Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2326 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Optimization Tips
33. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 08:19 Bucky

I'm having a lot of fun with the game; no performance issues (though I'm on a beast of a machine) and I haven't seen any cheaters. I think people cry cheat, especially in this game, when it's really just a good player combined with an especially good burn card (Active Radar Pulses or compete mini-map vision). That, and far too many people are still playing this game like any of the other modern military shooters--if you're walking around on the ground and peeking around corners you are an easy kill. Get wall running, get up high, and never stop moving.

As for the smart pistol, the only version that's BS is the Amped Smart Pistol burn card, because then it's a two-shot pilot kill instead of three. Otherwise, given equally skilled players, the smart pistol will lose in a heads up fight. If you were killed without ever seeing the other player, then he would have killed you anyway with a different gun because he had better position. I use the Smart Pistol when I want to minion farm, either because I have an XP burn card or to get my first Titan quicker than usual.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
10. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 20:30 Bucky

Trevellian wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:08:
I really don't see what you guys are all butthurt about. Thousands of people got to play the Beta on the public servers and it was fun

While ya'll are sitting here being crotchety as fuck for no good reason I'm going to enjoy the best fast paced FPS I've played (in BETA) in years. If the other 13 maps are as fun as the 2 in beta where then this game is worth what I paid for it.

I think a lot of you have forgotten that games are about fun. Not bashing a game because of who developed it or published it because some guys reviewed it on private servers. Get over it. So disappointing to read any of the comment threads on here anymore.

QFT.

Also, if I recall correctly, the beta hit 2 million people.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers for Titanfall
10. Re: New GeForce Drivers for Titanfall Mar 10, 2014, 18:04 Bucky

I couldn't drag myself away from the Beta. I haven't had that much fun in a multiplayer FPS in a long, long time (HL:DM, maybe?). Needless to say, I have it preloaded and I'm probably going to wake up early so I can get a few hours in before work.

I could say why I like it so much, but others have already done it better than me. What I will say is that the game deserves to be played before you pass judgement.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
53. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 22:50 Bucky

I for one am looking forward to this game. I played the beta a ton, and loved it. Great movement, good balance, and solid map design. It's pre-ordered and I'm itching to play. I'll take good gameplay any day.

Now, I've also play a lot of Battlefield. Let's face it, BF4 is a goddamn mess. They're crowning achievement, months after release, is a relatively stable game. The first DLC had no levolution events (so much for that marketing bullet) and the promised balance pass still hasn't arrived. There are some horrible balance issues, especially with regard to the vehicles and map design (see the MAA and Dragon Pass for excellent examples).

News Comments > Steam Video Capture Utility
5. Re: Steam Video Capture Utility Feb 24, 2014, 17:25 Bucky

The question is, how does it perform versus nVidia's ShadowPlay? I've been using ShadowPlay since they added the option to change the temp directory, and I love it.  

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders
14. Re: Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders Feb 3, 2014, 16:12 Bucky

Flo wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 10:12:
Ben Kuchera said the game is awesome and I tend to believe him.

Yup, it's when I read his comments on the game that it really got my attention. I did some more digging, and found many more people saying the same thing.

Now, I also preordered BF4. From here on out, I'm taking the RPS recommended approach and not preordering anything ever again. So, I'll wait a few days to see how the community feels about the game, or really, just to make sure it actually runs, and then I'll probably hop on board. If it plays like the first Call of Duty games, has mechs, and has vertical combat, I'm in.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
4. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 6, 2014, 22:03 Bucky

As soon as they give me the OS in a more polished state and sell me the controllers, I'll build my own box. Well, maybe not right away. I'll probably just drop the SteamOS on my gaming rig, plug in the controllers and see how it works before I build another system.  

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed
11. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 13:22 Bucky

I'm one of the suckers that picked up BF4 and the premium pack. Granted, I got both at 20% off, but I'm still pissed I gave them that much money.

I've been playing BF4 since the open Beta, so I've suffered through the whole saga. The game has been stable for me since the Dec 20th patch. What drives me insane right now is just how imbalanced the game is. Mobile Anti-Air tanks with Active Radar missles can shut down the air game on a map completely. Attack Choppers are flying coffins, while Scout Choppers with an Engineer repairing are flying tanks. The Attack Jet is a gift from the gods, smiting all who oppose it (if there's no MAA around) and the Designated Marksman Rifles (DMRs) suck so badly that I just laugh when someone is shooting at me with one.

With all that said, I still play almost daily. Those 'only in Battlefield' moments are addicting, and there's no other game that provides that fix. Where else can you cover an ATV in C4, send it flying at an enemy tank only to have another enemy tank crash into him, and then blow them both sky high while watching from a safe distance?

I must've laughed for about 5 minutes after I pulled that off.

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week
2. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 13:51 Bucky

Trevellian wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 13:37:
Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times

Fucking seriously?

Yes. I spent a lot of time not playing and waiting for the first patch just to fix the crash issues, and now I've spent more time not playing and waiting for the bloody One Hit Kill bug to get fixed. That and the insanely annoying screen blur.

I'll try playing again once this patch is released. If I run face first into another glaring bug that I can't overlook, I'll write the game off as a loss and wait for Titanfall to get my multiplayer fix.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups
1. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups Nov 8, 2013, 22:49 Bucky

Hey Blue, you've got the MOBA trailer attached to a news post about a card game. I know, it's hard to keep straight when they do more than just make WoW expansions....  

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Nov 8, 2013, 22:45 Bucky

Damn, it looks like they're finally starting to get it right. I might have to give this is second look now.

Nephalem Rifts are pretty much just their version of Torchlight II's mapworks, but the bounty system looks interesting.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
9. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 4, 2013, 20:10 Bucky

Heck the $50 I pledged is worth the entertainment I'm getting out of the development phase. If they actually release a game I'll just count it as a bonus.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
16. Re: Game Reviews Nov 3, 2013, 17:52 Bucky

IFVs and Fast Attack Craft are insane right now. I have both fully unlocked, they just destroy anything in their path. The TOW on the IFV is a must, it's a two shot kill on a tank and the next round is in the chamber almost before the first one has hit.

Don't even get me started on the boat. With two good gunners and an engineer doing repairs, you become an unstoppable god of watery death.

14. Re: Game Reviews Nov 3, 2013, 16:46 Bucky

nin wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 14:55:
Same here. I guess I'll just wait for it to drop to $20, for the SP portion.

Listen, for the single player, it's not even worth that. It's horrible. The story makes no sense, and the characters even less. Irish is so badly written it made me want to scream. Half of the game was scripted events or listening to people talk, and in both cases you have no control. The last 'mission' is one single firefight, and then you can sleepwalk your way through the rest (see the previous sentence). Actually, I was reading a book while I did it the second and third times for the weapon unlocks.

As for difficulty, there isn't any. Set it to hard, grab yourself a semi-auto sniper rifle, and waltz your way through the game.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could think the single player is good. Maybe it's just the years of Battlefield and CoD giving us such horrendous single player experiences that people have forgotten what good single player is.

6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 2, 2013, 22:40 Bucky

I was at about a 35% crash rate as of yesterday, but it looks like the last couple of server patches have cured all of my crashing issues. I just played a half dozen rounds without issue on two different servers. This is surprising, since I would have believed a client patch was necessary too. The crashes are gone, the micro-stutter is gone, and the audio on the Dam map seems fixed.

In short, after the usual DICE launch issues, the game is a blast. I feel like balance is way better overall, and the maps are much better than the BF3 stock maps.

Edit: Cursed myself. All the issues are back. I don't understand how I go 2+ hours without an issue, and then can't even complete a round.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2013, 23:48.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
44. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 21:59 Bucky

TangledThorns wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 21:48:
Stupid question. Does BF4 support VOIP this time?

Yeah, it's Push-to-talk and enabled on a squad basis in-game. At least, I believe so. They changed the VoIP options around, and I'm still digging through to find all the settings and whatnot.

As of 10PM EST, things are officially following standard DICE launch protocols. Battlelog is crumbling under the strain, and certain bugs are starting to appear. There's a lovely stutter on many servers, an intermittent audio cut-out, and a whole lot of crashing.

With that said, it's still a lot of fun and I believe better than BF3. They've just got some stuff to iron out.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
38. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 16:31 Bucky

So, I've played a couple of hours now. Here are my early thoughts:

• Map design is much better

• Infantry gameplay is slower, more tactical than BF3.

• Vehicles feel much more balanced to me. Skill and proper usage are more important now.

• Performance is a LOT better than the Beta

• Unlocking the defib still sucks

• ShadowPlay is great. Got a fantastic clip of me scraping a gunner off of a chopper with my first tank shell, and destroying the chopper with my second. :)

• If anyone wants to play: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/Spawk413/

News Comments > New WHQL GeForce Drivers
    16. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 16:13 Bucky

BurntSoul wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 15:03:
    How about a second person?

Anyway, ShadowPlay is brainless to set up (because it's already done). A key command will automatically save 5 minutes of past gameplay. The high setting will make a 1.9GB file in that 5 minutes (resolution is 1920x1080 at 60FPS). I don't know if the driver scans your system and gives you the best setting for your rig, but that was automatically selected for me. You can also extend the automatic shadowplay mode for up to 20 minutes (7.5 GB file) and lower the quality. Finally, you can also go into 'manual' mode, which I'm guessing is recording whenever for however long that you want to.

Make it a third, and I use GeForce Experience to pull in and install the Beta drivers as well.

Out of laziness (since I could just go play with it), does ShadowPlay start recording when you hit the key command, or does it record in a continuous loop and then save when you execute the command?

Edit: Reading comprehension failure. BurntSoul had already given me the answer, and I even quoted it. Embarassed

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
    34. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 16:09 Bucky

McJammiepants wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 03:09:
    Suppa7 wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 01:07:

Bullshit, this close to release they don't have time to make serious changes. What you saw in the beta will 99% be closest to the final. Every fucking beta works like this, morons like you who haven't experienced enough actual beta's deny it though.

I bet you can't even name one game where beta and retail were radically different.

BF3. Not only are you being inflammatory, you are also quite wrong. The BF3 beta was an older build than what DICE were working with when the beta was being held. The final release was noticeably different both in performance, game play, and aesthetic. This is straight fact, guy.

I can confirm this as well. The BF3 beta was so bad that I regretted the pre-order, convinced as I was that they could never have the game ready for release. Then it came out and I sank a few hundred hours into it, with only minimal (Battlelog related) issues at launch.

For the $48 I paid for BF4, I'm quite happy, even if it's just new maps and some tweaks.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
    20. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 27, 2013, 09:56 Bucky

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 23:53:
    Normal just irks me because I hate having to dump a whole mag into someone just to have them dance a behind cover and regenerate, then dance out and kill me with a lucky headshot.

It felt to me like they've done a lot of rebalancing, even on normal. I was regularly able to sneak up on a squad and drop 3 people with a single mag. In BF3 getting more than 2 guys with one mag was a challenge.

Should we create a Blue's News platoon? We had one for BF3, though I don't know if it'll transfer into BF4.

2326 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo