Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1163 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2013, 09:28 Pigeon

Device that is already on turns on faster than device that is off, NEWS AT 11!

And yes I'm sure they want you to always be in standby mode, that way they can continuously collect information.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure
23. Re: Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure Nov 4, 2013, 09:21 Pigeon

fujiJuice wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 08:50:
RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 07:02:
Redmask wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 07:00:
RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 06:58:
WoW ruined all potentially good MMOs. WoW taught publishers what the mass market really wants is cartoon graphics that run good on sub-$1000 PCs, and everything handed to them on a silver platter in-game.

Games should be another job after all, with hours long farms of spawns shared by everyone and corpse runs.

WoW made MMOs bearable.

I rest my case.

God forbid people want to have fun playing a 'game'. It certainly isn't Blizzard's fault no game has managed to steal away all their users, it is the fault of the other developers. Unless a vast majority of your friends are going to move with you to a different MMO, it probably isn't going to stand the test of time. It has to appeal to a vast audience, it is the very nature of an MMO, at least, if you want an ambitious Triple A MMO. The hardcore gamer base just doesn't bring in the money to support such an costly undertaking, so it must cater to both segments of the population. That is something that WoW did perfectly in the very beginning.

As someone who has played since before BC all I can say is I just got bored after 6 years. They've really done a good job providing content for players from casual to hardcore. I think more of their time has gone to pleasing the casual crowd, but that's understandable seeing as they make up most of the player base. IMO the hardcore players really only have the raids as the rest of the game offers little challenge. Maybe that's where they could expand some hardcore content for the single player/small party that wouldn't be easily accessible to casual players. The only thing that really annoyed me was the dwindling level of player customization. Select your class select your build, you're done! Most of the choice was taken from the player.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
13. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 3, 2013, 09:09 Pigeon

I'm sure the ToS contains something along the lines of

'if you transmit any data through the xbone or xbone network we can use it however we want regardless of copyright status. Also if you dare use any of our logos, random words or fan created videos we will sue the shit out of you.

So while they say they won't do that they'll legally reserve the right to do it. One quick firmware or software update with "camera enhancements" is all they'd need to do.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
25. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 1, 2013, 15:41 Pigeon

nin wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 11:54:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 11:44:
One of the things about plasma that's always turned me off are the higher energy consumptions and heat outputs. Living in a generally warm climate that also means extra energy expenditure towards cooling. They sure did look nice in the stores though.

On a related note, I'm currently looking for a new TV in the 32" range. I've been looking at the Samsung 5000. Anyone have any suggestions? It'd mainly be used for watching TV or movies (some over HDMI from a computer). Been thinking about getting a PS4 as well.

I got this one for ps3/ps4 gaming (my old tv didn't have HDMI, which the ps4 requires). For gaming it's great (almost overkill, with the 120hz, but I got it more for 1080 and the size). But if you're going to be doing a lot of movies, I'd be a little hesitant, as on a black screen light text sometimes causes some illumination on the edges of the screen (not huge, but I know people scream about blacks not being dark enough on some tvs). But just for gaming, it's been excellent.

edit: having prime knocked $30 off...
Creston wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 11:55:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 11:44:
On a related note, I'm currently looking for a new TV in the 32" range. I've been looking at the Samsung 5000. Anyone have any suggestions? It'd mainly be used for watching TV or movies (some over HDMI from a computer). Been thinking about getting a PS4 as well.

I have a 32" Viera LCD which is fantastic. I use it as my computer monitor.

Thanks, I'll probably go looking at some this weekend, always helps to see them in person.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 1, 2013, 11:44 Pigeon

One of the things about plasma that's always turned me off are the higher energy consumptions and heat outputs. Living in a generally warm climate that also means extra energy expenditure towards cooling. They sure did look nice in the stores though.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 1, 2013, 08:40 Pigeon

Portable electronics to be allowed on flights; plane crashes expected to increase 2000%: FAA

Seriously though, its about time they got rid of this ridiculous rule.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3
28. Re: CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3 Oct 31, 2013, 08:51 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 20:37:
Nah, let's face it, the consenus is people either really like these games a lot or just find them really meh. I'm in the meh category. I will not be giving them anymore money even though I appreciate what they're doing. I just hope they don't trash Cyberpunk 2077 and make it meh too.

I always found them hard to get into, but once I did they were great fun. I think its because there was a lot going on, various quests and things to do, so if I picked the game back up after letting it sit for a bit it took awhile to remember WTF was going on, and what all I needed to do.

I hope the 3rd is more like the 1st one than the 2nd. The 2nd one got hit by a heavy dose of consolfication; more QTEs, combat wasn't as good, and the crafting and inventory system weren't so good.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2013, 13:40 Pigeon

Yeah they really need to do a new star trek series. Its been too long. Enterprise had its ups and downs, I think it started off too slow, and by the time it got interesting every one had stopped watching. Thanks to netflix I was able to catch up with that.

I'm not sure about a Worf based series though, he's certainly one of my favorite characters, and Worf episodes were always good, but I fear it would get tiring with him as the central character for the full series.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 12:10 Pigeon

"Cruz lifted his objection after Wheeler assured him in a private meeting Tuesday that tougher disclosure requirements for the donors behind political TV ads are 'not a priority' for him."

That was his objection? I shouldn't be surprised though, a politician worried about his own ass without caring about his constituents.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Oct 29, 2013, 15:21 Pigeon

Wow, that's pretty awful. It reminds me of back in the 80's when games had 1-900 hint lines, only several magnitudes worse.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2013, 10:46 Pigeon

Microsoft is quickly becoming the Vancome Lady of the tech world.
"Lalalala I Can't hear you"

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 28, 2013, 10:10 Pigeon

Microsoft has pointed out that it's game publishers, not the console manufacturers, who are the ones who make the decision on resolution and frame rates for each game.

Is that kind of like a driver who makes the choice not to go 60 when their car can't go 50 without the tires falling off? Maybe if they'd spend more money on making a good product and less on their excusespublic relations department, they wouldn't have to make such stupid statements.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: OMG OMG OMG OMG YOU GUYS Oct 24, 2013, 11:56 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 11:41:
Jedi. ====================================>

Shouldn't that be: ()||||||()=====================>

1. Re: Tweaking Windows 8.1 Oct 24, 2013, 10:50 Pigeon

Materials: Windows 7 Pro installation disk

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 24, 2013, 10:48 Pigeon

Just ban all hashtags, it's for the betterment of society. Seriously though, if a company is going to try and regulate what its users can or can't post there is always going to be those gray areas where people think one thing that is not banned is worse than something that is. Usually there is a reason, case, behind something like that. I'd hate to see picture/s that got #foodorgasm banned.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 23, 2013, 14:14 Pigeon

Fantaz wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 13:25:
I can't believe a virtual item is still worth $28,000 for a game made in 1998... but yeah, it's her clumsy fault and rules are rules.

Well she is 64, so you'd expect her to have a priceless antique or two

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Apple's iPad problem Oct 23, 2013, 11:03 Pigeon

It is amazing how Apple manages to convince people their super awesome ultra fast hip iWhatever, is complete and total crap 6 months after they buy it so they upgrade to the newest one. If only those people would realize its complete and total crap before they buy it then could avoid the whole vicious circle.

Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 10:45:
You convince them the same way you've always done. Make a few marginal, tiny upgrades to the hardware, up the number by 1, and do a huge ad campaign in which you basically tell people that they aren't hip anymore if they don't have the latest and greatest product.

It's sold billions and billions and billions of dollars worth of hardware before. No reason to think it won't now. Apple's sheep fans gladly bought an iPhone 5s, because, well, there's an S in it! So it's SPECIAL!

One of the girls at my church awhile ago complained that she "was the only one in her class who didn't have an iPhone 5!" (she had to make do with a 4s.) I wanted to freaking smack her.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
11. Re: Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video Oct 23, 2013, 10:53 Pigeon

**Spoilers**

The final unlock is at $100 million. It's just a black background jpeg with the words 'HAHAHA SUCKERS!!!!' written on it.

Seriously though, I hope it turns out great. A comprehensive space sim game would rock.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2013, 08:52 Pigeon

Does this mean we can downgrade Experian's credit score? Then they won't be able to afford their interest payments and hopefully go out of business. A guy can dream can't he?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 22, 2013, 08:37 Pigeon

I didn't even know GTA V was out for PC yet. Those warez guys are good.  

1163 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo