Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1222 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Torchlight II Sells 2 Million
17. Re: Torchlight II Sells 2 Million Jul 25, 2013, 13:19 Pigeon

I picked this up in the summer sale. I've not invested a lot of time in it (so many other games to play), but so far I'm enjoying it. It feels a lot more like diablo II than diablo 3 does; even the music is similar. I'm glad they've had a lot of success.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 25, 2013, 09:34 Pigeon

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 04:37:
Necrophob wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 21:23:
Those Beats headphones are such a rip-off. Designed by Monster, the company known for selling way overpriced stereo cables. I watch people walking around with those things on, and then watch a movie like National Lampoon's Vacation and laugh. The headphones the kids wear in that movie were SMALLER than the Beats headphones. We're going forward, in reverse.

Actually their priceless, how else are you going to spot the douches with ease?

I'd be curious to see how they stack up against other similarly priced headphones. At $300 they're in the same category as a lot of the big name audio mid-lines. If they're anything like Monster cables they're no different than products 1/10th their price

News Comments > Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank
24. Re: Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank Jul 24, 2013, 16:30 Pigeon

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 15:56:
El Pit wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 15:14:

Yeah. Paying taxes is evil. Let the people pay taxes, not us multi-billion companies.
Nothing is stopping you from off-shoring your money either.

Because normal people and small businesses don't have a fleet of lawyers and accountants to keep the IRS from slapping them with tax dodging charges like big corporations do?

News Comments > Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank
12. Re: Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank Jul 24, 2013, 12:00 Pigeon

As much as I've been disappointed acti-blizz lately, I'd hate to see them taken out like this. I understand the karmic joy one might experience by seeing a company that's seemingly, and increasingly doing it for the money, being destroyed by a company that is designed to suck up money while producing nothing of real value. Maybe its the idea that someday acti-bizz can redeem themselves, or the thought that many wonderful IPs, however misused they currently are, will be sucked into the cancerous void that is Vivendi.  

News Comments > Stardock's Star Control Reboot Plans
21. Re: Stardock's Star Control Reboot Plans Jul 24, 2013, 08:40 Pigeon

I've not played the original, but SC2 was great. How can you say no to more Spathi?  

News Comments > QuakeCon 2013: Two Carmack Talks & Tourneys Announced
5. Re: QuakeCon 2013: Two Carmack Talks & Tourneys Announced Jul 23, 2013, 09:06 Pigeon

nin wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 08:49:
LanikTnt wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 06:58:
You forgot Rage sucks.

Was laughing when that won the $5 sale..."really?!"

To be fair, that's probably what its actually worth... I'm still not buying it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: NSA Jul 22, 2013, 13:39 Pigeon

double post  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: NSA Jul 22, 2013, 13:38 Pigeon

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 12:55:
It's simple, dipshit, Facebook isn't about to send 50 guys with body armor and machine guns to knock down your door for something stupid. I trust them with my information because I know WHY they want it. (To make me spend money)

^This. The consequences for Facebook misinterpreting something you say and the government misinterpreting things is a bit different. Point in case the kid that got thrown in jail for making a joke in bad taste. Facebook probably just sent him ads for Devry because he mentioned education. The authorities threw him into one of Texas' lovely prisons. I'm aware that wasn't the NSA's doing, but my point remains the same, bad shit happens when the government overreacts.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 22, 2013, 11:49 Pigeon

nin wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 09:31:
Game director says Microsoft's next console stands a good chance against PS4 if it arrives on time

Good Luck With That.

It doesn't even stand a good chance against the PS4 in the US. I think they're back to the first stage of grief over their already dead product. I know we've already seen anger and bargaining.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 14:06 Pigeon

siapnar wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 12:33:
At this point, Skyrim has GOT to be very close to the biggest success story in video game history.

Anyone tried Monaco?

Yeah I gave in on the first day when it was 40% off, I had been hoping for a better discount, but figured that was going to be the limit. I think the game is too popular right now for them to consider discounting it even more. Maybe come Christmas time it'll hit 50-66% off. Its a lot of game for 35$, so no regrets there.

EDIT: Oh yes picked up torchlight II as well. Its everything Diablo 3 isn't i.e., good.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2013, 14:13.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jul 19, 2013, 08:32 Pigeon

ď...and wrapping a big sweaty guy around Batman didnít seem like such an appealing thing. So if we changed that to a girl that didnít seem such a bad thing.Ē

Amusing on many levels

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
16. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 17, 2013, 08:55 Pigeon

Of course they won't the xbox ones are completely harmless, you could and should have one in every room of your home cause we're totally not watching you ...btw you should really throw out those old pizza boxes.  

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2013, 08:46 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 07:45:
Rhino wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 07:33:
So what is the verdict on Torchlight II, seeing as it's on a Flash deal? I realize that it has been... freaking YEARS since I played an ARPG of this sort. Lasting appeal? Just fine for a quick romp and then gets old? Damned fine and likely to be enjoyed by anyone that enjoys a bit o' killing? Insert additional poorly worded question here as I get ready to run to the office until lunch?

Simply put, if you like Diablo style games, then get it.

I've avoided picking this one up not being sure I wanted another diablo style game. But at $5 its like why the fuck not.

As for the psychology of the summer sale they do an excellent job of getting their hooks into people. This is probably one of the reasons the steam summer sale gets more attention than GoG or amazon's summer sale. However all these hooks are secondary to the main attraction, i.e. awesome deals. If games weren't 50-75% off people wouldn't be nearly as excited as they are.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 16, 2013, 11:25 Pigeon

I prefer to think of PC gaming as undead. It can take a shotgun blast to the face, but it keeps going. Actually with the seeming surge of indie success on digital distribution platforms like steam and GoG, and the mass of kick-starters promising 'made for PC' games, things are looking pretty good. The only thing we're really hurting from is major publishers doing crappy ports and/or shackling the games to crappy DRM.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 15:22 Pigeon

A fallout series would/could be awesome. As in most things execution is key.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 13:33 Pigeon

"Yeah I'm a fan!" he said. "Even I can't find a way to complain about it."

Quite an accomplishment I understand.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 15, 2013, 11:59 Pigeon

It depends on what you're searching for, but it can get pretty bad. Usually software searches, especially freeware, tends to display crap (i.e. scam sites) results first.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 14:55 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 14:44:
Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 14:09:
There's a cheap solution for the dishwasher problem, do them by hand. I've never had a dishwasher. I really don't understand the need for one unless you've got maybe 4+ people in your household.

Simplicity, cleanliness, sanitizing, counter space, etc esp with the baby on the way.

Sanitizing and cleaner looking are my main reasons. I scrub everything before I put it in the dishwasher, so its certainly not out of laziness.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 12, 2013, 14:12 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 10:57:
Pigeon wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 09:38:
What company wouldn't want an always on camera and microphone that's connected to the internet in their board rooms?

So you can then watch MS patent the stuff you've been talking about three weeks ago!

Creston

Who knew Microsoft's R&D division was working on compressor turbines and women's bra hooks?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 12, 2013, 13:48 Pigeon

Beamer wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 13:05:
I still don't think marketers want this information.
They don't have a way to parse it. They don't have much use for it regardless. It doesn't really change anything. They already know most commercials aren't watched because people get up. That doesn't really reduce their effectiveness much, because they're still heard.

Maybe if it sees you get it up it pauses the commercial. Didn't think it was going to be that easy to get away from the advertisements did you?

I gather the idea is that its able to differentiate between people, so it'd know who watches what. I like the idea that it would observe you and then tailor ads based on observations though. I'd like to think there would be a sizable segment of the population that would only get commercials for weight loss, Kleenex and jerkin's hand lotion.

1222 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo