Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1163 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 08:34 Pigeon

I remember my friends bullshitting over unlocking Shen Long at lunch during middle school. Some of them would get so mad when you'd say they were full of shit. Ahh middle school.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 09:23 Pigeon

A lot of upsets last week, except the team I was hoping would pull one off . Chiefs and Broncos though!! I think it'll all come down to whether or not the Chiefs' defense can shutdown Manning or not.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 14, 2013, 09:15 Pigeon

Blame video games, I guess its easier and cheaper than creating a better faster responding police force. Or finding better ways of dealing with poverty or how to provide a better education and more activities for kids.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 12, 2013, 08:50 Pigeon

Well same reason so many people never stopped using IE, its the default. Also it seems apple has a pretty solid legion of consumer zombies that eat up whatever they offer.

How integrated is apple maps? Can you change the default app for mapping whenever another program tries to launch a mapping app? If Apple makes it harder to use another companies app, that'd also be a good reason why so many don't use google's.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 11, 2013, 09:51 Pigeon

Rule #1 about talking shit about someone or something, don't let the object of said shit talking know you're doing it.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 11, 2013, 09:32 Pigeon

Since Cutter hasn't responded yet I guess I'll say it. It must have seen an American flag and tried to burn it.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
17. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 11, 2013, 09:30 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:32:
Blizzard president Mike Morhaime on razing Diablo 3's auction house, rebuilding Titan

"I think our players recognized that. We were really looking to see what would happen with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because they don't have an auction house. The response to the console versions was extremely positive, and most people cited the lack of an auction house."

Well, that and the offline mode.

They created the auction house to undercut or compete with black market gold farmers. I get that. The problem is that they took the additional step of designing the loot system so that it forced you to the auction house. That's where they screwed the pooch. Had they made a complete game that stood alone, THEN added in the auction house, I don't think you would have seen nearly the same number of complaints.

I didn't get my first set piece till mid inferno. It wasn't for my class, and it was boring. In D2 most of the set pieces and legendary items had interesting modifiers. Instead in D3 you get slightly more dex or crit than normal. Certainly nothing that might make you think of changing how you play.

News Comments > Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix
19. Re: Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix Nov 11, 2013, 09:14 Pigeon

Even Vista was whipped into shape by this point in its development cycle. At this point I'm starting to wonder if there's something fundamentally wrong with their base UI that they have a hard time getting things to work that have been working just fine for the lat 20+ years. More likely they're still busy trying to cram a UI better suited for smart phones and tablets onto a PC. I really don't understand their insistence on having this interface on a non-touch screen device. Common sense would say have a touch screen mode and a mouse mode.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 9, 2013, 13:16 Pigeon

Redmask wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:51:
The new comments system is somehow even worse than the older one.

Pretty much sums it up. A debacle of Microsoft proportions.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 8, 2013, 10:45 Pigeon

As we’ve seen with Shuhei Yoshida’s concern over European broadband as a platform for Sony’s PS4 streaming tech Gaikai, Penello raised similar doubts. “It’s really cool and really problematic, all at the same time, insofar as it’s really super cool if you happen to have the world’s most awesome internet connection. It works way better than you’d expect it to,” Penello continued

..but but the MAGICS of TEH CLOUD!!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 8, 2013, 08:22 Pigeon

TheWitcher wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 00:31:
Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 22:59:
wtf_man wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 20:17:
PS4 Footage Used In Xbox One Watch Dogs Trailer.

/ROFL

The entire Xbone bonanza is just one giant-ass failboat.

It really is. Have they done anything right yet? Anything?

At this point they have screwed up so badly I don't think anyone could recognize if they did something right. The only thing that will save the xbone is if the PS4 has a horrible launch. Like where half the units are DoA or something awful like that.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2013, 14:28 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 12:48:
I think Road Rash was my favorite 3DO game. Space Hulk was pretty rad too.

Wasn't there a Zelda game for that too or am I thinking of the cd-i? One of the few times you saw a Nintendo IP on another console.

That was the CD-i, examples of how epically terrible it was are all over the internet.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 6, 2013, 19:19 Pigeon

nin wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 19:06:
It's funny that google has no problem with wanting to see your info, but when someone does that to them, WELL, this is an outrage!!!!

You agreed to the terms and conditions of google's data collection policies when you made the choice to exist. Perhaps you shouldn't have been so hasty to click agree when you allowed yourself to be birthed.

Seriously though, the only way anything will get changed with the NSA is if enough large corporations get angry over it. Whether it changes for the better for regular folk is kind of a toss up IMO

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 12:55 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 11:28:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 11:18:
Exactly how stupid do you have to be to pre-order something with BLOCKBUSTER to begin with?

Right after I posted my reply, that is what came to mind. Who does that?

I remember thinking that when we were getting stories like THIS.

There is just no hope for some people.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 6, 2013, 11:39 Pigeon

Chair throwing and sweating competitions to determine winner.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2013, 11:18 Pigeon

Pretty sure I'm 8-5 this week. Jets over the Saints was probably the biggest upset. Greenbay is done for the year, and Bengals and Dolphins operate on some quantum level of skill that changes depending on fan expectations. Ravens, Falcons, and Texans were supposed to be dominate teams this year based on last year's performance. All 3 have fallen flat. 49ers looked like they were going to do the same things, but seem to have picked up their game some. All in all an odd, hard to predict year.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 16:59 Pigeon

PropheT wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 12:21:
Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:05:
The new director did an amazing job with FF14, I don't play personally but I've heard nothing but good things about it from others. To turn around that turd is nothing short of a miracle.

I don't think they did, honestly. What bugs me about the praise it gets is that it still has nearly all of the same complaints that got it panned the first time it released; it's certainly less buggy, but that wasn't what earned it so much hate when it originally launched.

Their insanely rabid fanbase going everywhere to spread word of mouth that it's fixed and a great game seems to me to be what made it successful, along with perfect timing in that no other MMO has really come out recently and no one was waiting for one at the same time.

Don't believe the hype that's gotten around about it, there are much better free to play options out there than what this offers for a sub.

The biggest problems I see are bots and goldsellers. They run rampant on the servers, and there isn't a quick way to report them. And reporting them seems ineffective.

For the crafting portion of the game they've handled most resources pretty well, but things obtained from mobs are a real pain in the butt to acquire, especially in the quantities that you'll need. Basically mob spawns are few and number and demand is high, so you have a lot of competition for very few resources. Its really frustrating to watch as 1 player effectively dominates the collection of a specific resource because of spawn rate control.

Otherwise its a pretty good game, since your character can effectively be any class or job in the game if you get bored with one role you can just switch to another, and there are a few different ways you can level up.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: EA Wants You To Feel Like Their Games Are a Steal. Nov 5, 2013, 10:20 Pigeon

Economics as interpreted by a sociopath. Thank you for providing the evidence, I didn't want to see, that CEO's view their customers as criminals that want to steal from them.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 4, 2013, 20:44 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:14:
It's 'Murica.

Sorry I'll get it right next time.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 4, 2013, 11:43 Pigeon

psulli wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:26:
Hey ... look! Mega-Hyper-Rich, old, white guy finally notices that his deal with the government to spy on citizens is effecting his privilege.

Let's see how he spins this into an issue that Google Glass can solve!

Welcome to 'Merica, unless it effects a rich persons cash flow nothing will be done about it. I can only hope a lawsuit develops out of this, but that may be too much to wish for.

1163 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo