Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1446 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > WildStar Goes Free-to-Play
11. Re: WildStar Goes Free-to-Play May 28, 2015, 16:03 Pigeon

LittleMe wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:31:
Bill Borre wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:11:
Besides wow, are there any of these games that haven't adopted this model?

eso

I thought ESO went subscription free. Kind of a guild wars model where you buy the game, and then free access after that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2015, 13:10 Pigeon

Hopefully they did a better job of constructing the bridge than they did photo shopping the concept pictures. Some pretty dramatic looking geography though, I'd love to see what it actually looks like in person.  

2. Re: Force Awakens May 20, 2015, 11:30 Pigeon

Not sure how I should feel about the short runtime thing. On one hand I agree that there's no need for useless bloat. On the other hand, how short is short? And are they going to sacrifice plot and character building to jam in more action. Still the original 3 were just over 2 hours each so probably not much to worry about.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Oculus May 19, 2015, 11:49 Pigeon

Why would they? That'll be the motivating reason behind half the sales.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 18, 2015, 09:31 Pigeon

"Admits defeat" makes it sound like they're closing up shop, which I'd hazard to say is anything but true.

I read about this a few days ago on another site, and the number of people trying to defend botting was amazing. 'It's just honor points' and, 'it's not hurting anyone' were the common cries from people who had the moral reasoning skills of cantaloupe.

News Comments > WoW Bot Bans
6. Re: WoW Bot Bans May 14, 2015, 13:34 Pigeon

Wallshadows wrote on May 14, 2015, 10:50:
If the forums indicate anything it's that most of those who were banned din do nuffin. Rolleyes

I'm not surprised that so many were caught though as Blizzard wasn't exactly doing anything about them for quite some time. From what I hear, it targeted the Honor Buddy bot so now battlegrounds might be functional for a couple of days until something new comes.

That seems to be their strategy, wait for things to get real bad, then mass ban. I remember it being particularly bad back in Wrath, where there were also a lot of map exploiters. Not a particularly effective deterrent since it allows for long periods where people go unpunished.

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
14. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 13:49 Pigeon

Task wrote on May 11, 2015, 11:44:
jimnms wrote on May 11, 2015, 11:15:
I'm just worried Fallout 4 will be Skyrim with guns.

Your worries will be realized.

What I am about to say is total speculation, but if Beth is the one making FO4, I don't expect it be as well written compared to Obsidian's NV. Most of the time I see people say they prefer NV over 3.

I enjoyed both, but NV was the better game IMO. Better story, better weapons and things stayed challenging for the most part. FO3 was better for exploration, but I felt like it didn't take long before you became the wasteland juggernaut.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
12. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 10:14 Pigeon

I stopped playing early in the game. There was a place where a scripted event occurred and I should have used that opportunity to progress towards the objective, but instead wanted to explore some more. Unfortunately that seems to have setup a situation where getting to the objective was made much harder than intended. I'm sure there's a way around it, probably using some game mechanics that weren't explained well, but the frustration of trial and error set in so I stopped having a desire to play. I'm sure I'll go back to it at some point. I feel I should like it and might if I give it more of a chance, I really enjoyed Outlast, but I just have to be in the head space where I'm willing to deal with the frustration.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 10, 2015, 00:48 Pigeon

I know I have no choice. In some places around here you can have a choice between Uverse or Comcast, and other places might have crappy DSL service.

I'd love to know % of places has actual competition vs. none. And by actual I mean comparable service, not cell service, shit slow DSL or expensive laggy satellite.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 8, 2015, 22:46 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2015, 22:20:
Guy is lucky he wasn't killed. Wonder what made him pass out like that? Also, is it just me, or is that a weird place to have a dashcam? Can't even call it a dashcam, more like a B-pillar cam. Why would you ever mount a camera there?

Also, check out this footage of an asshole camaro causing an accident after being egged on by an asshole truck.

Supposedly some undiagnosed medical condition according to the youtube comment, in many ways very lucky because it could have been much much worse.

EDIT: Wow, what a dumbass. Dude in the truck was a bit of a tard too. As satisfying as it may be to punish asshat drivers, it's not worth chancing something like that happening.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2015, 22:58.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 7, 2015, 16:42 Pigeon

Not sure nailed it would be the words I would use. They didn't make a bunch of moronic declarations which they'd later back peddle on, and they have slightly better hardware.

Their launch games were pretty weak, 1080p 30 FPS is not a given and some of the promised features were missing at launch (Most of these have since been added in updates).

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 5, 2015, 09:12 Pigeon

"These people that think if you are even remotely homophobic, you are 'hateful' and a 'bigot,' and do everything they can to destroy you in every vicious way possible," Herman wrote.

I think that's the triple twist double back flip of the mental gymnastics world. He stuck the landing too, I'll give in a 9.6.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Internet Customers Surpass... May 5, 2015, 08:50 Pigeon

The only thing I find surprising about that article is that it's just now happening.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 3, 2015, 22:08 Pigeon

Julio wrote on May 3, 2015, 20:44:
Not sure why people would pay to subscribe to Hulu with ads.

While I'd rather not have the ads, at $8 a month it's cheaper than even just basic cable, it's HD, watch when you want and for the most part commercials are short and few between. If I had to have one or the other I'd go Netflix easy, but I can have both so why not.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 1, 2015, 10:10 Pigeon

Conley then proposed that a backdoor be implemented on personal devices but corporate networks be allowed to keep strong encryption with no "golden keys."

Ah yes the ole corporations should have more rights than citizens argument, along with the implication that corporate crimes somehow don't matter as much those perpetrated by individuals.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 29, 2015, 22:06 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 21:42:
Axis wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 20:12:
Daredevil is fantastic, nothing else to add.

Yup, it's awesome. About halfway through. Next up: Bloodline.

I've sadly got 1 episode left. So far loving the characters, but Fisk steals the show by far.

10. Re: Crest Apr 29, 2015, 10:10 Pigeon

While the ingredient in question is completely safe... we understand there is a growing preference for us to remove the ingredient. So we will

Legal/Damage control to English Translation: Oh shit, our useless marketing gimmick has back fired creating some real health and environmental concerns. We're going to stop doing that so we don't get sued, but not so quickly it'll look like we've done something wrong.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 14:04 Pigeon

WaltC wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 10:57:
What I have seen is the government acting on anti-Comcast sentiment that is 100% emotional/political--so it was not "the consumer" who benefited here: it was the anti-Comcast crowd. Makes me feels sorry for the ailing TWC's customer base.

If by 100% emotional/political, you mean people being worried that Comcast will continue to have terrible customer service, drag its feet on upgrading/expanding networks, use its customer base to strong arm other companies into paying them and half ass their offerings for the economically challenged, then yes it was 100% emotional/political.

Past behavior is predictive of future behavior. If they're unmotivated to stop doing those things now, you think handing them an even bigger monopoly is going to change that or make it worse?

News Comments > Diablo III Blood Shard Bans
20. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 26, 2015, 10:45 Pigeon

NKD wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 09:59:
I have zero problems with rollbacks or bans in leaderboard/competitive play scenarios. Cheating is cheating, regardless of whether you're exploiting an obvious bug, botting, or whatever.

If you take an "Exploits are our fault, so exploit the shit out of them until we fix them!" approach you basically foster an environment where even players who wouldn't otherwise use exploits will use them just to remain competitive, since they know there will be no consequences. I can't think of any game that has gone easy on exploiters and cheaters and at the same time has healthy competitive gameplay modes/features.

One thing is just not compatible with the other.

Pretty much this. I have no problem with this kind of thing either, people who abuse bugs ruin the game for other players. Yes, Blizzard is responsible for any bugs in their game and that means not only do they have a responsibility to fix said bugs, but also having a policy in place that the discourages exploiting bugs before they can be found and fixed.

The attitude of, 'They made a mistake so I can take advantage of it however much I want', is just a weak attempt at justifying antisocial behavior. There are other ways of bringing things like this to attention than exploiting it for personal gain. People are responsible for their own behavior.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2015, 13:29 Pigeon

We noticed that your app or its metadata contains irrelevant platform information in the app. Providing future platform compatibility plans, or other platform references, is not appropriate for the App Store.

Specifically, your app and app description declare support for thePebble Smartwatch.

Pretty scummy Apple. I'd say the information is relevant to their customers, but then they're heavily invested in keeping the shiny Apple blinders on their customers. I know I've seen things proclaiming iOS support on Google play store, so it doesn't seem like an industry wide practice.

1446 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo