Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 965 (Graduate)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2014, 14:09 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 13:25:
Eh, I thought he was asking if it could hurt someone if it just refracted without direct contact. Not sure why I thought that.

The laser just going into the cockpit is very distracting, and like you said, that's not what a pilot needs on takeoff/landing, especially not in a helicopter...

Right, and both Helicopters were emergency services vehicles. One a police copter and the other an emergency transport for a children's hospital (which had a patient in it at the time). The sentence seems harsh, but the perpetrator was already on probation so that may have factored into it as well. Basically he was having his fun at other people's expense and safety and then got caught. I don't feel bad for him.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
6. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 19:22 Pigeon

$50M goal: Sell to facebook for $2B

News Comments > Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG
8. Re: Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG Mar 31, 2014, 14:00 Pigeon

Atomic wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 13:01:
Creston wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 11:06:
It is a good idea, and I'm curious to see how it will work out. However, the cynic in me just thinks that this is nothing but a dev who wants to make cash off an MMO without having to spend time making actual content...

Wow, glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that.

That's a good possibility, their website certainly looks like it is waiting for someone else to add content.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 31, 2014, 09:44 Pigeon

BitWraith wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 09:13:
That 4k TV story seems a little upbeat - like it's a press release or something. I don't know anyone who's going to run out and buy a 4K TV... wreaks a little of 3d to me.

Big box stores like Best Buy can only hope 4k spurs a TV buying spree like the transition to flat screen. I think it stands a better chance of success than 3D, no goofy glasses and probably easier to deliver 4k content than 3D.

News Comments > Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG
1. Re: Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG Mar 31, 2014, 09:28 Pigeon

An interesting idea. Player run servers could be more specialized, so if you like PvE group based play, everything in game could be specifically tuned to that. Implementation will be everything of course, but at least the idea is good so far.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 27, 2014, 11:39 Pigeon

CrimsonPaw wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 11:00:
nin wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 09:23:
The Last of Us is Coming to PlayStation 4

Please be true. And bring GTA5 with you!

This, and this, and this!! Since GTA is coming to the PC, I would be surprised if the DIDN'T bring it to the new consoles.

The good news for PS4 owners just keeps rolling in

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2014, 09:41 Pigeon

Pretty sure the Attila the Hun story is fake. The rest of the "news" on that site also seems pretty far fetched.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2014, 09:55 Pigeon

So they let their animals breed and create genetically sound offspring, and then kill the offspring because they're afraid of inbreeding?

Straede maintained that the lions had to be destroyed also partly to avoid inbreeding between the two young lions and their father.

Again, they killed the father, then why was there a "danger" of inbreeding? They seem so concerned about genetic integrity, but I don't know why since they don't seem to have a problem euthanizing healthy offspring. Something is very wrong there.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 09:44 Pigeon

Fry: My God, it's full of ads!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 26, 2014, 09:39 Pigeon

nin wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 09:25:
Report: PS4 to get PS1/2 Backwards Compatibility.

Hope it's true! Sony's been on a roll lately...

Yeah it'll open up a huge, hopefully discounted, game catalog. Not gonna hold my breath, but I'll be pretty happy when/if it happens.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 08:36 Pigeon

What they forgot to mention is the card in their slide show was the actual size.  

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
5. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 10:35 Pigeon

I'm going to wait on grabbing this, having fun leveling paragon and grabbing loot atm. It's shocking, I kill things and loot drops that I actually have to think about as a viable replacement to current gear. Also changed up to an Archon/Beam of doom build and finding killing things much easier.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2014, 09:26 Pigeon

Sam's Club to be outsourced for all the government's bulk phone data needs.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
20. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 25, 2014, 09:19 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 21:50:
Prez wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 21:36:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 20:30:
Honestly I still don't think that that poll is anything more than a joke. I mean saying that a game company with, at worst, a capitalistic mentality is worse than banks screwing people over out of their homes, large-scale companies foregoing safety and dumping millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf, and then the multitude of other companies out there that are actually causing physical harm on people is rather stupid.

You are assuming that everyone who votes has the exact same definition of "worst" as you do. As an example, someone else might have had pretty good customer service and got a decent home refinance loan from one of the banks you despise while having gotten screwed by EA in one or more of the myriad ways EA fucks over their customer base on a regular basis. Their vote is legitimate as well. Not veryone sees everything on a global scale; many people rate things based on how those things affect them personally. Which is why, incidentally, I voted for EA again...

Exactly. You're a direct customer of someone like EA and indirect with other companies like BP, Monsanto, et al. This isn't the "evilest" company in America, it's the worst - as it applies to how it treats customers and staff. While Monsanto is pure evil they treat their demons, er employees quite well, and their customers are farmers so unless you know some they're the ones getting fucked in the ass sans lube.

To be fair, EA got beat out by Time Warner which the internet denizens are likely to be directly effected by.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Trailer
14. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Trailer Mar 25, 2014, 08:57 Pigeon

Just hoping for a smarter AI. Always bugged me that harder AI just meant the computer got massive bonuses to production, research and economy, and seemed to know where habitable planets were as soon as you discovered them.

The video didn't mention anything new as far as game play vs. GC2

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: DRM Coffee Mar 24, 2014, 14:07 Pigeon

I hope this back fires on them in a big way. K-cup machines probably wouldn't be as popular as they are if there weren't a large variety of brands for people to choose from. You can get your cheap Folgers or your over priced Starbucks, or whatever in between.  

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
7. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 10:22 Pigeon

I did some paragon leveling this weekend and was really enjoying the game. Got a few legendary drops, one of which was a nice pair of burning boots, and crafted (dropped pattern) an awesome set wand for my wizard. Probably need to work on my wizard's build some though. I can do massive burst damage, but I run out of mana fast and have to real watch my cooldowns.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: FFXIV Mar 24, 2014, 08:45 Pigeon

"8 years of XI left us unable to... Break free from our fixation on graphics quality"

Uh-huh Rolleyes

I think it could have been summed up with one slide, we did a shit job.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 23, 2014, 18:32 Pigeon

Prez wrote on Mar 23, 2014, 18:16:
If Netflix Hates ISP Troll Tolls So Much, Why Are They Paying?

Because if they don't they can effectively be put out of business.

^This. Netflix still has to keep their customers happy. Whether or not the degradation of service is their fault Netflix is the one that will get blamed by the large majority of customers and it will be their service that runs like crap while other services run fine.

Whatever other objectives Netflix might have, retaining their customers (i.e. income) is top.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week
11. Re: EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week Mar 22, 2014, 19:15 Pigeon

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 18:27:
Stimpack wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 16:53:
So do you get any kind of alpha/beta access to the regular game, or is this all entirely just Landmark?

It's entirely just Landmark. I dropped a $20 for the Closed Beta. It sounds really interesting, but like Cutter I wish they had not went with the 'stylized' graphics. EQ II graphics are still damn nice for it's age.

Probably hoping for longevity as far as looks go. Realistic tends to look dated faster. I think cause people are more accepting that a stylized look is how it is supposed to look. Wow has been going for 10 years, and while it looks dated, it doesn't look 10 years dated.

965 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo