Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1273 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2014, 17:29 Pigeon

According to his followers, based in the Punjab city of Jalandhar, he simply went into a deep Samadhi or meditation and they have frozen his body to preserve it for when he wakes from it.

His body is currently contained in a commercial freezer at their Ashram.

Well if he wasn't dead before, he's certainly dead now that they've frozen his body. Also ignoring all the other reasons this is bat shit crazy, how is he supposed to wake up if he's frozen?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
1. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 1, 2014, 17:20 Pigeon

Been contemplating this one, but $60 for a subscription based game is a bit much IMO.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2014, 12:14 Pigeon

We've got a neighbor who's tree is completely leaning against our fence, it's already popped out a board and its pushing the entirety of the fence; they refuse to do anything about it. While it's not come even close to calling the police, I can understand how annoying things can be.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 09:13 Pigeon

He can hire Bobby Knight and they can both throw chairs on the sidelines.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 29, 2014, 22:42 Pigeon

I didn't think $10 a month was such a great deal for 5Mbps until I saw that their 6Mbps plan is $50 a month

Yeah you can get faster plans for less in their specials, but if your in a place where its only Comcast good luck trying to convince them you're going to drop them if they don't give you a good deal once that time period is up.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 29, 2014, 09:38 Pigeon

My favorite comment from that article:
Apple's headphones may well be made to "see if the sound works"... but Beats' headphones are "made to see if the sound can be obscured with excessive bass and treble".

News Comments > World of Speed Trailer
2. Re: World of Speed Trailer May 28, 2014, 16:44 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on May 28, 2014, 13:33:
One thing all these car games need to do is tone down the reflections. They're really distracting and annoying.

Are you trying to suggest that not every puddle of water or slightly metallic surface has a mirror finish on it?

This comment was edited on May 28, 2014, 17:03.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 09:49 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on May 28, 2014, 09:41:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 28, 2014, 09:04:
March 35th?

Yeah, kind of a dead giveaway. Still there will BE BELIEVERS anyway who will insist on men in black, government censorship and all that other bullshit got the story pulled, and yet somehow ignore the glaring fucking error in the headline...

Scientists have proved in the future March will have 35 days. Due to America's ballooning obesity problem Earth's orbit around the Sun will slow as the planet becomes as inactive and lethargic as we are.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 09:21 Pigeon

I'm sure nobody is more disappointed they posted a false report than CNN. I mean come on, a fear based story they could milk for the next 25+ years, that's 24 hour news network gold.

EDIT: spelling

This comment was edited on May 28, 2014, 09:31.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 27, 2014, 21:56 Pigeon

“One question might be this: are these disputes just business negotiations that can be resolved adequately in the marketplace? Or are they a warning sign of a breakdown of a functioning marketplace of interconnection and traffic exchange on the Internet? We at the FCC don't know the answer, but we know we need to learn more about how the marketplace is or is not functioning.”

Customers pay ISPs to provide internet service so they can access internet content (they or someone is paying for), and the ISPs want content providers to pay the ISPs for access to their customers. Nothing broken with that at all; I mean its okay to double dip a chip if it's not the end you bit first right?

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. May 27, 2014, 14:26 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:37:
“There was no note or indication he was feeling down or distressed."

From what I understand, that's actually quite common with people who commit suicide. They actually perk up once they make the decision, since there is light at the end of the tunnel.

There's that, and they often don't want to be a burden on other people, or don't think they are worthy of others' concerns.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 27, 2014, 11:39 Pigeon

Well, it destroys my card :/  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 27, 2014, 09:52 Pigeon

I understand it takes Call of Duty awhile to metabolize through the body's system. They should be able to figure out just how much Call of Duty he had, and how long it took to make him kill himself for no reason.

On a serious note, just because someone can laugh or appears outwardly cheerful, doesn't mean they aren't depressed.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale May 27, 2014, 09:11 Pigeon

Jivaro wrote on May 26, 2014, 16:26:
Dust is a cool little game. Most of us already have a backlog, but I think it's worth putting in the "someday" stack if you haven't already played it.

I really enjoyed it. Certainly worth playing, specially is you like old school style-like platformers. Kinda cool one guy did most of the work creating it.

News Comments > Memorial Consolidation
13. Re: Memorial Consolidation May 27, 2014, 09:00 Pigeon

NKD wrote on May 26, 2014, 21:12:
jdreyer wrote on May 26, 2014, 16:51:
NKD wrote on May 26, 2014, 14:12:
Remasters of PS3/Xbox360 era games? That would be a colossal waste of time and money.

Really? On the PC, I would love to play some modern remakes of some of my favorite classic games: Homeworld (which is coming out soon), Xwing & Tie Fighter, Dungeon Keeper, I-76 (pure remake OR sequel), System Shock 2 (although still pretty playable with mods), Undying, and a bunch of others.

And I know that I'm not the only one who thinks that way looking at the fan made remakes that are either finished or in progress: remake of the original Half Life: Black Mesa, remake of Morrowind: Skywind, and remake of C&C Renegade: Renegade X.

I'm not against HD remakes in general. And the titles you list are 10, 15, 20 years old. For example, The Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster was phenomenal and actually brought the complete versions of the games to the US market. But remaking some shit that came out 2 years ago? Come on now.

I'd still kill for a good remake of FF6(3US). But as many have pointed out most of the games on that list are from last gen so I doubt we'll see (m)any of those get remakes. I highly suspect they intended a Last of Us PS4 release before they released for the PS3, they just denied it because they didn't want sales to suffer.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 25, 2014, 12:19 Pigeon

SpectralMeat wrote on May 25, 2014, 12:08:
Wow that sucks about TB and he is only 30!

Yeah, at least it sounds like the prognosis is good though.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization May 24, 2014, 11:57 Pigeon

So basically these things are for people who are too lazy to pull their phone out of their pockets so they can see if they need to pull their phones out of their pockets?  

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2014, 14:12 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on May 23, 2014, 13:41:
Verno wrote on May 23, 2014, 12:48:
Have fun waving at moose while you lament the Maple Leafs and apologize way too often. Canada, dontchayaknow eh?

Dat maple syrup though!

We run from meese. Most of us hate the Maple Laffs. I'm sorry, but we don't apologize way too often. And Vermont maple syrup is better than K-bec maple syrup.

Speaking of which, I only recently learned that the reason maple syrup is so goddamned expensive is that the producers are engaged in criminal collusion. That's right, they actually hoarde the stuff and dole it out in limited amounts like diamonds in order to inflate the value. They actually have a maple syrup reserve of several million gallons. And somehow this is legal. It boggles the mind.

Dig it.

Maple syrup worth up to $30M stolen in Quebec

The warehouse, in St-Louis-de-Blandford, 160 kilometres northeast of Montreal, held about 3.4 million litres of bulk maple syrup and is part of a global strategic reserve of the sticky liquid.

Global strategic reserve? Yeah, because in time of war or natural crisis the people NEED maple syrup!

You say that now, but if terrorists ever attacked our maple trees there would be chaos. What do you think people will do when they have nothing to put on their pancakes? Riot that's what!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 22, 2014, 17:19 Pigeon

He sure showed them....  

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 13:44 Pigeon

Beamer wrote on May 22, 2014, 13:23:
I'm going to bow out, as no one really cares what I have to say, I'll just continue to point out how weird I find it that people get so defensive when an improvement is brought up that involves something not exactly what they are.

Just ask yourselves if something is an improvement. You don't need to be defensive. Just ask yourself if things can be improved. If yes, why do you get so angry when people suggest these improvements?

No where in the original two comments did we say Nintendo shouldn't make characters of more diverse skin pigmentation. We were pointing out that it was our own racial and culture background that makes us assume these characters are white.

I'm all for more diversity in games, so long as its done tastefully and not some shoe-horned stereo type. Does Nintendo have a diversity problem? I guess, but then they have more Koopas than actual humans. They've essentially been reusing the same characters/IPs since the 1980s. Their inability to create new ideas and characters seems a lot more endemic than their failure to create diversity amongst the cast.

1273 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo