Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 965 (Graduate)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released
18. Re: Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released Jun 27, 2012, 18:11 Pigeon

Now there just needs to be a Pyro Vision mod  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III EU Patch Live
1. Re: Diablo III EU Patch Live Jun 27, 2012, 12:04 Pigeon

Fixed several gold and leveling exploits
'Goblins no longer drop gold and items because we thought this aspect of the game was too fun, and completing quests no longer earns experience because it allowed players to see their exp bar move a perceptible amount.'

Seriously though the vagueness of their statement makes me wonder exactly what they consider an exploit, especially given some of their other fixes to 'exploits'.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 17:36 Pigeon

DG wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:15:
Make the call - most folk are quick to voice dissatisfaction, few to give praise.

On Diablo 3, is it just down to me getting into the late 50's level or has the AH (EU here) gone strange? I'd never paid more than 50k for an item and suddenly it's hundreds of thousands for trivial stuff like an enchantress focus. And the prices are all over the place, something goes for maybe 250k then something slightly better is into the millions.

Prices have probably gone up as lvl 60 inferno players are trying to recoup their repair bills. That and I'm sure the RMAH doesn't help since everyone seems to be listing decent gear for $1.25, hoping they'll get a bite.

News Comments > Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near
13. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 17:12 Pigeon

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 16:01:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:16:
Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:14:
deqer wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:42:
Although their "Meet the *" videos are nice, the game TF2 still remains to be overly balanced to the point of being handicapped with it's newbie classes like Spy, or it's random critical hits mechanism; it's just so boring now because there is no sense of skill or control or dominance when you have so many shit random factors like that in the game.

Hahaha come on, in what universe is Spy a newbie class? It is one of the most difficult classes to play effectively and requires a lot of foresight and strategy. Opposition teams are well trained to shoot first on many servers so you have to effectively imitate other players, their routes and know where what class will be when which requires a well rounded understanding of class balance in general. You also need good timing and instinct to pick your goals to best help the team, not to mention a bit of luck.
deqer's definition of a newbie class is probably "whichever class usually kills me in something that I think wasn't a fair fight." He probably imagines that spies just walk around cloaked or disguised, killing whoever they want instantly with bacstabs.
No kidding. I've tried playing a spy occasionally, but I've found that I don't have the patience for it. It really is a difficult class to play well. I see lots of really lousy spies though, and they tend to get repeatedly killed in humiliating ways on most servers

Spy is definitely one of the harder classes to master, and it really depends on how alert the other team is, and how good your team is at providing enough of a distraction for you to slip through the lines and cause some damage.

If any class is a newb class its pyro, you can run in and set everything on fire and die and maybe get some assists because you set everything on fire. But it still takes skill to master, I don't see too many real good pyros, but when I do they're pretty devastating.

News Comments > Valve and Adult Swim Teaming Up
12. Re: Valve and Adult Swim Teaming Up Jun 23, 2012, 11:24 Pigeon

Stop teasing us with 'Meet the Pyro' and just release it already Bigcry  

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
21. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 16:23 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 15:52:
They tried to delete that? I've seen them lock stuff before but playing revisionist history is like some WoW CM levels of awful. I remember that Tseric guy doing that a few times before his big melt down.

Gah, I just want to enjoy my Blizzard games, let me farm, get cool loot and do silly stuff Mr_t This level of Serious Business economy balance MMO crap is just a huge bummer.

This is worse than WoW since most of the best end-game items are BoP, thus the end-game isn't tightly linked to the game economy. I thought RMAH would bring out the worst in customers, but its seems to be bringing out the worst in Blizz. They got greedy; like I do when I see a treasure goblin and charged head long into a mess of trouble trying beat the last gold coin out of it only to fail from recklessness.

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
17. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 21, 2012, 21:28 Pigeon

Krovven wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 21:16:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 21:02:
I don't follow Derpablo III that closely, what's the point of this exactly?

I can only guess this is to stop the farmers that just use stolen credit cards or other payment methods to pay for the digital edition. In which time they have instant access to the account to run their bots on until the fraud has been discovered. They just keep doing this and never actually having to pay for the majority of the accounts they use to farm, post 10 more items to the AH and spam chat channels and move the gold/items to legit accounts.

It's a stupid move on Blizzards part, after a stupid patch.

They just seem to be doing all the wrong things with good intentions.

They'd have more success and affect less paying customers if they just banned everyone with characters named jskd or any other string of consonants. Or have someone sit in general and insta ban/account lock the gold sellers. Or have something more specific to report gold sellers other than spam. So far their dealings with the major issues the game has have been very ham handed, seemingly unaware or uncaring of the collateral damage their greasy little mits cause when they attempt to 'fix' things.

News Comments > Refunds for Some Korean Diablo III Owners
24. Re: Refunds for Some Korean Diablo III Owners Jun 21, 2012, 16:38 Pigeon

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 12:57:
Flatline wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 12:29:
I wish we had that kind of vision here in America. However, here innovation means "figure out new ways to charge you more for less service or product!"

That is spot on. I can't remember the last time I called in or contact a company via e-mail and received a prompt sensible response. The tech support/help line/customer support in this country has gone to shit. It was never great... but comparing five or so years ago to today's standard... back then, it was stellar. I'm not just talking about computer software tech support. Everything from ordering services from a local provider (cable/Internet/phone) to applying for unemployment (not me). I hear it from almost every customer I visit and pretty much anyone else I talk to that had to call somebody for support concerning a service or product. Yet, these businesses wonder why the public hates them?

Back on topic. I've been out of town most of the past month and a half so I am finally thinking about opening my CE D3. Though I am hesitant to do so.

Pretty sure these stories were on Blue's awhile back. It's all part of the MBA's master plan to show how robust and profitable their companies are by cutting jobs and replacing them with *less efficient systems and lower quality products. Surely that plan can't back fire

* less efficient for customers

News Comments > EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire
16. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 20, 2012, 11:30 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 11:06:
Take it to PMs ladies Gossip

I think the biggest shame of this patch has been that the Inferno changes were largely pretty good and they have been overshadowed by everything else. I don't like the pack changes as I don't think they did enough there, there are still many horrible pack affix/mob combos but at least Inferno itself is more doable for melee now. One of my friends literally couldn't farm by himself on his Barb, I would have to come into his game and help him all the time, I felt awful that he got pigeonholed so badly into a single crappy build. Now at least he can mess around with a 2H in Act 1 and do his own runs.

So far the patches have been two steps forward, one large step back and I hope with the next patch they ditch this attitude of nerfing anything "fun" that can be abused. Diablo is an ARPG first and foremost, they need to remember that.

After making some progress last night I had a string of bad packs that made me want to punch through my screen. Snakemen make the worst elites . Their tendency to go invisible/invulnerable when you're trying to kite them along with whatever horrible affixes they have = 150k repair bill.

I've been trying to gear up running the content, but I can't get useful drops to save my wizard's life, and thanks to the IAS nerf I have a lot more gear to replace now.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched in Americas
25. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 19, 2012, 19:55 Pigeon

Dades wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 19:24:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 19:20:
Hahaha, read the forums. People are more pissed than I ever seen even in WoW.
Oh and I am too. Repair costs are a fucking joke now and will make you poor in no time (predicted that) and DHs are screwed big time now.
Oh and the nerfs to damage of the mobs in Inferno are a joke too. Instead of in 1/4 of a hit, you now die in 1/3 of one. lol...

You aren't kidding, wow people are really worked up. I guess that's what happens when you ludicrously increase the cost of repairs in a non-F2P game where you plan to take a percentage from gold sales. Some guy on the forums was saying getting hit at all costs 500g on average in Inferno now, they're practically trolling the players.

500k a hit is pretty large exaggeration, but its still ridiculous. Having a hard time breaking even in ACT II inferno, btw those lacuni bombs still blow the crap out of you.

Blizz has an annoying tendency to over react when something needs a nerf. Maybe that's how the patch team creates job security

EDIT: And thanks for clearing up the destructible thing.

7. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 19, 2012, 18:01 Pigeon

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

I just got a magic item from some defiled bones, so their nerf isn't working? Or maybe I'm not understanding what qualifies as destructible.

3. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 19, 2012, 17:19 Pigeon

Krovven wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 17:07:
Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Then why have Magic Find at all?

Nobody is going to bother looting chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses anymore, which is just going to lead to more people just racing through to find the Elites and ignoring everything else.

The folks I play with, we like exploring every and looting everything before moving on. There is ZERO reason to do this now, if MF doesn't help the loot from this stuff.

Idiotic change.

This is how blizzard easy fixes people exploiting the game play. Small number of players bot farm pots and destructibles, while the majority just play and the mechanic works as intended, thus the only "reasonable" thing to do is to get rid of the whole mechanic and punish everyone. But mostly regular players since the people who exploit will just find something else to exploit. You can pretty much apply that line of logic to the majority of their seemingly unreasonable nerfs.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
58. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 20:47 Pigeon

Ventura wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 20:26:
Verno wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 13:21:
a friend of mine commented that in solo games there should be a modifier to make dropped items slightly more in line with what your class could use.

I'm almost convinced that, as a way to force people to use the AH more, they have code in there that makes the drops less likely to be suitable for any of the active in-game classes. Almost convinced. Like, if Blizzard came out and admitted to it, I'd go "I fucking knew it!".

I hate using the AH. Can't stand it. But I got into the habit of doing it every 3-4 levels or so (like many others, I suspect) if just to pick up the highest DPS weapon I could find to help me progress. The difficulty really ramped up when I hit 60, however, and I figured that might've been because I was using stuff that says it required shit like level 42. Huh?

DG wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 14:50:
Only got halfway through Nightmare due to work pressures but if there's one thing annoying me it's the variability in difficulty.

Generally it's very easy, but with the very occasional near impossibility. I mean, 90% of the time progressing is boring and I don't go below 75% HP, even tanking bosses. Then there's the elites.

I quit the game about a week back with my Barb maybe halfway through Act 1 Inferno, and this will just get worse the more you progress. It's like night and day how you can go from casually taking care of whites to being raped by an elite in a split second. Never mind Earthquake, can I get their abilities? Here's a thought, mate, next time that arcane beam comes around, put your fucking shield up to greet it. Less than two seconds of direct contact with one of those gets me from full to dead, and I get the whole keep moving thing, but really, I'm so very tired of having to kite EVERYTHING.

I had stopped for awhile in hell cause I was tired of getting raped by elites/rares where all I could do was kite across the whole map or death zerg them. When I started playing again I wasn't having the same problems; I think I just got an unlucky run of bad modifier elites. Anything that's fast, hits hard and has some sort of CC or two is a major pain in the ass for me.

19. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 14:16 Pigeon

Elessar wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 13:59:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 13:27:
Anyone else remember their last found upgrade?
Honestly? No. I finally broke down and had to buy gear from the GAH to progress. This game had so much potential and they fucked the pooch. I agree that the 1.03 changes should have been live at launch. Did they do no research or receive no feedback during beta?!

Beta was only up to the skeleton king in normal mode, for what its worth I think that part of the game is balanced perfectly . Even crafting isn't completely useless at that point. I'm not at end game (close), so I don't know if it becomes useful again.

As for tin foil hats and drops, I'll wear one, their forumla is: RNG - (x^y)= item x=usefullness to character's class and y=how badly an upgrade is needed.

5. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 13:07 Pigeon

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 13:00:
Bucky wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 12:51:
While I'm sure the intent was mostly sarcasm, the 1.03 patch, which is due by the end of the month, will adjust the loot tables to make inferno farming somewhat more viable. Source.

Until then I am gone.
Im really getting sick of only being able to farm act 1 inferno and only see crap drop that maybe sells for 5k.

I think they want me to play a demon hunter, cause every other drop is a quiver or occasionally a hand crossbow. I don't know the last time I saw a wand drop, sometime back in nightmare I think :/

Even with full stacks of Nephalem and I see drops explode off a boss I have a hard time getting excited about it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 13, 2012, 01:06 Pigeon

Probably taking up too much of their resources and scaring off customers, aka cutting into profits.  

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
44. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 14:29 Pigeon

ledhead1969 wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 13:41:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 13:30:
They put way too much emphasis on the AH, and now the problems associated with such a system are starting to effect the game.

You would think with a good working AH system in one of their other games they would have gotten this one right. In WoW most of the best gear is obtained through running the end game content. The AH is good for getting geared just enough to run the end game content, but it isn't anywhere near necessary.

Also I have to say really not enjoying the gameplay in the harder difficulties. As a ranged having to kite most of the rare/elite mobs isn't a challenge its boring. I was hoping with the flexibility of the skill system you could change up your skills to deal with different kinds of elite/rares, but nope, kite kite kite

As opposed to standing there and hitting your abilities? How is that any less boring (for you)? I'm in Act 3 Hell as a Wizard and having no problems save an initial death against multi blue/yellow fights. Kiting and getting the timing down is quite fun (still) for me. I guess Inferno will change all of that, though. But for now, Hell is fun, just go all-dps

The opposite of wanting a challenge =/= standing still smashing buttons.

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
25. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 13:30 Pigeon

They put way too much emphasis on the AH, and now the problems associated with such a system are starting to effect the game.

You would think with a good working AH system in one of their other games they would have gotten this one right. In WoW most of the best gear is obtained through running the end game content. The AH is good for getting geared just enough to run the end game content, but it isn't anywhere near necessary.

Also I have to say really not enjoying the gameplay in the harder difficulties. As a ranged having to kite most of the rare/elite mobs isn't a challenge its boring. I was hoping with the flexibility of the skill system you could change up your skills to deal with different kinds of elite/rares, but nope, kite kite kite

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2012, 13:05 Pigeon

Prez wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 12:24:
nin wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 12:16:

So Tommy Chong will be dead soon because he decided to use some hokum cure instead of modern medicine while his cancer was still in a treatable phase?

Pretty much my thought when I saw that yesterday...sad.

At least he's a grown man who can make that decision for himself. It pisses me the fuck off when parents force shit like this on their own kids and the kids end up dying of a treatable disease because of it. How is that not negligent homicide at least?

And as displeasing as I find such decisions, it is at it should be. For kids, they really don't have much in the way of autonomy to begin with. I understand some parents are trying to make a quality of life decision, but in the cases where treatment has a reasonable chance of a successful outcome, and non-treatment has a good chance the kid will end up dead, I really couldn't leave that up to a parent's whimsies.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2012, 12:14 Pigeon

So Tommy Chong will be dead soon because he decided to use some hokum cure instead of modern medicine while his cancer was still in a treatable phase? Say hi to Steve Tommy.  

965 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo