Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 09:50 Pigeon

Well that didn't take long. Though I guess in a contest of who is willing to give poor service to their customers the longest you'd be a fool to bet against Comcast. I do realize this isn't a tiered pay for performance move, but with all the news about possible throttling going on and the Comcast TimeWarner merger, it's not hard to imagine some sort of chicanery going on.

Not sure if it was here or not, but I did see something about the FCC wanting data from ISPs so they could see if the issues are actually congestion related or throttling.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2014, 09:55.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2014, 13:09 Pigeon

I swear the Discovery, and History channels do nothing but emit dangerous levels of stupid anymore. There's speculative science and then there's fantasy and fraud, and they seem to do much more of the latter than the former.  

News Comments > Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded
3. Re: Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded Feb 21, 2014, 13:00 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:51:
Cool news.

As for the internet hate, just ignore it. If your backers were fine with it, who the fuck cares about everyone else?

Really the only bad things I've heard about the game is it's length, and a few rumblings that the girl's section isn't as good. I'll have to check it out sometime. I did get a %25 off coupon for double-fine games, but I've got a back log to work through already so I may be better off waiting till its on sale.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Feb 21, 2014, 11:45 Pigeon

Spektr wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 07:33:
What happens when small teams start to make shooters that can pull audiences away from Titanfall? Football games that are more fun than Madden?

Let me guess... they'll get bought off by big studios?

Problem with Football games is EA holds the NFL license, and being able to play as your favorite team is a huge draw for sports games. It would be nice to play a game where there aren't things like Snickers Awareness and Gatorade Endurance upgrades for players...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2014, 09:54 Pigeon

Microsoft is just reaping what they've sown. They've been milking their office productivity line for a long time thinking it was untouchable. Now if that revenue source declines they will be screwed, since they've screwed up everywhere else.  

News Comments > Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY
2. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 09:53 Pigeon

I'm more interested in a remake of VI and to a lesser extent V. Classic style FF gameplay, with a good story and updated graphics. Yes please.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 20, 2014, 09:01 Pigeon

No Phil, I think that was the right decision, at least for everyone else. Now there's a good chance the game will actually run in 1080p.  

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
28. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 17:05 Pigeon

Xero wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:11:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:07:
Am I losing my mind, or didn't WoW have a trading mechanism where you put the items in and then each side has an opportunity to approve the trade? Borrow some code from across the hall? (Yes, I realize it isn't quite that easy... but the point is valid)

WoW actually has it done right because there is no real money involved outside of your monthly prescription. Blizzard wanted some kind of income out of D3 since they only made money off the initial game sale and that was the end of it.
At this point if they are smart they will incorporate WoW style auction house and leave it at that. No real money required!

I think even a RMAH could possibly be viable, we just can't trust Blizzard not to screw-up the gameplay for profit. Its like telling a dog not to eat the bacon you've dropped on the floor. They just can't help themselves.

News Comments > New NFS Rivals Cars
4. Re: New NFS Rivals Cars Feb 19, 2014, 15:20 Pigeon

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 13:03:
I wonder how profitable it is for EA to make these NFS games.
Maybe these sell well on the consoles I am not sure but there seem to be a new one every year and aside from the graphics being upped a bit I don't find a single reason to play them.
I saw the WTF vid TotalBiscuit did on this and it was enough to steer clear of this game.
Hot Pursuit was trying to capitalize on the same idea as this game anyways, Most Wanted was the last good NFS games I remember playing.
These newer ones suck!

Just watched the total biscuit video, holy hell that game is terrible. What's so hard about making a racing game with real cars and fun tracks? And it doesn't need a plot, its a racing. Want a game where you can roll play as a thug, buy GTA.

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
17. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 14:16 Pigeon

The bad idea was designing loot and drop rates to make using the AH a more attractive option. The AH in WoW works just fine without breaking the game, but then Blizzard wasn't trying to make money off it.

I'm sure we'll never know for sure, but I wonder how much of the game designed around making the RMAH as profitable as possible. To me the boring loot and bad drop rates was one area, but I wonder if the easy to reach level cap and the no skill/stat investments weren't part of that as well. After all those decisions made gear almost the only thing to effect your characters performance. Good skill combos are helpful, but if you're hitting like a wet noodle because you can't find any good gear, that doesn't really matter either.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 09:36 Pigeon

The debate is really about who pays for and who profits from the increasingly elaborate infrastructure required to make the internet do something it was never designed to do in the first place: stream high-speed video.

The consumer pays for it and the broadband and content providers profit from it. There that was easy. I also assume the content providers are paying for some sort of connection/hosting as well. It sounds like broadband companies want an ever increasing revenue without having to invest in infrastructure, and who wouldn't, but that's just not a possibility.

News Comments > Valve on VAC and Trust
17. Re: Valve on VAC and Trust Feb 19, 2014, 08:56 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 03:57:
The day before yesterday saw the first ever cheater (I noticed) on Team Fortress 2. It was on a VAC server, he was obviously using some sort of auto-aim. Headshots with sniper with every single shot, and the strange jerky motions of the rifle in all directions were dead giveaways. We voted him off the server but it was still disturbing none the less.

I've seen a few in TF2. Weirdest one I've seen is some sort of super spy hack where the player can essentially and functionally be whatever class they want whenever. Pyro with working flame thrower one second then cloaking the next. Still for as long as I've played TF2 its pretty rare to see any cheating.

Worst game I ever played (as far as cheaters go) was the Q3 mod Urban Terror. That game had so many cheaters it became unplayable.

News Comments > Rust Punches Cheaters
4. Re: Rust Punches Cheaters Feb 12, 2014, 10:30 Pigeon

Alamar wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 09:32:
...Now, I've been accused of cheating many times... And there's not much more I boast about, in gaming, than that... Especially when it's in a game I am just very good at (like UT Excessive, 'back in the day')...

-Alamar

It is a good feeling, usually it comes from people who refuse to adjust their habits when they're getting owned. Not really an example of getting called a cheater, but back when I was into Soldier of Fortune II, some guy got really mad and accused me of grenade spamming since I always killed him in the first 20 seconds of a game. My reply was that if he didn't hide behind the same box every-time, I wouldn't "spam" grenades there.

Usually if I think someone is cheating I make them top priority on my list of targets. If they're actually cheating that tends to piss them off pretty good.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 12, 2014, 08:52 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 21:38:
Bitcoin exchanges buckle under strain of phantom transactions.

Was only a matter of time before they found a way to break it....be interesting to see if it rebounds.

A currency that can lose half its value in 5 days?! Gimme some of that! Right now it seems like its fairly easy for criminal elements to manipulate the exchange rate to their liking.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 09:56 Pigeon

Has Tim been reading from The 7 Habits of Highly Despicable People? Habit #4 always blame the weak and defenseless. The only thing he did wrong was not also blaming the poor. But he gets style points for going the 'telling it like it is' route.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 10, 2014, 09:25 Pigeon

I'm sure apple is lobbying for patent reform for everyone but them.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2014, 13:33 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 13:01:
How strange, I burned the shit out of my pasta sauce yesterday when I forgot about it, sigh. Yesterday was a bad culinary day for me. Really off my game. Shoulda just went out for dinner.

And Subway...ewwww.

And I agree, Nye should have never debated that clown in the first place. The fact that even he gives those hillbillies credence does harm. Lincoln should have let the south go. They'd be happy living in their shacks in Jesusland while we'd be happy living in a Star Trek like utopia of the future.

And who knew Bizarro read Blues.

I have a hard time faulting someone for trying to educate and inform. I'd like to imagine he had a greater impact than he's being credited with. Sure the loud mouths will come out louder than before, but its the people who stay quiet and listen that might start to think critically. Even Pat Robertson said Ham needs to stop being a moron. Well not in those exact words, but close enough

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 7, 2014, 09:53 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 09:37:
Destiny? Oh that MMO that Bungie is developing. How wonderful for them.

Its tough for MMOs to get legs under them. Even with a relatively good launch games tend to crap out after a year or more. So good luck with that Activision.

26. Re: Into the Black Feb 7, 2014, 08:45 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 21:43:
NegaDeath wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 20:51:
Creston wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 20:18:
I think my favorite is the one with four shitters just side by side. No stalls, no partitions, nothing.

"Hey, Bob."
"Hey."
"It fall yet?"
"..."

Imagine the hilarity!

I like one with one toilet and three observation chairs in front facing it. New Olympic sport?

"Oh my gosh, the Russian judge gave it a 4.2! The crowd is outraged! Boos are flying through the building right now, and it sure looks as if the Russians have once again been bribed to give lower votes, Bob!"

"Right you are, Wally! Now it's time for these messages."

"This is OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR COUNTRY!"

I thought you were making a joke about the three observational chairs... nope. Also rather fond of the toilet rules sign, where it shows a big X through someone fishing in the toilet.

I know there have been unfinished venues at other Olympics, but I swear it looks like 2 months ago someone remembered they were hosting, and they've been hastily throwing shit together since. Its possible we're only seeing the exceptions to an otherwise quality job, but I'm getting the feeling that may not be the case.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2014, 09:03.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2014, 11:37 Pigeon

Well EA was voted the worst company in the US. They're just trying to live up to the expectations and "improve" on their performance. Sounds like they need to watch out for comcast though. That's some pretty weaselly shit. 'Lets increase our hotspot coverage without spending a dime. In fact we'll have our customers unknowingly pay for it while compromising their data security '  

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo