Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1124 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 22, 2013, 08:37 Pigeon

I didn't even know GTA V was out for PC yet. Those warez guys are good.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 21, 2013, 15:53 Pigeon

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 13:16:
I spent hours fixing my machine after installing 8.1. Sound card was automatically uninstalled and got messed up somehow preventing reinstall without manual cleaning. All my themes vanished. Various programs that ran on vanilla 8 won't start without setting a compatibility mode now. Had a weird bug where one of the new popup tooltips for a hot corner wouldn't go away without a registry edit. Don't recall having this much trouble with the old service packs.

Way to go MS, make that slide into oblivion classy.
i
I'm running Vista and have experienced minor issues the last few updates. I've also heard people having issues with updates on 7. Makes me wonder if their whole update QC department has just taken a nosedive.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Character Creation Trailer
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Character Creation Trailer Oct 18, 2013, 09:38 Pigeon

I've never liked the hair in Bethesda games, it's always looked like someone just plopped an ill fitting wig on, specially on the Khajiit.  

News Comments > Blizzard All-Stars Now Heroes of the Storm
17. Re: Blizzard All-Stars Now Heroes of the Storm Oct 18, 2013, 08:35 Pigeon

Well they do have a lot of other MOBA games to stealborrow from, so that should make it decent. The biggest question is just how far will they go with the micro-transactions.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 10:11 Pigeon

Kutcher being the highest paid TV actor is a sign of all that is wrong in the world. /overdramatic

I do find him obnoxious though and its unfortunate that someone I perceive to have far less talent than many other TV actors is being rewarded so handsomely. The only thing I ever thought he did a half decent job of, was on That 70's show playing a self-centered moron.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 17, 2013, 09:31 Pigeon

Good for Blizzard, bots suck. I doubt it'll have a tremendous effect, but at least its something.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
16. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs Oct 15, 2013, 15:14 Pigeon

J wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 14:53:
How am I the first to mention eyeballing the word "multiplayer" tucked away in that text?

It was talked about for II. I remember them having a poll on their site, and people wanted other features instead. It could be awesome implemented correctly, but games would take FOREVER!

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
7. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs Oct 15, 2013, 12:48 Pigeon

Not sure if this is good news or not. Galactic Civ-II is probably the only game that has ever caused me to become completely unaware of time. JUST ONE MORE TURN  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 11:49 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:36:
Necrophob wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:08:
Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 10:30:
Good work, government. Really, just a job WELL FUCKING DONE. Vote yourselves another raise, you clearly deserve it.

Please everybody, vote all these fucking incumbents out of office at the next election(s).

I wish it was so easy, but remember, the only idiot you have the power to vote out is YOUR idiot You have no control over all of the other idiots in the House, and their districts are usually so gerrymandered that they have no fear of losing. I saw a statistic on The Daily Show the other day that mentioned that there is a 91% incumbency rate in the House. An MSNBC article mentions that Congressional approval is down to 5%...

Yeah, but that's why I keep asking everyone to vote THEIR incumbent out of office. I can only vote to get rid of my shitwicks, but you can vote to get rid of your shitwicks. We can all do this together.

Odds are it isn't going to happen, most people vote Rep/Dem just because "that's what they do," but at least we can try.

Also, who in fuck's name are that 5% that still think Congress is doing a good fucking job??? Seriously, can we have those idiots arrested?

I tried to keep Cruz out... sorry about that guys

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2013, 11:05 Pigeon

I wondered why traffic was relatively good today, and still didn't realize today was Columbus day once I got to work and noticed there weren't as many people in as normal. So hooray for Clueless day.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 09:31 Pigeon

Search:>
"Blueberry Muffin recipe"
Results:>
Americans are Fat because of Muffins - RT.com
American Blueberry Corporations Enslave Bolivian Workers - RT.com
Putin's Blueberry Tart recipe is to die for - allrecipies.com

News Comments > Console Emulation Through Steam
42. Re: Console Emulation Through Steam Oct 14, 2013, 09:17 Pigeon

I expect the console makers to react to this, specially if it becomes popular. Bringing it to Steam makes more mainstream, which means more people downloading illegal ROMs. Now if the big console companies were smart they'd sell their own digital copies to be played on the emulators. $5 a game for something they created 15+ years ago = easy revenue. Adding some light DRM via Steam would probably take very little effort.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 11, 2013, 11:33 Pigeon

Nothing says productivity like the big fisher-price "icons" of metro. This should be no surprise, IT generally gets the say in what the companies buy and they don't want a drastic, or even moderate, usability change because they're the ones that have to deal with the calls when someone can't figure out how to open excel anymore.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2013, 10:37 Pigeon

I'm the world's only Small Foot, a lesser known but more mysterious, cool, extra elusive relative of the big foot, cryptozoologist. Where do I sign up for lots of money to study this thing that I just [s]madeup[s] discovered?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 10, 2013, 10:45 Pigeon

If only big-brother wouldn't regulate our labor industry we wouldn't have to outsource so many jobs to China forcing them to enslave their own population to make cheap products for the rest of the world Rolleyes

Its seems like every electronics manufacturer in China has some pretty horrid conditions/practices. Who isn't doing something like this over there?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 10, 2013, 08:57 Pigeon

When they decide to give it the same treatment as the DS version of FFIV they'll have my interest, and my money. FFVI is easily my favorite in the series, a graphical refresh, fleshing out a few of the areas with some more side quests and secret areas to explore, maybe a playable zombie Leo  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2013, 13:16 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 11:30:
Verno wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 10:05:
Last week was brutal for the picks, thankfully next week seems like it'll settle down a bit. The only tough choices I see - Saints vs Patriots and Packers vs Ravens are pretty much flip a coin.

I was 6-8. It was brutal. The 6 that I won were all by like 3 points or less, so I was pretty close to the 0-14 it felt like.

Saints - Pats looks pretty much a gimme to me. The Pats are terribly overrated, and were undefeated only because they played gimp teams. I imagine Brees will murder them. Packers / ravens, yeah, I can't get any kind of feel for the Ravens this season.

Ravens are almost like the Bengals, where they lose when you expect them to win and they win when they should lose. Flaco seems to range from bad to awesome between and within games.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 8, 2013, 13:08 Pigeon

“The PS5 Probably Won’t Have a main console, but just the screen and controller. So what remains will be just the name of the service. It could be named just “PlayStation network”. Steam is defined a platform, but it’s not a hardware platform. It’s the name of the service.”

Except that Steam requires more than just a screen and a controller. It sounds more like he's talking about some kind of VDI/terminal setup. Technology just isn't a place to make that a reality, and I don't see it being in that place in 5-8 years either.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2013, 10:08 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 09:29:
Still not sure what the hell happened to the Texans, I know they had a few injuries but they were embarrassingly bad last night.

Schaub happened. Pick-6 on the very first play, and then two other interceptions both times as they started to move down the field. He has always been a moderate to good QB, but he's straight out terrible right now. There are some other issues, coaching and terrible kicker, but nothing as bad as a QB that throws a pick-6 every game and makes several momentum killing turn-overs as well. My only consolation this season has been, at least we're not the giants. Though I'd support a Matt for Eli trade in a second

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 11:57 Pigeon

Hehe, that was my first thought.
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 10:19:
If it's realism they're going for, then maybe only the losers should be tried for their crimes

1124 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo