Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2329 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 22, 2012, 16:05 Bucky

Dev wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 16:03:
Edit:
Valve, protip:
It helps if your webpage is actually working and ya know, displays PRICING INFO on my wishlist!

Mine did that too. Just refresh a few times. The indie packs would also occasionally tell me they were unavailable in my region.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 22, 2012, 15:58 Bucky

My turn.

SpacChem DLC
Crusader Kings 2 + DLC
Warlock: Master of the Arcane + DLC
Saints Row: The Third + DLC
Sanctum DLC
Trine 2
Binding of Isaac DLC
Alan Wake + DLC
Frozen Synapse DLC
Dead Island + DLC
The Witcher 2
Civilization V Gods and Kinds DLC + Korea DLC
Batman Bundle
Serious Sam 3
Fallout: New Vegas DLC (just a few that I was missing)
Nexuiz + DLC
Hard Reset: Extended Edition

Total: $178.46

I only spent another $12 after cutting myself off last Sunday, which isn't bad. Now, the total damage is a bit more, ah, impressive. Of course, now that I own almost every game I had an interest in, I should have nothing to fear from the winter sale. *crosses fingers*

Edit: Is it bad that when I looked over my post, I was surprised to find that I'd purchased Dead Island? I had just been eyeing the flash sale too...

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jul 21, 2012, 10:55 Bucky

Prez wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 09:35:
Eirikrautha wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 09:32:
Anybody play Bulletstorm? I know it's EA, and I've heard it was underwhelming but I've wondered if it'd be worth $5...

In my opinion it's worth a playthrough. I had fun with it.

I agree. If you do pick it up, this thread should help you tweak it so that it plays better.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2012, 21:29 Bucky

I had to break my self-imposed ban on further purchases--Nexuiz was just too tempting, even if the purchase was entirely based off of Quake/UT nostalgia.  

News Comments > BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required
8. Re: BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required Jul 18, 2012, 10:28 Bucky

BF3 was (is?) a great game, but they definitely made some mistakes.

• VoIP. The lack of in-game voice, especially at squad level, is damn near criminal.

• Punkbuster. We need a better solution

• 'Premium' DLC. Quit making a grab for my wallet, it's annoying and sickening.

• Map design. Metro should never have existed, and several other maps have modes crammed into them that just don't work, such as Conquest Damavand Peak.

• I could go on, but I'm getting angry.

66. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 16, 2012, 10:07 Bucky

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 21:28:
    I'm officially cutting myself off, with the exception of Hard Reset.

Hahahahaha...just one more hit and I swear I'm done. :)

Ok, I may have needed the rest of the Fallout: NV DLC, but that doesn't count as a full game.

45. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 22:36 Bucky

Dev wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 22:13:
    Thanks for reminding me what a FRACKING PAIN that gfwl is.
    Thanks MS for rededicating yourself to us PC gamers a year or so ago. We've got so much to show us how much you love us.

I decided to play through Arkham Asylum again before diving into Arkham City, and I thought I was going to have to break something by the time I was done messing with GFWL.

38. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 21:20 Bucky

I haven't sat down and listed everything, nor figured out the damage. Lets see what we have:

SpacChem DLC
    Crusader Kings 2 + DLC
    Warlock: Master of the Arcane + DLC
    Saints Row: The Third + DLC
    Sanctum DLC
    Trine 2
    Binding of Isaac DLC
    Alan Wake + DLC
    Frozen Synapse DLC
    Dead Island + DLC
    The Witcher 2
    Civilization V Gods and Kinds DLC + Korea DLC
    Batman Bundle
    Serious Sam 3

Total: $167.01.

Stunned Sweet baby Freeman. I'm officially cutting myself off, with the exception of Hard Reset. I've gotten everything I wanted, and my Steam backlog is so long now I'd need a year off just to catch up.

News Comments > On Sale
    42. Re: On Sale Jul 14, 2012, 20:37 Bucky

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 20:19:
    Me as well. And honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if we see it cheaper before the sale is over. But I'd rather lock it in now at a semi low price than to wait and risk it not happening.

I've been wondering about that--do the flash and user choice sales have different discounts from the daily deals? Based on what I've seen, it looks like they stay the same and just have a chance of appearing more often.

News Comments > On Sale
    40. Re: On Sale Jul 14, 2012, 20:17 Bucky

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 19:08:
    Witcher 2 - $15.99! YOINK!

I've been waiting awhile for that one.

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter
    15. Re: Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter Jul 13, 2012, 12:51 Bucky

I have an extra copy of Defense Grid sitting in my Steam inventory, if anyone wants it.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
    22. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:19 Bucky

DangerDog wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:16:
    Bucky wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:10:
    As a general rule, if I'm even interested and it's under $5 I buy it. Anything over $5 has to be something I want--for instance, Rayman Origins is $15 right now. I'm interested, but not enough to bite at that price.

For games I own, I do the obligatory DLC check and pick up the extra content.

Then I wonder if games can go lower. Hard Reset, which is high on my list, is 75% off right now. It's $3.75. Is it really going to get an even greater discount? I'll wait, but damn, even at that price nobody should pass on it.

I just think of all the games I already own and haven't finished yet.

There's always lulls in the gaming world. There's not much due out in the next year that I'm interested in, so I'll have plenty of time to catch up (if Guild Wars 2 doesn't swallow me whole, that is).

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
    15. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:10 Bucky

As a general rule, if I'm even interested and it's under $5 I buy it. Anything over $5 has to be something I want--for instance, Rayman Origins is $15 right now. I'm interested, but not enough to bite at that price.

For games I own, I do the obligatory DLC check and pick up the extra content.

Then I wonder if games can go lower. Hard Reset, which is high on my list, is 75% off right now. It's $3.75. Is it really going to get an even greater discount? I'll wait, but damn, even at that price nobody should pass on it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2012, 13:52 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:45:
    FYI - looks like 3 different sales going on at once. You will want to check in every 6-8 hours. They are doing constant quick deals, voting sales, and the daily stuff, on top of group sales. So watch closely.

My workplace shuts down for a week every July, and shutdown just happens to be next week--happily coinciding with the Sale and these new flash sales. This is going to be great.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2012, 13:37 Bucky

Beamer wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:35:
    Steam sale up, Steam site down.

July 12-22. I should really just avoid Steam for the next 10 days.

Ah hell, who am I kidding. Time to go shopping!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Confirmed
    15. Re: Steam Summer Sale Confirmed Jul 6, 2012, 11:53 Bucky

linfosoma wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 11:50:
    The worst thing you can do is give a date you are not sure you can make, if you've ever seen any threads on the steam forums on the release day of a new game you'll know how crazy people get when their game is two minutes late.

I believe the creation, and acceptance, of 'Valve Time' is precisely why they never gives dates anymore. I can't blame them for that.

We can, however, blame them for the large body of evidence that led to the creation of the previously mentioned time translation matrix.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Confirmed
    3. Re: Steam Summer Sale Confirmed Jul 6, 2012, 10:56 Bucky

Wolfox wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 10:51:
    There's a lot of bundles already in the CDR database, and all signs point to a July 12 - July 23 period. So get your credit cards/wallets ready for next week. ;-)

You mean cut it in two and cancel the account?

I've been holding off on a lot of games while I wait for this sale. It's going to be an expensive, but glorious, week of spending.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
    22. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 4, 2012, 14:24 Bucky

The problem is that their entire end-game strategy was focused on the loot hunt, which would have been fine, except they didn't account for the impact the auction houses would have. As someone else mentioned, it doesn't help that you feel weaker as the game progresses, either.

The biggest flaw with the game is the auction house. It's completely broken the loot mechanics--to the point that it feels like Diablo 3 is just a mini-game inside of Auction House 3.

Granted, I'm still playing Diablo 3. I doubt I'll continue for much longer, and once Torchlight 2 or Guild Wars 2 gets here I'll probably stop playing completely.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
    2. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 12:51 Bucky

While I'm sure the intent was mostly sarcasm, the 1.03 patch, which is due by the end of the month, will adjust the loot tables to make inferno farming somewhat more viable. Source.  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 14:50 Bucky

Now the question is: do I pick up Warlock: Master of the Arcane now, or do I hold out and hope it goes on sale during the Steam summer sale?

Sure, Diablo 3 is consuming my life right now, but at some point I'm going to come up for air and want a different game to play.

2329 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 6.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo