Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1201 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2013, 10:31 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 09:53:
Its fucking ridiculous is what it is. And its only hurting the artists in the end. Fucking greedy douchebag record labels...

All they want is $1.99 from everyone who hears one of their songs, anytime they hear it, even a segment, of any of the songs under their respective labels. Is that too much to ask? I mean record label execs need to bathe in Dom Perignon artists need to eat too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 11, 2013, 09:11 Pigeon

Well it should be easier to port games to the PC with the newer generation as well, so i can see the 'need' to emulate being lower. Still interesting though, if they can indeed create emulators without much of an emulation performance hit (since consoles and PC are so alike now)I can see people wanting to run some of the games at higher FPS, or maybe able to apply some graphics enhancing stuff to the games.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Dec 11, 2013, 08:47 Pigeon

Ashley wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 22:54:
Granted it's just a short trailer so there may be a reasonable explanation why they would deliver a response team via a halo drop (note that they say some have not been trained for it, wtf).
I really believe that if they shot it in Japan and in Japanese with clumsily dubbed English, remixed the original soundtrack from the 60's and played it at midnight showings... it would cost less to make, make way more money and have legs for a long life of DVD sales and TV licensing.
Maybe my perspective is not indicative of the reality of the market but I would love that and so would my friends. As it stands, well, won't be paying to see this one.

Probably because its more exciting than guy who saunters into city to obtain Godzilla defeating objective X?

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed
12. Re: Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed Dec 10, 2013, 10:56 Pigeon

Its a blizzard version of angry birds, with a pet collecting mini-game.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 9, 2013, 21:04 Pigeon

PropheT wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 20:47:
Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 20:15:
Time to move onto Windows 9, build it off Windows 7.

Win8 is much better to build off of, just not in the UI department...there's no reason at all to build off of 7 instead for their next OS. The Metro stuff should be a side-app, and it really is if you set 8.1 to boot to desktop mode anyway. Once you get rid of the terrible touch interface on a computer that's 99% likely not using it there's nothing really wrong with 8 and it's a much upgraded and better backend platform to build 9 off of than 7 is.

As long as they don't make the same stupid, forced mistakes they did with the UI again.

If they had just made the UI you control with your ass cheeks, that the market has clearly been demanding, they wouldn't be in the awkward position of having to slowly roll back their biggest design change.

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
126. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 16:17 Pigeon

harlock wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 16:06:
NegaDeath wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 16:03:
If this devolves any further we'll be arguing about the Moon Men beaming thoughts into our brains.

Damn you Moon Men! Shakefist

they arent men, they are mantis-like creatures, also they actually reside in another dimension entirely

but yeh... they like to beam thoughts into our brains

btw dont tell anyone, nobody will believe you - which is all part of their plan anyway

Mwahaha

You all think this is hilarious to poke fun of, just you wait when the Nibiru return on 2012 Dec. 21st. You won't think its so funny then!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 9, 2013, 13:45 Pigeon

#51: Your iPhone looks really cool when you try to skip it across a pond.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 9, 2013, 08:43 Pigeon

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 02:26:
$1000 is a lot to blow for making some people mad for a few days.

Like, I can think of a lot better ways that money could have been spent.

I’m one of these ‘selfish bastards with a lot of money’

That's all you need to know. That and it sounds like he was trying to force Bethesda to announce Fallout 4. How exactly that was supposed to be accomplished I don't know.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII Dec 5, 2013, 22:50 Pigeon

They need to hurry up and do a re-release of FFVI like they did with the DS version of FFIV. Or better yet update it to PS4 and Xbone capabilities. Kefka's crazy ass blowin up the world because FUCK YOU in 1080p would be glorious.  

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2013, 16:11 Pigeon

I've just been using broadcast TV for the last 5-6 years. Even after eliminating the Spanish and Asian language channels, and the religious ones, there are 25+ channels to choose from. Most of it is crap, but its free crap as opposed to paying $80 a month for crap.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2013, 14:58 Pigeon

I've avoided most digital music purchases precisely because of DRM, or other limiting factors. If I buy a CD its easy for me to rip it into whatever format I want so I can listen to it on whatever device I want, however many times. I'm sure there are good DRM free services out there, but I've never been bothered enough to research it.  

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 2, 2013, 14:16 Pigeon

Top searches by category. I'm sure they have no want to show what the actual top searches were.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Peggle 2 gets release date and price for Xbox One. Dec 2, 2013, 10:08 Pigeon

Finally, Xbone owners having something to look forward to.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 Pigeon

What could go wrong with someone printing off hundreds of cheap untraceable, unregistered guns? Maybe the technology isn't there yet to make this a viable way of producing guns, but 3D printers will get cheaper and better. The article mentions the existence of homemade bombs as though the existence of one illegal thing somehow means printing guns should be okay.

That said,I can see printed guns actually being a boon for gun control. Serial numbers, etc could be easily embedded within the gun during the printing process. This would make it harder/impossible to remove/change the identification without destroying the gun, thus making it easier to identify stolen weapons.

News Comments > On Sale
26. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 20:25 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:59:
nin wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:44:
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:14:
Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:19:
SKYRIM CANNOT BE STOPPED! Apparently it doesn't matter what the sale price actually is, it'll just be #1.

I finally bought it yesterday and the first thing I proceeded to do was tango with a bear in a cave.

My first two experiences with bears in Skyrim:

1.: A bear? Well fuck you, I'm a wizard! Wait, shit, hold on, fuck! <dies>

2: BEAR!!!! RUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Mine was similar....sword and board in hand....lokoing around in a forest. Hear a huge ROAR - turn around and it is right on top of me. F U BEAR I AM WARRIOR!

Thump.....body drops and slides down a shallow grade..... hahahahahah now I RUN~!

First time I saw a bear I sneaked up on it and hit it with an arrow... that was a mistake.

7. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2013, 09:39 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 08:55:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 08:47:
My mom has one of those birds, I think evil is just part of the species' traits. That and they live forever, I'm worried it'll out live my parents and then I'll be stuck with it

Most african parrots Ive seen are usually very friendly. Unless they have been mistreated or are left alone for long periods of time. I think your mom's parrot probably just doesnt like you.

It most certainly doesn't like me, or at least sees me as a lowly member of the flock. I think the breeder we got her from was very rough with her when she was young, at least from our observations. We're fairly certain that's where her distrustful nature came from and some of her other less endearing qualities.

3. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2013, 08:47 Pigeon

My mom has one of those birds, I think evil is just part of the species' traits. That and they live forever, I'm worried it'll out live my parents and then I'll be stuck with it  

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 08:27 Pigeon

Simon Says wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 07:37:
LOLL, the chip from AMD for the Xbone costs more than the PS4's, for less power...

Stupid MS. That's priceless! XD

Hey! All that cloud magic costs money!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2013, 11:53 Pigeon

I've lived in East Texas, the Good Ole Boy system is firmly in place there. All a patent troll has to do is hire one of the good ole boy lawyers and they're set. The biggest problem is a law that allows for plaintiffs to shop around for the most favorable court. It gives these people's corrupt life views justification.  

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 09:19 Pigeon

nin wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 09:00:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 08:52:
nin wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 21:26:
The Average Price of a PS4 Sold on eBay is $425. So Far.

Good - fuck those scalpers!

And hey - MS fucking peoples accounts already, not even a week in! Kudos!

It bothers me when I hear about people paying $900 for something they can get for $400 if they just waited a few weeks. Maybe I'm just jealous because I don't have that much money to waste on my impatience, or maybe I'm just bothered by stupid people. Who knows

There's always part of me that considering buying an extra and flipping it (or flipping the one I buy for myself). But I think ultimately, I'd feel bad, even though it's their own fault they're willing to pay so much (I don't like the idea of scamming people).

Well, that and the fear that no matter what I chose to flip, that would somehow end up being the one that ends up in stock everywhere...

I don't see it being so bad in a situation like with PS4s where there is a large supply of them and more continue to be made. Limited venues where the scalpers can buy up most of the tickets is another matter.

1201 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo