Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2329 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2012, 11:22 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 10:33:
And things could get even more heated. Changes are happening now, as major U.S. carriers look for new ways to pump up profits by either adding to or reducing the number of coach seats, increasing legroom or cutting the distance between rows.

Fucking airlines. They should have all let them fail after 9/11 so new ones that actually work could rise from the ashes.

I can sit on a bicycle seat for hours on end in perfect comfort, but the four flights I was on this weekend were all miserable. Any more changes that reduce the comfort of a flight and I'll just stay on the ground.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
20. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 15:20 Bucky

ItBurn wrote on May 28, 2012, 15:12:
Vex wrote on May 28, 2012, 15:07:
If anyone is on the fence about this game, I strongly suggest you wait to purchase it. At this point you are paying to beta test the game, which is an insult considering how long the development cycle was. The game has been designed to train you to go to the auction house for your gear.

Are you nuts? Sure the game isn't perfect, but it's amazing. I'm going to go with this instead: Buy it right now. Give them money, so that they can continue to make amazing PC games.

+1

I've only bought on the auction house for some 18 DPS weapons for my low level characters, so that I could compare them all at roughly the same stats to get a feel for which one would be my next play through. I've sold a bunch of stuff on the auction house, and I've been slowly chugging my way up the ladder with both crafters.

Now I'm going to go play some more.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
7. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 13:13 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2012, 12:51:
Didnt read through since i am only at Act III, but I can see them nerfing Soul Harvest. That ability is insanely powerful. Just go into a group of 5+ and hit it, and for 30 seconds you get a through the roof buff of attack. Can wipe out a group of elites in a matter of seconds.

Also, was it just me, or were the drops awesome yesterday?

I swear they did a ninja loot table adjustment. I've been seeing a lot more rare drops than before, though that could just be entirely due to luck. I don't mind though, my Barbarian had to do some farming just to keep from getting slaughtered in Nightmare.

News Comments > ShootMania Storm Beta Signups & Trailer
10. Re: ShootMania Storm Beta Signups & Trailer May 24, 2012, 01:34 Bucky

Your weapon only changes if you're standing on a specialized platform, if things haven't changed from when this was written.

Any FPS that lacks hitscan weapons is a good thing, IMO. (And no, BF3 doesn't count--though it's still good).

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2012, 10:42 Bucky

InBlack wrote on May 21, 2012, 10:04:
Not weird, not at all. Depends on how far along you are, at one point in Nightmare Act2 the game difficulty sort of shoots skyward, at that point you NEED better loot. At least thats the feeling I get, but that part is sort of chock full of Champion packs and rare elite mobs.

Heck, I'm not even past the Skeleton King in Nightmare and I've already found that my best gear at the end of Normal is not nearly good enough. I more or less breezed through Normal, but Champion and Rare packs are eating me alive right now. Of course, the drops are also much better too. Most whites weapons that drop have a better DPS stat than my unique weapons.

I've stayed out of the auction house so far, but browsing through it shows me how easy it would be to get some better gear. Of course, most of the fun is from slaughtering stuff and finding better loot, so I'll probably hold off for awhile longer.

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 22:32 Bucky

The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2012, 22:03:
Bucky did you get your Legendary's from single player, and if multiplayer how many people on the server?

I got 1 around 12 or so off a Treasure Troll.

All single player. I didn't want to be rushed through the game before I'd gone through it at least once at my own pace. I don't remember what my exact MF bonus was, but I doubt it was high as I was focusing mostly on strength and vitality.

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 19:55 Bucky

So, I just beat D3. 22 hours, level 32 Barbarian. I ate dirt a few times on the last act; I'm definitely going to need to farm some better gear and work on my build.

I've decided to give the Demon Hunter a try. I figure I might as well go all the way when it comes to a ranged class, and I hated the DH during the Beta.

I also managed to get two legendary drops during my time with the Barbarian-once from a tiny chest and once from a barrel. Sure, drop rates are better on elites/champions/bosses, but I'm gonna keep breaking everything in sight.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 12:26 Bucky

My Barb is level 30 and chugging through Act III. I've created one of each class, but none of the others have even gotten past the Skeleton King yet. Once I finish normal with the Barb I'll probably take another class (non-melee) through; any votes on which one?

I've died a few times with the Barb, mostly because of the play style that class encourages: rush in and keep swinging. It's easy to get in over your head if you're not careful.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2012, 10:43 Bucky

I've been playing for most (ok, all) of the morning, and I haven't run into a single issue so far. Granted, I'm playing during off-peak hours, but the micro-stutter that was present in the Beta when an asset first loaded seems to be gone.

Then again, I just built a new, ridiculously overpowered rig last week, and the game automatically installed to my SSD--so that might have something to do with it too.

I also managed to get myself killed right after the Skeleton King, when I wandered outside and right into an elite pack I was not prepared for. If I've already died once in Act I Normal, what is Inferno going to do to me?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
79. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:37 Bucky

Latest update, for North America servers here. Looks Like I won't be playing before work, though I did manage to get a character created before everything went down.  

68. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:29 Bucky

The Half Elf wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:25:
If any Blues'ers are looking for someone to kill the demons with just hit up CptRanger on BattleTag or whatever it's called.

You'll need your full battletag, which should have a unique 4 digit number at the end of it.

I'm always up for Co-Op as well, just keep in mind I'm the exploring type. I like to check every area, and I'll double back in a dungeon if I've found the next level but haven't fully explored the one I'm on.

53. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 13:56 Bucky

Jdrez wrote on May 15, 2012, 13:54:
I still have the beta client installed. Does anybody know if buy a digital version will unlock/update that, or do you have to download the whole damn thing over again?

You've got to get the whole thing again. Get crackin'!

38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 13:37 Bucky

I have the box in hand, and I just read the servers will be down for emergency maintenance. They're supposed to come up....right when I go to work.

It's going to be a long 8 hours.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 10:52 Bucky

nin wrote on May 15, 2012, 10:46:
Woot - mine should be here this afternoon...

Mine too, and then I'll have to go to work. I'm seriously considering getting sick....

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details
26. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 00:05 Bucky

As excited as I am for Diablo 3, it's kinda nice that my copy won't be here until sometime Tuesday afternoon--I figure by then a least a few of the server kinks will have been worked out.

Does anyone know how many guest passes we get? I've got two promised to friends, but I'd be happy to share the rest with the Blue's crowd.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Ten Rules... May 14, 2012, 13:02 Bucky

The Pyro wrote on May 14, 2012, 11:17:
Re: Rule #1, IIRC Diablo 3 has a built-in clock. Hooray for adequate sleep!

Yeah, they put it in during the beta. I still managed to lose track of time, though.

Amazon has my CE listed as "Shipping Soon". I'm doing everything I can to make today go by faster.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. May 12, 2012, 19:53 Bucky

eunichron wrote on May 12, 2012, 18:18:
RollinThundr wrote on May 12, 2012, 16:30:
At the expense of removing any consequence or urgency. "Oh that skill doesn't work? Just swap it out"

Swapping abilities still has a cooldown. They've tweaked it here and there (it used to be something like a minute, now it's only like 10 seconds), but you can't just hotswap abilities in the middle of combat and expect to be OK.

I actually preferred the system that they had early in the beta where you could only swap abilities at 'shrines' in town and at the beginning of each dungeon. This gave more of a sense of permanence, and required the player to plan ahead before venturing forth, while still maintaining the benefits of the 'unified' skill system. But it's still better than, "Oh, that skill doesn't work? Better delete and start over from the beginning."

They've also introduced the Nephalem Valor buff to encourage balanced builds. Basically, as you kill elites/champions your MF chance increases, so long as you don't die and don't swap skills. They've repeatedly said the best method of getting loot is targeting champions and elites, with a boss at the end of the run.

This was the first link I found, also seems that the buff doesn't kick in until level 60. Nephalem Valor

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. May 12, 2012, 17:17 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 12, 2012, 17:00:
Personally....I guess I would just create a new char, but this is fine too. I do like the old school way of "well you screwed up if you don't like that, to bad so sad!". Probably trying to appeal to the masses. I guess if the purists have issue with it, then they just need to have self control and not swap stuff out.

That's the important line: screwing up a build. It follows that if you screw up a build then there are only so many correct ways, at which point the illusion of choice is far greater than the actual choice you have.

There are numerous Blue posts stating their reasons behind the skill system change far better than I can, all I know is that I like it. If I want an old school challenge (which I always associate with masochism), I'll play Hardcore.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2012, 16:22 Bucky

Prez wrote on May 12, 2012, 14:55:
Goddammit - they cancelled Alcatraz. Why do I bother watching any Sci-fi shows anymore?

It wasn't even that great, but it was decent, and it's not like we're flooded with choices these days.

I'm no Sci-Fi connoisseur (I'll watch pretty much anything), but Alcatraz didn't deserve a second season. The characters were dull, and the story was moving too slow to keep my interest--though I did slog through the full season.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 12, 2012, 16:19 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 12, 2012, 14:40:
3 days bitches!!!!! woohooo!!!!

I'm sure the delivery guy is gonna give me a strange look when he finds me sitting on the porch, waiting for the CE.

2329 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo