Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1169 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
7. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 10:22 Pigeon

I did some paragon leveling this weekend and was really enjoying the game. Got a few legendary drops, one of which was a nice pair of burning boots, and crafted (dropped pattern) an awesome set wand for my wizard. Probably need to work on my wizard's build some though. I can do massive burst damage, but I run out of mana fast and have to real watch my cooldowns.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: FFXIV Mar 24, 2014, 08:45 Pigeon

"8 years of XI left us unable to... Break free from our fixation on graphics quality"

Uh-huh Rolleyes

I think it could have been summed up with one slide, we did a shit job.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 23, 2014, 18:32 Pigeon

Prez wrote on Mar 23, 2014, 18:16:
If Netflix Hates ISP Troll Tolls So Much, Why Are They Paying?

Because if they don't they can effectively be put out of business.

^This. Netflix still has to keep their customers happy. Whether or not the degradation of service is their fault Netflix is the one that will get blamed by the large majority of customers and it will be their service that runs like crap while other services run fine.

Whatever other objectives Netflix might have, retaining their customers (i.e. income) is top.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week
11. Re: EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week Mar 22, 2014, 19:15 Pigeon

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 18:27:
Stimpack wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 16:53:
So do you get any kind of alpha/beta access to the regular game, or is this all entirely just Landmark?

It's entirely just Landmark. I dropped a $20 for the Closed Beta. It sounds really interesting, but like Cutter I wish they had not went with the 'stylized' graphics. EQ II graphics are still damn nice for it's age.

Probably hoping for longevity as far as looks go. Realistic tends to look dated faster. I think cause people are more accepting that a stylized look is how it is supposed to look. Wow has been going for 10 years, and while it looks dated, it doesn't look 10 years dated.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 21, 2014, 10:37 Pigeon

nin wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 10:30:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 10:11:
Well I don't really understand the twitch thing either, but I guess its like facebook for gamers.

Apparently there was a grown man in a diaper on the other night. Someone posted pics on r/ps4... <shudder>

I'll just stick with watching game streaming.

eww

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 21, 2014, 10:15 Pigeon

"The Open Internet rules never were designed to deal with peering and Internet interconnection," Mr. Cohen said. "Providers like Netflix have always paid for their interconnection," he said, adding that he believes Comcast has shown a strong commitment to net neutrality.

Except for that time they were found guilty of violating net-neutrality by the FCC.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 21, 2014, 10:11 Pigeon

Well I don't really understand the twitch thing either, but I guess its like facebook for gamers.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2014, 09:46 Pigeon

Comcast is not allowed to block or discriminate against Web traffic as a result of conditions on its acquisition of NBCUniversal, but Franken noted that "Comcast’s net neutrality obligations expire in January 2018, which raises the question of what happens after that time."

Something I'm sure Comcast is hoping people quietly forget by the time 2018 rolls around.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 19, 2014, 19:49 Pigeon

It really was Auction House the Game for these guys.

Also QFT:
The auction house’s clunky interface didn’t help players looking to buy items for personal use, according to Antoni, but it did unwittingly help the item traders. “The problem with the auction house was the interface,” he said. “The nature of Diablo III is that of a ridiculous number of worthless items and a small percentage of valuable ones. People couldn’t use the auction house properly to find the really good items.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 19, 2014, 19:32 Pigeon

Hopefully they'll also improve the way the share button works, as it can be a bit of a bother capturing the footage you want. The editing feature and send to usb bit will be nice though.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
26. Re: etc., etc. Mar 19, 2014, 09:01 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 01:42:
Honestly, I think EA's probably got it in the bag again, though maybe people are pissed enough at Comcast over this retarded merger with TWC.

Really, though, Monsanto should win this hands down. How is everyone with the title director or higher from that piece of shit fuckhole not in JAIL?

EA sucks, and they've ruined more than their fair share of beloved titles, but Comcast is in a much stronger position to effect actual (negative) change, and since they have little competition in many areas people are stuck with them. EA despite being one of the dominate publishers, still has a lot of competition and they can't lock their competition out of specific regions.

Monsanto has ascended to a whole other plane of evil, I'm surprised they weren't a plot point in Deus Ex, except that they would have sued, or sent GM Man-Eating Plants to kill everyone in the development team, and then sued families' of the dead because the corpses were seeded by the GM Man-Eating Plants.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: 5c Mar 18, 2014, 16:46 Pigeon

Only $710, what a steal!

EDIT: Apparently an unlocked no contract 16gb one in the US is $550. Still too expensive, but dang Brits are paying a premium.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2014, 17:06.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 18, 2014, 11:15 Pigeon

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 10:02:
"Stability update" - that's not overly exciting...

That article was pretty useless. The only part that had to do with the topic was the first sentence.

News Comments > Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall
2. Re: Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall Mar 18, 2014, 10:11 Pigeon

I've actually just gotten to playing Human revolution and really enjoying it. I picked it up in a summer sale probably two years ago, started playing it and something frustrated me and I stopped, but I have no clue what that could have been since I'm having a grand ole time with it now.

I know its a port from a mobile game, but I hope it's fun.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 18, 2014, 08:59 Pigeon

Imagine how many customers they'd lose if they didn't have near monopolies in many areas. Its pretty bad when a good part of your customer base only has two options, us or nothing, and they choose nothing.  

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 17, 2014, 16:48 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 16:20:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 14:36:
Another electronics accessory they'll want you to upgrade every 9 months. I've still got my Timex Ironman watch I got in 1991. Some how I don't think iWatches are going to have a 23 year life span. Also, most of those concepts look hideous.

but that invisible strap is an interesting idea. Please don’t let it be plastic.

So glass? Water held in place by a iForce-field, transparent aluminum maybe?

okay they probably mean rubber, but I like my ideas better.

I had an Ironman watch which I used training for a marathon. The strap broke after a couple of years. It was custom to the watch, and they didn't sell replacements. So, I've sworn off Ironman watches. I probably still have it around somewhere. I really liked it.

Odd it had a custom strap, they do tend to wear out after awhile. That's kind of a dick move on their part, don't blame you for not buying another. Mine has been through several straps, but they're easily found at any big store like walmart or target.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 17, 2014, 14:36 Pigeon

Another electronics accessory they'll want you to upgrade every 9 months. I've still got my Timex Ironman watch I got in 1991. Some how I don't think iWatches are going to have a 23 year life span. Also, most of those concepts look hideous.

but that invisible strap is an interesting idea. Please don’t let it be plastic.

So glass? Water held in place by a iForce-field, transparent aluminum maybe?

okay they probably mean rubber, but I like my ideas better.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 17, 2014, 14:22 Pigeon

The release of Titanfall boosted Xbox One sales by a whopping 96 per cent in the UK compared to the console's sales the previous week.

So instead of the 50 units they sold last week they've sold 98 this week

Its really not that shocking given this was supposed to be THE xbone game to get. Actually I'd imagine that's a bit disappointing for Microsoft assuming their sales for a week where they didn't have a big game launching were lackluster.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 10:22 Pigeon

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 10:13:
Odd, I remember there being a drought in Brazil a decade ago. The price of coffee jumped by 25% and never went back down when there was a glut of beans on the market.

That's usually how it works prices tend to go up fast, but down slowly. Gas is a prime example, the price can go up 20 cents in a weeks time because the president scratched his butt wrong, but it'll take months for that price to go back down despite plenty of supply and dropping oil prices.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 17, 2014, 10:07 Pigeon

After the announcement that they would be bringing the power, Comcast explained major consumer electronic and appliance manufacturers should have to pay for consumer bought devices using electricity over their grid.

Comcast CEO Brian Roberts said companies like GE and Frigidaire are congesting the electrical grid as their air-conditioners, and refrigerators consume valuable electricity without the companies having to pay for it.

1169 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo