Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1187 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
24. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 15:03 Pigeon

Acleacius wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 13:01:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:52:
He could have left and texted outside instead of deciding his own convenience overrode that of everyone else in the theater. Previews or not, he was being very inconsiderate of everyone who wasn't him. And by saying that I am not condoning what happened to him. Homicide is obviously not an appropriate response to someone who is being rude, nor is violence of any kind. Its sad so many people feel their indignation warrants lethal or violent responses.
Everyone?
/sociopathicly, everyone?
or
/sarcasm, everyone?

Yes text messaging during loud ass previews, so intense they encapsulate the majority of action, music and story elements, in two minute clips. Surely their 3 year old, had some loud ass punk music playing, which was bleeding over previews.

Inconsiderate, fatherless, 3 year old.

Everyone as in the people in the theater, who are there to watch a movie, which is the intended point of being in the theater. Whether or not you like the previews doesn't make it okay to start texting, talking, farting or whatever because you feel that part unimportant. You can text before you enter the theater, you leave and text, or you can decide you can go an hour and 45 minutes without using your phone.

Also no reason to go Mrs. Lovejoy on me. I'm not arguing that what happened wasn't tragic, or that he deserved it in anyway way, shape or form. But just because one guy went apeshit insane over it doesn't mean people who talk or text tin theaters can't be criticized.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 11:52 Pigeon

Dagnamit wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:28:
NegaDeath wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:18:
InBlack wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 10:45:
Jesus Christ some of you guys are insensitive pricks. I agree with the sentiment that its rude to text and use your phone in the theatre but no one deserves to get shot and killed over it!

I don't see anyone saying they deserved it. Nor does anyone deserve to be on the receiving end of the rage of a mentally unbalanced person with access to firearms.

He certainly didn't deserve it. He was only texting during the previews, or so I've heard.

He could have left and texted outside instead of deciding his own convenience overrode that of everyone else in the theater. Previews or not, he was being very inconsiderate of everyone who wasn't him. And by saying that I am not condoning what happened to him. Homicide is obviously not an appropriate response to someone who is being rude, nor is violence of any kind. Its sad so many people feel their indignation warrants lethal or violent responses.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 10:00 Pigeon

You're only supposed to fantasize about shooting people who text in theaters, not actually do it.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2014, 08:38 Pigeon

Soverain President Katharine Wolanyk said, "We're obviously disappointed that the court denied our petition. It's a really tough time to be a patent owner."

Rotfl

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 13, 2014, 21:27 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 17:00:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 14:03:
Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 13:46:
I love lemon-lime Gatorade, but let's face it, kool-aid with salt is no big secret.

There's no salt in Gatorade, only electrolytes.

I'm guessing you were being sarcastic as salt is an electrolyte.

Yeah, but they would never call it salt or sodium since that's a bad word. Not that salt is bad, but given our already high salt diet, unless you're doing something where you're sweating profusely, water is probably the best option. Funnily enough most sodas have less salt and probably 30 or so more calories.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 13, 2014, 14:07 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 11:32:
Well the buyer has to have a brain and decide if they want one. Them making one doesn't force anyone to buy them.

I can see an extra-wide curved desktop monitor. To me that has some sense to it since you are so close, it would enhance FOV. Since in the Living Room, I'm far back that the curve wouldn't help FOV, I'd just have a curve for no good reason I can think of.

Its a ploy to get people to sit closer to the TV so the mind control rays from the commercials are more effective. Crazy

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 13, 2014, 14:03 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 13:46:
I love lemon-lime Gatorade, but let's face it, kool-aid with salt is no big secret.

There's no salt in Gatorade, only electrolytes.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2014, 09:02 Pigeon

Just wait till AT&T releases their, 'Pay us to slow down your competitors' tiered service in late summer '14. I also hear a protection plan is coming soon too. Maybe if you don't pay your packets get dropped, I don't know, maybe your site gets DDoS'ed. These things happen.  

2. Re: Haterade Jan 13, 2014, 08:42 Pigeon

Well I'm sure they were targeting the 1% of people, out of those that actually exercise, that exert themselves enough to actually need a product like Gatorade.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 10, 2014, 09:10 Pigeon

nin wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 18:12:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 18:06:
Forget 4K TVs: Most Americans still own a VCR.

I own one. Doesn't mean it's plugged in.

Also, interesting tidbit. I have a friend who's a librarian. She says that a VHS tape lasts about 600 rentals before it degrades to the point where they have to replace it. For discs, it's only 100 rentals.

I can't speak for your friends experience, but (I would think) it's a lot easier to damage a dvd than it is to damage a vhs cassette, based on the way the tape is largely protected by the external case.

Judging by the quality of some rental DVDs I'm pretty sure people use them as handkerchiefs and then clean them off with sandpaper. I've cleaned more than a few to get them to work properly, or simply because I'm afraid my DVD player might get electronic herpes from them.

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 9, 2014, 16:30 Pigeon

If the best way to communicate with your partner in a relationship is to text, then yeah there's gonna be some issues...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2014, 14:08 Pigeon

Ratty wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 12:07:
Hey, I have a question and thought I'd ask here first. I found my StarCraft II WOL DVD and since I never finished it I thought I'd give it another go. Problem is I have since upgraded to a new computer and haven't a clue what my old BattleNet login/email or password is. I seriously have no reason to ever use Battlenet for anything so just didn't pay attention the first time - I just wanted to play a fucking single-player game - and didn't want to have to keep track of yet another website login password for years to come.

So I create a new Battlenet account and install from DVD, everything seems fine. I play a couple of levels but it turns out I'm just playing the starter edition and it won't play anymore until I upgrade to the full game! WTF? I'm guessing I've just been screwed by Blizzard and I'm SOL unless I want to pay again for the same game.

Or am I just being overly cynical? Since I have the actual physical DVD is there a way to get the full game again? Does Blizzard have a support email or a phone number that they actually respond to?

There should be a customer support number (be prepared to spend a long, long time on hold). If you can remember what email you used I'm sure they can either reset your login and password. If you can't remember, bnet should have sent you a confirmation email when you setup your account, might be worth doing a search for bnet in your various accounts.

News Comments > Double Dragon Neon for Steam Nears
1. Re: Double Dragon Neon for Steam Nears Jan 9, 2014, 09:47 Pigeon

I did love me some DoubleDragon back in the day, that was some awesome 2 player fun to be had.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 9, 2014, 08:46 Pigeon

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 17:34:
Don't Starve is HARD! I'm having fun, but I have died a ton of times.

I've barely gotten into it yet, but its fun so far. Once I figured out I could make a torch so I didn't insta-die at night I soon realized that wasn't enough to keep the monsters at bay, so I set the forest on fire. That learned 'em Flamethrower

News Comments > Starbound Sells 1M
5. Re: Starbound Sells 1M Jan 7, 2014, 13:03 Pigeon

ItBurn wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:53:
Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:13:
Going to wait until its feature complete and polished to get seriously into it but glad they're doing well.

Yeah, I really want to play, but I'll wait for the finished version...

Same, I've got a lot of other games in my need to play queue already, so I feel no rush to play an unfinished product. The idea of a well put together 2d scroller is very appealing to me though. I get tired of fighting the camera in a lot of 3d games, or dealing with 8 billion button combinations.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Removes GFWL?
11. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 11:16 Pigeon

Now Origin needs to die as well and all will be right in the world.  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 6, 2014, 15:15 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 14:27:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:33:
If bitcoin can ever stop dropping and regaining half its value in a two month period maybe more business might take the risk.

It is as bad as insider trading.

Everyone knew that announcement would trigger prices - and I am sure people made millions on it over night.

Yeah it is. Seems more like a Vegas 'game' right now than the legitimate currency it's trying to be.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 6, 2014, 14:30 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 10:57:
And website owners (no offense, Blue) wonder why everyone just runs adblock plus nowadays.

I've long used noscript, but so many sites have tied functionality to various ad or data tracking services it's losing its effectiveness, i.e. I end up enabling more scripts just to view a website properly.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 6, 2014, 13:33 Pigeon

If bitcoin can ever stop dropping and regaining half its value in a two month period maybe more business might take the risk.  

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
31. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 13:50 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 13:22:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 13:20:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 13:17:
So let me get this straight....it is now past 1300, so you can no longer buy or sell the globes - but they were down for how many hours? And now you can't do anything with them, and they are probably going to yank all of them? wow. Classy!
Yeah that does suck.
I was expecting Steam to at least expand the sale a few hours due to the issues they've had.
Instead they just ignored it like it never happened.

And it wasn't just the store front that got hit, look at the stats. 8M users to 4M users.

I barely managed to get it done last night. I hope they end up giving more time, otherwise people will shift their ire from the DDoS'ers to Valve for handling it poorly. Which I'm sure would make the little trolls very happy.

1187 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo