Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1190 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 17, 2014, 10:07 Pigeon

After the announcement that they would be bringing the power, Comcast explained major consumer electronic and appliance manufacturers should have to pay for consumer bought devices using electricity over their grid.

Comcast CEO Brian Roberts said companies like GE and Frigidaire are congesting the electrical grid as their air-conditioners, and refrigerators consume valuable electricity without the companies having to pay for it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 09:30 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 19:21:
Hoop wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 18:58:
Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 17:56:
Well they have to be careful about attacking all the right-wing Jesus freaks
That's funny you should mention that because it's the first reason to pop into my head. Is creationism that big of a problem in the states?

Oh hells yeah! Look at all those midwestern and southern states that not only promote creationism as official curriculum, but have banned or are working to ban teaching evolution. You don't see anything like this in any other first world country on the planet. It's far more akin to what you see in the Middle-Eastern theocracies. And that's exactly what they're trying to establish....Jesusland. In fact, go google Jesusland.

There are already articles out there attacking it's "Darwinist" agenda. So misguided, they really should be worrying about the Newtonist agenda.

I see the series as a science 101 course, which is sadly needed for the large majority of the country.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 17, 2014, 09:11 Pigeon

killer_roach wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 23:28:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 19:22:
"Veronica Mars" Film Backers Get Refunds.

...Aaaaaand that's the last time a movie property owned by a major studio gets kickstarted.

At the very least, not without asking more questions on how fulfillment will occur, and even then it might be difficult for the majors that don't have experience with smaller sorts of productions (i.e. I could see more trust for a project handled by Sony Pictures Classics or Fox Searchlight than, say, Warner Brothers or Disney).

Show creator and film director Rob Thomas says in an update that while they hoped to arrange options that would include more VOD services, ultimately "it just wasn't possible" which left Flixster as the best option.

Because the MPAA loves the customers' money, but hates the actual customers. Or I suppose in this case investors. If they failed to live up to their promises to a more traditional investor rather than a bunch crowd-funders, you can bet the investor's lawyers would be going after a whole lot more than a simple refund.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
16. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 17, 2014, 08:51 Pigeon

The 'issues' survey article would be more useful if it also gave the percent of people not reporting issues. 35% out of 50 that report a problem isn't nearly as telling as 35% out of 200,000.

SO far the only issues I've had with my PS4 was an update getting stuck, but not freezing the whole system, and a sticky R1, which is apparently pretty common but easily fixed.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
10. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 16, 2014, 18:46 Pigeon

It's shady, but this kind of thing happens a lot. Maybe its just more glaring in this instance. I think they'll only be in trouble if they labeled something as an official PS3 or 360 screen shot when it was from the PC or something from the in development phase.  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 14, 2014, 13:15 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 11:22:
Go Go Google Fiber, Go!

They need to go go down 290 faster. I'm looking to move soon, and so far Comcast looks like its going to be my only option for internet. I hate Comcast

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode "Almost There"
2. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Mar 14, 2014, 09:20 Pigeon

Just over 1 year and they release the feature they should have never even contemplated not having.

I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in some artificial restrictions in offline mode. 'You can't build trains cause um, they need the power of the internet to run O_O'

News Comments > PopCap Layoffs
18. Re: PopCap Layoffs Mar 14, 2014, 08:35 Pigeon

Isn't this standard for EA? After any game releases they layoff a good portion of the staff, because god forbid they pay their people a few weeks till they start the next project.

Well typical for the gaming industry in general.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 13, 2014, 14:01 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 11:30:
Damn, buddy... It's just a game, or if you want to get technical about it, just a job. No need to kill yourself over it...
Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 13:15:
Talk about having your priorities bass-ackward. I would have tracked down the manager scumbag and killed him instead.

There article does mention there were other personal problems, though nothing specific. Probably felt everything in his life had gone to shit, and felt this was his best option.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2014, 10:10 Pigeon

Mental illness day for the news stories, $40 per phone, apple is loco in the coco. Also the story about the teen killing his grandmother over DOTA was pretty terrible too.  

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
8. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 10:03 Pigeon

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:41:
How can cheating can be fun for anyone?
The cheater just cheats himself into thinking he is a good player but he actually sucks balls, while ruining the game for others.
Does ruining the game for others brings joy and happiness to the cheater?

Isn't it boring to just mow down players one after another without actually playing the game properly? The cheater just ruin the whole fun of the game for himself. No suspense, no adrenalin rush, no satisfaction. I don't get it.

I can understand people doing it as novelty, but if that were the case you'd rarely see it happen. Maybe they're just terrible human-beings that can only get their jollies ruining everyone else fun, and/or so completely insecure they have to be the best through any-means possible. There are a lot of fucked up people in the world, whose behavior I find completely alien to my own perceptions.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 13, 2014, 09:47 Pigeon

Just over $8 a month, that's still not bad if you do a lot of ordering with them.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 13, 2014, 09:39 Pigeon

Wow, that's terrible, hope the guy gets some mental health help in addition to mending his broken body.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 13, 2014, 09:25 Pigeon

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:13:
nin wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:06:
Xbox Achievement hunter finally hits a million Gamerscore.

Was his reward a case of Mt Dew?

and a bag of Doritos

He's going to need a 25% off coupon for his next bypass surgery.

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
3. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 09:16 Pigeon

That didn't take long. At least they're acknowledging it.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 13, 2014, 08:49 Pigeon

'Apple's iOS 7.1 throws up in-app purchase warnings'

Throws up in app purchase? Couldn't they have used a better choice of words? Or maybe its an editorial commentary on apple products.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs
5. Re: Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs Mar 12, 2014, 11:10 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 10:41:
Yeah, geez. My quad core is 3.2ghz and I'm only 4 gigs of ram. time for the mobo/ram/cpu upgrade I suppose.

I'm still running a Core 2 E8400. This has probably been the longest I've gone without a major upgrade or rebuild; still running Vista64 too. Probably because I have had no hardware issues, and software/OS problems have been few, far between and easily fixed. I've really not had any problem with the games I play either. Maybe turning down a few options, but nothing overly noticeable. And yes I realize I have just cursed myself by saying that . I've been seeing a lot of min-specs my setup would have some trouble meeting so I imagine I'll be building a new box within the year. Still working on my steam backlog though, so maybe longer than that hehe.

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
57. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 08:39 Pigeon

Stolk wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 02:19:
Simon Says wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 20:14:
That's total bullshit, winamp decodes AAC, FLAC and MP3 at less than 1% on one core, and that's on an old midrange cpu ( core i5 750 ) at a throttled down speed ( around 1.4ghz ).

And yes I know thats only "1 channel", but still.

So why couldn't their game do the same?

You can't handle the truth son! They don't want you to know it's not the audio, but you are exposing them! Keep up the fight! If the people find out it's something other than audio, and we know their lies, down with Respawn!

I'm sure there's a 28GB NSA.bat file hiding in there somewhere.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 11, 2014, 20:47 Pigeon

given HBO Go on Roku will work if you have Comcast broadband -- but get HBO from another pay TV provider like Dish.

I just don't even....
I'm becoming increasingly convinced that this is not parody, but what actually happens: http://youtu.be/utGqpT-riZc

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 14:27 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 14:16:
There is the beginnings of a huge water problem in the USA, but domestic use is a tiny slice of the pie. Most Americans are inculcated with the water conservation basics as children, so not a lot of savings to be made with efforts there. Thermoelectric generation and farming irrigation are by far the largest users of water, so efficiencies there could pay huge dividends. Still, I am annoyed at laws like forcing people to maintain a lawn in low-water regions of the country. And the fact that a lot of irrigation water comes from the ever diminshing Ogallala Aquifer is disconcerting to say the least, especially with the flood/drought cycle exacerbated by global warming.

Grass lawns are nice, but a bitch to maintain in areas prone to drought and long very hot summers. Its one of those ideas we've imported from England that isn't very practical in large parts of our country.

1190 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo