Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 965 (Graduate)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 11:57 Pigeon

Hehe, that was my first thought.
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 10:19:
If it's realism they're going for, then maybe only the losers should be tried for their crimes

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Beaver secretions... Oct 3, 2013, 10:00 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 09:53:
Im never eating naturally flavoured Vanilla ice-cream again....

Some mysteries are best left unsolved . Now any time I'm enjoying the scent or taste of a vanilla product, it's going to conjure up images of anal glands from flat tailed members of the rodentia order. Thanks Blue...

News Comments > EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters
9. Re: EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters Oct 3, 2013, 09:10 Pigeon

I always wondered why more MMO's didn't do this, or something like it, for long time players. When you're working on your 8th character you've pretty much experienced all there is to the whole leveling thing. I remember way back when guild wars first came out way back when for PvP you could choose a level max character and decent gear. That was great for folks who wanted to PvP and not be burdened with leveling through the PvE content.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 27, 2013, 18:07 Pigeon

Tattoo Guy: "Hey wearing an iPod on my arm would be cool, but how..?"

Other guy: "Yeah they sell wrist ban..."

Tattoo Guy: "OH RIVETS!! Rivets bolted into my arm that's how I'll do it. I'm a genius!"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2013, 13:14 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 11:02:
Verno wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 09:52:
Xbox One Fitness requires another subscription plan separate from Xbox Live Gold after the first year, hahahah seriously?! It would not be a Microsoft thing if they didn't nickle and dime you to death.

That is hilarious. I can't wait to see what the MS brainwashed have to say to defend that.

Paying a subscription fee so you have the privilege of paying another subscription fee, which will probably afford you the privilege of unlocking additional features through micro-transactions. The only thing that could add to the ridiculousness is if this whole thing started through Kick Starter.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2013, 13:57 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 13:49:
I've always maintained - and will continue to do so - that reproduction should be a state sanctioned event. In this regard I'm a totalitarian zealot.

Required to pass a non-sectarian morality and basic family economics exam. That'll be the day

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2013, 13:32 Pigeon

Sadly this clerk's observations will go ignored when the next mass shooting/killing occurs and the reactionary masses are looking to scape goat something rather than take a hard look at our culture.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2013, 18:03 Pigeon

I still can't view the site from work . Probably something to do with our network setup, but I'm not gonna ask IT to fix it hehe  

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 11:50 Pigeon

I've really not read about LBGT issue, so I don't understand all the nuances of what happened. The original rape comic was fine in my opinion, and the complaints about it were an overreaction. The problem is they continually chose to pour gas on the flames. Saying you're sorry you offended a group of people unintentionally and then continuing to dredge up the topic by doing things like merchandising the controversy sends some very conflicting messages about how sorry you were, how unintentional it was and/or misunderstood you were about the topic. They only have themselves to blame for how much this topic continues to flare up.  

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2013, 09:57 Pigeon

The first part of the article says a deputy and the second says deputies; consistency would be nice. Regardless, the Sheriff in question sounds like a grade A ass. And who was the knuckle dragging troglodyte of a lower court judge that deemed expressing a political opinion as not protected by free speech? The Sheriff's brother?

And people at work wonder why I'm so evasive when they ask me if I'm on facebook.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 18, 2013, 13:21 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 11:14:
24%? Well if true, it isn't surprising, it becomes an addiction. I remember when I downloaded a DVD Ripper years ago. I started ripping and making backups. Did that with VCR as well... I'd have these huge libraries and viewed maybe 1-2% of what I backed up. I finally saw the pattern and stopped it, was a waste of time and money.

Same for those that used to buy a shitload of DVD's before the crash. Times got tight, they stopped buying 4 DVD's each Tuesday to save and then realized they watch very little of what they even bought.

Perhaps sort of like Steam Sales....

Those pirates I bet a lot of them touch very little of what they download.

Before torrents there was something called hotwire, or something like that, and people would just trade pirated material like it was some commodities market. Essentially trading for sake of having it or so it could be used to trade for something they actually wanted. It was an odd system full of server tyrants.

More back on topic, I guess I'm always suspicious of paid for studies. It's not that I don't think piracy is a problem, it's more fearing that companies like NBC Universal will try to use inflated data to lobby for laws or standards that make getting shows and movies we want to watch, in a manner we want to watch, much harder to do legally.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 18, 2013, 10:47 Pigeon

'Infringing use of bittorent', I'd like to see what they call infringing use. Corporations, and most people tend to have very different views of what constitutes infringement.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2013, 13:20 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 12:41:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 11:42:
Voyager has left the solar system.... so how long until the Borg invade?

Well you jest but Stephen Hawking has a pretty compelling argument for not attempting any contact with other life outside of our galaxy. Basically that any civilization sufficiently developed to both parse it and then actually travel to us would be well beyond our capabilities and might covet our resources so it probably isn't a good idea to advertise. He also pointed out that the resources that go into it aren't exactly misspent but might be better allocated toward efforts to spread humanity to other planets as he believes it's the only way to ensure our long term survival.

Anyways I don't agree with everything he says but I do think that anything capable of sustaining life is probably so far away that efforts to reach it would take thousands of years with current technologies.

Hawking wrote that after a marathon of Independence Day, Signs, and V. Not that he doesn't make a valid argument, the take away point is we have no idea of the consequences of contacting another species, specifically one that would be capable to traversing the vast distances of space to get here. The best point he makes is that we should be more actively trying to colonize other planets, but that's long term thinking, and as a whole species we tend to have a fuckit, attitude when it comes to preparing for the long term.

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
30. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 12, 2013, 17:05 Pigeon

Quinn wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 16:33:
MattyC wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 14:22:
Quinn wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 12:43:
But it could've lasted for a whole while longer if they didn't go in the direction of fat-fuck pandas and beer elementals...

I am guessing you didn't actually play MoP. It was easily the best WoW expansion since TBC.

It all bottles down to opinions. Considering the statistics of today, I don't think I'm in the minority with how I felt about the expansion. Of course it also had allot to do with the simplification of the gameplay. And yes, I've played the expansion. Maybe the game got better further in but the pandas and beer elementals and rolling beer kegs failed to keep me hanging on.

Imo, the best WoW was a year or so after vanilla.. and then WotLK.

*sigh* this or that, gotta thank Blizz for the joy they gave me. Some ppl look back at their youth and think of crazy nights, great one-night-stands and an awesome real life social life. I look back at my (very late) youth with a content warm smile and see Karazhan, PvP at Zoram Strand, Dark Shore, Molton Core and great laughs with fantastic people all over Europe. <3

I don't think the expansion was bad per-say, I think I just got tired after 7ish years of playing. The move to further remove the player from build decisions and gearing didn't help. Sure cookie cutter builds were always pretty common, but instead of working to provide more viable balanced options they went in the opposite direction and made player build choices have very little effect on how the character would be played. Yeah it makes it easier to balance for both PvE and PvP, but IMO it makes it more boring.

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
6. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 12, 2013, 11:59 Pigeon

Game play just felt way too regimented. Set builds, set gear and set rotations, it gets boring.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 11, 2013, 09:09 Pigeon

Google has apologized for the snooping, which it says took place between 2008 and March 2010. It promised to stop collecting the data and said the practice, conducted in more than 30 countries, was inadvertent but not illegal.

How can you inadvertently collect wifi data? Unsecured or not I would think it would take some amount of purposeful effort to collect the data.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2013, 11:06 Pigeon

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:27:
Clear case of Tampa Bay losing the game, not the Jets winning it. However, in the end -- "look at the scoreboard."

Hitting a player who is stepping out of bounds when all the other team needs is a few yards to get into comfortable field goal range is always a good choice.

Speaking of giving games away, the giants and 6 turns-overs = cowboy's victory.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2013, 10:37 Pigeon

The only thing that's keeping me from being completely overcome by a wave of jealousy regarding that EMU cabinet is the positioning of the screen. It looks like you'd have to stand play it, or find some bar stools, neither of which sounds like a comfortable option. Still very cool though, and all those controllers mmmm.  

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
12. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 11:19 Pigeon

Malachii wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 10:55:
And no, I do not believe drops were "tuned" for AH.(prove me wrong.. PROOF , not conjecture or twisting words) We can get into the specifics of the item system being busted, but we've done that a million times already. Point is, the chances of an item dropping that beats what you have by the time you are para 100 is probably worse than lottery odds...So the AH fills this void nicely as well.
D2 players would buy/sell/trade all the time at this point, still not sure why the disdain? cause of the RMAH? If it was just gold would you all be LESS butthurt?

All you have is conjecture too. The only people that know for certain are Blizzard and Activision and some how I doubt they are going to release the details of all the planning that went into the game. We can still come to a reasonable explanation as to why things are the way they are based on their actions.

And assuming acti/bliz's cut from the RMAH was a reason behind the terrible drops, they wouldn't have as much of a reason to alter drops for a gold only AH. Frankly I wouldn't care if both of them disappeared.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2013, 14:18 Pigeon

nin wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 10:46:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 10:42:
Apple's DRM might not be a monopoly, but it's enough to keep me from giving them a single penny.

Hit the BatCutter Signal!

I've bought a few songs from them and had varying degrees of success using them on non-apple devices, or non-apple players. I %^&$(* hate iTunes UI and pretty much everything about it.

965 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo