Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1138 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Festivus Metaverse
7. Re: Festivus Metaverse Dec 23, 2013, 13:39 Pigeon

Ratty wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 12:27:
Can you fast forward through the commercials? Comcast disabled that about a year ago for most of its on-demand TV offerings. So if I miss DVRing something I'll have to wait for a rerun or get it from Netflix when it comes to DVD. I wish there were an alternative to Comcast.

No. And it used to be smarter about how it handled commercials, if you had just watched a commercial and then skipped through some of the show, because you'd already seen that bit or it was the theme song whatever, it wouldn't show you another commercial. Now its like anytime you move the cursor it decides you should watch a commercial.

I will say commercial breaks are shorter in Hulu+, but they still suck, especially since they tend to be the same 2 or 3 over and over.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Festivus Metaverse
1. Re: Festivus Metaverse Dec 23, 2013, 11:41 Pigeon

If only it didn't still have commercials. Also I find the design for Smart TVs and streaming devices a bit wanting. Still they have pretty good content, specially for recent shows.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 22, 2013, 17:50 Pigeon

That's one fancy looking bathroom trashcan  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 22, 2013, 09:41 Pigeon

I know a lot of online retailers have been selling bundles only, many of which include a Vita. Gamers desperate for PS4s are buying them up regardless of whether they actually want the bundled stuff or not. I'm sure the connectivity is a boon to the increase in sales as well, I just wonder if the increase would be nearly as much if online retailers weren't doing bundle only sales.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 20, 2013, 11:51 Pigeon

Hobeaux wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 10:08:
actually, yes. I've read several articles over the years that the Mac hardware runs Windows better than many/most/all (depending on the year) PC hardware. There are a couple of options, such as VMWare or Parallels, so one could have Windows running in a VM inside the OS X—but Apple provides a solution called Boot Camp that allows a user to choose OS X or Windows at boot so you get the full native experience.

That said, it's not a guarantee that Windows will understand some of the hardware components, so YMMV.

There's a difference between Mac and PC hardware? The only thing I can see in the Mac Pro that isn't available for PC is the custom motherboard designed to fit in that artsy case.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2013, 09:52 Pigeon

That article inspired my brain to imagine a future where everything is made from fire ants : :-shudder-: :  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
21. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2013, 08:26 Pigeon

Dev wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 01:48:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 01:21:
Jeez I still have half the games I bought during the autumn sale untouched.
Dang! You are doing good then!

No kidding, I still have summer sale games sitting uninstalled. Clearly I need to exercise more discipline and sit down and install then finish those games. Not buying them is obviously not an option

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
24. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 14:36 Pigeon

Rigs wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 13:49:
Fuck me! Is it asking too much to get a semi-hi-fidelity space-combat sim set in the Star Wars universe around here?!? You know, back in the day, when the PC sim audience was about a TENTH of what it is now, try to guess what LucasArts was pushing out every year or so? Yup, that's right, a serious SPACE-COMBAT SIM set in the Star Wars universe and you wanna know somethin' else? IT FUCKING RULED! Literally! It was PC GAMER'S BEST PC GAME OF ALL TIME!

I have long given up on a worthy successor to TIE Fighter. My memories of playing that game are stored away in that part of my brain reserved for 'Awesome Fun You've Had'.

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
10. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 13:09 Pigeon

Attack Squadrons is a free-to-play online space combat game where players customize iconic Star Wars ships

Spinners for your TIE fighter only $1.99, upgrade your weapons from pointer laser to laser canon for $5.99!

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2013, 21:22 Pigeon

Wonder if all the sequels will take place on the same planet or if they'll find a new even better material called musthavium on the planet Leda. They'll reverse avatar some of the native inhabitants so they think they're human (they don't want a repeat of what happened on Pandora), who will brutalize the natives only to come to realize they've been manipulated by the evil corporation and they are actually the natives.

Damn this is good stuff, think Cameron needs my help with his script writing?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 16, 2013, 20:54 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 20:22:
I saw about a million PS4s while I was out and about today. If there's such a massive shortage why isn't Ebay going nuts right now?

Ebay has been about the only place that has had them, for a severe mark up of course. It appears large shipments were sent out nation wide this weekend so for now availability has been much higher. Maybe there's been a shortage because they've accidentally sent them all to your town. Some shipping clerk puts the decimal in the wrong place and suddenly Cuttersville is knee deep in PS4s

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 16, 2013, 11:51 Pigeon

CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 11:49:
Ozmodan wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 10:51:
As to Mr Tretton, the stores have plenty of PS4's from what I have seen, no shortage of supply in this area.
Interesting considering that I, literally, could not find one in our area as we were going to get one for our manager as an XMas gift. In fact, my wife who works in retail as a manager wasn't even able to get me one.

Best Buy online has bundles in stock right now.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 16, 2013, 11:50 Pigeon

nin wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 11:00:
Ozmodan wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 10:51:
Yeah Destiny will be history before the year is out. Bungie's group is not too bright.

As to Mr Tretton, the stores have plenty of PS4's from what I have seen, no shortage of supply in this area.

Your trolling is a riot. And sad.

I managed to get one early yesterday at my local ghetto Walmart. I understand a lot of stores got relatively large shipments in this week, no idea how long they'll last. So good luck to anyone still trying to find one at retail price.

News Comments > Ultra Street Fighter IV Trailer, Interview
5. Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV Trailer, Interview Dec 16, 2013, 09:05 Pigeon

I admit its been a looong time since I've played a fighting game, but its nice to see that combos have evolved into what looks like a 2000 hit automated process.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 13, 2013, 09:48 Pigeon

The pimps want their money  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 13:21 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 09:53:
Ugh cracked.com and their dumb lists.

Cruise may be a nutter but Oblivion was way better than it deserved to be with that weird script. At least he keeps doing interesting projects.

In a few days they'll have a list about how video games are the next biggest industry. To be fair all of the things they mentioned are reasons for some of the problems in the gaming world, they are certainly not THE problem or even always a problem. I think the emerging indy market and kickstarter funded games have the potential to change the market for the better, there's certainly not going to be a crash.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 12, 2013, 08:29 Pigeon

Possibly they just have a larger supply but Xbones are it stock in several places, while PS4s sellout in less than an hour anytime a place gets any.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2013, 10:31 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 09:53:
Its fucking ridiculous is what it is. And its only hurting the artists in the end. Fucking greedy douchebag record labels...

All they want is $1.99 from everyone who hears one of their songs, anytime they hear it, even a segment, of any of the songs under their respective labels. Is that too much to ask? I mean record label execs need to bathe in Dom Perignon artists need to eat too.

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 11, 2013, 09:11 Pigeon

Well it should be easier to port games to the PC with the newer generation as well, so i can see the 'need' to emulate being lower. Still interesting though, if they can indeed create emulators without much of an emulation performance hit (since consoles and PC are so alike now)I can see people wanting to run some of the games at higher FPS, or maybe able to apply some graphics enhancing stuff to the games.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Dec 11, 2013, 08:47 Pigeon

Ashley wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 22:54:
Granted it's just a short trailer so there may be a reasonable explanation why they would deliver a response team via a halo drop (note that they say some have not been trained for it, wtf).
I really believe that if they shot it in Japan and in Japanese with clumsily dubbed English, remixed the original soundtrack from the 60's and played it at midnight showings... it would cost less to make, make way more money and have legs for a long life of DVD sales and TV licensing.
Maybe my perspective is not indicative of the reality of the market but I would love that and so would my friends. As it stands, well, won't be paying to see this one.

Probably because its more exciting than guy who saunters into city to obtain Godzilla defeating objective X?

1138 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo