Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1193 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Console Emulation Through Steam
42. Re: Console Emulation Through Steam Oct 14, 2013, 09:17 Pigeon

I expect the console makers to react to this, specially if it becomes popular. Bringing it to Steam makes more mainstream, which means more people downloading illegal ROMs. Now if the big console companies were smart they'd sell their own digital copies to be played on the emulators. $5 a game for something they created 15+ years ago = easy revenue. Adding some light DRM via Steam would probably take very little effort.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 11, 2013, 11:33 Pigeon

Nothing says productivity like the big fisher-price "icons" of metro. This should be no surprise, IT generally gets the say in what the companies buy and they don't want a drastic, or even moderate, usability change because they're the ones that have to deal with the calls when someone can't figure out how to open excel anymore.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2013, 10:37 Pigeon

I'm the world's only Small Foot, a lesser known but more mysterious, cool, extra elusive relative of the big foot, cryptozoologist. Where do I sign up for lots of money to study this thing that I just [s]madeup[s] discovered?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 10, 2013, 10:45 Pigeon

If only big-brother wouldn't regulate our labor industry we wouldn't have to outsource so many jobs to China forcing them to enslave their own population to make cheap products for the rest of the world Rolleyes

Its seems like every electronics manufacturer in China has some pretty horrid conditions/practices. Who isn't doing something like this over there?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 10, 2013, 08:57 Pigeon

When they decide to give it the same treatment as the DS version of FFIV they'll have my interest, and my money. FFVI is easily my favorite in the series, a graphical refresh, fleshing out a few of the areas with some more side quests and secret areas to explore, maybe a playable zombie Leo  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2013, 13:16 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 11:30:
Verno wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 10:05:
Last week was brutal for the picks, thankfully next week seems like it'll settle down a bit. The only tough choices I see - Saints vs Patriots and Packers vs Ravens are pretty much flip a coin.

I was 6-8. It was brutal. The 6 that I won were all by like 3 points or less, so I was pretty close to the 0-14 it felt like.

Saints - Pats looks pretty much a gimme to me. The Pats are terribly overrated, and were undefeated only because they played gimp teams. I imagine Brees will murder them. Packers / ravens, yeah, I can't get any kind of feel for the Ravens this season.

Ravens are almost like the Bengals, where they lose when you expect them to win and they win when they should lose. Flaco seems to range from bad to awesome between and within games.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 8, 2013, 13:08 Pigeon

“The PS5 Probably Won’t Have a main console, but just the screen and controller. So what remains will be just the name of the service. It could be named just “PlayStation network”. Steam is defined a platform, but it’s not a hardware platform. It’s the name of the service.”

Except that Steam requires more than just a screen and a controller. It sounds more like he's talking about some kind of VDI/terminal setup. Technology just isn't a place to make that a reality, and I don't see it being in that place in 5-8 years either.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2013, 10:08 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 09:29:
Still not sure what the hell happened to the Texans, I know they had a few injuries but they were embarrassingly bad last night.

Schaub happened. Pick-6 on the very first play, and then two other interceptions both times as they started to move down the field. He has always been a moderate to good QB, but he's straight out terrible right now. There are some other issues, coaching and terrible kicker, but nothing as bad as a QB that throws a pick-6 every game and makes several momentum killing turn-overs as well. My only consolation this season has been, at least we're not the giants. Though I'd support a Matt for Eli trade in a second

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 11:57 Pigeon

Hehe, that was my first thought.
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 10:19:
If it's realism they're going for, then maybe only the losers should be tried for their crimes

3. Re: Beaver secretions... Oct 3, 2013, 10:00 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 09:53:
Im never eating naturally flavoured Vanilla ice-cream again....

Some mysteries are best left unsolved . Now any time I'm enjoying the scent or taste of a vanilla product, it's going to conjure up images of anal glands from flat tailed members of the rodentia order. Thanks Blue...

News Comments > EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters
9. Re: EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters Oct 3, 2013, 09:10 Pigeon

I always wondered why more MMO's didn't do this, or something like it, for long time players. When you're working on your 8th character you've pretty much experienced all there is to the whole leveling thing. I remember way back when guild wars first came out way back when for PvP you could choose a level max character and decent gear. That was great for folks who wanted to PvP and not be burdened with leveling through the PvE content.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 27, 2013, 18:07 Pigeon

Tattoo Guy: "Hey wearing an iPod on my arm would be cool, but how..?"

Other guy: "Yeah they sell wrist ban..."

Tattoo Guy: "OH RIVETS!! Rivets bolted into my arm that's how I'll do it. I'm a genius!"

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2013, 13:14 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 11:02:
Verno wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 09:52:
Xbox One Fitness requires another subscription plan separate from Xbox Live Gold after the first year, hahahah seriously?! It would not be a Microsoft thing if they didn't nickle and dime you to death.

That is hilarious. I can't wait to see what the MS brainwashed have to say to defend that.

Paying a subscription fee so you have the privilege of paying another subscription fee, which will probably afford you the privilege of unlocking additional features through micro-transactions. The only thing that could add to the ridiculousness is if this whole thing started through Kick Starter.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2013, 13:57 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 13:49:
I've always maintained - and will continue to do so - that reproduction should be a state sanctioned event. In this regard I'm a totalitarian zealot.

Required to pass a non-sectarian morality and basic family economics exam. That'll be the day

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2013, 13:32 Pigeon

Sadly this clerk's observations will go ignored when the next mass shooting/killing occurs and the reactionary masses are looking to scape goat something rather than take a hard look at our culture.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2013, 18:03 Pigeon

I still can't view the site from work . Probably something to do with our network setup, but I'm not gonna ask IT to fix it hehe  

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 11:50 Pigeon

I've really not read about LBGT issue, so I don't understand all the nuances of what happened. The original rape comic was fine in my opinion, and the complaints about it were an overreaction. The problem is they continually chose to pour gas on the flames. Saying you're sorry you offended a group of people unintentionally and then continuing to dredge up the topic by doing things like merchandising the controversy sends some very conflicting messages about how sorry you were, how unintentional it was and/or misunderstood you were about the topic. They only have themselves to blame for how much this topic continues to flare up.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2013, 09:57 Pigeon

The first part of the article says a deputy and the second says deputies; consistency would be nice. Regardless, the Sheriff in question sounds like a grade A ass. And who was the knuckle dragging troglodyte of a lower court judge that deemed expressing a political opinion as not protected by free speech? The Sheriff's brother?

And people at work wonder why I'm so evasive when they ask me if I'm on facebook.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 18, 2013, 13:21 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 11:14:
24%? Well if true, it isn't surprising, it becomes an addiction. I remember when I downloaded a DVD Ripper years ago. I started ripping and making backups. Did that with VCR as well... I'd have these huge libraries and viewed maybe 1-2% of what I backed up. I finally saw the pattern and stopped it, was a waste of time and money.

Same for those that used to buy a shitload of DVD's before the crash. Times got tight, they stopped buying 4 DVD's each Tuesday to save and then realized they watch very little of what they even bought.

Perhaps sort of like Steam Sales....

Those pirates I bet a lot of them touch very little of what they download.

Before torrents there was something called hotwire, or something like that, and people would just trade pirated material like it was some commodities market. Essentially trading for sake of having it or so it could be used to trade for something they actually wanted. It was an odd system full of server tyrants.

More back on topic, I guess I'm always suspicious of paid for studies. It's not that I don't think piracy is a problem, it's more fearing that companies like NBC Universal will try to use inflated data to lobby for laws or standards that make getting shows and movies we want to watch, in a manner we want to watch, much harder to do legally.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 18, 2013, 10:47 Pigeon

'Infringing use of bittorent', I'd like to see what they call infringing use. Corporations, and most people tend to have very different views of what constitutes infringement.  

1193 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo