Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1190 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: GRRM Jul 28, 2014, 15:53 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 15:20:
Stormsinger wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 15:06:
Admittedly, the man's a slow writer, but I suspect that may have something to do with why his books are uniformly good.

Uniformly good? I wouldn't go that far haha.

I think the show has actually exceeded the books in many aspects but I worry about where they'll take it. Its clear he cannot finish the series as fast as they can film it (which is so messed up considering the jump he had on it) so now the concern is what they decide to do with the vague outline he gave them for the series ending.

Edit: spelling

Maybe they'll do what they do when a popular anime exceeds the comic its based on... season after season of filler Get ready for 'The Erstwhile adventures of Hodor'!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: FCC Poised to Act on Regional Sports Blackouts, Prices Jul 28, 2014, 15:43 Pigeon

I don't know about the legality of what they're doing, but I do know these teams that are supposedly "non-profit", that get stadiums paid for in large by taxpayers, and then get to soak up all the concessions, ticket sales, merchandising and ad revenue, and then turn around and do these exclusive deals with a cable network can go fornicate themselves with something sharp and rusty.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 12:59 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 11:55:
PHJF wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 10:19:
Can you guys shut up about Destiny? I don't want to buy a console with only one worthwhile game on it, however crack cocaine-like its euphoric potential may be.

Its a cool game but man playing FPS with a gamepad is just so messed up. The whole difficulty comes from the retarded aiming rather than the AI or etc. People always tell me you need time to adjust and all that but it is just inferior to mouse aiming several times over. I think I might just wait and see if a PC version comes out. I'm having fun with the beta but I find myself equally frustrated with the aiming.

In my experience I've been able to adjust to the point where it's not terrible, but never enough to the point where I feel I have the control of a mouse and keyboard. I've had the feeling too where I think, if I had a mouse and keyboard I would be destroying this right now instead of barely holding on.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 25, 2014, 08:35 Pigeon

You can be fined, we can do that, but...  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2014, 11:39 Pigeon

ldonyo wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 10:22:
I'd be more impressed with an app that exposed honest politicians...

How would you know if its working?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 24, 2014, 09:30 Pigeon

Were they just sitting on this update so when Microsoft announced they were going to have bluray 3D support they could say, 'US TOO AND FIRST!!'? I really don't care about 3D bluray, but it just seems like very coincidental timing.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2014, 14:41 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 11:14:
This kid is playing a bowling game at a bowling alley.

....with a bowling glove on....

I'd like to think the kid loves bowling so much he plays the bowling game in between frames. The other option is that he has such an aversion to even minimal physical activity, he'd rather play video game bowling than the real thing.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2014, 10:39 Pigeon

BitWraith wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 09:31:
I just checked out that youtube channel. That girl is boned. While I hate the music industry as much as the next guy, you can't just use whatever you want in your work - images and music alike.

At first I thought you may have been talking about the 2nd article

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2014, 09:44 Pigeon

There's no doubt that blind and deaf people, who use special online services to communicate, need access to zippy Internet. Similarly, smartphone-based medical devices that are popular with disabled people require fast Internet service. Telecom industry lobbyists have argued that, without a fast lane, disabled Americans could get stuck with subpar service as Internet traffic increases.

So are they offering to upgrade these special online services to the "fast lane" for free? Cause I'm going to hazard a guess that these 'special' services that target such a small vulnerable population probably don't have lots of extra funds around to pay for fast lanes. So in all likelihood when they can't afford to pay the ISPs their ransom they'll be stuck on the slow-lane.

Does Verizon do anything to help this group of people (that isn't part of a government paid program)?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 22, 2014, 09:54 Pigeon

Literally, by the time a child is 18 years of age, they‘ve killed over 100,000 people in video games and other online things.

Literally huh? So when you kill something in a videogame there's a corresponding 'real life' death? Or maybe the Citizens United case had further reaching consequences than anyone imagined, and goombas are considered people too.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2014, 10:03 Pigeon

Get ready to wait a long time Chattanooga, or better yet go after your state government that's decided its unfair to make Comcast and AT&T compete...ever...against anyone.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 11:53 Pigeon

Even the first one was terrible. If you're so insecure people's suggestions or criticisms on your build trouble you that deeply, you should probably spend your PC building money on a therapist instead. I usually solicit people's opinions when I'm building a new machine because they may point out something I didn't consider or know.  

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 17, 2014, 10:05 Pigeon

Someday I hope I can be so wealthy a team of lawyers working on my behalf, will sue people for expressing their admiration of me and/or products I create.  

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 14:26 Pigeon

Beamer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 13:17:
ldonyo wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 10:42:
No, texting doesn't affect their grammar and spelling skills. Their grammar and spelling skills are atrocious, regardless of whether or not they text. Too many of them depend on spell-checking and grammar-checking to bother learning how to do either one by themselves.

I'm guessing they spend too much time on your lawn, too!

I love all the "millennials are awful" rants and articles, mostly because the people writing them, so convinced their generation was better, are forgetting all the articles written about how awful they were when they were in their 20s. You can go back as far as both newspapers and the concept of "generations" exist and find articles about how the people in their 20s are uneducated, uncaring morons that will never, ever be productive members of society.
And that they spend too much time on other people's lawns!

We can all agree the boomers are the worst, right?!

Uncertainty is always scary. When we look back to when we were kids it's easy to forgive the stupid stuff we did because it turned out okay, society didn't crumble and we were wiser for our mistakes. When you look at the current generation logic would suggest their experience will be the same but different because the environment has changed slightly, just as it has for every generation. But that uncertainty says, 'What if they're the downfall of humanity because they were coddled too much, or because their smart phone made them dumb?'

Now if you want to go full misanthrope you just say, 'everyone has always been stupid and its amazing we haven't annihilated ourselves off the planet yet.'

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 16, 2014, 12:51 Pigeon

Bard wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 11:58:
History of lying to Congress and the American people a definite plus.

Only an asshole would start a job with the NSA after the Snowden revelations.

Then they should have no shortage of potential candidates.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 10:23 Pigeon

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 09:58:
Is Archie really that bad in sales (probably, who the hell cares about archie?) that they need to do some weird gay save publicity stunt? This just screams of trying too hard.

Also, Ultra-pure water video, that David Rees guy was annoying the shit out of me.. He acts like a 15 year old.

What I want to know is, who reads Archie? It's one of those comics that has been around forever, but I've never met someone who has claimed to read it.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 16, 2014, 10:03 Pigeon

Still trying to push the Metro look I see, with its big fat and flat Fisher Price looking buttons. Still better than 8...  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 09:06 Pigeon

Wow, what a rip off, I only ask Blue to give me $2,000 to leave comments... still waiting on my check...  

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Survey
4. Re: Mass Effect 4 Survey Jul 15, 2014, 09:45 Pigeon

I played 1 and 2 and found them quite enjoyable, but it feel like this franchise needs to die, or at least hibernate for a few more years. Plus that survey comes off as a bad sign, 'We have no idea what to do anymore so tell us what you like from other games and we'll jam that in there'.  

9. Re: Why are HDMI cable so expensive Jul 14, 2014, 14:18 Pigeon

So Best Buy can rip you off on one of the few things you might actually buy at Best Buy.  

1190 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo