Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 965 (Graduate)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 31, 2013, 18:24 Pigeon

Damn that's a lot for a game. I seem to remember Street Fighter II for the SNES was around $80 at release. So I guess its not unprecedented, but damn that's a lot.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 31, 2013, 14:42 Pigeon

I was just talking with some co-workers today about how terrible AT&T is with billing. Consistently overcharging on bills, sales people lying about promotions details and tacking on 20 different fees and taxes. They really shouldn't be allowed to do that, but I suppose its written into the contract that they can add fees all they want.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
19. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 28, 2013, 22:22 Pigeon

Wasn't this the game that supposedly had Blizz's best people working on it? I'd love to know what went wrong. Doomed from the start or sunk by the increasingly terrible management. For a company that could do no wrong a few years ago, things are certainly looking grim now. At least as far as fun games are concerned.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 28, 2013, 14:23 Pigeon

Ah yes, I remember my diamond monster II and lots of quake II being played over LAN  

16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 28, 2013, 13:06 Pigeon

It's probably the xbox marketing team making all the pre-orders trying to make it seem like people actually want these things. I can't think of anyone else who would pre-order through blockbuster.  

16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 12:01 Pigeon

Creston wrote on May 24, 2013, 11:05:
there’s no reason why it can’t shift between 400 million and 1 billion consoles in its lifetime.

They really are utterly clueless over there. What is it, Microsoft? Is it something in the company water that turns everyone who works there into a fucking retard? A billion consoles? You think that your TVRemoteBox is going to sell more units than every other console ever created COMBINED?

Apparently the only requirement for becoming a VP at Microsoft is that you have to be totally removed from reality.

Edit: Hahahaa, this is an awesome comment on the linked site itself:

The tricky third album.

They’ve all being doing coke and taking salvia in the recording studio.

This is the outcome.

Rotfl

Creston

Are you trying to say 1/7th of the world's population is an unrealistic sales target? Maybe they're just so poorly made you'll have to buy a new one every 6 months.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 10:13 Pigeon

As terrible as the XBone sounds I'd be surprised if it actually did this. Still its unsettling they even come up with these ideas and then patent them.  

News Comments > Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in August
8. Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in August May 24, 2013, 08:45 Pigeon

Redmask wrote on May 23, 2013, 23:18:
NKD wrote on May 23, 2013, 20:44:
It's really unusual that they've spent so much time and money basically redoing the game instead of just flushing it down the toilet. I wonder if it's any good now?

It's supposedly pretty WoW-like but unique in its own ways, I've heard good things about it but it's hard to give them credence when expectations are so low.

I can't fault other MMO's for copying WoW's formula to a certain degree; it is the most successful MMORPG. Though they did their fair share of borrowing gameplay from other MMO's along the way.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 11:41 Pigeon

Now see, that would have been a smart way to phrase it, along with something about getting higher-end performance for lower-end cost. Oh well, I'm sure when they actually come out people will start comparing the best graphical PS4/XBOX games to the Best PC games and we'll all have a hearty laugh at the console crowd's expense.

Creston wrote on May 23, 2013, 10:52:
EA: The More We Talk, The More Stupid We Sound!

I think the PS4, IF their enhancements to the general issues with PC architecture are as succesful as their main hardware designer promises, might be on a reasonable parity with high-end systems. (high-end, not top of the line.)

Because it is dedicated hardware, you can probably assume an additional 50% (max?) in pure game performance because the console doesn't have to run all these layers that the PC does, which I imagine would put it just about equal to top of the line systems.

The idea that they are magnitudes better is a pile of horseshit so large it would blot out the sun if it was real.

Creston

4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 10:18 Pigeon

"Our benchmarks on just the video and audio performance are 8-10 times superior to the current gen," Teneja continued.

uuuh-huh. Would you care to back that statement up with some actual data not pulled from your rear?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2013, 13:22 Pigeon

If it were just an affair I don't think I'd care as much, he's not a Republican running on a holier than thou family values platform. However in congress he was very vocal in pointing out a lot of the stupidity and lack of integrity the rest of congress displayed. Then he does something extremely stupid and tries to cover it up. It really weakens your position when you're that blatant a hypocrite.

Speaking of stupid people, one can only hope Darwin will have his day yet. Assholes drunk or not, tend to ruin things for the rest of us, so I hate to see one go unrewarded.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 20, 2013, 11:34 Pigeon

I don't like Domino's at all; their basic recipe is terrible. When they redid their pizza, their strategy was to somehow inject it with even more salt than an already salty product had and then give it an overpowering garlic taste.

I like Pizza Hut when its done properly. Quality can be pretty inconsistent, poor cheese/topping coverage, under/overcooked, and a large that's 2 inches shorter in diameter than advertised.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2013, 11:05 Pigeon

That'll learn those pesky fans to post videos of themselves enjoying Nintendo's games.

From the update at the end it sounds like they just want to place ads on these videos, but it sure was an asshat way of going about it. Specially for what probably amounts to free advertising for them anyways.

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
36. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 17:01 Pigeon

OpticNerve wrote on May 14, 2013, 16:21:
My main issues with Diablo 3:

- Horribly thought-out rune and skill system. Almost every end-game player used a specific set of skills and runes for their character to maximize dps and/or survivability. Anything else was either because the player didn't know better or was changing it up out of boredom.

- RMAH. Enough said.

- As said by another poster here, items were just plain boring and just basic stat-padding of the worst kind. You never got excited about getting or finding new awesome loot that could have been a game-changer for your character. It's the simple basis of what ARPGs thrive on and it's really surprising that D3 didn't have something this obvious.

About the only thing I liked about the D-III’s skill/rune system was you could easily change out runes and skills. I always felt a little trapped by the few and far between skill and stat resets of D-II. It seemed I’d be punished with a crappy character build if I tried something new. That said I wouldn’t want it to be as easy as D-III’s system where there’s no investment in building your character.

As I’ve said before, I think the RMAH is the real reason behind the horrible drops and boring loot. If drops were better or at least more interesting (stats special properties etc.), people wouldn’t be as motivated to pay real money when they could make due with something they found themselves.

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
15. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 11:01 Pigeon

I think the RMAH screwed things up the most. Because blizz was trying to make money of it, suddenly they have a real vested interest in making gear, the only way of improving your character in D3, very difficult to acquire. I'm not sure if the Gold AH alone would have had as devastating an effect as the RMAH, but I get the feeling the RMAH drove a lot of design decisions, and that does not make for a fun game.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Apr 27, 2013, 10:42 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 22:03:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 21:49:
Starring Gilbert Gottfried as Thrall.

"I like my coffee like I like my women, black, with a side of prune danish." - GG

And Robin Williams as The Lich King's wise cracking pet geist.

News Comments > Cross-Platform SimCity OS X in June
6. Re: Cross-Platform SimCity OS X in June Apr 10, 2013, 21:49 Pigeon

Well if any user base is going to take well to a giant corporation controlling every aspect of the user experience, and telling them how they should and shouldn't be enjoying the product, this will be the group!  

News Comments > Jay Wilson: Auction Houses "Really Hurt" Diablo III
73. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 15:23 Pigeon

"Blizzard underestimated the number of players who would turn to auctions to outfit their characters."

Underestimated? I thought they were counting on that, thus the complete shit drops you would get. Thus why your characters performance was so closely tied to equipment. Maybe they've improved those aspects since I last played a month or so after release, but equipment farming was terrible.

It's hilariously sad that they're trying to fess up to a mistake, but still shifting the blame on the user base. That's the bullshit bit, the heavy reliance on the AH was by design, they wanted that RMAH cash.

I re-ran content in D3 way more than I ever did in D2 for the sake of getting equipment. I don't mind a grind, but the rewards were so few and far between it wasn't worth it.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2013, 19:48 Pigeon

Beamer wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 14:39:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 14:33:
Where do they find such idiots like Joe Wilson? Tablets are nothing but toys at this point. What you can do on them beyond games, is so limited it is not worth mentioning. So far most of mine have moved down to the young where they play lots of games, even the college kids find little use for them. Like one college kid told me, you can't even keep class notes on them.

Five years ago you couldn't even browse the internet on your phone (well.)

Today it's where significant site traffic comes from.

Trends are things that happen over time. I still don't get why people keep arguing that a desktop is a better form factor. It sucks. Its only advantage is power.

There needs to be another reason? Yeah if I could get the same performance out of a tablet, and like you said be able to hook a big screen, mouse and keyboard up to it, I'd use that too. I don't want a desktop because it's big and bulky, I want it because it offers the best user experience to me. I'm sure in 10 years tablets etc. will be closer to desktops in ability than they are now, but I don't see them being able to completely replace them for a long long time.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
10. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 17, 2013, 21:10 Pigeon

Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 17:01:
The text while driving people are as bad, if not worse than, the drunks.
I'm so sick of these texting while driving losers. I'm also tired of hearing them say how good they are at it and it's perfectly safe. It's not safe! It's dangerous and nobody cares if you kill yourself. If one of these losers kills someone I care about while texting and driving, they better find a very good place to hide.
I hope that someone comes up with a way to put a stop to the driving and texting.

I think there have been a few studies showing just that. And you're right, it's amazing how many people think texting and driving is bad, but seem to feel they're the exception to the rule.

965 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo