Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1133 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2014, 11:37 Pigeon

Well EA was voted the worst company in the US. They're just trying to live up to the expectations and "improve" on their performance. Sounds like they need to watch out for comcast though. That's some pretty weaselly shit. 'Lets increase our hotspot coverage without spending a dime. In fact we'll have our customers unknowingly pay for it while compromising their data security '  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 19:21 Pigeon

HBO also confirmed that it indeed makes more money than Netflix despite the smaller ranks. HBO generated $4.89 billion in revenue last year to Netflix's $4.37 billion, and profit was much higher: $1.79 billion in operating income versus Netflix's $228.3 million in 2013.

So what they're trying to say is HBO is expensive and netflix is a good deal. Gottcha!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
28. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 14:32 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 14:14:
NegaDeath wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 13:47:
What star rating does a hotel with face melting sink water get?

Judging by the star rating of some of the most incredible shitholes I've stayed in, I'd say Sochi hotels rank a solid 3.5 stars out of 5.

This whole thread reminds me of An Idiot Abroad, with Karl Pilkington

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Requires 64-Bit OS
24. Re: Titanfall Beta Requires 64-Bit OS Feb 5, 2014, 08:52 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 02:32:
Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 01:32:
necrosis wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 00:29:
Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 21:17:
Not like I was going to bother with Titfall anyway but why not Vista 64 bit?
Because you deserve to be dragged into the street and stoned if your still running Vista.

Why should I go out and give MS another $100 when this OS works fine?

As I understand it, it turned out okay in the end, just that it took a couple years of patching to make it so.

Yeah Vista had a crap launch, but most of the issues were fixed within a year's time. I've not had a compelling reason to shell out another $100 to upgrade. Maybe by the time I ready to build a new system win 9 will be out and it won't suck.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 4, 2014, 10:09 Pigeon

The Superbowl was the first time I was aware of this movie's existence. I was deeply disappointed.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 16:19 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 14:54:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 14:13:
What an ass kicking, first play of the game says it all, Denver gave the game to Seattle... not to say Seattle didn't play great. Normally I would have hated the game seeing as it really was quite lame, but for the first time I can remember, I actually cared who won. Seahawks FTW!

I wouldn't say Denver gave the game away. I'd say the Seahawks took it. They caused those turnovers and took advantage of them. They had a plan, and they executed on it perfectly.

Hawks earned it for sure, they didn't miss an opportunity, and they created plenty of their own, but Denver was playing very sloppy too. That kickoff run back should have been down around the 15, they had the guys there, but apparently most of the Broncos forgot how to tackle. One of the Manning interceptions where he was hit causing the ball to go in a high slow arc, the intended receiver was just staring at the ball like he'd never seen one before, while the defender moved in and plucked the ball away. Thomas after actually catching the ball for a decent gain decides he's going to fight for another yard instead of securing the ball against a defense that's been going for the strip the whole game. Opening kick, the Punt returner decides to try and take out from the end zone when the kicking team is already at the 20. And of course the subsequent safety cause the center hiked the ball while Peyton was doing an audible. They played terrible, it was like watching the keystone cops at times.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 3, 2014, 13:36 Pigeon

“People have stopped using demos as the deciding factor of whether to buy a game or not. We know that games played across Yogscast move people to purchase.”

That should read, 'companies have stopped providing demos'.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 3, 2014, 12:57 Pigeon

My local FOX affiliate broadcasts in 720p, so yeah I'd say they have some catching up to do. I don't normally notice unless I'm close to the TV, but I could tell yesterday watching the Superbowl.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 08:56 Pigeon

Hoop wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 23:15:
Ouch thats gotta harsh the buzz in Colorado.
Did Seattle at least manage to keep it classy after the win?
Sherman did'nt dry hump every Broncos player & wave his Junk at them I hope.

Nope he landed wrong and injured his jawankle. Probably should have been pulling starters at that point, not even a good Manning could have come back by then. And there was nothing good about Manning or the reset of the Broncos for the entire game. I swear something was wrong with Peyton's arm, he was only throwing short passes, and the few he threw down the field were off. Certainly not the laser like precision I'm used to seeing from him.

The Hawks on the other hand were on. They capitalized on every mistake the Broncos made and gave no quarter. They played like a super bowl team should.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jan 31, 2014, 13:18 Pigeon

I expect most game reviews to be subjective, its the nature of the beast. You're asking someone to give their opinion of a game, you are obviously going to get their personal opinions and tastes reflected in that. IMO getting paid to say something isn't even a matter of objectivity or subjectivity as it isn't the person's view, they're just saying what they were told to say (or not). That's called being a shill.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 31, 2014, 09:29 Pigeon

When you run out its better that more beer comes to you than you going to more beer. The FAA is encouraging drunk driving, this is an outrage  

News Comments > EA Salt Lake Layoffs
11. Re: EA Salt Lake Layoffs Jan 31, 2014, 08:35 Pigeon

Isn't this standard practice for EA and other big developers? Finish a project or switch directions and its layoff time. Some get rehired for new projects and others with more replaceable skills get to work on their resumes.  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 30, 2014, 14:47 Pigeon

And Super Bowl commercials ruined the Super Bowl, so its all good.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 30, 2014, 09:53 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 09:42:
I'd rather they kept the Bluray drive and dropped Kinect.

No they can't drop the kinect, its part of the gaming experience.
Several games would be unplayable without it.
And you couldn't use the awesome TV voice commands.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed
13. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed Jan 30, 2014, 08:43 Pigeon

I'll wait on this for sure, but if they truly have better loot and the AH is no longer a near necessity I'll probably pick it up... eventually.  

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 29, 2014, 13:35 Pigeon

“Having been a part of several EA Ronku campaigns, I can tell you that at no point was I asked to lie or falsify my opinion of a game. EA is aware that asking people to do this is wrong and if you actually read the assignment documents that were leaked, EA never asks us to misinform people by only saying positive things about the game. I would love to disclose the actual campaigns to the public so you could see just how tame the requests were but I don’t have the authority to do so."

Someone needs to explain to these guys what a conflict of interest is, and why even accepting money for seemingly harmless requests compromises their objectivity. I have no doubt EA knows exactly what its doing/

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 29, 2014, 11:28 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 11:10:
Note that they're taking a pay cut for four months. This isn't some "we fucked up, we're going with half from now on."

For four months, he's taking $250,000 home every month instead of $500,000. Then it'll just go back to $500K.

(And similar for the others who are taking less. Yeah, I'm sure you're really gonna feel that $100K loss on your $500K salary.)

Still, better than getting a million dollar bonus for fucking up.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 29, 2014, 10:15 Pigeon

Wait what? Executives taking big pay cuts when they make bad decisions? THIS IS UNAMERICAN!! Oh wait they're not American, carry on then.  

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
11. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 09:50 Pigeon

So Titan is releasing on the Xbone, 360, and PC right? All windows based devices, so what are they going to blame when that turns out to be a buggy cluster fuck too? Maybe they'll admit they completely failed to do even a moderate job of testing because they were in such a hurry to push it out the door, because THE MONEY. Or they'll probably just find a way to blame the fans.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 29, 2014, 08:51 Pigeon

Raven wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 18:35:
Follow up to the Evans article: Kotaku

TLDR: Sometimes someone who thinks they are being "colorful" or "creative" is just being an asshole. There's a lot better Jew jokes out there.

Besides terrible games funded by Christian groups, how many games have characters that are readily identifiable as Christian, or any other religion for that matter (other than Jedi)? I'm going to hazard a guess and say, not many. Seems odd to complain there are barely any Jewish characters, when there are barely any religiously affiliated characters to begin with.

1133 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo