Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1590 (Pro)
User ID 18068
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
13. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 17:33 Pigeon
As others have said it's scummy, but its a pretty widespread practice in the retail sector. Clothing is probably the worst, I've noticed on a number of occasions old price tags with the old non-sale price covered up, which is decidedly lower than than the price getting discounted; so that 60% off is more like 25% off. Best to have an idea of what things cost before getting hooked by a sale. Not saying people don't have a right to be upset at such practices, they should be, just don't believe everything you're told.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support
13. Re: On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support Nov 25, 2015, 16:16 Pigeon
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:41:
Dev wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 12:02:
I've been waiting for a deep steam sale. Maybe others have too. I own everything Space Battles 1 already.
Same. Apparently we waited a bit too long. Although the obvious question arises, is the game in good working order right now, as of whatever the last patch was?

If it's buggy, failed to reasonably live up to promises, and/or just terrible I can kind of understand people being upset, but at the same time the game is $7.50 on steam right now 50% off. How long do you expect the guy to support it; buy the game for less than $10 and he owes people support for life? No company does that. Some AAA games barely get support 2 months out and cost 4x this game's asking price. Maybe someone who has played the game can comment, but from what I see this is a reasonable move on his part. Then again, the internet and reasonable have the whole oil and water thing going.
News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Debut
1. Re: AMD Crimson Drivers Debut Nov 24, 2015, 11:43 Pigeon
Well took forever to install, but nothing obviously broken so far, that's a plus. New UI is okay, doesn't seem anymore functional than the previous UI.  
News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: MST3K Revived... Nov 21, 2015, 15:48 Pigeon
News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2015, 08:40 Pigeon
“Blizzard now possesses the whole Stormbuddy source code. There was no permission given by Bossland GmbH, nor were we contacted by Activision Blizzard, nor had Apoc the rights to give out our intellectual property.”

Intellectual property that is designed to infringe upon, and profit off of Blizzard's intellectual property. They've got an up hill battle with that one.

Also my favorite quote:
Today Blizzard acted in a manner as shady as possible for a multi-billion-dollar corporation.
'And we're experts on being shady'
News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
11. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 21:33 Pigeon
Translation: Our guys and graphics card dudes were like, 'this is a huge mess, it's going to take a lot time and money to fix'. And our money crunchers were like, 'No way in hell we'll make money back on this.' So we were like FUCK IT, lets make some nipple armor DLC and sell it to the console kids instead.  
News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 11:41 Pigeon
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 11:10:
If it flops that was a lot of failed time from the moving desks, that could have been HL3 dev time.

What, you've never had a big project to do and decided everything else had to be done before you could properly start working on it? 'Boy I never noticed how dirty the ceiling is, I should probably clean, sand and repaint that before I can get started on this report.'
News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 18, 2015, 22:49 Pigeon
Simon Says wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 22:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 20:12:
Be interested in those benches.

Yup, but mostly interested in the 250-300$ segment of the same chipset benches. If they finally managed to QUADRUPLE the performance of similarly priced cards from almost SIX YEARS AGO now.

Yup, Moore's prediction is dying...

They say first half of 2016, I'm thinking maybe sooner than later in that first half. Card prices are pretty cheap right now, I suspect retailers are trying to reduce inventory of older cards before the new ones arrive next year.
News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 18, 2015, 14:47 Pigeon
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 13:50:
InBlack wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 12:44:
Choice and consequence was a staple of the previous games. No longer it seems?

It's like a JJ Abrams movie where there are several layers of plot or, in this case, dialogue but only one is fully fleshed out to create an often underwhelming payoff. Like the 5 things video above, you play as a very narrow character who can only go as far as being a jerk because he's the heroic dad looking for his son.

In one case, I introduced myself to the Railroad because I wanted to fill out my quest log but, once you meet them, you HAVE to join them regardless of the dialogue options in order to finish that chain. You can say no but it really means 'not now'. Being a member of the Brotherhood and even being acknowledged by a Railroader (?) as a member should have given me an option to tell them to piss off with their 'Free Synths' ways or eat a lead salad.

I mean, I could have just untracked the quest chain at that point but that's the poor man's way of saying no.

That sounds very unfallout like, actually very unlike Bethesda. Were they secretly bought out by EA or Activision? Honestly I usually the follow good guy try to help everyone path, but I like the option to be bad. If I find a faction annoying sometimes its nice to erase their existence from the game.
News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Drivers
5. Re: AMD Catalyst Beta Drivers Nov 17, 2015, 13:30 Pigeon
Hopefully this'll give Fallout 4 FPS a big boost on AMD systems. From reading around it seems there were some issues beyond God Rays not running as well on AMD GPUs. Mainly big frame drops coinciding with a drop in GPU utilization.  
News Comments > Disgaea on Steam "Soon"
1. Re: Disgaea on Steam Nov 17, 2015, 13:21 Pigeon
I'll have to at least put this on my wishlist; I've had a few friends who have harped about this being a great series for the last 10+ years.  
News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 10:15 Pigeon
What a horrible week last week was for picks. I don't think I've ever only gotten 4 right. Congratulations to the two who manged to get 7 correct; a number normally expected from random guessing suddenly looking like it could only have come from a pick'em savant.

Despite getting the pick wrong I can at least take some satisfaction from my home team beating the Bengals last night. A horrible offensive showing for both sides, but Cincinnati didn't count on us bringing out our 4th quarterback of the season, renowned Bengal slayer, T.J. Yates, who made a terrible throw into the end-zone that was expertly caught by our star receiver who routinely drops "easy" passes. Perhaps they shouldn't have concussed Hoyer. Also I hesitate to say it, but our defense looked more like it should, even our easily beat secondary was doing good on coverage and came up with a timely interception and forced fumble.
News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 16, 2015, 13:59 Pigeon
Alamar wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 13:24:
Did this actually happen to any of you, or is this the usual BN comment section?

Just checked mine, and no changes...

I had a file type association change to the default app; I don't remember anything else changing. I did notice briefly that there was a message saying my location service was being utilized, but all of that is supposed to be turned off. Maybe there's something in event viewer that will tell me what was using it.
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2015, 13:06 Pigeon
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 12:19:
Even worse than a chair falling apart is the deathcall it makes prior to doing so. You can't move an inch in any direction without the chair crying. I'll have to take mine behind the barn in not too long.

Some metal bits started falling out of mine a few weeks ago. I have no idea where they came from, but its wobbly now. What gets me is how cheap the "metal" feels, it doesn't bend or break it crumbles... So yeah mine is due to be sacrificed to the dumpster gods soon.

Anyone have suggestions for good chairs? I don't need anything fancy/expensive like the Aeron, but it does need to last.
News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 12, 2015, 08:29 Pigeon
Hope AMD comes out with some drivers that greatly improve performance; a 40% difference is huge.  
News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
27. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 08:29 Pigeon
LiTh wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 07:38:
Thats right my little beta testers, get to work! Perfect it with mods and patches until I grab the GOTY edition on discount

Ok ok, i'm a little bit jealous...

This is my feeling too, I want to wait for a better product, mods and drivers, but I also wanna play it now. I just have to keep telling myself I have other games to play...

On a some what related note for those who could not resist, how's the default UI? I know Skyrim's was a mess of consolitis and I ended up quitting and grabbing SkyUI about 10 minutes into the game.
News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
6. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 10:10 Pigeon
Raven wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 09:26:
I'll just jump in and say that I only had one bug last night, and it was probably a Steam bug where "tab" didn't always work when switching from the overlay.

Happy that quite a bit of the crafting is unlocked at the start. Just gotta get a few more perks to unlock more stuff.

Game looks amazing, though I predictably died when I went off scavenging for more junk to build stuff. Protip - modding a pipe pistol into a sniper rifle is all fine and dandy, but go for the bayonet instead if you're only going to bring 3 bullets with you...

How does the saying go, never bring a knife to a gun fight... unless you only have 3 bullets.
News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 9, 2015, 20:23 Pigeon
Walls make it hard for us to see if Chris Dodd is running a meth lab in his house.  
News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Mod lets you explore Alien Nov 9, 2015, 14:33 Pigeon
I might have to try this. One of my biggest problems with the game is there's this wonderfully designed environment to explore and all this lore/story building stuff you never get to see because you're too busy hiding in a locker.

Actually the real annoyance is that to collect a lot of the world/story building items requires quite a bit of back tracking for no other reason than to collect those things. Also there's really only one point in the game where you can go almost anywhere in the maze that is Sevastopol and have access to all the areas, and it happens to be during a time where the alien's presence is most frequent. You just shot me, set me on fire and exploded a bomb in my face? No problem I'll just scramble up this air-duct for about 3 seconds and be right back down to impale you with my tail.
26. Re: [Theory] Jar Jar Binks was a trained Force user Nov 3, 2015, 21:39 Pigeon
Oops double post  
1590 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News logo