Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B.S.

Real Name B.S.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wilson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 2003, 19:26
Total Comments 276 (Amateur)
User ID 18082

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > New Dwarf Fortress
15. Re: New Dwarf Fortress Apr 2, 2010, 22:26 Wilson

The only game where thrown vomit is deadly, money is useless, and each layer of skin has its own hitpoints.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Atari on GOG.com
23. Re: Atari on GOG.com Mar 25, 2010, 22:25 Wilson

What about MOO2?

In my perfect fantasy world, someone like GoG would somehow magically twist some arms and get a dev team to update and fix some of the old games that really need patches, in addition to putting them back on the market.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2010, 13:42 Wilson

And, five years later, people re-discover YTMND.  

News Comments > Dudebro II Announced
7. Re: Dudebro II Announced Feb 8, 2010, 12:15 Wilson

It's like Matt Hazard, only even more tired.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas in Fall
34. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in Fall Feb 4, 2010, 21:24 Wilson

So Obsidian is to Bioware what Treyarch is to Infinity Ward?  

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Gets Vampires and Werewolves
9. Re: Battlefield Heroes Gets Vampires and Werewolves Jan 30, 2010, 03:15 Wilson

Wow . TF2's Halloween event was a neat idea, but that was because it occurred near Halloween. And was free.  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx Announced
10. Re: Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx Announced Jan 29, 2010, 13:56 Wilson

The ending, final boss, and even the last few areas of Borderlands were so progressively awful that I regret the purchase. This despite the initial areas being kinda fun. I should've guessed the game would be hilariously repetitive because it's impossible for any developer to conceive of modern co-op gameplay that's not.  

News Comments > On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG
7. Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG Jan 23, 2010, 00:13 Wilson

Sounds like Pete Hines' special brand of bull in those replies.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 DRM and GFWL Info
56. Re: BioShock 2 DRM and GFWL Info Jan 20, 2010, 18:32 Wilson

Moving saved games to the cloud is brilliant, from the publisher's point of view. Who wants to play a game of any significant length that can't save?

From a gamer's point of view, of course, it's abhorrent, but since the game will sell millions of copies regardless, it'll happen. It's a good thing big-name video games are hardly worth playing these days.

News Comments > Why Shooters Need Dedicated Servers
36. Re: Why Shooters Need Dedicated Servers Jan 6, 2010, 23:02 Wilson

Let's not forget that dedicated-server games can usually keep running after the matchmaking servers are shut down, cough "recent EA maneuvers" cough.  

News Comments > PC Gamer UK: Dragon Age "RPG of the Decade"
55. Re: DA "RPG of the Decade" Oct 27, 2009, 10:52 Wilson

It'll feel like a Bioware game. I don't really know what to call it, but Bioware games all just have this reek of similarity.  

News Comments > Still More on MW2 Servers
64. Re: More on MW2 Servers Oct 21, 2009, 10:14 Wilson

They can defend it however they like. I can act every bit the consumer and make whatever irrational choice I want. I'm not buying.

(And I feel like I have to say that I don't ever think I joined a server in MW where I felt certain someone was cheating.)

News Comments > No MW2 Dedicated Server
23. Re: No MW2 Dedicated Server Oct 18, 2009, 13:56 Wilson

Well, it's always nice when a game I'm ambivalent about suddenly gains some stupid quality that relieves me of the temptation to buy it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2009, 16:46 Wilson

Food wonk is, unfortunately, intimately tied into health wonk, and we all know how annoying that is.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Oct 14, 2009, 16:42 Wilson

I'm not buying Left 4 Dead 2 because the first one was boring after the first campaign and the community was literally the worst I've ever played in.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 16:41 Wilson

Holy crap, Fist of the North Star is still relevant?  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Plans?
30. Re: PlanetSide 2 Plans? Sep 27, 2009, 02:35 Wilson

Planetside only really worked well when you played regularly with a few other guys, kinda like every other MMO. The anti-vehicle weapons, for instance, were individually weak because they were meant to be used by three to five guys shooting in tandem at the same vehicle.

In general, it's tough for people to think of balance in FPSes when you consider situations larger than the scale of one-on-one combat but smaller than that of team balance.

News Comments > 2 Million BF Heroes, Update Next Week
36. Re: BF Heroes Update News Sep 26, 2009, 13:34 Wilson

I hadn't even noticed this being formally released.

Don't worry. They'll start introducing micropayment-only items eventually. Maybe not even in this game, but eventually.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Movies & Preorder Item Clarification
4. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Movies & Preorder Item Clarification Sep 5, 2009, 15:38 Wilson

The funny thing is that someone will be unhappy with preorder items no matter what they are. If they're substantial content (like maps), non-preordering people will be incensed. If they're little things like a new weapon, non-preordering people will be irritated. If they're purely cosmetic, the people who DO preorder will be annoyed.

The problem is that publishers and distributors make more money this way, so of course they'll keep doing it.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Classless Update Released
12. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 14, 2009, 00:38 Wilson

I kinda wonder if the medal thing isn't some ploy by Valve to see who'd enter their username and password into some web site that asks for it. I mean, sure, it has a Steampowered url, but Valve has done something like this before--they enabled the "delete" function for unlocks even though (and they told people this) there wouldn't be at that time any way to get them back. They counted on people testing it out for them even if they were told not to do it.  

276 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo