Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 974 (Graduate)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 9, 2013, 08:43 Pigeon

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 02:26:
$1000 is a lot to blow for making some people mad for a few days.

Like, I can think of a lot better ways that money could have been spent.

I’m one of these ‘selfish bastards with a lot of money’

That's all you need to know. That and it sounds like he was trying to force Bethesda to announce Fallout 4. How exactly that was supposed to be accomplished I don't know.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII Dec 5, 2013, 22:50 Pigeon

They need to hurry up and do a re-release of FFVI like they did with the DS version of FFIV. Or better yet update it to PS4 and Xbone capabilities. Kefka's crazy ass blowin up the world because FUCK YOU in 1080p would be glorious.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2013, 16:11 Pigeon

I've just been using broadcast TV for the last 5-6 years. Even after eliminating the Spanish and Asian language channels, and the religious ones, there are 25+ channels to choose from. Most of it is crap, but its free crap as opposed to paying $80 a month for crap.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2013, 14:58 Pigeon

I've avoided most digital music purchases precisely because of DRM, or other limiting factors. If I buy a CD its easy for me to rip it into whatever format I want so I can listen to it on whatever device I want, however many times. I'm sure there are good DRM free services out there, but I've never been bothered enough to research it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 2, 2013, 14:16 Pigeon

Top searches by category. I'm sure they have no want to show what the actual top searches were.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Peggle 2 gets release date and price for Xbox One. Dec 2, 2013, 10:08 Pigeon

Finally, Xbone owners having something to look forward to.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 Pigeon

What could go wrong with someone printing off hundreds of cheap untraceable, unregistered guns? Maybe the technology isn't there yet to make this a viable way of producing guns, but 3D printers will get cheaper and better. The article mentions the existence of homemade bombs as though the existence of one illegal thing somehow means printing guns should be okay.

That said,I can see printed guns actually being a boon for gun control. Serial numbers, etc could be easily embedded within the gun during the printing process. This would make it harder/impossible to remove/change the identification without destroying the gun, thus making it easier to identify stolen weapons.

News Comments > On Sale
26. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 20:25 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:59:
nin wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:44:
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:14:
Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:19:
SKYRIM CANNOT BE STOPPED! Apparently it doesn't matter what the sale price actually is, it'll just be #1.

I finally bought it yesterday and the first thing I proceeded to do was tango with a bear in a cave.

My first two experiences with bears in Skyrim:

1.: A bear? Well fuck you, I'm a wizard! Wait, shit, hold on, fuck! <dies>

2: BEAR!!!! RUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Mine was similar....sword and board in hand....lokoing around in a forest. Hear a huge ROAR - turn around and it is right on top of me. F U BEAR I AM WARRIOR!

Thump.....body drops and slides down a shallow grade..... hahahahahah now I RUN~!

First time I saw a bear I sneaked up on it and hit it with an arrow... that was a mistake.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2013, 09:39 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 08:55:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 08:47:
My mom has one of those birds, I think evil is just part of the species' traits. That and they live forever, I'm worried it'll out live my parents and then I'll be stuck with it

Most african parrots Ive seen are usually very friendly. Unless they have been mistreated or are left alone for long periods of time. I think your mom's parrot probably just doesnt like you.

It most certainly doesn't like me, or at least sees me as a lowly member of the flock. I think the breeder we got her from was very rough with her when she was young, at least from our observations. We're fairly certain that's where her distrustful nature came from and some of her other less endearing qualities.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2013, 08:47 Pigeon

My mom has one of those birds, I think evil is just part of the species' traits. That and they live forever, I'm worried it'll out live my parents and then I'll be stuck with it  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 08:27 Pigeon

Simon Says wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 07:37:
LOLL, the chip from AMD for the Xbone costs more than the PS4's, for less power...

Stupid MS. That's priceless! XD

Hey! All that cloud magic costs money!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2013, 11:53 Pigeon

I've lived in East Texas, the Good Ole Boy system is firmly in place there. All a patent troll has to do is hire one of the good ole boy lawyers and they're set. The biggest problem is a law that allows for plaintiffs to shop around for the most favorable court. It gives these people's corrupt life views justification.  

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 09:19 Pigeon

nin wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 09:00:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 08:52:
nin wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 21:26:
The Average Price of a PS4 Sold on eBay is $425. So Far.

Good - fuck those scalpers!

And hey - MS fucking peoples accounts already, not even a week in! Kudos!

It bothers me when I hear about people paying $900 for something they can get for $400 if they just waited a few weeks. Maybe I'm just jealous because I don't have that much money to waste on my impatience, or maybe I'm just bothered by stupid people. Who knows

There's always part of me that considering buying an extra and flipping it (or flipping the one I buy for myself). But I think ultimately, I'd feel bad, even though it's their own fault they're willing to pay so much (I don't like the idea of scamming people).

Well, that and the fear that no matter what I chose to flip, that would somehow end up being the one that ends up in stock everywhere...

I don't see it being so bad in a situation like with PS4s where there is a large supply of them and more continue to be made. Limited venues where the scalpers can buy up most of the tickets is another matter.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 08:52 Pigeon

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 21:26:
The Average Price of a PS4 Sold on eBay is $425. So Far.

Good - fuck those scalpers!

And hey - MS fucking peoples accounts already, not even a week in! Kudos!

It bothers me when I hear about people paying $900 for something they can get for $400 if they just waited a few weeks. Maybe I'm just jealous because I don't have that much money to waste on my impatience, or maybe I'm just bothered by stupid people. Who knows

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Nov 26, 2013, 08:45 Pigeon

Well if its just something they do with the series then that's not so bad, i.e. publisher decisions rather than something pushed by Sony. Well its bad, but not necessarily an indicator this is the direction PS4 games will take.

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 14:26:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 14:23:
panbient wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 12:02:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 08:50:
Hopefully Sony will avoid that pitfall, but it sounds like they're going to give it a try with GT6. This has soured me on the notion of buying a PS4.

Why would a game coming out for PS3 sour you on the idea of getting a PS4?

Because it means they're more likely to try that model for PS4 games. I'd hate to purchase the system only to find they move to this, pay for a full price game and then pay to unlock the rest of the game, model.

Didn't GT5 already do this? I got the XL version that included download codes for extra cars and tracks.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Nov 25, 2013, 14:23 Pigeon

panbient wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 12:02:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 08:50:
Hopefully Sony will avoid that pitfall, but it sounds like they're going to give it a try with GT6. This has soured me on the notion of buying a PS4.

Why would a game coming out for PS3 sour you on the idea of getting a PS4?

Because it means they're more likely to try that model for PS4 games. I'd hate to purchase the system only to find they move to this, pay for a full price game and then pay to unlock the rest of the game, model.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Nov 25, 2013, 08:50 Pigeon

Microsoft just couldn't resist that low hanging fruit, poison though it may be. Hopefully Sony will avoid that pitfall, but it sounds like they're going to give it a try with GT6. This has soured me on the notion of buying a PS4.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 14:01 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 13:37:
Panickd wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 13:31:
Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 12:51:
As of yet, there is no known fix for Xbox One's bricked by the E100 error.

Ouuuuuccchhh... Yay, I spent 500 bucks on a new console, I'm gonna have so much fun!
"E100 Please send your console in for repair."

We need to see video of people's reactions after that. I wonder if some people will literally explode.

It's funny, in my ~ 25 years of PC gaming, I've never had a bricked PC.

What constitutes being "bricked" in the PC world? I've blown video cards, CPUs, memory chips, power supplies, had a few hard drives die and blew a motherboard once all of which brought my PC gaming to an end at the time for a minimum of several hours. Admittedly some of that was my fault for using parts beyond their specifications but some of it just died of it's own accord. But at any rate at least some of the parts could have been said to be "bricked".

Well, that's a part that dies, and you can just swap out a part. (Good luck doing that on a console). I was more referring to applying an update and bam, PC is dead, and you can't do shit except send it in for repairs.

I've had a few parts die on me, memory once, a hard disk once, and a power supply, but that's been it. Been kinda fortunate, I guess. (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!)

I've heard of laptops and even PC components getting bricked from BIOS or firmware updates, but often there's a way to reverse those that doesn't involve sending it in. I'd be plenty mad if I got a new system and it bricked the day I bought it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: LG smart TV snooping extends to home networks, second blogger says. Nov 22, 2013, 09:31 Pigeon

LittleMe wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 00:56:
Well don't expect the Govt to come to your rescue. If you do, you're an idiot. Take actions for yourself and spread the word as did Ars. The customer is the boss. If people alter their buying decisions then LG will be forced to change for the better.

I can see a demand for routers and software that blocks this sort of big-brother spying traffic. The market will adjust.

A boss that is actively lied to, mislead, is not allowed to know anything about how the company actually operates, and has a severe case of a psychiatric condition known as dissociative identity disorder. Or in other words the customer is not the boss, the customer is just that, a customer.

And no I am not saying people should just buy whatever and hope the government comes to the rescue. People should stop buying products from companies that take advantage of them by deceiving them about the product or service, such as collecting information that passes over their home network. It should also be illegal, and if the government has sufficient evidence should take legal action.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 22, 2013, 08:28 Pigeon

deqer wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 01:27:
Why would Microsoft buy something that AOL ruined? ...

I have faith in their ability to ruin this even further.

974 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo