Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1226 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 3, 2014, 12:57 Pigeon

My local FOX affiliate broadcasts in 720p, so yeah I'd say they have some catching up to do. I don't normally notice unless I'm close to the TV, but I could tell yesterday watching the Superbowl.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 08:56 Pigeon

Hoop wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 23:15:
Ouch thats gotta harsh the buzz in Colorado.
Did Seattle at least manage to keep it classy after the win?
Sherman did'nt dry hump every Broncos player & wave his Junk at them I hope.

Nope he landed wrong and injured his jawankle. Probably should have been pulling starters at that point, not even a good Manning could have come back by then. And there was nothing good about Manning or the reset of the Broncos for the entire game. I swear something was wrong with Peyton's arm, he was only throwing short passes, and the few he threw down the field were off. Certainly not the laser like precision I'm used to seeing from him.

The Hawks on the other hand were on. They capitalized on every mistake the Broncos made and gave no quarter. They played like a super bowl team should.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jan 31, 2014, 13:18 Pigeon

I expect most game reviews to be subjective, its the nature of the beast. You're asking someone to give their opinion of a game, you are obviously going to get their personal opinions and tastes reflected in that. IMO getting paid to say something isn't even a matter of objectivity or subjectivity as it isn't the person's view, they're just saying what they were told to say (or not). That's called being a shill.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 31, 2014, 09:29 Pigeon

When you run out its better that more beer comes to you than you going to more beer. The FAA is encouraging drunk driving, this is an outrage  

News Comments > EA Salt Lake Layoffs
11. Re: EA Salt Lake Layoffs Jan 31, 2014, 08:35 Pigeon

Isn't this standard practice for EA and other big developers? Finish a project or switch directions and its layoff time. Some get rehired for new projects and others with more replaceable skills get to work on their resumes.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 30, 2014, 14:47 Pigeon

And Super Bowl commercials ruined the Super Bowl, so its all good.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 30, 2014, 09:53 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 09:42:
I'd rather they kept the Bluray drive and dropped Kinect.

No they can't drop the kinect, its part of the gaming experience.
Several games would be unplayable without it.
And you couldn't use the awesome TV voice commands.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed
13. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed Jan 30, 2014, 08:43 Pigeon

I'll wait on this for sure, but if they truly have better loot and the AH is no longer a near necessity I'll probably pick it up... eventually.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 29, 2014, 13:35 Pigeon

“Having been a part of several EA Ronku campaigns, I can tell you that at no point was I asked to lie or falsify my opinion of a game. EA is aware that asking people to do this is wrong and if you actually read the assignment documents that were leaked, EA never asks us to misinform people by only saying positive things about the game. I would love to disclose the actual campaigns to the public so you could see just how tame the requests were but I don’t have the authority to do so."

Someone needs to explain to these guys what a conflict of interest is, and why even accepting money for seemingly harmless requests compromises their objectivity. I have no doubt EA knows exactly what its doing/

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 29, 2014, 11:28 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 11:10:
Note that they're taking a pay cut for four months. This isn't some "we fucked up, we're going with half from now on."

For four months, he's taking $250,000 home every month instead of $500,000. Then it'll just go back to $500K.

(And similar for the others who are taking less. Yeah, I'm sure you're really gonna feel that $100K loss on your $500K salary.)

Still, better than getting a million dollar bonus for fucking up.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 29, 2014, 10:15 Pigeon

Wait what? Executives taking big pay cuts when they make bad decisions? THIS IS UNAMERICAN!! Oh wait they're not American, carry on then.  

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
11. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 09:50 Pigeon

So Titan is releasing on the Xbone, 360, and PC right? All windows based devices, so what are they going to blame when that turns out to be a buggy cluster fuck too? Maybe they'll admit they completely failed to do even a moderate job of testing because they were in such a hurry to push it out the door, because THE MONEY. Or they'll probably just find a way to blame the fans.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 29, 2014, 08:51 Pigeon

Raven wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 18:35:
Follow up to the Evans article: Kotaku

TLDR: Sometimes someone who thinks they are being "colorful" or "creative" is just being an asshole. There's a lot better Jew jokes out there.

Besides terrible games funded by Christian groups, how many games have characters that are readily identifiable as Christian, or any other religion for that matter (other than Jedi)? I'm going to hazard a guess and say, not many. Seems odd to complain there are barely any Jewish characters, when there are barely any religiously affiliated characters to begin with.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 28, 2014, 10:00 Pigeon

Guess they have to do something to try and narrow that performance gap. Not that I think the additional 8% is going to help a lot.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 28, 2014, 09:51 Pigeon

I can't believe this guy even tried to enter the law profession after all he did. Doesn't he know they have professional standards? They can't let in liars and cheats who get caught so easily.  

News Comments > Leaked Source 2 Screenshot?
20. Re: Leaked Source 2 Screenshot? Jan 28, 2014, 08:42 Pigeon

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 23:27:
Quboid wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 22:17:
Source has evolved but the last few Source engine games I've played stick out due to their dated graphics and interface. It's a solid, fast, and reliable engine and some really good games such as The Stanley Parable use it to good effect, but it doesn't look as pretty or feel as modern as games like Crysis 3 - which isn't entirely a bad thing, Source's dated menu is a lot nicer than Crysis's nonsense.

Maybe it would be nicer if it was used in a big budget game but I can't remember the last time such a game used the Source engine. Perhaps that says it all.

Titanfall is using Source. They've said they will consider opening it up for modding... They should just put it on the Workshop and allow for custom maps and such, that will make it a big hit on PC.

If they were smart they would. I can see that being a big selling point for a lot of people.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 28, 2014, 08:23 Pigeon

Fantaz wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 01:51:
the NSA invented Angry Birds!

Anyone who beats the NSA's high score gets put on the terror watch list.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 27, 2014, 14:26 Pigeon

Beamer wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 11:00:
Nintendo handhelds are clearly a dying prospect, though. While they absolutely have the best games right now (that new Zelda looks incredible), if you walk through an airport you'll see 10 kids playing on a tablet or phone for each 1 kid playing a 3DS. Which makes sense - a parent can give a child their old device and put on a bunch of free or $0.99 games and be done with it, rather than the more expensive 3DS and quite expensive games.

And, while I'm sure plenty of adults play the 3DS, outside of Nintendo ads featuring 5 mixed-race mixed-gender 20 somethings in one room, I've never seen an adult play one.

Plus, many of those kids aren't gaming on their parents' device, but watching YouTube videos or cartoons.

Honestly, if I'm Nintendo I would consider making a Kindle. Google and Apple would never split profits, but Amazon would probably be willing to go 50/50 on app sales. You make the device run the forked version of Android and give it access to a decent store that, with Nintendo's help, will become a great kids store. But the device also runs its own cartridges, which is the only way to play Nintendo games. It'd be rough and durable, unlike most hand-me-downs kids get, and it would have the best functionality of both the 3DS and those hand-me-downs. And it'd still be great for adults.

Something to consider.

IMO all the console makers (and PC) need to take a hard look at their game pricing. $40 for handheld and $60 for console isn't going to be a successful model in the nearish future. I think handhelds are still a viable market though; a good design and fun games go a long way.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 27, 2014, 08:41 Pigeon

Julio wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 13:38:
Pankin wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 12:29:
Mr. fucking Macintosh? And you thought Clippy was annoying. What a terrible idea.

They should bring back Clippy for Windows 9

It looks like you're trying to open a program from the start menu, let me send you to metro.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2014, 15:29 Pigeon

Hoop wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 14:34:
Do you cork or screw where you are?

I generally wait till the second date and then let it be a surprise.

I mostly see synthetic corks when I buy wine. Don't think I've ever seen a screw top; maybe a few spigots for the boxed variety.

1226 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo