Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1290 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
10. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 13:09 Pigeon

Attack Squadrons is a free-to-play online space combat game where players customize iconic Star Wars ships

Spinners for your TIE fighter only $1.99, upgrade your weapons from pointer laser to laser canon for $5.99!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2013, 21:22 Pigeon

Wonder if all the sequels will take place on the same planet or if they'll find a new even better material called musthavium on the planet Leda. They'll reverse avatar some of the native inhabitants so they think they're human (they don't want a repeat of what happened on Pandora), who will brutalize the natives only to come to realize they've been manipulated by the evil corporation and they are actually the natives.

Damn this is good stuff, think Cameron needs my help with his script writing?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 16, 2013, 20:54 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 20:22:
I saw about a million PS4s while I was out and about today. If there's such a massive shortage why isn't Ebay going nuts right now?

Ebay has been about the only place that has had them, for a severe mark up of course. It appears large shipments were sent out nation wide this weekend so for now availability has been much higher. Maybe there's been a shortage because they've accidentally sent them all to your town. Some shipping clerk puts the decimal in the wrong place and suddenly Cuttersville is knee deep in PS4s

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 16, 2013, 11:51 Pigeon

CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 11:49:
Ozmodan wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 10:51:
As to Mr Tretton, the stores have plenty of PS4's from what I have seen, no shortage of supply in this area.
Interesting considering that I, literally, could not find one in our area as we were going to get one for our manager as an XMas gift. In fact, my wife who works in retail as a manager wasn't even able to get me one.

Best Buy online has bundles in stock right now.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 16, 2013, 11:50 Pigeon

nin wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 11:00:
Ozmodan wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 10:51:
Yeah Destiny will be history before the year is out. Bungie's group is not too bright.

As to Mr Tretton, the stores have plenty of PS4's from what I have seen, no shortage of supply in this area.

Your trolling is a riot. And sad.

I managed to get one early yesterday at my local ghetto Walmart. I understand a lot of stores got relatively large shipments in this week, no idea how long they'll last. So good luck to anyone still trying to find one at retail price.

News Comments > Ultra Street Fighter IV Trailer, Interview
5. Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV Trailer, Interview Dec 16, 2013, 09:05 Pigeon

I admit its been a looong time since I've played a fighting game, but its nice to see that combos have evolved into what looks like a 2000 hit automated process.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 13, 2013, 09:48 Pigeon

The pimps want their money  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 13:21 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 09:53:
Ugh cracked.com and their dumb lists.

Cruise may be a nutter but Oblivion was way better than it deserved to be with that weird script. At least he keeps doing interesting projects.

In a few days they'll have a list about how video games are the next biggest industry. To be fair all of the things they mentioned are reasons for some of the problems in the gaming world, they are certainly not THE problem or even always a problem. I think the emerging indy market and kickstarter funded games have the potential to change the market for the better, there's certainly not going to be a crash.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 12, 2013, 08:29 Pigeon

Possibly they just have a larger supply but Xbones are it stock in several places, while PS4s sellout in less than an hour anytime a place gets any.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2013, 10:31 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 09:53:
Its fucking ridiculous is what it is. And its only hurting the artists in the end. Fucking greedy douchebag record labels...

All they want is $1.99 from everyone who hears one of their songs, anytime they hear it, even a segment, of any of the songs under their respective labels. Is that too much to ask? I mean record label execs need to bathe in Dom Perignon artists need to eat too.

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 11, 2013, 09:11 Pigeon

Well it should be easier to port games to the PC with the newer generation as well, so i can see the 'need' to emulate being lower. Still interesting though, if they can indeed create emulators without much of an emulation performance hit (since consoles and PC are so alike now)I can see people wanting to run some of the games at higher FPS, or maybe able to apply some graphics enhancing stuff to the games.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Dec 11, 2013, 08:47 Pigeon

Ashley wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 22:54:
Granted it's just a short trailer so there may be a reasonable explanation why they would deliver a response team via a halo drop (note that they say some have not been trained for it, wtf).
I really believe that if they shot it in Japan and in Japanese with clumsily dubbed English, remixed the original soundtrack from the 60's and played it at midnight showings... it would cost less to make, make way more money and have legs for a long life of DVD sales and TV licensing.
Maybe my perspective is not indicative of the reality of the market but I would love that and so would my friends. As it stands, well, won't be paying to see this one.

Probably because its more exciting than guy who saunters into city to obtain Godzilla defeating objective X?

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed
12. Re: Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed Dec 10, 2013, 10:56 Pigeon

Its a blizzard version of angry birds, with a pet collecting mini-game.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 9, 2013, 21:04 Pigeon

PropheT wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 20:47:
Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 20:15:
Time to move onto Windows 9, build it off Windows 7.

Win8 is much better to build off of, just not in the UI department...there's no reason at all to build off of 7 instead for their next OS. The Metro stuff should be a side-app, and it really is if you set 8.1 to boot to desktop mode anyway. Once you get rid of the terrible touch interface on a computer that's 99% likely not using it there's nothing really wrong with 8 and it's a much upgraded and better backend platform to build 9 off of than 7 is.

As long as they don't make the same stupid, forced mistakes they did with the UI again.

If they had just made the UI you control with your ass cheeks, that the market has clearly been demanding, they wouldn't be in the awkward position of having to slowly roll back their biggest design change.

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
126. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 16:17 Pigeon

harlock wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 16:06:
NegaDeath wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 16:03:
If this devolves any further we'll be arguing about the Moon Men beaming thoughts into our brains.

Damn you Moon Men! Shakefist

they arent men, they are mantis-like creatures, also they actually reside in another dimension entirely

but yeh... they like to beam thoughts into our brains

btw dont tell anyone, nobody will believe you - which is all part of their plan anyway

Mwahaha

You all think this is hilarious to poke fun of, just you wait when the Nibiru return on 2012 Dec. 21st. You won't think its so funny then!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 9, 2013, 13:45 Pigeon

#51: Your iPhone looks really cool when you try to skip it across a pond.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 9, 2013, 08:43 Pigeon

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 02:26:
$1000 is a lot to blow for making some people mad for a few days.

Like, I can think of a lot better ways that money could have been spent.

I’m one of these ‘selfish bastards with a lot of money’

That's all you need to know. That and it sounds like he was trying to force Bethesda to announce Fallout 4. How exactly that was supposed to be accomplished I don't know.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII Dec 5, 2013, 22:50 Pigeon

They need to hurry up and do a re-release of FFVI like they did with the DS version of FFIV. Or better yet update it to PS4 and Xbone capabilities. Kefka's crazy ass blowin up the world because FUCK YOU in 1080p would be glorious.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2013, 16:11 Pigeon

I've just been using broadcast TV for the last 5-6 years. Even after eliminating the Spanish and Asian language channels, and the religious ones, there are 25+ channels to choose from. Most of it is crap, but its free crap as opposed to paying $80 a month for crap.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2013, 14:58 Pigeon

I've avoided most digital music purchases precisely because of DRM, or other limiting factors. If I buy a CD its easy for me to rip it into whatever format I want so I can listen to it on whatever device I want, however many times. I'm sure there are good DRM free services out there, but I've never been bothered enough to research it.  

1290 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo