Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 974 (Graduate)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
14. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 12:52 Pigeon

Bradley wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 12:33:
Final Fantasy 6 (or 3 in the US) was always my favorite. It was the last one made before they started going 3d and all "super artsy" with everything. Best Story and best battle mechanics IMHO.

IV and VI are by far my favorites of the series, I've been hoping for a remake of VI like they did with IV on the DS. Clean up some of the bugs, refine/balance things a bit more add a few special items and dungeons and we're good to go

I liked VII at the time, but it was the start of a change that ended up making the characters and environments more modern and 'hip' that I didn't care for. I tried IX on an emulator, but I never finished it.

As others have said this is basically a re-release. It just uses modern graphics processors to smooth out the jaggies, and they've slapped in some higher rez cut-scenes. Its seems new features include Saving to THE CLOUD (always on DRM?), achievements and easy-cheat mode.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 3, 2012, 09:44 Pigeon

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 22:25:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 20:58:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 20:55:
$39.99 is a decent price but I still don't feel the need to upgrade from win7.

I wouldn't install Windows 8 even if they paid me $399.99.

Fuck Metro.

On another note...
Best Buy mulls streaming online prices directly to stores.

Heh, looks like Worst Buy is going to try a new Bait and Switch scheme.

I love how that article says Best Buy is only beat out by Amazon because Amazon doesn't have to charge sales tax. Bullshit. Look up any TV Best Buy carries. I would put down money that Amazon has the same model with free shipping for at least $200 less. I've used Best Buy to look at my last three TVs and then purchased them for hundreds less on Amazon. Games are less, movies are less, computers are less. I can't think of one thing that Best Buy charges less for.

Plus you don't have any brain dead sales kids doggedly trying up-sell you crappy store extended warranties or ridiculously over priced cables.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 12:44 Pigeon

RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 12:18:
Pigeon wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 11:56:
RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 11:20:
Once again torn. Who do I hate more? Blizzard or China....tough one.

Of course, there is the fact that no Asian country could make a decent game to save their lives(which i dont understand since they supposed to be all Mr. computer)....so there is that. Then again BLizz is in empire strikes back mode lately...hmmm.

Japan has consumed all of Asia's game making talent.

Reading the article it doesn't seem like 'China' is promoting it, but that one of the possible distributors is. The reason the game hasn't released in China yet is because of China's over the top censorship among other things. So I highly doubt they'd promote a 'crack' that circumvents their own rules.

So where is Japan hiding them? In a cave somewhere?

Hyatus wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 12:01:
Of course, there is the fact that no Asian country could make a decent game [...]

Uhm...Japan?

Yeah, Japan. They've been irrelevant for like 15 years. No one gives a flying fuck about FFXXXIIIIV or w/e other cliched crap they just can't let go of.

I dont play console games so I can't give a list off the top of my head, but I know a lot of people rave about Dark Souls, so there's at least one recent relevant game. Sure enough they release a lot of 'cliched' crap, but then so do US publishers. How many WWII, or realistic FPSs do we really need. Diablo 3 had the one of the more hackneyed plots I've seen in awhile. If you don't like Japanese games that's fine but it comes off as trollish to suggest they don't make fun games because you don't like the Final Fantasy Series anymore.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 11:56 Pigeon

Once again torn. Who do I hate more? Blizzard or China....tough one.

Of course, there is the fact that no Asian country could make a decent game to save their lives(which i dont understand since they supposed to be all Mr. computer)....so there is that. Then again BLizz is in empire strikes back mode lately...hmmm.

Japan has consumed all of Asia's game making talent.

Reading the article it doesn't seem like 'China' is promoting it, but that one of the possible distributors is. The reason the game hasn't released in China yet is because of China's over the top censorship among other things. So I highly doubt they'd promote a 'crack' that circumvents their own rules.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2012, 10:57 Pigeon

So long as the kiddo was quiet, and didn't loudly ask awkward questions like 'what is that man doing on top of that woman?' I highly doubt anyone noticed or cared.  

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
66. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 21:29 Pigeon

eunichron wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 17:53:
DG wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 17:34:
Started Inferno today.

Fuck.

I actually got owned by a normal mob. I hadn't figured on needing to use powers on a regular mob. I got through a few champions and two elite packs, but I wasn't expecting to have to use powers on regular mobs.

They die okay enough, I mean, on Hell my enchantress was one-shotting them and now barely scratches them, but they go down in 3-4 swings and she's overdue for an upgrade.

But damn, even a little scrape from a zombie thing takes a chunk of health off. Must be at least 2000hp a scratch? A mob that on Hell couldn't take down HP faster than I could regen it even without the battle cry, now has me running away even with battle cry. TBF maybe I overdid the resistances thing, hence being able to deal with the magic the elites are throwing around whilst getting wasted on physical damage.

Maybe if I farm Hell for a while I could make enough gold to gear up. I guess need to do Hell because so far in Inferno the gold drop doesn't seem to be any better, and a *lot* worse if I can't get nehalem valour. Actually maybe the +115% gold find is another thing I'll have to sacrifice...

But, nope. I work hard enough at work and farming feels like more work, only less satisfying and unpaid. Why the fuck would I do that? Are these guys doing massive amounts of farming in need of a job or what? And no, I'm not going to buy off the RMAH because that's not gaming entertainment either - and it's certainly not good value.

Act I is the easy part, if you can kill Diablo on Hell difficulty, you can complete Act I Inferno.

MF/GF is pretty much useless, unless you're a Demon Hunter or Wizard who can get away with just using a high dps weapon but low stats from gear, but it sounds like you're playing a barbarian. Keep your resists, as a melee they're more important than anything. 300-400 in all resists should be enough for Act I, but you'll want at least 600 for Act II+ (War Cry+Impunity is pretty much mandatory for all Barbarians). Keep your HP above 35,000, and don't neglect your armor value. Your dps doesn't matter as much as long as you can survive. My barbarian only does 7,500 base on his character sheet, but I can clear Act I without issue. A sword 'n' board tank spec would obviously be the safest, but there are dual wield and 2h specs out there that are just as viable (though some of them are a bit clunky to play, especially the dual tornadoes whirlwind spec).

As for "massive amounts of farming" ... well yeah, it's pretty much required. You will not progress through Inferno without farming, but you don't need to go back to Hell to do it, and actually it's more beneficial to do it in Act I.

I actually put on all MF/GF gear and farmed act I, I didn't seem to get more but the quality of items *seemed higher, more 60+ilvl not too many 50's-58 like I normally get. With my 5 stacks I was at 183% MF. There were a few packs I had to switch back to my regular gear for.

You might be able to find some relatively cheap upgrades in the AH if you want to go that route, just enough to make it a tad easier to farm. Most of the elites in Act I don't have any annoying innate abilities, so you just have to deal with annoying affix combos. Act II inferno makes act I feel like normal difficulty :/

Back on subject; there is a follow up on the guy who is dealing with the region change/$200 b.net account wipe. He updated the original link to contain a link to the follow up. Frankly I don't see how it's legal to do what they're doing. It'd be like getting a gift-card or a pre-paid credit card, and then having the company say, 'thanks for the money chump, but you get nothing in return.' Hopefully he can at least get his money refunded.

48. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 12:41 Pigeon

RailWizard wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 11:46:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 05:44:
Darks wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 23:04:
Personally I hope the RMAH goes away permanently. It has absolutely destroyed the game.

And I hope Blizzard gets their asses sued off.

How has it destroyed the game? I voted with my wallet and didn't buy this (will play TL2 instead), so I'm wondering. If you don't spend actual money will you be way underpowered?

1. It's pretty much a miracle if you find something that you can actually use.

2. At lvl 60, good items cost anywhere from 12million gold to 21 million. People ask this much to get you to either buy gold and/or buy items off the RMAH. Unless you game the ever loving shit out of the AH(10 whole items at a time...), or buy gold from the shitsucking farmers, good fucking luck amassing that much gold.

3. Items on the RMAH will be $100 USD and upwards. There is a 'recommended upgrades' section on the RMAH... For my lvl 60 wizard, it's page after page of stuff costing $100 to $250. Items...in a video game!

If this was Diablo 2, you could pretty easily ignore the AH(if it had one), but in D3, set items are insanely rare(I've never found one, and know nobody that has), more rare than legendary items....and you've probably read news about drop rates for rares being upped, but it still sucks, and inferno is still way harder than D2's highest difficulty. Harder + less reward so we get desperate and hit the AH or RMAH.

Prices were somewhat bearable before the RMAH came along, then they hit low orbit and beyond. To the moon! Plus we have heavy repair costs now. ~3000g per death, and you WILL die, lots. Crafting a lvl 60+ item is ~50,000g. You might craft 100 items and they will all be shit. Combining a gem above the ones that drop in inferno = 30,000g. I don't even want to know what the higher tier gems cost.

It's basically a gold farmers wet dream economy, and Blizzard is right there grinning and drooling along side them.

This

Also I think the game design really pushes reliance on the AH. Essentially the mechanics of bosses don't get harder, they just hit harder, have a lot more health, and many have enrage timers. So even if you're good avoiding attacks (skill) while you slowly shave off the boss's health you'll be screwed if you can't do it fast enough. Thus you need gear that's good for survivability and DPS, which is few and far between.

I've been farming act II for about 2 weeks now, a few hours a day, and have gotten 1 'sort of' upgrade. The rest I try to hock on the AH to cover my repair costs. I've been banging my head against Belial, and I've come to the conclusion that I just don't have the DPS atm, and AH upgrades that would make a perceptible difference are in the 6+ million range.

I did find a set item and managed to sell it for 3 million, but that's really not enough to get the good upgrades I'd need.

Also despite their pride in a flexible skill system, they punish players for changing skills by removing Neph Valor stacks. Which seems contrary to all of their 'stated' gameplay goals. /rant

7. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jun 30, 2012, 19:51 Pigeon

jamiedj99 wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 19:27:
there is a problem with this because its impossable to post for anything for lest then 1.25 so if they saw it posted at 0.00 they are lying or editing there photos

It could have been bugged showing an impossible amount ($0.00). The AHs have been having problems, the link isn't to some pictures, but a blue post about AH display bugs.

Blizzard should be responsible for the prices that are displayed. You can't just say, OH ITS A BUG TEEHEE, we really meant $150 which you now owe.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Updated
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Updated Jun 28, 2012, 11:18 Pigeon

Okay apparently I don't have to wait for someone to mod in pyro vision as they've already done it.  

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released
18. Re: Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released Jun 27, 2012, 18:11 Pigeon

Now there just needs to be a Pyro Vision mod  

News Comments > Diablo III EU Patch Live
1. Re: Diablo III EU Patch Live Jun 27, 2012, 12:04 Pigeon

Fixed several gold and leveling exploits
'Goblins no longer drop gold and items because we thought this aspect of the game was too fun, and completing quests no longer earns experience because it allowed players to see their exp bar move a perceptible amount.'

Seriously though the vagueness of their statement makes me wonder exactly what they consider an exploit, especially given some of their other fixes to 'exploits'.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 17:36 Pigeon

DG wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:15:
Make the call - most folk are quick to voice dissatisfaction, few to give praise.

On Diablo 3, is it just down to me getting into the late 50's level or has the AH (EU here) gone strange? I'd never paid more than 50k for an item and suddenly it's hundreds of thousands for trivial stuff like an enchantress focus. And the prices are all over the place, something goes for maybe 250k then something slightly better is into the millions.

Prices have probably gone up as lvl 60 inferno players are trying to recoup their repair bills. That and I'm sure the RMAH doesn't help since everyone seems to be listing decent gear for $1.25, hoping they'll get a bite.

News Comments > Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near
13. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 17:12 Pigeon

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 16:01:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:16:
Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:14:
deqer wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:42:
Although their "Meet the *" videos are nice, the game TF2 still remains to be overly balanced to the point of being handicapped with it's newbie classes like Spy, or it's random critical hits mechanism; it's just so boring now because there is no sense of skill or control or dominance when you have so many shit random factors like that in the game.

Hahaha come on, in what universe is Spy a newbie class? It is one of the most difficult classes to play effectively and requires a lot of foresight and strategy. Opposition teams are well trained to shoot first on many servers so you have to effectively imitate other players, their routes and know where what class will be when which requires a well rounded understanding of class balance in general. You also need good timing and instinct to pick your goals to best help the team, not to mention a bit of luck.
deqer's definition of a newbie class is probably "whichever class usually kills me in something that I think wasn't a fair fight." He probably imagines that spies just walk around cloaked or disguised, killing whoever they want instantly with bacstabs.
No kidding. I've tried playing a spy occasionally, but I've found that I don't have the patience for it. It really is a difficult class to play well. I see lots of really lousy spies though, and they tend to get repeatedly killed in humiliating ways on most servers

Spy is definitely one of the harder classes to master, and it really depends on how alert the other team is, and how good your team is at providing enough of a distraction for you to slip through the lines and cause some damage.

If any class is a newb class its pyro, you can run in and set everything on fire and die and maybe get some assists because you set everything on fire. But it still takes skill to master, I don't see too many real good pyros, but when I do they're pretty devastating.

News Comments > Valve and Adult Swim Teaming Up
12. Re: Valve and Adult Swim Teaming Up Jun 23, 2012, 11:24 Pigeon

Stop teasing us with 'Meet the Pyro' and just release it already Bigcry  

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
21. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 16:23 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 15:52:
They tried to delete that? I've seen them lock stuff before but playing revisionist history is like some WoW CM levels of awful. I remember that Tseric guy doing that a few times before his big melt down.

Gah, I just want to enjoy my Blizzard games, let me farm, get cool loot and do silly stuff Mr_t This level of Serious Business economy balance MMO crap is just a huge bummer.

This is worse than WoW since most of the best end-game items are BoP, thus the end-game isn't tightly linked to the game economy. I thought RMAH would bring out the worst in customers, but its seems to be bringing out the worst in Blizz. They got greedy; like I do when I see a treasure goblin and charged head long into a mess of trouble trying beat the last gold coin out of it only to fail from recklessness.

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
17. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 21, 2012, 21:28 Pigeon

Krovven wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 21:16:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 21:02:
I don't follow Derpablo III that closely, what's the point of this exactly?

I can only guess this is to stop the farmers that just use stolen credit cards or other payment methods to pay for the digital edition. In which time they have instant access to the account to run their bots on until the fraud has been discovered. They just keep doing this and never actually having to pay for the majority of the accounts they use to farm, post 10 more items to the AH and spam chat channels and move the gold/items to legit accounts.

It's a stupid move on Blizzards part, after a stupid patch.

They just seem to be doing all the wrong things with good intentions.

They'd have more success and affect less paying customers if they just banned everyone with characters named jskd or any other string of consonants. Or have someone sit in general and insta ban/account lock the gold sellers. Or have something more specific to report gold sellers other than spam. So far their dealings with the major issues the game has have been very ham handed, seemingly unaware or uncaring of the collateral damage their greasy little mits cause when they attempt to 'fix' things.

News Comments > Refunds for Some Korean Diablo III Owners
24. Re: Refunds for Some Korean Diablo III Owners Jun 21, 2012, 16:38 Pigeon

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 12:57:
Flatline wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 12:29:
I wish we had that kind of vision here in America. However, here innovation means "figure out new ways to charge you more for less service or product!"

That is spot on. I can't remember the last time I called in or contact a company via e-mail and received a prompt sensible response. The tech support/help line/customer support in this country has gone to shit. It was never great... but comparing five or so years ago to today's standard... back then, it was stellar. I'm not just talking about computer software tech support. Everything from ordering services from a local provider (cable/Internet/phone) to applying for unemployment (not me). I hear it from almost every customer I visit and pretty much anyone else I talk to that had to call somebody for support concerning a service or product. Yet, these businesses wonder why the public hates them?

Back on topic. I've been out of town most of the past month and a half so I am finally thinking about opening my CE D3. Though I am hesitant to do so.

Pretty sure these stories were on Blue's awhile back. It's all part of the MBA's master plan to show how robust and profitable their companies are by cutting jobs and replacing them with *less efficient systems and lower quality products. Surely that plan can't back fire

* less efficient for customers

News Comments > EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire
16. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 20, 2012, 11:30 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 11:06:
Take it to PMs ladies Gossip

I think the biggest shame of this patch has been that the Inferno changes were largely pretty good and they have been overshadowed by everything else. I don't like the pack changes as I don't think they did enough there, there are still many horrible pack affix/mob combos but at least Inferno itself is more doable for melee now. One of my friends literally couldn't farm by himself on his Barb, I would have to come into his game and help him all the time, I felt awful that he got pigeonholed so badly into a single crappy build. Now at least he can mess around with a 2H in Act 1 and do his own runs.

So far the patches have been two steps forward, one large step back and I hope with the next patch they ditch this attitude of nerfing anything "fun" that can be abused. Diablo is an ARPG first and foremost, they need to remember that.

After making some progress last night I had a string of bad packs that made me want to punch through my screen. Snakemen make the worst elites . Their tendency to go invisible/invulnerable when you're trying to kite them along with whatever horrible affixes they have = 150k repair bill.

I've been trying to gear up running the content, but I can't get useful drops to save my wizard's life, and thanks to the IAS nerf I have a lot more gear to replace now.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched in Americas
25. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 19, 2012, 19:55 Pigeon

Dades wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 19:24:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 19:20:
Hahaha, read the forums. People are more pissed than I ever seen even in WoW.
Oh and I am too. Repair costs are a fucking joke now and will make you poor in no time (predicted that) and DHs are screwed big time now.
Oh and the nerfs to damage of the mobs in Inferno are a joke too. Instead of in 1/4 of a hit, you now die in 1/3 of one. lol...

You aren't kidding, wow people are really worked up. I guess that's what happens when you ludicrously increase the cost of repairs in a non-F2P game where you plan to take a percentage from gold sales. Some guy on the forums was saying getting hit at all costs 500g on average in Inferno now, they're practically trolling the players.

500k a hit is pretty large exaggeration, but its still ridiculous. Having a hard time breaking even in ACT II inferno, btw those lacuni bombs still blow the crap out of you.

Blizz has an annoying tendency to over react when something needs a nerf. Maybe that's how the patch team creates job security

EDIT: And thanks for clearing up the destructible thing.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched in Americas
7. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 19, 2012, 18:01 Pigeon

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

I just got a magic item from some defiled bones, so their nerf isn't working? Or maybe I'm not understanding what qualifies as destructible.

974 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo