Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1226 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2014, 10:14 Pigeon

What, you mean mouse & keyboard desktop users aren't going to be forced to use an interface designed for mobile and touchscreen devices? What an uncharacteristically sensible idea.

Hopefully win9 comes out sooner rather than later and is actually good. A new build is on the horizon and I don't want to get stuck with the bastard child OS again. Currently running Vista, which runs just fine, but vendors give it no love. AMD has stopped releasing drivers for it, while still continuing to support XP.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 1, 2014, 10:01 Pigeon

Comcast spokesperson Joel Shadle told Ars that the Speedify test relied on Comcast's business equipment, rather than the equipment that's used for the residential hotspot program, and that the equipment was outdated

Because I'm sure Comcast always sends out their latest modems to all their customers.

What they really need to test is whether or not the claims it doesn't eat into your bandwidth is true, and if it makes it easier to hack into your home-network. The power consumption is negligible.

News Comments > Steam Hits 8M Concurrent Users
5. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 1, 2014, 08:55 Pigeon

NKD wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 02:27:
Is that number of players in-game or people logged in AFK?

Only logged into Steam as far as I can tell, but that's still a pretty awesome achievement.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2014, 10:39 Pigeon

Having more or less cleared out my backlog of games and having a little more disposable income this year I got a lot more than I ever have before.

XCOM: Complete
The Pit: DLCs
Bioshock Infinite + season pass
Borderlands 2 GotY
FFVII and VIII
Papers Please
Dark Souls
System Shock 2
Broken Age

So I've got a lot to play now. Though I wish I'd realized XCOM:EW wasn't a proper expansion pack as I played XCOM:EU to completion. Also the game causes infrequent BSoDs, I've not seen a BSoD in years and I've had 3 while paying that game :/

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 30, 2014, 09:56 Pigeon

Essentially this change destroys item builds, the key theorycrafting element in current MOBAs, as well as changing the entire class role system.

Yep, that sounds like blizzard alright, homogenize the shit out of everything. I'm not a fan of MOBAs, for reasons that are probably in line with why blizzard is going MOBA-lite. But it sounds like they're removing the things that make the game more enduring. Its the same things they did to WoW and Diablo3; cut down on the options and decision making so its easier for newbies.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2014, 10:57 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 00:12:
How is Dust: Elysian Tale? I'm not really into platformers, but this looks like it has some interesting RPG elements, and word of mouth has been good. It's on flash sale for $3 right now.

I enjoyed it. Its like a platformer/beat'em up with some light RPG elements. Has a very Saturday morning cartoon feel to it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 27, 2014, 08:54 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 04:02:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 19:49:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 18:26:
Best Buy Provides Pizza, Asks Employees To Contact Congress About E-Fairness Bill.

Illegal?

That was my thought, too. There's got to be a law against that.

Are you guys serious? Lobbying is LEGAL in the United States Congress and you are seriously asking if bribing your employees with pizza is legal??? MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA...

Since when have politicians ever held themselves to the same standards as everyone else?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: German Gov. cancels Verizon Jun 27, 2014, 08:40 Pigeon

*nelson laugh*  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 26, 2014, 13:01 Pigeon

Between PS+ and the steam sale I'm drowning in games again. Guess I'll have to quit my job so I have enough time to play them all.  

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
27. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 11:38 Pigeon

mag wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 10:38:
InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 10:14:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:58:
InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:55:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:45:
I saw some kids playing minecraft at the local park

Im trying to picture this in my head but really cant get it to work with my (limited) imagination. Were they like sitting in the sand pit and playing it on their laptops?? Worried
More like on their iPod or iPad.
This game is on every imaginable platform.
My 7 yrs old son plays this all the time. He shows me the stuff he built, and than when he gets together with his other friends they are talking about all their Mincraft stories.
I think this game is amazing to capture the young ones like this. I much rather see my kids play something like this than CoD

Its kind of sad to see that in the park though. Whats the point of going outside to play if they are basically still playing minecraft on their ipads or whatever?? Sigh...50 years from now kids wont even know what a tree looks like in real life, they will probably recognise one in a picture on their tablet of choice...

I think you guys completely misinterpreted Pigeon's comment. They were playing "Minecraft", as in the unauthorized-imagination-port and "ground-is-lava" clone, not Minecraft the game on electronic devices.

Bingo! Sorry I wasn't clear, no electronic devices were used only their imaginations and playground equipment. I only knew it was "Minecraft" they were playing because one of the kids was loudly and excitedly explaining the rules.

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
4. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 09:45 Pigeon

ViRGE wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:37:
nin wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:33:
Never would have guessed it would get so popular, but good for them. Fun game...

Indeed. I bought it back in Alpha; but I never thought it would take off like this.

I saw some kids playing minecraft at the local park, it appeared to be a variant of the classic 'the ground is lava' game with zombies.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 24, 2014, 15:18 Pigeon

Scud wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 15:04:
Except there's still a little problem with the fact that you don't own the space you're selling, the city does. I can only imagine the kind of shit that will get started when someone is waiting for somebody else to leave a spot and is told that they're not leaving until the person who paid them to leave shows up. Also, ParkModo was guilty of paying people to take up spaces but it's just those kinds of "innovations" that this kind of system will lead to.

Exactly, it's not their spot to sell.

1. Re: Phone unlocking Jun 24, 2014, 10:27 Pigeon

Meanwhile in DC, a delivery truck full of cash bags pulls up in-front of the Capitol building.  

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2014, 13:59 Pigeon

Task wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 11:57:
A pc with those iMac specs could be built for less than 600 lol (and the ram could be upgraded later).

Even as an all-in-one its ridiculously expensive. Maybe the extra cost is from finding a Core i5 with only 2 cores running at 1.4Ghz

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2014, 10:25 Pigeon

That is one shitty $1,099 computer.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2014, 10:05 Pigeon

"A full 56% of Americans oppose the merger, and only 11% of respondents were in favor of it.... three quarters of respondents 74% believe that the merger will increase cable and internet prices for everyone."

Saying over half doesn't really illustrate the disparity in support as some 33% don't have an opinion. When you take that into consideration 56% in opposition is huge. Among those with an opinion its 5 opposed to 1 in favor.

It shouldn't even be in consideration if politicians actually listened to their constituents. But then I understand how the sacks of money Comcast is contributing can muffle the of pissed off voters...

News Comments > EA on "Unacceptable" BF4 Launch
4. Re: EA on Jun 20, 2014, 09:22 Pigeon

Was he taking a money bath while making these comments?

Also:
"Not to abdicate responsibility whatsoever - we own it, we are responsible for it and we have worked tirelessly to remedy the situation - but..."

'...that's totally what I'm about to do'

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2014, 08:49 Pigeon

Bungie helped make PS4 controller better for shooters

Hmm, I don't remember my PS4 controller looking like a mouse and keyboard.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 19, 2014, 22:57 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 20:30:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 20:23:
When Clarence Thomas writes the majority opinion of a 9-0 decision against you, you KNOW you're in the wrong.

Ha! Zing! Cereal though, it was a good decision and long overdue. Seeing as congress can't pull their collective heads out of their collective asses on patent reform maybe the SCOTUS will manage it.

Wait, you mean my, typing words... but on a computer, patent is no longer valid!? I'm ruined

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
14. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:20 Pigeon

Well I finally managed to work through my back log of games from previous summer sales. Time to fill it back up again  

1226 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo