Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1189 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 13:32 Pigeon

Come on guys, this is just Microsoft trying help bring awareness to penile cancer. Its clearly a public service they're performing, while at the same time helping millions of men get over their inhibitions by exposing them to the world. Exposure therapy is one of the best ways to help a person get over things like agoraphobia. Ya'll are just hating on Microsoft cause you're the hippster neck beard types, that hate on anything or anyone trying to do good in this world.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 14:07 Pigeon

1badmf wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 13:23:
Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 13:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 12:35:
It would make my brother blush, he was big brother... one of those that semi-invented/patented the cameras that that shoot your plates when you run a red light.

I don't have an issue with people getting fined for running red lights, but speed cameras are horseshit. They're a levy-tax collection device, nothing else. So if he invented those, kindly kick him in the nutsack, courtesy of the rest of the world he helped make less safe with his bullshit invention.

whaaaaat!? i realize they're a revenue stream, but running red lights is a real problem. i would guesstimate i see people do it at more than half of the intersections i stop at, esp. during high traffic periods. it's not an ideal solution, but it's something that's needed, and i personally can live with its flaws. and no, i never run red lights except in legit emergencies.

Problem with redlight cameras is they're used as revenue generators and not law enforcement tools. They should be there only for egregious offenders, not someone who catches the tail end of a yellow, or causes other motorists to slam on their breaks the second the light turns yellow. A lot of light running can be corrected with better timing and yellows that last a second longer.

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
30. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 13:19 Pigeon

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 13:00:
InBlack wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 10:21:
So in other words we will need a 3000$ computer to run it. Thanks Chris, nice to know you wont be wasting any of your time optimizing your game, if or when it ever comes out.

Or mabye he is saying that ten years from now when the game finally released even the shittiest PCs of the era will be able to run it well. Chris Roberts FTW!

This is what's scaring me. Don't get me wrong I love PC gaming, but the nice thing is, I can spend 500-600 bucks every 5 years and be fine running everything that comes out. Is Star Citizen going to be the next Doom 3/Far Cry/Crysis that we have to shell out big bucks even on a PC to get the best bang for it's buck?

A valid concern for sure, but no where did I see him say it wouldn't be scalable. So long as there are a lot of options for adjusting graphics performance I don't see this as being bad. Maybe we've gotten too used to being able to run everything at the highest settings on middling hardware. Maybe people can demand a feature that renames "medium" graphics setting in their UI to "highest"

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
15. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 11:20 Pigeon

Well at least he's saying the right things. Talk and delivery aren't exclusive, but its better than other companies' like EA that actively talk about consolizing PC games like its a good thing, or that PCs aren't important enough to develop for.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Rivals PC Capped at 30 FPS?
19. Re: Need for Speed Rivals PC Capped at 30 FPS? Nov 17, 2013, 22:15 Pigeon

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 14:02:
The last good NFS games were High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed. Those games were fucking AMAZING. I can't believe it's been almost fifteen years and they still haven't put out a decent sequel to them.

EA: NOBODY WANTS AN ARCADE RACER, ESPECIALLY PC GAMERS. And 30pfs?? Fuck that shit! My PC will easily do 130fps with this shitty game. Go the fuck out of business already. >:\

I loved High Stakes, but haven't played a NFS game since then. I'd been thinking about picking one up based on that experience, but sounds like I'd only get disappointment. Good to know.

Also I'm not surprised by the FPS cap. It's hard for EA to hear the muffled screams of angry customers when it has its head up its ass. Sometimes I wonder if they just like fucking with gamers for the fun of it. All this time we've thought they were just incompetent, when they've just been trolling everyone. That'd go a long way to explaining Sim City 4 and Spore.

2. Re: Man Blows Up his PS4 with a Giant Rifle. Nov 15, 2013, 09:58 Pigeon

Millions of nerds waiting on their pre-orders suddenly cry out in terror, only to be silenced by how cool it looks.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 08:34 Pigeon

I remember my friends bullshitting over unlocking Shen Long at lunch during middle school. Some of them would get so mad when you'd say they were full of shit. Ahh middle school.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 09:23 Pigeon

A lot of upsets last week, except the team I was hoping would pull one off . Chiefs and Broncos though!! I think it'll all come down to whether or not the Chiefs' defense can shutdown Manning or not.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 14, 2013, 09:15 Pigeon

Blame video games, I guess its easier and cheaper than creating a better faster responding police force. Or finding better ways of dealing with poverty or how to provide a better education and more activities for kids.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 12, 2013, 08:50 Pigeon

Well same reason so many people never stopped using IE, its the default. Also it seems apple has a pretty solid legion of consumer zombies that eat up whatever they offer.

How integrated is apple maps? Can you change the default app for mapping whenever another program tries to launch a mapping app? If Apple makes it harder to use another companies app, that'd also be a good reason why so many don't use google's.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 11, 2013, 09:51 Pigeon

Rule #1 about talking shit about someone or something, don't let the object of said shit talking know you're doing it.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 11, 2013, 09:32 Pigeon

Since Cutter hasn't responded yet I guess I'll say it. It must have seen an American flag and tried to burn it.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
17. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 11, 2013, 09:30 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:32:
Blizzard president Mike Morhaime on razing Diablo 3's auction house, rebuilding Titan

"I think our players recognized that. We were really looking to see what would happen with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because they don't have an auction house. The response to the console versions was extremely positive, and most people cited the lack of an auction house."

Well, that and the offline mode.

They created the auction house to undercut or compete with black market gold farmers. I get that. The problem is that they took the additional step of designing the loot system so that it forced you to the auction house. That's where they screwed the pooch. Had they made a complete game that stood alone, THEN added in the auction house, I don't think you would have seen nearly the same number of complaints.

I didn't get my first set piece till mid inferno. It wasn't for my class, and it was boring. In D2 most of the set pieces and legendary items had interesting modifiers. Instead in D3 you get slightly more dex or crit than normal. Certainly nothing that might make you think of changing how you play.

News Comments > Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix
19. Re: Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix Nov 11, 2013, 09:14 Pigeon

Even Vista was whipped into shape by this point in its development cycle. At this point I'm starting to wonder if there's something fundamentally wrong with their base UI that they have a hard time getting things to work that have been working just fine for the lat 20+ years. More likely they're still busy trying to cram a UI better suited for smart phones and tablets onto a PC. I really don't understand their insistence on having this interface on a non-touch screen device. Common sense would say have a touch screen mode and a mouse mode.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 9, 2013, 13:16 Pigeon

Redmask wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:51:
The new comments system is somehow even worse than the older one.

Pretty much sums it up. A debacle of Microsoft proportions.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 8, 2013, 10:45 Pigeon

As we’ve seen with Shuhei Yoshida’s concern over European broadband as a platform for Sony’s PS4 streaming tech Gaikai, Penello raised similar doubts. “It’s really cool and really problematic, all at the same time, insofar as it’s really super cool if you happen to have the world’s most awesome internet connection. It works way better than you’d expect it to,” Penello continued

..but but the MAGICS of TEH CLOUD!!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 8, 2013, 08:22 Pigeon

TheWitcher wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 00:31:
Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 22:59:
wtf_man wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 20:17:
PS4 Footage Used In Xbox One Watch Dogs Trailer.

/ROFL

The entire Xbone bonanza is just one giant-ass failboat.

It really is. Have they done anything right yet? Anything?

At this point they have screwed up so badly I don't think anyone could recognize if they did something right. The only thing that will save the xbone is if the PS4 has a horrible launch. Like where half the units are DoA or something awful like that.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2013, 14:28 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 12:48:
I think Road Rash was my favorite 3DO game. Space Hulk was pretty rad too.

Wasn't there a Zelda game for that too or am I thinking of the cd-i? One of the few times you saw a Nintendo IP on another console.

That was the CD-i, examples of how epically terrible it was are all over the internet.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 6, 2013, 19:19 Pigeon

nin wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 19:06:
It's funny that google has no problem with wanting to see your info, but when someone does that to them, WELL, this is an outrage!!!!

You agreed to the terms and conditions of google's data collection policies when you made the choice to exist. Perhaps you shouldn't have been so hasty to click agree when you allowed yourself to be birthed.

Seriously though, the only way anything will get changed with the NSA is if enough large corporations get angry over it. Whether it changes for the better for regular folk is kind of a toss up IMO

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 12:55 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 11:28:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 11:18:
Exactly how stupid do you have to be to pre-order something with BLOCKBUSTER to begin with?

Right after I posted my reply, that is what came to mind. Who does that?

I remember thinking that when we were getting stories like THIS.

There is just no hope for some people.

1189 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo