Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1295 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 14, 2014, 14:17 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 13:20:
Holy shit is that restaurant googling you back ever creepy. I just want professional staff who are knowledgeable about their job and their products. I could care less if the sommelier and I have an affinity for jazz. I'm not there to talk about jazz with him, I'm there to have dinner.

Welcome to Stalkers, I'd ask what you want to drink, but I already know heheheheh O_O

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 14, 2014, 09:26 Pigeon

Forget about all those other times baby, that was all in the past. I'm a changed telecom I swear!  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 11, 2014, 13:23 Pigeon

The company is apparently worried that they could annoy Comcast executives too much with an ongoing fight, resulting in them failing to even get the 3 million Time Warner Cable customers Comcast plans to divest as part of a merger condition.

Definitely nothing wrong with a system where customers have so little choice, they're used as bargaining chips between "competing" companies.'I'm going to buy the Ranch, but if you don't make a bid driving up the cost of the ranch I'll give you 300 head of cattle'

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: last of us trailer Apr 11, 2014, 12:58 Pigeon

13 seconds of actual game footage, on a minute and half long video :/ .  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 11, 2014, 08:36 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 19:49:
Shut up Google. All you clowns need to be reigned in too.

Well its okay for them to do it because they just want to sell all your info to anyone willing to pay for it. They would never do anything bad with it, or use the money they make selling your information to lobby for laws that would trample your rights as a citizen while allowing them to increase their profit margin.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 10, 2014, 08:38 Pigeon

PropheT wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 19:47:
nin wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 18:42:
Wow, harsh Infamous review...all I can say is I'm 3-4 hours in and having a blast.

Different strokes...

Yeah, I loved the whole thing. My only complaint was that it was too short (~15 hours at 100% completion with a good guy play through).

Harsh reviews are kind of his thing, when he really likes a game he doesn't have a lot to say

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 11:34 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 09:53:
I would say that what is worse is that corporations have the legal protection and are treated as 'persons' under law and yet repeatedly face very few consequences for breaking most said laws.

The mountain of hypocrisy that is building up in our modern society truly is astounding...

"A democracy cannot function effectively when its constituent members believe laws are being bought and sold."

That's a quote from Justice Stevens' dissenting opinion in the Citizen's United case. Seems to sum it up pretty well.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 8, 2014, 11:58 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:15:
Yeah, I'm sure that treadmill will sell like hotcakes. Lulz.

And I don't know about worst but for outright evil Monsanto wins that handily.

They both use pretty nasty tactics to get what they want, it's just Monsanto is doing it with one of the few things that are actually essential to life. It'll probably be Comcast since they more directly and visibly effect the internet voting denizens.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2014, 09:49 Pigeon

The FCC denied an appeal by Comcast, which argued that its practice of charging customers separately for a DTA (digital terminal adapter) a converter box that allows cable subscribers with older televisions to receive digital channels, which the company said would be provided at no charge is not subject to rate regulation, because it is a service fee. The ruling was issued on March 19.

Provided at no charge, but they're charging a service fee for it? Comcast and I apparently have very different views on what 'provided at no charge' means. Sounds like these things are a $1.99 service charge for each TV, per month. You should be able to buy one retail for about $20.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2014, 09:31 Pigeon

I was actually just wondering whatever happened to the Homestar Runner series yesterday. I only casually followed it, so I never noticed the years it was apparently missing. Very surprising to find out one day after I absentmindedly thought about it. I can only assume I HAVE MAGIC POWERS. Speaking of things I haven't heard about in a long time, I wonder whatever happened to that Firefly TV series, it was kind of good.........

nope not back on the air, damn

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2014, 14:09 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 13:25:
Eh, I thought he was asking if it could hurt someone if it just refracted without direct contact. Not sure why I thought that.

The laser just going into the cockpit is very distracting, and like you said, that's not what a pilot needs on takeoff/landing, especially not in a helicopter...

Right, and both Helicopters were emergency services vehicles. One a police copter and the other an emergency transport for a children's hospital (which had a patient in it at the time). The sentence seems harsh, but the perpetrator was already on probation so that may have factored into it as well. Basically he was having his fun at other people's expense and safety and then got caught. I don't feel bad for him.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
6. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 19:22 Pigeon

$50M goal: Sell to facebook for $2B

News Comments > Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG
8. Re: Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG Mar 31, 2014, 14:00 Pigeon

Atomic wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 13:01:
Creston wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 11:06:
It is a good idea, and I'm curious to see how it will work out. However, the cynic in me just thinks that this is nothing but a dev who wants to make cash off an MMO without having to spend time making actual content...

Wow, glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that.

That's a good possibility, their website certainly looks like it is waiting for someone else to add content.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 31, 2014, 09:44 Pigeon

BitWraith wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 09:13:
That 4k TV story seems a little upbeat - like it's a press release or something. I don't know anyone who's going to run out and buy a 4K TV... wreaks a little of 3d to me.

Big box stores like Best Buy can only hope 4k spurs a TV buying spree like the transition to flat screen. I think it stands a better chance of success than 3D, no goofy glasses and probably easier to deliver 4k content than 3D.

News Comments > Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG
1. Re: Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG Mar 31, 2014, 09:28 Pigeon

An interesting idea. Player run servers could be more specialized, so if you like PvE group based play, everything in game could be specifically tuned to that. Implementation will be everything of course, but at least the idea is good so far.  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 27, 2014, 11:39 Pigeon

CrimsonPaw wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 11:00:
nin wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 09:23:
The Last of Us is Coming to PlayStation 4

Please be true. And bring GTA5 with you!

This, and this, and this!! Since GTA is coming to the PC, I would be surprised if the DIDN'T bring it to the new consoles.

The good news for PS4 owners just keeps rolling in

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2014, 09:41 Pigeon

Pretty sure the Attila the Hun story is fake. The rest of the "news" on that site also seems pretty far fetched.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2014, 09:55 Pigeon

So they let their animals breed and create genetically sound offspring, and then kill the offspring because they're afraid of inbreeding?

Straede maintained that the lions had to be destroyed also partly to avoid inbreeding between the two young lions and their father.

Again, they killed the father, then why was there a "danger" of inbreeding? They seem so concerned about genetic integrity, but I don't know why since they don't seem to have a problem euthanizing healthy offspring. Something is very wrong there.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 09:44 Pigeon

Fry: My God, it's full of ads!

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 26, 2014, 09:39 Pigeon

nin wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 09:25:
Report: PS4 to get PS1/2 Backwards Compatibility.

Hope it's true! Sony's been on a roll lately...

Yeah it'll open up a huge, hopefully discounted, game catalog. Not gonna hold my breath, but I'll be pretty happy when/if it happens.

1295 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo