Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 965 (Graduate)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy III Revealed
5. Re: PC Final Fantasy III Revealed Apr 18, 2014, 11:40 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 11:10:
I was just bitching about them needing to re-release FF3 like two days ago. I am MADE of magic! What else do you guys want me to bitch about so it'll happen? Bidding starts at a 16" pizza with 3 toppings!

I don't think this is the one you meant though .

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2014, 10:11 Pigeon

While the majority of Americans consider themselves both digitally creative and tech-savvy, a disproportionate number of people are stifling their creativity by locking away their data on old technology and burdening themselves by continuing to use devices that are slow and bulky....
...Whether spring or summer cleaning or searching for the perfect gift for mom, dad or a favorite grad, now is a great time to organize digital clutter and refresh outdated technology.

Laugh Whatever you say Intel, I'll go throw out my desktop and laptop and buy a tablet so I can unleash that creative potential that's been chained up in the basement that is my PC's hard drive.

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy III Revealed
2. Re: PC Final Fantasy III Revealed Apr 18, 2014, 09:36 Pigeon

Wonder if it'll be similar to the DS release. Not the best of the older FF games but pretty good. My only issue with the DS release is some of the extras required you to use the contrived "mog-net" to email other players so you can unlock access.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 18, 2014, 08:33 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 03:08:
robdot wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 20:17:
so, the big news here is that bungie is still working on destiny,ok,,,thanks.

Hey, they gotta keep it in the news SOMEHOW.

Almost there, just a few hundred thousand million lines of code to go

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2014, 13:46 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 13:00:
Alright. They need to remake that. For the PS4. With kick-ass graphics, exact same gameplay.

I'll buy that for $60. Shit, I'll Kickstart it for $100.

They remade FF IV(II in the US) on the DS as well. Upgraded graphics, Voice Acting (pretty good VA IMO), added dungeons and some additional game mechanics that fit well with the original.

I'd support 6 getting that treatment or better.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2014, 12:11 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 11:57:
Verno wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 10:03:
Sony getting out of bed with Square isn't surprising, Square is floundering and Sony needs to shore itself up.

At least Square has finally realized that, hey, people will pay MONEY for remakes of their older FF titles on newer systems. I've been playing the FFX HD remake, and it's been pretty awesome.

Maybe one day they'll stop being morons, and remake FF3. (though it's possible they may just not have any of the actual source code anymore.)

3 or 6? FF3 was remade on the DS, FF6 or NA 3 has yet to be properly remade (I think there are crappy iOS and Android version out there)... and I want a (real) remake badly for that one. Probably my favorite of the FF games, closely followed by FF 4.

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
39. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 12:02 Pigeon

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 10:58:
Dagnamit wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 10:48:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 10:30:
I no this is blasphemy to many, but with the backlog I have and it's only going to get larger. I'm more now for 15 hour'ish length games, For many games that go much longer my ADHD kicks in anyway as I become a bit bored repeating its game play for so long. I rather it just end around 15 and get to the next game. This is about the only chance I have at seeing the light of the backlog tunnel.

But I'm totally fine buying quality games at 75% off even if I don't get to them. A it is still $ in the devs pockets. B. It is setting a market and has played a factor in the lower costs of games.

That's like the Stick of Truth sitting at $60. I want it, but it doesn't match the value of so many other turn-based games out there. So I wait.

I almost always play through single player games on the easiest difficultly level. Turns a 20 hour game into a 12 hour game. Guess that makes me a content tourist, rather than a gamer!

Aside from it being Blasphemy, what you describe really is not ;p

I often set games to easy too, and I am an hardcore twitch gamer to the extreme otherwise. Only games I enjoy playing I set to "normal" ,p where normal is that neither AI nor me get any advantages.

In the end I play a game for good engaging gameplay and story, for immersion and atmosphere. Not for some number based challenge or grind.

I only play higher difficulty when I really love the game.

I usually settle for normal, I figure that's what the game play is tuned too. Some games scale difficulty well though, I think I played Deus Ex: HR on hard. I don't remember feeling too limited in how I played. Other games (like most strategy games) give the AI such a huge advantage you're forced to use a specific strategy.

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
15. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 09:53 Pigeon

Prez wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:39:
That's probably close to my personal percentage actually. I'll get to them evetually.

I've been working through my back log and making progress. I've self instigated a moratorium on buying new games or playing MMOs. Currently working through Arkham City, which I bought over a year ago.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 15, 2014, 14:47 Pigeon

This update should make the share button infinitely more useful. Hoping it delivers on the promises.  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 15, 2014, 10:12 Pigeon

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 09:45:
"Microsoft confirms it's dropping Windows 8.1 support."
I am confused

You should be as that was a terribly written article. Microsoft won't be supporting 8.1 machines that don't have the latest big update. It clearer in the article they are citing. Its kind of like them saying, if you haven't installed service pack 1 you won't be getting any further support. At least that's my interpretation.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 14, 2014, 14:17 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 13:20:
Holy shit is that restaurant googling you back ever creepy. I just want professional staff who are knowledgeable about their job and their products. I could care less if the sommelier and I have an affinity for jazz. I'm not there to talk about jazz with him, I'm there to have dinner.

Welcome to Stalkers, I'd ask what you want to drink, but I already know heheheheh O_O

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 14, 2014, 09:26 Pigeon

Forget about all those other times baby, that was all in the past. I'm a changed telecom I swear!  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 11, 2014, 13:23 Pigeon

The company is apparently worried that they could annoy Comcast executives too much with an ongoing fight, resulting in them failing to even get the 3 million Time Warner Cable customers Comcast plans to divest as part of a merger condition.

Definitely nothing wrong with a system where customers have so little choice, they're used as bargaining chips between "competing" companies.'I'm going to buy the Ranch, but if you don't make a bid driving up the cost of the ranch I'll give you 300 head of cattle'

6. Re: last of us trailer Apr 11, 2014, 12:58 Pigeon

13 seconds of actual game footage, on a minute and half long video :/ .  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 11, 2014, 08:36 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 19:49:
Shut up Google. All you clowns need to be reigned in too.

Well its okay for them to do it because they just want to sell all your info to anyone willing to pay for it. They would never do anything bad with it, or use the money they make selling your information to lobby for laws that would trample your rights as a citizen while allowing them to increase their profit margin.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 10, 2014, 08:38 Pigeon

PropheT wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 19:47:
nin wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 18:42:
Wow, harsh Infamous review...all I can say is I'm 3-4 hours in and having a blast.

Different strokes...

Yeah, I loved the whole thing. My only complaint was that it was too short (~15 hours at 100% completion with a good guy play through).

Harsh reviews are kind of his thing, when he really likes a game he doesn't have a lot to say

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 11:34 Pigeon

InBlack wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 09:53:
I would say that what is worse is that corporations have the legal protection and are treated as 'persons' under law and yet repeatedly face very few consequences for breaking most said laws.

The mountain of hypocrisy that is building up in our modern society truly is astounding...

"A democracy cannot function effectively when its constituent members believe laws are being bought and sold."

That's a quote from Justice Stevens' dissenting opinion in the Citizen's United case. Seems to sum it up pretty well.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 8, 2014, 11:58 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:15:
Yeah, I'm sure that treadmill will sell like hotcakes. Lulz.

And I don't know about worst but for outright evil Monsanto wins that handily.

They both use pretty nasty tactics to get what they want, it's just Monsanto is doing it with one of the few things that are actually essential to life. It'll probably be Comcast since they more directly and visibly effect the internet voting denizens.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2014, 09:49 Pigeon

The FCC denied an appeal by Comcast, which argued that its practice of charging customers separately for a DTA (digital terminal adapter) a converter box that allows cable subscribers with older televisions to receive digital channels, which the company said would be provided at no charge is not subject to rate regulation, because it is a service fee. The ruling was issued on March 19.

Provided at no charge, but they're charging a service fee for it? Comcast and I apparently have very different views on what 'provided at no charge' means. Sounds like these things are a $1.99 service charge for each TV, per month. You should be able to buy one retail for about $20.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2014, 09:31 Pigeon

I was actually just wondering whatever happened to the Homestar Runner series yesterday. I only casually followed it, so I never noticed the years it was apparently missing. Very surprising to find out one day after I absentmindedly thought about it. I can only assume I HAVE MAGIC POWERS. Speaking of things I haven't heard about in a long time, I wonder whatever happened to that Firefly TV series, it was kind of good.........

nope not back on the air, damn

965 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo