Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1226 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 8, 2014, 13:21 Pigeon

Sucks about Drive Club, I was looking forward to it, but its not a big deal. Sony should have been more proactive in telling people what was going on instead offering only silence.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 8, 2014, 13:18 Pigeon

NKD wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 12:33:
Eh without recordings of the phone calls it's hard to say. It's possible this guy started invoking the name of his company to try and get things done. That's actually against the policies of a lot of companies. But if that's true, Comcast is still a little bitch for reporting an upset and dissatisfied customer.

It is true we only have the guy's side of the story, but Comcast has such a long and well documented history of atrocious customer service I find his story easy to believe. He claims to have done a lot of documentation so that should make his case a lot easier.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 8, 2014, 10:09 Pigeon

It can't be legal for Comcast to pressure the man's company into firing him when the issue at hand is a personal billing dispute and if the guy has no direct influence over the business between PWC and Comcast. And even if he did the appropriate thing to do would be to reassign him to something that didn't have direct contact with the Comcast account, so as to avoid a conflict of interest.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 5, 2014, 00:56 Pigeon

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 22:37:
A cogent, concise, argument against the Comcast-Time Warner merger. Clerly the DoJ and FCC will ignore it utterly. Corruption abounds.

Yes, but did they send their message attached to a Brinks truck full of cash?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 2, 2014, 11:47 Pigeon

TheEmissary wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 10:46:
This is probably sounding like a broken record at this point but they really need to do something add value to the PS4 version of the PS+. I understand that the PS4 doesn't have the huge library of games to select from but why can't they toss some PS Now rentals to play the other platform's games. They need to do something other than releasing indie games that most people already played a year or two ago.

There have arguably been some fun indie games for ps+, but the constant stream of indie games is getting a bit old. I'm hoping November sees a non-indie release to coincide with the launch anniversary of the PS4. Drive Club looks fun, hopefully it's not gimped beyond having less cars and tracks than the full version.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Sep 30, 2014, 11:34 Pigeon

Maybe he'll just remove the whole class system all together now. I mean having to choose between a class, it creates a barrier to just enjoying the game. Gear will now determine your roll and will be labeled in thickly scrawled crayon, TANK, HEALZ, DEEPS.  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 29, 2014, 13:21 Pigeon

The company's 337 page filing (pdf) references companies like Google Fiber, Hulu (which Comcast co-owns) and Netflix countless times in trying to make the point that consumers are just drowning in competition:

The only thing that makes me more disgusted by the claims they make is the fact it'll be bought, literally and figuratively, hook line and sinker by the lawmakers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 29, 2014, 13:15 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 12:48:
Kudos to Microsoft, that's unexpected and welcome.

Edit: Wait, article says Microsoft Indonesia. Let's wait til MS America confirms it.

That was my thought. I hope it's true though, I want to build a new machine but I don't want to get stuck with win8 and then have 9 come out 6 months later.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2014, 18:40 Pigeon

Sepharo wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 18:38:
Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 17:39:
Blue, there's a "betty crocker cake mix" quiz ad that throws up pop-ups. Just as an FYI. It closes readily enough, but pop-ups typically make people quickly reach for the adblocker again.

Why are you searching for cakes?

I've got an ad for Restasis eye drops right now.
Computer I haven't taken those in years.

Sometimes a man just wants some cake.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 27, 2014, 17:15 Pigeon

[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 14:30:
“it may take a few years”- Hahahaha That is a good one!

Well it's going to take a lot of time and brilliant minds to come up with a way to make customers think they are being treated fairly and with respect, while still treating them like sacks of skin, fat and hair they're strip-mining for money.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2014, 18:42 Pigeon

wrlwnd wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 17:28:
pnag wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:04:
To try and play Devil's advocate, it could also be that they can't get applicants with the required qualifications in the US. Does happen!

Wrong. There are plenty of qualified software engineers looking for jobs right now.

M$ just wants cheap labor.

What companies usually mean by, 'we can't find qualified applicants' is they can't find qualified applicants that will work for well below the average pay for the position.

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2014, 08:58 Pigeon

UHD wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 14:45:
Verno wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 14:26:
I find the numbers pretty dubious, the WD Red failure rate seems far too high and the Seagate numbers are catastrophic, there would be widespread angst and recalls if it was really 24% for a single drive line. That's like IBM DeathStar material. Probably also worth noting that BackBlaze's usage scenarios aren't exactly the norm when considering consumer drive applications.

Yeah, have to take usage patterns into account. They're probably thrashing the hell out of those drives in a way some random shmuck won't. The drives they use aren't designed for the work they're putting them through either; it just so happens they're the most cost-effective solution even when taking higher failure rates into account.

I had one of those Deathstars. After the 2nd failure I told them to send me a drive from another model line and was met with no resistance. That drive worked great and I still around, just not in use because it's comparatively small now.

My current PC has been rocking a Hitachi Deskstar for the last 6 years, and an even older WD as a storage drive.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2014, 13:17 Pigeon

I wouldn't mind red-light cameras if they were actually designed for, a safety stand point. But they revenue tools, on the ones I've seen around me the yellows are shorter, and people tend to slam on their breaks the second the light turns yellow, or slow way down when approaching a green light because they're afraid of it'll turn yellow.

Increase the time the light is yellow, and only ticket the people that blatantly run the light. But if they did that I guess they wouldn't be profiting off it.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2014, 11:39 Pigeon

Comcast loves to take advantage of the poor, and then prop up their half-assed programs to gain political leverage... Actually maybe this tactic isn't to show how good hearted they are, but gain politicians' acceptance by showing they're just like them. Like finding out someone has the same interests and hobbies you do.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 22, 2014, 09:25 Pigeon

That article needs to be renamed, How to make a good point in the most awful way possible  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 22, 2014, 08:28 Pigeon

Well in HomeDepot's defense, it would have cost them money and been a slight inconvenience while they upgraded their system Rolleyes  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 19, 2014, 13:05 Pigeon

They may have stricter DRM for their online music services and you can easily rip a CD to just about any digital format you want. Frankly I prefer CDs too. The only positive to digital music is you can sometimes get studio quality tracks.  

General Discussion > NFL Week Three
3. No subject Sep 18, 2014, 13:13 Pigeon

And now the Cardinals have a running back on the naughty list. Wonder if this will keep going as people start digging.

Another week of uncertainty. Sucks for trying to make accurate picks, but great from a watching stand point.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2014, 08:56 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 02:57:
Well, duh. Comcast, Verizon, AT&T, etc. always have given more money to politicians than Google, MS, Yahoo, etc. Silicon Valley doesn't really play the game very well.

Well the latter tends to rely on innovation, good service and competitive pricing as a business model, while the former bribes their way to monopolies.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 17, 2014, 16:20 Pigeon

I think I know someone who's going to fail their medical ethics course. She's probably done for with Med school, and she'll undoubtedly be saddled with debt from loans and with a felony charge its going to be hard getting any sort of job, hope that iPad was worth it. dumbass...

I suppose she could always get an MBA and go work as a bank executive. Then she could legally steal from vulnerable populations.

1226 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo