Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 972 (Graduate)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 6, 2013, 13:04 Pigeon

Fry: You know what I like about you Umbriel, you find me fascinating, even when I'm not pretending to be a jewel thief or a lion tamer.
Umbriel : (Gasp) You have Sea Lions on the surface?
Fry: Yeah. We call them Land-Sea-Lions. I tame them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 6, 2013, 10:10 Pigeon

That dating article can be consolidated into 2 things.

1. These sites exist to make money, not out of altruism.

2. People lie... a lot.

News Comments > New Diablo III Game Director
33. Re: New Diablo III Game Director Jun 6, 2013, 09:52 Pigeon

MindStalker3 wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 09:42:
So I haven't played this game since shortly after it came out. Played for 3 weeks maybe then put it away.

Is there anything in it worth reinstalling?

I've logged in intending to play, but then thinking about the prospect of grinding away on mobs for boring ass loot caused me to log-off without actually playing.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Patent Trolls Jun 5, 2013, 08:59 Pigeon

Unfortunately I get the feeling this legislation will go nowhere once it hits the House.  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 4, 2013, 11:59 Pigeon

The only thing worse than quicktime is realplayer, and I'm not even sure about that statement because I've probably not used realplayer in 10 years.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2013, 09:49 Pigeon

Greek yogurt bleh. It tastes too much like old off milk; it doesn't surprise me in the least it produces a byproduct that's hazardous for the environment.  

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2013, 18:24 Pigeon

I'll have to try out that graphical enhancement. Last time I played it I noticed how dated it looked.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 31, 2013, 18:24 Pigeon

Damn that's a lot for a game. I seem to remember Street Fighter II for the SNES was around $80 at release. So I guess its not unprecedented, but damn that's a lot.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 31, 2013, 14:42 Pigeon

I was just talking with some co-workers today about how terrible AT&T is with billing. Consistently overcharging on bills, sales people lying about promotions details and tacking on 20 different fees and taxes. They really shouldn't be allowed to do that, but I suppose its written into the contract that they can add fees all they want.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
19. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 28, 2013, 22:22 Pigeon

Wasn't this the game that supposedly had Blizz's best people working on it? I'd love to know what went wrong. Doomed from the start or sunk by the increasingly terrible management. For a company that could do no wrong a few years ago, things are certainly looking grim now. At least as far as fun games are concerned.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 28, 2013, 14:23 Pigeon

Ah yes, I remember my diamond monster II and lots of quake II being played over LAN  

16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 28, 2013, 13:06 Pigeon

It's probably the xbox marketing team making all the pre-orders trying to make it seem like people actually want these things. I can't think of anyone else who would pre-order through blockbuster.  

16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 12:01 Pigeon

Creston wrote on May 24, 2013, 11:05:
there’s no reason why it can’t shift between 400 million and 1 billion consoles in its lifetime.

They really are utterly clueless over there. What is it, Microsoft? Is it something in the company water that turns everyone who works there into a fucking retard? A billion consoles? You think that your TVRemoteBox is going to sell more units than every other console ever created COMBINED?

Apparently the only requirement for becoming a VP at Microsoft is that you have to be totally removed from reality.

Edit: Hahahaa, this is an awesome comment on the linked site itself:

The tricky third album.

They’ve all being doing coke and taking salvia in the recording studio.

This is the outcome.

Rotfl

Creston

Are you trying to say 1/7th of the world's population is an unrealistic sales target? Maybe they're just so poorly made you'll have to buy a new one every 6 months.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 10:13 Pigeon

As terrible as the XBone sounds I'd be surprised if it actually did this. Still its unsettling they even come up with these ideas and then patent them.  

News Comments > Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in August
8. Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in August May 24, 2013, 08:45 Pigeon

Redmask wrote on May 23, 2013, 23:18:
NKD wrote on May 23, 2013, 20:44:
It's really unusual that they've spent so much time and money basically redoing the game instead of just flushing it down the toilet. I wonder if it's any good now?

It's supposedly pretty WoW-like but unique in its own ways, I've heard good things about it but it's hard to give them credence when expectations are so low.

I can't fault other MMO's for copying WoW's formula to a certain degree; it is the most successful MMORPG. Though they did their fair share of borrowing gameplay from other MMO's along the way.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 11:41 Pigeon

Now see, that would have been a smart way to phrase it, along with something about getting higher-end performance for lower-end cost. Oh well, I'm sure when they actually come out people will start comparing the best graphical PS4/XBOX games to the Best PC games and we'll all have a hearty laugh at the console crowd's expense.

Creston wrote on May 23, 2013, 10:52:
EA: The More We Talk, The More Stupid We Sound!

I think the PS4, IF their enhancements to the general issues with PC architecture are as succesful as their main hardware designer promises, might be on a reasonable parity with high-end systems. (high-end, not top of the line.)

Because it is dedicated hardware, you can probably assume an additional 50% (max?) in pure game performance because the console doesn't have to run all these layers that the PC does, which I imagine would put it just about equal to top of the line systems.

The idea that they are magnitudes better is a pile of horseshit so large it would blot out the sun if it was real.

Creston

4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 10:18 Pigeon

"Our benchmarks on just the video and audio performance are 8-10 times superior to the current gen," Teneja continued.

uuuh-huh. Would you care to back that statement up with some actual data not pulled from your rear?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2013, 13:22 Pigeon

If it were just an affair I don't think I'd care as much, he's not a Republican running on a holier than thou family values platform. However in congress he was very vocal in pointing out a lot of the stupidity and lack of integrity the rest of congress displayed. Then he does something extremely stupid and tries to cover it up. It really weakens your position when you're that blatant a hypocrite.

Speaking of stupid people, one can only hope Darwin will have his day yet. Assholes drunk or not, tend to ruin things for the rest of us, so I hate to see one go unrewarded.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 20, 2013, 11:34 Pigeon

I don't like Domino's at all; their basic recipe is terrible. When they redid their pizza, their strategy was to somehow inject it with even more salt than an already salty product had and then give it an overpowering garlic taste.

I like Pizza Hut when its done properly. Quality can be pretty inconsistent, poor cheese/topping coverage, under/overcooked, and a large that's 2 inches shorter in diameter than advertised.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2013, 11:05 Pigeon

That'll learn those pesky fans to post videos of themselves enjoying Nintendo's games.

From the update at the end it sounds like they just want to place ads on these videos, but it sure was an asshat way of going about it. Specially for what probably amounts to free advertising for them anyways.

972 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo