Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1275 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 24, 2014, 15:18 Pigeon

Scud wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 15:04:
Except there's still a little problem with the fact that you don't own the space you're selling, the city does. I can only imagine the kind of shit that will get started when someone is waiting for somebody else to leave a spot and is told that they're not leaving until the person who paid them to leave shows up. Also, ParkModo was guilty of paying people to take up spaces but it's just those kinds of "innovations" that this kind of system will lead to.

Exactly, it's not their spot to sell.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Phone unlocking Jun 24, 2014, 10:27 Pigeon

Meanwhile in DC, a delivery truck full of cash bags pulls up in-front of the Capitol building.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2014, 13:59 Pigeon

Task wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 11:57:
A pc with those iMac specs could be built for less than 600 lol (and the ram could be upgraded later).

Even as an all-in-one its ridiculously expensive. Maybe the extra cost is from finding a Core i5 with only 2 cores running at 1.4Ghz

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2014, 10:25 Pigeon

That is one shitty $1,099 computer.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2014, 10:05 Pigeon

"A full 56% of Americans oppose the merger, and only 11% of respondents were in favor of it.... three quarters of respondents 74% believe that the merger will increase cable and internet prices for everyone."

Saying over half doesn't really illustrate the disparity in support as some 33% don't have an opinion. When you take that into consideration 56% in opposition is huge. Among those with an opinion its 5 opposed to 1 in favor.

It shouldn't even be in consideration if politicians actually listened to their constituents. But then I understand how the sacks of money Comcast is contributing can muffle the of pissed off voters...

News Comments > EA on "Unacceptable" BF4 Launch
4. Re: EA on Jun 20, 2014, 09:22 Pigeon

Was he taking a money bath while making these comments?

Also:
"Not to abdicate responsibility whatsoever - we own it, we are responsible for it and we have worked tirelessly to remedy the situation - but..."

'...that's totally what I'm about to do'

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2014, 08:49 Pigeon

Bungie helped make PS4 controller better for shooters

Hmm, I don't remember my PS4 controller looking like a mouse and keyboard.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 19, 2014, 22:57 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 20:30:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 20:23:
When Clarence Thomas writes the majority opinion of a 9-0 decision against you, you KNOW you're in the wrong.

Ha! Zing! Cereal though, it was a good decision and long overdue. Seeing as congress can't pull their collective heads out of their collective asses on patent reform maybe the SCOTUS will manage it.

Wait, you mean my, typing words... but on a computer, patent is no longer valid!? I'm ruined

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
14. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:20 Pigeon

Well I finally managed to work through my back log of games from previous summer sales. Time to fill it back up again  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2014, 09:53 Pigeon

I'd also suggest paying a CEO those ridiculous amounts reflects the poor priorities of the board. Either being taken in by branding and/or he illusion that more expensive = better.

I thought the mayor poop tossing story was going to be about him getting in trouble for a return to sender act, nope, the guy is a psycho for throwing shit in his neighbor's yard because the neighbor disagreed with him.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 17, 2014, 15:05 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:22:
Using a cell to look at a GPS program is no different from texting. When I need to look at my map I only do when I'm stopped at a light or I pull over and study it. When your driving your only focus should be on driving.

Soo... rigging my laptop to the dash so I can play DOTA2 while driving to work isn't safe either?

I've ridden with people who act like their GPS screen is more important to watch than the road, its scary, but explains a lot of the terrible driving I see.

3. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record Jun 17, 2014, 11:55 Pigeon

Which basically says you've got content people want but they can't get legally without a lot of hassle and/or without paying significantly more than they are willing. I'm not condoning piracy, but when you see this much of it there's a problem on the supply side.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Countdown
10. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 11:29 Pigeon

I can have a hard time finding servers where the teams aren't consistently lopsided. I don't mind losing, but I don't like getting rolled because the other team can hit the ass of a gnat from two miles away, and my team keeps trying to hug enemy turrets, and not the kind of hugs spies give turrets. I don't particularly like being on the team that does the rolling either. But I guess that's a problem with most games like this.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 17, 2014, 10:04 Pigeon

AT&T Warns Wireless Customers Personal Info Exposed, customers charged personal information exposure warning fee.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 16, 2014, 23:08 Pigeon

Maybe we'll get something as precise as 'I know it when I see it'  

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 15:46 Pigeon

nin wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 15:29:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 15:23:
How about Comcast forcing you to "share" the internet connection you've paid for and using your electricity so their so called customers can have wi-fi access from you as a collective hot-spot.

Pretty sure you can opt out of that.

If memory serves correctly you can, but you have to know its there to opt out, and some how I doubt Comcast is presenting it as an option.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 14:44 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 14:21:

Second, you have to micro-transaction absolutely EVERYTHING. Not just pay-to-win shit, no, EVERYTHING. Want to change your keybindings? That'll be 5 bucks for the "Keybinder Unlock." Want to be able to quicksave? Ten bucks for the "Quicksave Unlock."

Fun bonus, every time you get an achievement, your credit card (which you have to provide before being allowed to install the game) gets charged three bucks, which shows up on your bill as "Administrative fees for processing an Achievement."

Ssh, don't give EA any ideas

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 16, 2014, 11:57 Pigeon

That's right send C&D letters to a fan who is essentially encouraging people to shop at your stores by highlighting the fun things that can be done with your crappy furniture. Yeah she's making add revenue, but its not like she's making money selling furniture as IKEA. Hopefully Self Assemble Furniture Hacks domain name isn't taken.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
20. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 16, 2014, 08:51 Pigeon

Denthor wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 01:15:
The idea of channels (since you guys are discussing it) needs to change or even die. We don't need whole channels when they just produce a few good shows and the rest are not. We can now push a button to watch what we want to, unlike 20th century technology. It's more efficient this way too. Networks might become more like publishers in the future where they back certain shows that we buy or select, etc.. Who knows but I do know we need to allow the market to change and not support the status quo.

This sums it up nicely. It's just a refusal to evolve. By not evolving they just open the door to competitors like netflix and amazon.

Having just said that they are evolving just not the way we want. Double dipping on traffic, abolishing net neutrality, its like they are building a saftey net for the inevitable cable tv crash comes.

It's the same issue as it is/was with the RIAA/Music industry, they see new technology and distribution methods as a threat to their business model instead of an opportunity to reach more customers. So instead of adapting they litigated and obstructed. They've more or less been dragged into the 21st century, but not without leaving a trail of claw marks that go back to 1997. IMO the digital music market is still less than ideal due to record industry fuckery.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 8
6. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 8 Jun 14, 2014, 21:26 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 17:24:
Axis wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 15:28:
I wasn't impressed with BF4 at all, but something about the new Hardline is immensely fun and satisfying even if I'm stating so within the honeymoon period of beta.

That's interesting. Someone posted the exact opposite the other day. Good to hear an alternative.

The No Man's Sky trailer was the most impressive, IMO.

Yeah that trailer certainly had the aesthetics that left you wanting more. Hopefully the rest of the game can deliver.

1275 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo