Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1231 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 22, 2014, 08:28 Pigeon

Well in HomeDepot's defense, it would have cost them money and been a slight inconvenience while they upgraded their system Rolleyes  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 19, 2014, 13:05 Pigeon

They may have stricter DRM for their online music services and you can easily rip a CD to just about any digital format you want. Frankly I prefer CDs too. The only positive to digital music is you can sometimes get studio quality tracks.  

General Discussion > NFL Week Three
3. No subject Sep 18, 2014, 13:13 Pigeon

And now the Cardinals have a running back on the naughty list. Wonder if this will keep going as people start digging.

Another week of uncertainty. Sucks for trying to make accurate picks, but great from a watching stand point.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2014, 08:56 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 02:57:
Well, duh. Comcast, Verizon, AT&T, etc. always have given more money to politicians than Google, MS, Yahoo, etc. Silicon Valley doesn't really play the game very well.

Well the latter tends to rely on innovation, good service and competitive pricing as a business model, while the former bribes their way to monopolies.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 17, 2014, 16:20 Pigeon

I think I know someone who's going to fail their medical ethics course. She's probably done for with Med school, and she'll undoubtedly be saddled with debt from loans and with a felony charge its going to be hard getting any sort of job, hope that iPad was worth it. dumbass...

I suppose she could always get an MBA and go work as a bank executive. Then she could legally steal from vulnerable populations.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 11:09 Pigeon

I used to use right mouse forward back in the QII days, but found I could aim better when I switched to WASD. I don't normally stray too much from the standard setup unless they've mapped one of the games extra functions to something that's hard to reach.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 13, 2014, 08:54 Pigeon

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 21:53:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 21:24:
Since most botters are AFK, I wonder if a random CAPTCHA test every couple of hours would solve the problem. Fail too many, or don't respond in time, and BAN HAMMER!

Wouldn't it be easy to do this? Just make it so that there is a start-game button (after card selection) in a random place on the screen and bots would be fucked. Time-out of 30 seconds

Captcha is no solution. Bots are better at reading captchas than humans are...

I think if you get a captcha right anymore you should be flagged as a bot.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 11:52 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:48:
PHJF wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:34:
Cooking from scratch can actually get stupid expensive. I've made relatively simple dishes that easily end up with a food cost rivaling the price of a meal at a restaurant. I use a simple salsa recipe (roma tomato, green onion, garlic, salt, lime juice, cilantro, hot sauce) that costs significantly more than simply buying a jar of Pace.

It depends on what you're making and the quantities. I can make plenty of meals for less than cost of restaurant food, I just have to make larger portions and freeze some. I also avoid eating absurd amounts of sodium this way. Of course some things will just always be cheaper store bought, I can't make a pizza cheaper store bought due to the price of cheese and meats I like on mine.

My problem is always grocery store produce leaves a lot to be desired, and farmer's markets are few and far between around here. Ideally I'd be able to grow my own produce for at least part of the season, but that's just not a reality. Best salsa I ever had was made from home grown tomatoes, onions and peppers.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 11:39 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:18:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:06:
The NFL is a joke of course, they clearly should have fired Ray Rice immediately. The real question should be, how did Ray Rice NOT go to prison in the first place? Nice work, police.

Probably because they saw the whole video. Unlike anyone else here I might add. Im not defending the guy here, but if his girlfriend was indeed being abusive on tape throwing (weak) punches, slaps and whatnot and the tape has all of that on there, a good fucking lawyer would have a field day with that. Its fucking cynical but it is what it is.

What I saw leading up to the elevator is he either leans in and says something to her or spits on her. She responds with a weak back handed swat as she is walking away that looks like it wouldn't have hurt an infant let alone an NFL RB. It's unclear as to who does what first inside the elevator, but it is clear who's response is a gross overreaction tot he situation.

My question is this, why is she culpable for his behavior and her's, and yet he's only partially responsible for his own behavior? 'He shouldn't of done it, but, he is an NFL player and someone was swinging at him.' Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that's what the argument I hear people making. Why isn't he responsible for driving her to that point but she's responsible for him punching her?

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
19. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 10:03 Pigeon

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 09:21:
When someone is offering to make you a billionaire, it's hard not to listen.

QFT

General Discussion > NFL Week One
3. No subject Sep 9, 2014, 09:51 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:03:
Romo was looking rough on the weekend

I can't stand the Seahawks but they looked damned impressive, the only thing stopping Marshawn Lynch is going to be an injury.

Bills did surprisingly okay even with that backup CB, they are always my worst picks.

Biggest disappointment last week was KC, felt like they weren't even on the field mentally.

I was sad to see the Saints lose too but it was a good game.

Seahawks are definitely the team to beat this year, followed by the Broncos (So close Colts)

The Bills are an upset team; they're generally bad, but seem to pull off wins against teams you wouldn't think possible. Cincinnati is kind of the same way, 'cept they tend to lose to teams they shouldn't.

It was good to see the Texans finally win a regular season game. The offense looked shaky, and the secondary outmatched like always, but that defensive line and special teams looked fantastic. Blocked extra point and a blocked punt for a TD. Sucks about Clowny, 4-6 weeks

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2014, 19:05 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 17:16:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 16:46:
*ugh* Not going to be a good first week for me in the picks.

Yeah, it's looking like the logical picks are not doing what they're supposed to be doing. Oh welp, any given Sunday, right?

First couple of regular season games are the hardest to predict for sure, but that's what makes it fun. Plus it gives teams like the Lions and Dolphins a chance to make everyone think they're going to have a great year, only to crap out 4 games into the season.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 5, 2014, 10:00 Pigeon

Yes, but that 1% has 'donated' 99% of the money sent to campaigns.  

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 21:59 Pigeon

Julio wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 20:49:
I like the quote in the FBI article about it being "long and hard work". I'm sure there was plenty of that...

I'm sure they're studying the crime intently. On an unrelated note, I understand they've just increased their Kleenex budget.

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
6. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 10:09 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 10:00:
Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:44:
They believe that marketing is more important than the product itself.

In a sentence, this is basically the biggest problem in gaming today.

It's the biggest problem with a lot of industries. Why bother creating a better product when all you have to do is convince people the product is better.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 3, 2014, 08:50 Pigeon

I wonder when they'll decide coming out with a new 'version' of firefox every 3 weeks is a little ridiculous. Perhaps when it's time for Fire Fox version 100 they'll call it Fire Fox II version 1

Also, youtube is just a cesspool for user comments, I'm actually surprised when I see a comment thread where people aren't trolling and actually holding conversation.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 3, 2014, 08:39 Pigeon

While I applaud his efforts in of giving up the phone zombie life, it might be time to reevaluate whether or not an iPhone is right for him come upgrade time.  

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
26. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 14:45 Pigeon

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:54:
4D-Boxing wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:50:
Pigeon wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:02:
Asking the internet not to make death threats and racial,homophobic or sexist slurs, is a bit of a tall order, but good luck.

Lol keyboard warriors would actually have to use logic to express their repressed angst..good luck with that. Why aim that at gamers, its a satiety/evolution issue. Hundreds of years after slavery and almost 50 years after MLKs assassination and society is still dealing with this issue. Give it another 200 years maybe at least if not more. (people that spread hate and intolerance do reproduce so it will take a very very long time.

Why aim at gamers?
Because this was done by game developers? Why would they aim it at something other than games?

Anyway, given how many people here have, in the past, claimed they would never use Xbox Live because it's just racist 14 year olds, I'm shocked at how many people are angry at someone posting an open letter saying you should "publicly stand against" racist 14 year olds.

Not that Xbox Live is really full of that anymore. It was when only 14 year olds used the service, but in the early days of the 360 they became the minority.

I think the general dislike of the petition is the perception it's just game developers and journalists whining about people being mean to them. As you pointed out it's likely due to the vague simplistic language of the petition. Maybe they did this to avoid the murky waters of trying to define what goes too far in criticism, or what constitutes harassment.

Personally I think they would have been better off just addressing threats of violence and racial/sexist/homophobic slurs. Those things contribute nothing to criticism, they are purely negative coercion. So while calling someone, a self-righteous moron, with their head planted in their ass, isn't the best way to express criticism, it at least addresses specific negative qualities; as opposed to demeaning someone for being a woman.

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
4. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 11:02 Pigeon

Asking the internet not to make death threats and racial,homophobic or sexist slurs, is a bit of a tall order, but good luck.  

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2014, 11:00 Pigeon

This sounds like something that's much more likely to irritate customers than anything else... oh wait, that's the definition of DRM.  

1231 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo