Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 632 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes
46. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes Mar 14, 2012, 00:49 Ventura

It's fun, but as soon as I topped out my sithsorc I didn't have much interest to play after the first couple of weeks.

Yeah I figured that was the gist of it. Pretty much nicely explains why I've been on again/off again on MMOs for years now.

I'll stick with my 7-day trial, and then probably never touch the game again once it expires.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes
38. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes Mar 13, 2012, 22:18 Ventura

I'm almost shocked, I actually expected more positivity around here.

A mate set up a 7-day trial account for me, and I'm actually enjoying it. Ok, so I've only played for about 3 hours, but it's a Star Wars fan's wet dream.

Fair enough, I might be sick of it in another few days though.

Oh, and it's already only $58 from BigW out here in Australia. That's pretty cheap, so soon.

News Comments > Romero on Making an Old School FPS: "I Have Plans"
22. Re: Romero on Making an Old School FPS: Mar 11, 2012, 19:58 Ventura

id software needs to just bite the bullet and get the band back together.

I'd be up for that. They say the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and both Romero and Carmack have done nothing really noteworthy since they split.

If the team responsible for the original Doom series and Quake 1 got back together, that'd get my attention.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Patriots Shakeup
15. Re: Rainbow Six Patriots Shakeup Mar 8, 2012, 17:25 Ventura

You HAD a team who was going to do R6 justice, but all you can see is $ is in your head.
Asshats!

Asshats? They're not in it for the love of the job mate, like the rest of us they just want to get paid.

News Comments > Markus Metes Mojang Masses Minecraft Millions
21. Re: Markus Metes Mojang Masses Minecraft Millions Mar 3, 2012, 00:36 Ventura

But yes, he didn't have to do that and its incredibly generous.

And, like I was suggesting, also incredibly rare. Hard to believe Notch and my bosses are the same species, to be honest.

News Comments > Markus Metes Mojang Masses Minecraft Millions
2. Re: Markus Metes Mojang Masses Minecraft Millions Mar 2, 2012, 09:45 Ventura

If I didn't read about it, I wouldn't have believed it possible.

Suffice to say, I've never had a boss even nearly like Notch, that's for damn sure.

News Comments > Happy Birthday id Software
17. Re: Happy Birthday id Software Feb 2, 2012, 06:10 Ventura

Eh, happy birthday, I guess. It's not like they owe me something, why get so upset?

You didn't buy Rage then?

I didn't either, but those that did don't seem to be all that interested in helping id blow out the candles.

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Notch on Piracy
13. Re: Quoteworthy: Notch on Piracy Jan 12, 2012, 17:34 Ventura

Verno wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 15:20:
Notch had this attitude pretty much from the beginning before he was successful which is part of what makes the statement worthy of mentioning.

I would wager it's because he's done more than his fair share of pirating in the past, like most Swedes

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 10, 2012, 18:13 Ventura

The question is, will the console version also require an uninterrupted online connection?  

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
184. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 10, 2012, 06:24 Ventura

There have been people openly admitting they will pirate the game over this.

Rather amusingly, if pirates are able to negate the need to have that online connection, then I may actually buy it and use their crack. I couldn't care if my characters are stored on Blizzard's online server, nor do I care for using their auction house, but if my rather unreliable ISP cuts out right in the middle of the evening during a session and the game won't let me play any more, then that's something you better believe I'm going to give a damn about.

Just out of curiosity, is it setup where they're going to have server maintenance (like Wow), during which time everyone's going to be unable to play? For your average Yank, that's never been a problem, but out here in Australia that maintenance drops right in the middle of the evening.

Do your shit, pirates, some of us are counting on yas with this one.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines CE Outed
41. Re: well..... Jan 9, 2012, 17:25 Ventura

I absolutely loved the Jaguar AVP

I was hoping someone would have mentioned this in here, because as far as I'm concerned, the Atari Jaguar AvP game remains the best of them all.

81. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 05:44 Ventura

How is it at all different than you playing any games on Steam?

You're joking, right? Take your computer offline and see how many of your Steam games you can play while it's in offline mode. I just fired up Torchlight, MW3 and Dungeon Defenders with my network cable pulled from the back.

As he said, Diablo 3 is an MMO wannabe. It won't let you play at all, period.

38. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 8, 2012, 18:04 Ventura

Ordinarly I'd have bought two copies, but where I'm going I'm not going to be able to satisfy that online requirement. At least, not all of the time.

While I'd like to think that the lack of offline play will impact their sales, I don't think it will. Anyone who wants to play this and has reliable internet isn't going to give a shit.

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
55. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 6, 2012, 05:58 Ventura

So I believe you exist, you gamers with internet issues. But you're being left behind. And no one would even notice if you didn't complain about it so much.

To be honest, I don't know if most of those that have a problem with it here do so because they'd have trouble meeting the prerequisite, or if they just don't like it on principle even though it wouldn't technically be a problem.

Either way, that's their choice, but because I'm gonna be going somewhere where I'm going to have to suffer unreliable internet, at least for the time being, it's something I'm pretty much forced into passing on.

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
38. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 18:04 Ventura

I still don't get why there's such a vocal minority who can't stomach a connectivity requirement.

What, you think it's just people with fast, stable internet connections saying 'no' for the hell of it? Here's a thought, it could actually be because of an inability to meet the prerequisite.

We're moving in a couple of months, out of a rental property and into a place of our own, but it's in a suburb where the council opted to go straight to a fibre optic network, and that meant going with a third party provider. As such, the internet is expensive, and apparently, really rather unstable, and because it's with a third-party provider, none of the major carriers will touch it.

The most annoying thing about this debate has always been the closed-minded who are so used to stable internet that they can't imagine anyone not having it.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2011, 00:03 Ventura

Heh I've been watching the clock for 1pm every day this week (EST here). I love it!

Yeah I'm in WST, so I go to bed, wake up, and there's a nice new page of deals staring straight at me.

Absolutely loving it.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2011, 21:22 Ventura

Wife and I both picked up Torchlight. $3.75 each or something like that, can't beat prices like these.

I love refreshing that store page every morning. Unbeatable deals.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 DLC Image
7. Re: Modern Warfare 3 DLC Image Dec 22, 2011, 17:47 Ventura

Modern Warfare 3 had one of the shortest campaigns ever. Literally finished it in 4-5 hours.

In its defense, I enjoyed it a lot more than Battlefield 3's campaign, which really didn't feel like it was any longer either.

That said, if the DLC for MW3 is only going to be new maps, they can forget about me buying any of it.

News Comments > Australia Syndicate Classification Refusal Explained
8. Re: Australia Syndicate Classification Refusal Explained Dec 21, 2011, 05:14 Ventura

Definitely got my attention now too, and I live in Australia.

As I've said before though, nothing stopping me from picking it up from an overseas seller, and on the bright side it saves us from getting raped at retail like usual.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
68. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 21:16 Ventura

Elricsi wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 19:02:
I understand that the odds are low with millions of steam members. But has anyone ever known of someone that won a prize package? By know, I mean a steam friend, friend of a friend or Blues News poster.

Not me, and I was entering that wishlist competition every day.

I happened on a thread somewhere in the Steam forums with a huge list of all the games that had been given out, and there were one or two posters writing in to say that friends had won.

It gives you some idea of how many people are using the service.

632 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo