60 after a video settings change (and often wig out and defualt to -1).
    ---
    This comment was edited on Nov 3, 19:24.

40. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2006, 17:48 Bucky

I'm about to go look through the NWN2 boards again and see if I can come up with a fix for my performance issues. The game appears to have a lot of promise and I can easily see myself enjoying it, once I can make it play at a level better than 'slideshow'. Fact is, I really want to play the game.

Ugh.

---

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar Preorders/Beta
    1. Woo! Nov 3, 2006, 17:38 Bucky

Awsome.

Stardock's Beta's are usually better than the final version from other companies, so basically a pre-order means early access.

/gets out debit card

---

12. Re: NWN2 Early Impressions Nov 3, 2006, 08:46 Bucky

Weird, I'm quite happy with how the game runs on my AMD Athlon 2-something and radeon 9800 pro.

And that is why I'm sure that it's a bug with the game. With a Core 2 Duo E6600, 7950 GX2 and 2 GB of RAM I should not be having this issue. It's the same for others with equally high-end systems. I wouldn't mind so much if I could turn the options down and get playable framerates, but as it stands now any combination of settings won't even net me over 10 FPS once I walk into the fair.

---

1. NWN2 Early Impressions Nov 2, 2006, 22:27 Bucky

Stay far, FAR away from this damn game until they fix the framerate issues. I get 10-30 FPS at 1600*1200 with everything maxed and 10-30 FPS at 800*600 with everything at the minimal level (it looks like software rendering FFS).

Did I mention that this is right after character creation, when I'm in a tiny room not even fighting?

There's already a 19 page thread on the BioWare forums about it, with everyone saying the same thing.

*sigh*

The game manual isn't bad.

---

23. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2006, 17:19 Bucky

I picked up NWN2 during lunch today. I was in target grabbing some long underwear for camping this weekend and discovered that they had 2 copies left. I snatched it up pretty quick. Anyone played yet?

I picked it up today during lunch as well. Going to install in now and give it some play time. Got the last DVD copy too.

After that I need to stop all this impulse game buying; I'm turning into a retailers wet dream.

---

2329 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 63.
    < Newer [ 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo