Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 13, 2012, 00:46 Ventura

Tumbler wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 20:55:
Checking old emails, the $10 off pre order was for owners of trinity or diplomacy.

I have trinity, and definitely did not receive such an offer.

When I get home from work I'll try the website link and see if it's still valid though, because I'd like to take this opportunity to get me a version of the game on Steam.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas
34. Re: Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas Jun 12, 2012, 22:17 Ventura

And if for some reason you don't know what the cookie cutter spec is, here it is

Rather ironically, by recommending a spec that one "absolutely must adhere to", you're damn near confirming what I said. Doesn't absolutely having to pop both WotB and Earthquake for every semi-tough fight suggest there's a problem?

Each to their own, but it reads as broken to me, and going on the official forums, apparently a great many others too.

9. Re: Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas Jun 12, 2012, 18:22 Ventura

Did you play D2? Maybe try grinding and trading some more. geez.

Like all the other classes have to do? Maybe try reading some more.

4. Re: Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas Jun 12, 2012, 18:08 Ventura

Finally! I can get some gear for my broken Barbarian, so he can maybe kill something in inferno without having to kite it to death, and it'll only cost me, what, $50?

Fuck you Blizzard. I wouldn't count on my being a customer of yours again anytime soon if I were you.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes
26. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 7, 2012, 18:13 Ventura

Dev wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 09:44:
BTW, blizzard says repair costs could go up 600%.

With my Barbarian in Act 1 Inferno, I'd be fucked. I don't even think I'd break even.

I was fighting an elite last night, and he put one of those spinning beams down so close to me, I didn't see it until it activated. I went from 3/4 health to dead faster than you could snap your fingers. And I'm supposed to be a tank, if you can believe that. Cloth-wearing Wizards in MMOs last longer in combat than I do.

It's much the same with the mobs that spawn the fire on the floor, or have the fire chains that join them. Get anywhere near that shit, and if you don't move fast, you're gone. So what happens is that you end up with a game of kite and die, damaging them just a bit more each time, until you can finally take them out. If they healed up fully between each death of mine, I don't think I'd be able to get anywhere in this game.

What is it someone else said, 7 years in the making? How the hell did they miss this?

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC
52. Re: Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC Jun 7, 2012, 17:51 Ventura

Just goes to show how truly disappointing this years E3 is, when something like this makes the news.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes
6. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 6, 2012, 22:17 Ventura

Be nice if they fixed Barbarians, you know, so we're not getting completely owned in Inferno while other classes breeze (comparatively speaking) through the acts.

Every other thread in the Diablo 3 forums is from someone complaining about having to level an alt to farm gear for their Barb, just to be able to keep up with their mates, and I know exactly what they mean. Personally, I'm over it. Bring on Torchlight 2 instead.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week?
34. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 05:53 Ventura

Is this the version that adds bots back into the game?

Sad thing is, I'd probably buy it if it did :\

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced
61. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 18:27 Ventura

theglaze wrote on May 30, 2012, 12:55:
I think Doom 3 makes my top 3 best FPS's ever.

That's funny, I think it makes my top 3 worst FPS's ever.

I bought it on release day, went out of my way to get it, and what a fucking joke. It's the last id game I ever bought, and with good reason. Like I think someone else has said in here, oh how the mighty have fallen.

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
165. Re: General complaints, longish May 22, 2012, 00:47 Ventura

Whether you enjoy the game or not doesn't change that they've included must-always-be-online DRM on the SP with the only gain being "you can use the AH in SP". It's a really greedy move with the thinnest veneer of a "benefit".

I don't think anyone will argue that point, but nobody put a gun to anyone's head and forced them to buy it. Granted, not enough of us are voting with our wallets these days.

For my part, I've had a lot of fun with the game, but I'd trade being able to use the AH for offline single player and LAN multiplayer in a heartbeat. Actually, I'd pay extra for that.

Roll on Torchlight 2.

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details
10. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 14, 2012, 22:13 Ventura

Why bother unlocking the game PST? Why leave fans waiting till 3 am to play on the East Coast?

Aww 3am mate, breaks my heart. Out here on the west coast of Australia the servers don't come up until 3pm.

What's the point of going to all the trouble of having a worldwide release day if some of us basically have to wait until the next day before we can play? I shifted my day off from Tuesday to Wednesday because of it.

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
1. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 09:21 Ventura

Not going to play myself. Probably a pretty sizeable download, and it'd only be for this weekend, after all.

I'm saving myself for May 15th

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Demo
4. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Demo Apr 20, 2012, 00:35 Ventura

A Rebellion game getting praise in these parts?

There's a bit of a breeze in hell today.

News Comments > 0x10c, Mojang's Space Adventure Details
30. Re: 0x10&#8198;&#872; , Mojang's Space Adventure Details Apr 4, 2012, 05:36 Ventura

Going to enjoy sitting back and seeing how this one turns out. I'll be happy to buy if Notch can prove he's not just a one-hit wonder. No way in hell will I be paying a monthly fee though.

Ball's in your court now, Notch.

News Comments > South Australia's Rating Complication
3. Re: South Australia's Rating Complication Apr 3, 2012, 19:51 Ventura

Doesn't make much sense to me. If you have to be 18 to be able to buy both MA15+ and R18+ titles, why bother having an MA15+ rating atall?

Only in Australia.

News Comments > Confessions of an EA Viral Marketer?
20. Re: Confessions of an EA Viral Marketer? Mar 29, 2012, 05:36 Ventura

EA are a great, great company, and as a game-delivery service, Origin is second to none.

...and I'll keep on saying that shit, just so long as they remember to keep paying me

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
76. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 18:21 Ventura

The PC version doesn't have good M/KB support, so I'm going to play it on consoles which also doesn't have M/KB support!

The PC accounts for what, 4% of sales? Xbox 55% and PS3 40%? The console versions are going to get by far the most development love (as per usual), so if AC3 on the PC ends up not playable with the kb/m, you're just shooting yourself in the foot buying it on this platform.

Your mistake to make, I suppose, but if even rudimentary kb/m support is too much, you've got to wonder in what other ways they will be pulling back. Sounds like it will be a strict copy and paste job to me, but Jerykk seems to think superior visuals and performance awaits him. Good luck with that one, mate - you're going to need it.

News Comments > Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward
3. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 26, 2012, 20:50 Ventura

I won't miss the guy. I was following him for a while there on Twitter, and like so many, he only ever tweeted back the insignificant stuff. I took that maybe twice, his ignoring valid issues to discuss silly little things, and that was the end of it.

I don't love to hate the cod franchise, like so many, but this time around, the Black Ops 2 gameplay footage that's released is going to want to be shit hot. What with my having a lot less disposable income now, it's going to want to be blow-your-dick-off hot.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 26, 2012, 18:44 Ventura

I don't know, there are some movies (Prometheus) that I only want to see in the theater despite having a pretty kickass home theater setup.

I have a kickass setup at home too, and the better it gets, the more I realise that I only continue to go out to the movies because they get them first. If movies I really want to see, like The Avengers, Battleship and Prometheus, came out on Blu Ray on the same day as arriving in cinemas, it would be a very different story.

It used to be about the big screen experience, but these days, it really doesn't cost all that much to be able to have a similar experience at home.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology
29. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 18:01 Ventura

I hit a brick wall at the 'seemingly' bit too, like it's all just in our heads. Fuck off mate.

If Black Ops 2 doesn't deliver some sweet goods, I'm done with this franchise. I want a campaign that doesn't suck this time coupled with plenty of extra single player content. Footage from the new zombie mode had better rock my socks.

MW3's survival mode suffers from a strange desync bug that continues to have gone unfixed. Releasing DLC maps while letting shit like that fester is how you lose my business.

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo