Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1201 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 21, 2014, 11:26 Pigeon

DOOoooOoOOOOoooooOOOoomed!!!

I'll be worried if they keep making missteps, but the Wii U alone isn't going to tank the company.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 20, 2014, 10:16 Pigeon

Unlike Cyan in regular printers that Hershey bar printer will never run out of the vomit taste cartridge.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2014, 09:01 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 23:02:
Creston wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 23:00:
Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 21:57:
Wtf was with Sherman's remarks at the end?

It looked like after the final interception he gave Crabtree a friendly pat on the ass to say "hey man, good game" or something like that, and Crabtree shoved him right in the face. So I'm guessing he was pissed at that.

Should be an interesting Superbowl.

Actually he did the choke motion. He is a turd and Manning is going to fuck him up.

I think the butt pat and face shove happened first, so that could have set Sherman off. Of course Sherman could have easily been talking shit during the butt pat as well. We'll probably never know.

It was a great game, but Kaepernick got greedy on a good drive and tried to throw it into the end-zone in tight coverage. Two time-outs and 40 seconds on the clock is an eternity in football.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 18, 2014, 13:52 Pigeon

Step 1: Buy a $50 PC from 1999
Step 2: Install
Step 3: Enjoy

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
26. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 13:13 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 11:02:
There are definitely games out there that are enjoyable from level 1 onwards. WoW is definitely NOT one of those games. I (un)subbed from Vanilla WoW ages ago after my n-th *insert creature here* pelt piece of quest...

They actually revamped a lot of the low level questing so there's a constant storyline thread. I found it more enjoyable than vanilla's leveling, but the vast majority of the population is at end game. You don't really get the 'mo' experience of an MMORPG until you've hit max level.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 17, 2014, 13:02 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 12:07:
Bastards charge us $2+ for a transaction and they can't keep their equipment updated. You know the fee's will go up when they a forced to upgrade as if our fee's paid for no upkeep whatsoever.

If only they called them additional profit fees, instead of service fees we wouldn't have the expectation that they actual maintain and update their machines.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 17, 2014, 12:57 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 11:55:
I one could stream HBO and ESPN al a carte, sell your cable/sat stocks now! That plus rabbit ears for local HD and optional Netflix, you'd be done.

Rabbit ears and Netflix is what I do. I've got better things to spend my money on than 200 channels of crap and commercials. When I had cable I noticed I only watched a handful of shows.

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 10:14:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 09:59:
Do you still need a cable provider and package to get HBO Go? Yes, then who cares. Start selling it as a separate service and you'll have my interest.

I subscribed to HBO just to see Season 3 of Game of Thrones on HBO Go. So I agree there is a huge untapped audience there. The channel goes for what, $16 per month? And, yes, I realize I can download a 50mb app that will allow me to watch Game of Thrones and loads of other pirated programs all free. But I don't pirate!

I think they could get away with charging $5 or maybe $8 a month for access to Go and people would be happy to pay it for a couple months. Or until they get caught up on Boardwalk Empire and Thrones.... maybe a couple other. They could ape Netflix with no problems. Win win as I see it.

I would certainly subscribe if they offered a standalone netflix like service. Game of Thrones sounds exactly like the kind of show I would like, but I'm sure as hell not going to pay for cable, and then additional cable packages to just to see one show.

1. Re: HBO Jan 17, 2014, 09:59 Pigeon

Do you still need a cable provider and package to get HBO Go? Yes, then who cares. Start selling it as a separate service and you'll have my interest.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2014, 22:24 Pigeon

StaticRandomNumber wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 19:58:
Sounds more like buying a car and then having to pay again to shift it out of first if you want to go to the grocery store.

Also known as road pricing.

Toll roads are an alternate service. There are already pay to use sites that promise a better experience than free sites. And much like toll roads they often fail to deliver on that promise

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2014, 15:49 Pigeon

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 13:26:
nin wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 13:02:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 12:54:
Does anyone else getting some problems when trying to access Blues?
I am not sure if the website was down this morning or was it my internet connection at work, but I couldn't access the site for about an hour today and pretty much most of the morning yesterday.

Bounced today and I'm pretty sure yesterday, too.

Pretty much everyday during certain time periods.

I've been getting that too. I think it was around 11am EST. but it seems to happen periodically through out the day.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2014, 13:52 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 13:26:
It's not charging twice, it's "premium". Much like coach, business, and first class seating on a plane. If you can afford it, good times, if not well fuck you peasant!

*sigh* I hate this classist shit.

But don't they already sell tiered internet access based on speed and data caps? So they want you to pay for a fast connection, and then they want you to pay to have a fast connection with say netflix?

Sounds more like buying a car and then having to pay again to shift it out of first if you want to go to the grocery store.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2014, 13:13 Pigeon

I'm not sure I 100% understand what the telecoms are trying to do. So basically you pay to have access to the internet and the amount of bandwidth you can use at a time, and so do the companies that host content. So now they want companies to pay so other people can access their sites faster? How is that not charging twice for the same thing?  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 16, 2014, 12:58 Pigeon

harlock wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 12:15:
i thought the LED was supposed to be a feedback device for games, like a health meter or something

Its not in a place where you can easily see it. It is essentially for the camera.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 16, 2014, 08:46 Pigeon

Rossafur wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 01:17:
Tom wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 19:29:
This is what happens when you set out to "prove" something and make zero effort to avoid or hide your bias. Pretty dumb. All it proves is how not to run a test.

^ This.
Seem to get a lot of that in the mainstream media...

Seems like a point well made. If you want more actual business traffic, staff your booth with professionals instead of clueless women dressed like sluts. I wouldn't be surprised if dressing like a slut is bad for business regardless of people skills. That's why I stopped coming to work in nothing but a banana hammock and a spray tan months ago.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
24. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 15:03 Pigeon

Acleacius wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 13:01:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:52:
He could have left and texted outside instead of deciding his own convenience overrode that of everyone else in the theater. Previews or not, he was being very inconsiderate of everyone who wasn't him. And by saying that I am not condoning what happened to him. Homicide is obviously not an appropriate response to someone who is being rude, nor is violence of any kind. Its sad so many people feel their indignation warrants lethal or violent responses.
Everyone?
/sociopathicly, everyone?
or
/sarcasm, everyone?

Yes text messaging during loud ass previews, so intense they encapsulate the majority of action, music and story elements, in two minute clips. Surely their 3 year old, had some loud ass punk music playing, which was bleeding over previews.

Inconsiderate, fatherless, 3 year old.

Everyone as in the people in the theater, who are there to watch a movie, which is the intended point of being in the theater. Whether or not you like the previews doesn't make it okay to start texting, talking, farting or whatever because you feel that part unimportant. You can text before you enter the theater, you leave and text, or you can decide you can go an hour and 45 minutes without using your phone.

Also no reason to go Mrs. Lovejoy on me. I'm not arguing that what happened wasn't tragic, or that he deserved it in anyway way, shape or form. But just because one guy went apeshit insane over it doesn't mean people who talk or text tin theaters can't be criticized.

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 11:52 Pigeon

Dagnamit wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:28:
NegaDeath wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:18:
InBlack wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 10:45:
Jesus Christ some of you guys are insensitive pricks. I agree with the sentiment that its rude to text and use your phone in the theatre but no one deserves to get shot and killed over it!

I don't see anyone saying they deserved it. Nor does anyone deserve to be on the receiving end of the rage of a mentally unbalanced person with access to firearms.

He certainly didn't deserve it. He was only texting during the previews, or so I've heard.

He could have left and texted outside instead of deciding his own convenience overrode that of everyone else in the theater. Previews or not, he was being very inconsiderate of everyone who wasn't him. And by saying that I am not condoning what happened to him. Homicide is obviously not an appropriate response to someone who is being rude, nor is violence of any kind. Its sad so many people feel their indignation warrants lethal or violent responses.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 10:00 Pigeon

You're only supposed to fantasize about shooting people who text in theaters, not actually do it.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2014, 08:38 Pigeon

Soverain President Katharine Wolanyk said, "We're obviously disappointed that the court denied our petition. It's a really tough time to be a patent owner."

Rotfl

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 13, 2014, 21:27 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 17:00:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 14:03:
Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 13:46:
I love lemon-lime Gatorade, but let's face it, kool-aid with salt is no big secret.

There's no salt in Gatorade, only electrolytes.

I'm guessing you were being sarcastic as salt is an electrolyte.

Yeah, but they would never call it salt or sodium since that's a bad word. Not that salt is bad, but given our already high salt diet, unless you're doing something where you're sweating profusely, water is probably the best option. Funnily enough most sodas have less salt and probably 30 or so more calories.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 13, 2014, 14:07 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 11:32:
Well the buyer has to have a brain and decide if they want one. Them making one doesn't force anyone to buy them.

I can see an extra-wide curved desktop monitor. To me that has some sense to it since you are so close, it would enhance FOV. Since in the Living Room, I'm far back that the curve wouldn't help FOV, I'd just have a curve for no good reason I can think of.

Its a ploy to get people to sit closer to the TV so the mind control rays from the commercials are more effective. Crazy

1201 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo