Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1185 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 14:55 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 14:44:
Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 14:09:
There's a cheap solution for the dishwasher problem, do them by hand. I've never had a dishwasher. I really don't understand the need for one unless you've got maybe 4+ people in your household.

Simplicity, cleanliness, sanitizing, counter space, etc esp with the baby on the way.

Sanitizing and cleaner looking are my main reasons. I scrub everything before I put it in the dishwasher, so its certainly not out of laziness.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 12, 2013, 14:12 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 10:57:
Pigeon wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 09:38:
What company wouldn't want an always on camera and microphone that's connected to the internet in their board rooms?

So you can then watch MS patent the stuff you've been talking about three weeks ago!

Creston

Who knew Microsoft's R&D division was working on compressor turbines and women's bra hooks?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 12, 2013, 13:48 Pigeon

Beamer wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 13:05:
I still don't think marketers want this information.
They don't have a way to parse it. They don't have much use for it regardless. It doesn't really change anything. They already know most commercials aren't watched because people get up. That doesn't really reduce their effectiveness much, because they're still heard.

Maybe if it sees you get it up it pauses the commercial. Didn't think it was going to be that easy to get away from the advertisements did you?

I gather the idea is that its able to differentiate between people, so it'd know who watches what. I like the idea that it would observe you and then tailor ads based on observations though. I'd like to think there would be a sizable segment of the population that would only get commercials for weight loss, Kleenex and jerkin's hand lotion.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 12, 2013, 09:38 Pigeon

What company wouldn't want an always on camera and microphone that's connected to the internet in their board rooms?  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
26. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 15:07 Pigeon

Little surprised Bioshock is %50 off seeing as it just came out. I'm a little flummoxed Skyrim Legendary is only %40 off on a flash sale. An awesome deal to be sure but I was hoping for %50 or %60 off. I'll probably pick it up when I get home, been waiting for it to go on sale for awhile now, my patience on this matter may be over

Antichamber looks interesting as well, is it the kind of game you can play for 15 minutes and feel like you've done something? Easily put down and picked back up kinda thing?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2013, 13:26 Pigeon

*Jams credit card into CD player* GIVE M3GAMES!!!

Looks like Skyrim everything edition will be $35. Was hoping for a bit better than that, but still not a bad deal.

Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 13:20:
SUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMERRRRRR SAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEE!!!!

/checks wallet.

Cry

Creston

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2013, 11:02 Pigeon

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 10:31:
Yeah the "deal with it" comment was spot on a while back if you look at Microsoft's attitude towards their customers.
Options? What options? It is what it is deal with it or gtfo
However the preorder numbers hit them in the face hard.

Microsoft tends to have this delusion that because they compete with Apple, they can get away with the same closed garden, use the product as we say approach.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 11, 2013, 10:07 Pigeon

The information encoding is realised in five dimensions: the size and orientation in addition to the three dimensional position of these nanostructures.

Incase anyone else was thinking 5D!? how the fuck...? So don't worry your 3D TVs aren't obsolete yet but they're still a gimmick.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Jul 11, 2013, 09:21 Pigeon

That's pretty fucking nasty and a terrible idea. There are too many people that are just fucking disgusting. I'd like to think that at the place I work the other employees are enlightened contentious people, but apparently no. As we have a few troglodytes that manage to piss all over the floor. I can understand a drop or two, some unintended splash, but no, there's a fucking lake by the urinal sometimes. How do you get that much piss on floor and not notice/care? So sink-urinal will = sink-urinal covered in urine.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 10, 2013, 21:41 Pigeon

Tom wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 21:29:
A tnt panel? That sounds dangerous!

Yeah, but the explosions in games and movies look so realistic.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2013, 10:57 Pigeon

Prez wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:42:
InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:34:
Crazy Mormon gaybasher or not, Ender's game is a great novel. One of the finest Sci-Fi novels ever written and I cant wait to see the movie. Especially considering that Card has spent the last twenty years trying to get movie off the ground that would keep the story more or less intact. He turned down nunmerous offers over the years for a simple moneygrab. Also Harrison Ford & Ben Kingsley in a Sci-Fi movie. Fuck yeah!

I agree - looking forward to the movie. I don't care about all the gay/anti-gay drama. People in the public eye - CEO's, artists, actors, musicians, etc. - need to learn to keep their damn opinions to themselves or learn that voicing opinions has consequences and deal with it. I vote for STFU and just do what your famous for - entertaining us through your chosen medium, but that's just me.

Right, if you're going to stand up and share your intolerant personal beliefs with the public, then don't be surprised when some of the public tells you your beliefs are stupid. And then to turn around and play the, don't persecute me card, makes you look like I giant turd.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 10, 2013, 08:58 Pigeon

Slick wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 04:42:
HL2 on steam sale? no one else is picking up on this? when was the last time there was a purely HL2 based source sale???

There are people who still don't have this game?

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Updated - Microtransactions Confirmed
15. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Updated - Microtransactions Confirmed Jul 9, 2013, 15:17 Pigeon

Kedyn wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 14:57:
Has Blizzard made leveling artifacts account-bound yet? Or am I stuck with them on the same server still?

They call them account bound, but really they're server bound. So you can share between factions, but not servers. So yeah, its still a bitch to start completely over on a new server to play with friends or what have you.

On that subject I think there are numerous ways they could improve the leveling experience for those who already have multiple toons. Selling exp boosts as a way to 'improve' the leveling experience is a pretty bad solution from a game play perspective. Its all about the money, no need to try and sugar coat it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 9, 2013, 11:11 Pigeon

$823,000?! I would have needlessly destroyed their equipment for a mere $200k. Why yes, my sledge hammer eradicates malware, and you won't have to worry about them getting infected again, or spreading the infection.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Updated - Microtransactions Confirmed
5. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Updated - Microtransactions Confirmed Jul 9, 2013, 10:54 Pigeon

as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.

On the road to P2W. Pets and mounts aren't any big deal, they're just fluff, but paying to increase experience gains, and paying to increase chances to get loot aren't a good sign. How they're currently presenting it isn't game breaking, but assuming its a success I have no doubt they'll expand the advantage of micro transactions.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2013, 13:56 Pigeon

Prez wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 12:48:
They should go back to cartridges!

In my very biased eyes the SNES was their best system. Maybe they could do SNESHD . Focus on fun simple games instead of coming up with new (bizarre) controller gimmicks to try and keep people interested in their brand.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2013, 11:10 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 10:37:
"even though basically every game developer has been creating games 'in HD' since 2005, we literally ignored every single thing they've done and decided to bravely tackle this momentous step in 2012. Thus, when we realized that it takes a bit more effort to make HD graphics vs the shitty resolution the Wii ran at, we were taken completely by surprise."

Rolleyes

Creston

This just in, Nintendo has discovered round makes for a better wheel!!

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2013, 09:40 Pigeon

Leave it to Nintendo to be blind sided by technology that has been mainstream for the last 8 years or so.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2013, 10:40 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 10:03:
Weird list....think everyone is holding back for the big sale....

Agreed. I'm waiting for Skyrim to go on sale, why pay $60 when a little patience will net you the same thing for $30 or less

I did pick up Dust: An Elysian Tail on sale this week. Its a fun side-srcolly beat'em up RPG kinda thing. They did a commendable job porting it to PC as well. Its got kind of a Saturday morning cartoon feel too it. Very enjoyable game for $7.50.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Engine Features
5. Re: Watch_Dogs Engine Features Jul 6, 2013, 14:06 Pigeon

swedishfriend wrote on Jul 6, 2013, 13:22:
PC will rule at least at the super high-end.

Only with terrible controls and UI, because if they did a PC UI right there'd be no reason to buy it on consoles.

1185 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo